Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar (24286 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan With Ipad At Inauguration (Photo) / Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dangote Watching Collation Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Willy4Willy: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
chiboy_man: words of some of our elders r words of life...he who has nti let him hear
his words are that of ileya Ram
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by EasternLeopard: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
[color=#006600]
Ozonna: I'm not suprised that most of Ϯh℮ guys who are in support/not condeming military coup happens to be Anti-GEJ guys grin.
Unknown to anti-GEJ, MASSOB, OPC, MEND, etc are staunch GEJ supporters who just needs arms to quash the military.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by kettykin: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
I asked a salient question which only one person saw reasons with me. well for those who dont know, a coup will lead to succession crises and a big crises in the army and in the country.

First any coup right now even if it succeeds will not be led and supported by an igbo or Niger Deltan, this leave the core North and the Middle belter ( Yorubas have never done coup and are not capable of doing any coup)
Even if the coup is not crushed by a coalition of Niger Delta and Igbos who are Loyal to Jonathan , the Mantle of power will Natural rest in the COAS who is an Igbo man to the core. This option leaves the North in a very dire situation Knowing fully well what an Igbo HOS portends for them. If on the other hand a much Junior Officer is brought in to the Head the Nation , the saem crises of confidence that arose when a much Junior Gowon was broght to head Ojukwu and Ogundipe and co will arise .
if this happens another possibility of Niger Delta and Igbo soldiers mutiny might not be ruled out and knowing fully well the harm militants have done to the economy , there wont be any limit to the wreck the Niger delta and Igbo soldiers and militants can do the country if they are pushed to the wall

5 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
say no to dictatorship/military coup. i want people to continue enjoying this freedom to critique leaders. in a millitary criticising leaders alone can lead to summary execution. those of you that want naija to be like north korea, may holyghost fire hammer and burn you to ashes. it is evident that if these northern guys come again, naija will retrogress back by 100years. check. out those northern senators that approved childhood/underage marriage to uncles, grandfathers and ancestors.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
Aggrippa: say no to dictatorship/military coup. i want people to continue enjoying this freedom to critique leaders. in a millitary criticising leaders alone can lead to summary execution. those of you that want naija to be like north korea, may holyghost fire burn you to ashes
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Myself2(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah:

I've also asked this question a number of times. What's Amaechi's offence?

Are you from Siberia
Dayotwatnu and co all know the wrongs of Amaechi,but will rather look the other way,since the man is anti GEJ
Well,I'll list a few of his wrongs;6
He sacked an elected LGA chairman(Okrika) for organizing a reception in hour of the first lady(Soyinka suck on it tongue )
He also sacked the elected chairman and councilors of Obio/Akpor LGA,just to spite the woman.Demolished the homes and shops of the people on Okrika water front without providing an alternative location for them,also to spite the first lady.
He as a governor and member of FEC,approved for the establishment of the SWF,only to make a 360 volte face volte face later and started mounting undue pressure on Mr president to abandon the idea.He used the unconstitutional office and instrument of the NGF chair(when he was NGF chair before Jang succeeded him tongue ) to fight the president and oppose every policy of the central government just so to discredit GEJ.
He teamed up with the Hausa/Fulani and embarked on a campaign of calumny against GEJ also to discredit him.He became governor on the platform of the PDP,he is still a PDP member,but always flouts the rules and decisions of the PDP and cavorts with the enemies of his party.He is despotic,tyrannical shouts at and slaps elected and appointed officials in the state,does not carry the stakeholders in his state along.It goes on and on.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2:

Are you from Siberia
Dayotwatnu and co all know the wrongs of Amaechi,but will rather look the other way,since the man is anti GEJ
He sacked an elected LGA chairman(Okrika) for organizing a reception in hour of the first lady(Soyinka suck on it tongue )
He also sacked the elected chairman and councilors of Obio/Akpor LGA
He as a governor and member of FEC,approved for the establishment of the SWF,only to make a 360 volte face volte face later and started mounting undue pressure on Mr president to abandon the idea.He used the unconstitutional office and instrument of the NGF chair(when he was NGF chair before Jang succeeded him tongue ) to fight the president and oppose every policy of the central government just so to discredit GEJ.
He teamed up with the Hausa/Fulani and embarked on a campaign of calumny against GEJ also to discredit him.He became governor on the platform of the PDP,he is still a PDP member,but always flouts the rules and decisions of the PDP and cavorts with the enemies of his party.He is despotic,tyrannical shouts at and slaps elected and appointed officials in the state,does not carry the stakeholders in his state along.It goes on and on.

And these warrants all the trouble in a nation that claims to practice democracy, when will our leaders learn to disagree to agree and yet eat dinner together without watching their back?

