Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,387 members, 7,958,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment (1711 Views)

What My Neighbour Did To Me Because I Did Not Ask Her Out After Giving Me Signal / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
pls i have a girlfriend who is giving me the silent treatment does not pick my calls?
but interestingly she sent me a birthday SMS. But she still doesn't pick my calls. I tried to speak with her but she just replies with a Hi and does not want to talk more.
We had an argument when i accused her of cheating when i discovered she was talking to a guy she met in her workplace she said they were just friends but i wasn't convinced so i told her to limit the times she calls him, if she sees him as a friend that if the guy has a gf she would not be comfortable with the calls so out of annoyance she said she would call the guy to give the guy a piece of her mind and i noticed that she has not communicated with the guy but one consequence is that she gives me the silent treatment. But i don't understand why send me a birthday message when you don't want to talk to me and when we bump into each other you just mutter a hello and move on quickly guys what do i do as am already pissed off at the attitude.
Re: Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by drmikeadams(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
ehen..you should start pretending like doesnt exist too.
Re: Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by fredopayee(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Still seat her down and talk with her, if she doesn't give u a genuine answer... Den walk away in her face first b4 she does that..
Re: Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by mecussey(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
If you want her just give her back the silent treatment
Re: Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by ItMilly(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
You should gO to her house.. grin
Re: Girlfriend Giving Me Silent Treatment by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
She loves you but she's mad at you.

This is totally something I would do. To her, birthdays are very important, and no matter what y'all are fighting about, she feels a sense of loyalty to you and a need to wish you happy birthday.
It's hard for me to explain this but I'll try. For example, if I had a fight with my sister and prior to the fight, I made it my duty to go pick her from work. I might still feel like putting a bullet in her head but that won't stop me from going to her work the next day to pick her up.
Another example, a wife that is still in love with her husband and cooks for him on a regular, would not stop cooking for him even when they can't stand each other.

Simply put, your birthday, happiness is more important to her than the fight but she still wants you to know that what you did wasn't cool.

I will say, apologize to her and you guys should talk about it. Trust me, she wants to talk about it, even if it's just to yell at you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Proposes To Girlfriend Over Truth Or Dare Game / If You Want A Man, Get A Life / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.