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by rusher14: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2:

Are you from Siberia
He also sacked the elected chairman and councilors of Obio/Akpor LGA,just to spite the woman.Demolished the homes and shops of the people on Okrika water front without providing an alternative location for them,also to spite the first lady.
The use of such inflammatory words such as "enemies" make nonsense of whatever facts you may have used (not to say you had any).

I wouldn't say Amaechi is a saint but many of GEJ's devotees make it easy for one to think he is.

Maybe you aren't really an appointed spokesperson (neither am I) but i think you could have left it to the "experts" as you did such a shoddy job.

PS
Now, that's something you can suck on. grin
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Pukkah: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2:

Are you from Siberia

Is this why you guys want to set the state on fire?

Is this why you attempted impeaching the speaker with 5 out of 32 members?

Is this why the soldiers guarding the government house were withdrawn?

Is this why the private jet was prevented from flying?

Is this why the 16 of NGF election is greater than 19?

Is this why you guys sponsored protests in PH?

Is this why 4 Northern governors and Amaechi were stoned?!!!!!

Is this why the Government house was tear-gassed with the governor present?!!!

Is this why Patience stormed PH and prevented the sitting Governor from passing?

Is this why the security chiefs in Rivers stopped briefing the Governor?

Meanwhile, you were quiet about why Patience rudely and uncouthly snatched the microphone from a Governor!

You glossed over the fact that the house of Assembly removed the LG chairman!

Amaechi may be an irritant to you guys but so far he has always remained a step ahead thereby making your camp look like bullies and thoughtless desperados.

There's nothing bad in Amaechi's unannounced ambition. You guys claim he wants to be a VP; is this a crime? Why aren't you harassing the man he wants to run with?

You guys say he's a traitor; why didn't you say the Northern Governors (Aliyu, Lamido, Yuguda, Shema, etc) who supported Jonathan against Atiku, Gusau and IBB were traitors?

Today, you guys are ungratefully and disgracefully stoning the same Northern governors! What message are you sending across? Do you think Jonathan doesn't need anyone again?

If you guys continue to bicker, who do you think will be the greatest losers?

Note that I have ignored the latent rudeness in your reply.

6 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
We know Northerners dream of Coup. KEEP DREAMING!! Even the resident Northerner Mr Chuck keeps mentioning Coup. Well Boko Haram appears to have failed now Coup. U are deemed to fail losers. hahaha!
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
^^^^ Ummmmmmmm
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Pukkah: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: We know Northerners dream of Coup. KEEP DREAMING!! Even the resident Northerner Mr Chuck keeps mentioning Coup. Well Boko Haram appears to have failed now Coup. U are deemed to fail losers. hahaha!

Do those Northerners include the people supporting and working with Jonathan - Tukur, Yuguda, Suswam, etc?

Must you see everything in terms of North and South?

Why didn't you call them losers when they were supporting and campaigning for Jonathan against Ribadu, Buhari and Shekarau?

Must you insult an entire region bevause of cheap politics?

What has your region (or yourself) benefited because of the state of origin of the President?

When you grow up you'll realize that patronage by people in power is based on friendship, relationships and alliances and not crass tribalism.

You would later realize that an Igbo woman is getting contracts from her Governor friend in Sokoto while a Hausa man is having his way in Delta because his old friend or colleague is in power there. Isn't this the way Nigeria runs now? Are you too naïve to know that?

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by martinbillings: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sitex: power hungry northerners...the presidency isn't ur birth right uh!
Yar adua was sick for a period n aso rock was hijacked by a cabal n no1 heard of a coup, a civil formula sorted things out...jst a small fracas in a state and you guys want to take advantage.
It wont work...u hear me
My dear i support your contribution, but remember that these guys are desperate and the just need a little mistake from our Presido to strike. The SW and the North are not happy that an Otuoke Man is ruling over them. Didn't you see what played out when yardua was sick? During OBJ's tenure, We had worst cases in more states, Rep members fought, threw chairs, Efcc was used on houses of assembly, a gov. was abducted/kidnapped but nobody, i mean nobody altered a word, no governors went on solidarity visit, no CP was asked to be re-deployed, no one talked about coup, even villages were invaded by military men yet no one mentioned coup. A president was ruling from India abi germany and no one talked about coup. If it were to be one Abubakar or Olaniyi, no one will call for coup. General what you raised is an important issue, the politicians need to be careful, but lets see ourselves as one and equal in Nigeria. It is only in GEJ time that a party member has gone against the wish of his party, it is only in this time that politicians are above their party. You general, OBJ, IBB and other ex-heads of state should help solve this problem if you really have this country at heart. I don't see much in this Rivers crisis, to me it is an in house issue which will be settled in-house too, but Amaechi and the opposition are exaggerating the issue and thereby threatening our democracy. In the right sense and if we should tell ourselves the truth, it is only the house of assembly of any state that wishes to go that should go and inquire from their fellow legislators what the problem is and help them resolve it. This issue of house fighting and Govs going to show solidarity to their fellow gov makes no sense. He didn't fight, he was not beaten, he head was not broken, the whole drama is getting suspicious. Lovers of Democracy should be vigilant and watchful, cos all their plans have failed and the last option they have now is coup, but we shall resist it. Chibuike, God should be your strength and not some opposition govs. God is love and God is peace. Let peace reign.

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by martinbillings: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And what has our boyz in Agbada and suit done differently? i am not advocating for coup oh but i think the guy spoke well, high time our politician see their job description as leadership and not looting-ship of do or die in office.
You are enjoying Nairaland via internet and be writing all sorts of rubbish. Wait make these khaki boys take over and see if the will not ban internet in Nija. Even phone go disappear. Make una use am dey insult their commander in chief?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
martinbillings: You are enjoying Nairaland via internet and be writing all sorts of rubbish. Wait make these khaki boys take over and see if the will not ban internet in Nija. Even phone go disappear. Make una use am dey insult their commander in chief?

Please take it easy, while Khaki boyz were in power, internet was in existence . . . . tongue
Besides, i dont insult i state what i think is fair and makes sense
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by frankels(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
ok...no problem just postpone the coup for sometime but nt this millenium
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by martinbillings: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
omenka:

When you people say Amaechi shld embrace peace, I keep asking myself, what exactly has he done wrong

Since when did refusal of a a state governor to be dictated to on how to run the affairs of his state by the wife of the president, who has no official designation whatsoever in the state, ammount to a crime Somebody pls tell me.

Leave this woman alone make God no vex for you. Explain how this woman take be rivers problem. If PEJ no plead on behalf of her people who then will do it. She pleaded with Amaechi to dialogue with Okirika people, Amaechi did so and didn't demolish the school in question(According to Amaechi's spokesman). So why bringing in Madam. Is she the sacked chairman and councilors, is she the house members suspended, is she the Rivers PDP chairman that asked Amaechi to reinstate them, is she the PDP that zoned NGF chairmanship to North? Haba make una leave this family alone nau. Wetin, dem swear for una. GEJ hasn't made a comment about rivers, cos you guys will always misinterpret it. Make una allow this man give us wetin im promise us. Abeg ooo he has to finish this 2nd Niger bridge ooo. Madam this, hippo that, illitrate this, retardeen that, coup this desperate that. Who no desperate? Ordinary Gov. GEJ na u cause am. I tell u say this one man one vote go backfire. My advice to a president, if you want to rule comfortably without distractions, chose the people you will work with even Governors. Nija never ripe for one man one vote.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by lafflaff123(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Again I say the military should take over. This is not Democracy we are operating, with this politics of vengeance and high handedness by GEJ,his wife(only in Nigeria will an illiterate like Patience Goodluck run an arm of Govt unofficially and even pick fights with Elected Officials)and his henchmen.

The above is for PDP. And the ACN run its own states MONARCHY style, my apologies Asiwaju Tinubu(Emperor)so yes we might as well have the military in power. The Billions openly stolen by our Politicians was not even done that way by the military.

And honestly, and I say this with shame. Nigeria economically under the military was better than the charade we have now, even the CBN Gov now employs his girlfriend via phone.

I Lafflaff from the GREAT Niger Delta move a motion that the Military should take over, who is seconding me?

3 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
^^^ cry
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by funnyx(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
moodswing: Why is everyone going senile?

First OBJ, Then Wole SOyinka and now Abdulsalami.

GEJ should rehabilitate our mental institutions.

You're right because people like you should have been in one of those mental institutions.

3 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by funnyx(m): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
kettykin: I asked a salient question which only one person saw reasons with me. well for those who dont know, a coup will lead to succession crises and a big crises in the army and in the country.

First any coup right now even if it succeeds will not be led and supported by an igbo or Niger Deltan, this leave the core North and the Middle belter ( Yorubas have never done coup and are not capable of doing any coup)
Even if the coup is not crushed by a coalition of Niger Delta and Igbos who are Loyal to Jonathan , the Mantle of power will Natural rest in the COAS who is an Igbo man to the core. This option leaves the North in a very dire situation Knowing fully well what an Igbo HOS portends for them. If on the other hand a much Junior Officer is brought in to the Head the Nation , the saem crises of confidence that arose when a much Junior Gowon was broght to head Ojukwu and Ogundipe and co will arise .
if this happens another possibility of Niger Delta and Igbo soldiers mutiny might not be ruled out and knowing fully well the harm militants have done to the economy , there wont be any limit to the wreck the Niger delta and Igbo soldiers and militants can do the country if they are pushed to the wall

Your analysis is funny and too simplistic, if there's any coup no one can predict what will happen.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by InHim4Him(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
Any surprised? They have tried Boko Haram, failed and now trying to use some people's backyard to get what they believe is their birthright. We are watching! They can organise their coup but GOD PASS THEM.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by COOLDUN: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
All these rif-rafs barking like oku-igbe will run under their beds, when tanks are rolled out. Look at common fuel subsidy strike.

Don't mind the educated illiterates who are banking on the UN mere mouth treaty that says there would be no more coup,since that treaty was signed we have witnessed many military coups from Mauritania and other countries.

There is no where in Nigeria's constitution that forbids a military coup in the country. The wasteful administration is welcoming military coup while these bunch of morons are attacking a messenger instead of his message. Military take over can never be resisted in Nigeria with the way things are going in the country today.

3 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by victokafor(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
he that had ear to hear, Let him hear....

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by caprini: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
"Money cant buy life"....Bob Marley
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by basty: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Jonathan, be careful, be warned, do not say I no warned you.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by iamtheprincipal: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah: Although these politicians have become so annoying, corrupt and petty, military rule should be ruled out of our political space.

The politicians should put their house in order and pay attention to what they were elected to do instead of this nonsense fight.

The First Lady should be politically neutral and the President should call his men to order. There can't be progress without peace. Amaechi should also embrace peace.

There are other ways for them to disagree without putting democracy at risk.

If this democracy should be truncated, everybody will suffer it. Under the military, the looting will continue with even less governance.

You failed to ask GEJ to call his half-educated wife to order.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Abagworo(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
I stated from the start that if Jonathan removes Amaechi with 5 lawmakers, he'll be removed in less than 2days even without military. 5 senators will impeach him and the military will back it citing the Rivers case as example.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by iamtheprincipal: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2:

Are you from Siberia

To be candid, you have said NOTHING in your write up. Since, you described Jang that pulled 16votes in NGF election against Amaechi with 19votes, a winner of the NGF election. I can now see why you think the way you do like the retards: G&PEJ. Just like Prof. WS put it. "If you marry an illiterate like Patience, you are abound to make very stupid decisions like GEJ."

Why on earth will a Council Chairman spent the scarce resources of the Local Council to organise an uncalled reception for a half-educated 'mere domestic appendage' like PEJ?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by cjrane: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abagworo: I stated from the start that if Jonathan removes Amaechi with 5 lawmakers, he'll be removed in less than 2days even without military. 5 senators will impeach him and the military will back it citing the Rivers case as example.
Who cares about what an Ibo imposter stated? grin grin grin wink wink wink
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2:

Are you from Siberia

Why cant the Chairman he sacked take him to court for overstepping his constitutional boundary.

Sacked chairman to spite which woman? Is he answerable to any woman or to the electorates of Rivers State?

How did demolishing homes built on water become a crime, if he left it he would still be blamed

So opposing Retardeen and his pet Hippo has now become a crime?

So those hausas who teamed up with Retardeen jonathan to undermine and discredit Atiku or Buhari are also traitors?

What rules of PDP has he flouted. List them out

Its only morrons like you that would say shouting at people is a crime
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Worldlife: 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah:

Is this why you guys want to set the state on fire?

Is this why you attempted impeaching the speaker with 5 out of 32 members?

Is this why the soldiers guarding the government house were withdrawn?

Is this why the private jet was prevented from flying?

Is this why the 16 of NGF election is greater than 19?

Is this why you guys sponsored protests in PH?

Is this why 4 Northern governors and Amaechi were stoned?!!!!!

Is this why the Government house was tear-gassed with the governor present?!!!

Is this why Patience stormed PH and prevented the sitting Governor from passing?

Is this why the security chiefs in Rivers stopped briefing the Governor?

Meanwhile, you were quiet about why Patience rudely and uncouthly snatched the microphone from a Governor!

You glossed over the fact that the house of Assembly removed the LG chairman!

Amaechi may be an irritant to you guys but so far he has always remained a step ahead thereby making your camp look like bullies and thoughtless desperados.

There's nothing bad in Amaechi's unannounced ambition. You guys claim he wants to be a VP; is this a crime? Why aren't you harassing the man he wants to run with?

You guys say he's a traitor; why didn't you say the Northern Governors (Aliyu, Lamido, Yuguda, Shema, etc) who supported Jonathan against Atiku, Gusau and IBB were traitors?

Today, you guys are ungratefully and disgracefully stoning the same Northern governors! What message are you sending across? Do you think Jonathan doesn't need anyone again?

If you guys continue to bicker, who do you think will be the greatest losers?

Note that I have ignored the latent rudeness in your reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mob Attacks NTA Properties In Aba / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode / Lawmakers Uncover Billions Budgeted For Non-Existing Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.