Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar (24360 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan With Ipad At Inauguration (Photo) / Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dangote Watching Collation Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by coputa(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
This statement of 'an imminent coup' coming from abdulsalami,who depleted Nigeria foreign reserve to zero dollar during his short stay in power, is highly embarrasing and regretable....his interest in the rivers crisis has futher proved to us that Amaechi now has a northern step father.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by stchinedu: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Monimatic: Where was Abdusalam all these while, he never gave any advice to the government, now that he and Babaginda Arch-nemesis and worst enemy (Major Al-Mustapha) has been freed from prison, he wants to start feeling relevant to the Political discourse.
He knows Al-Mustapha will start exposing all these ex generals.
It's so obvious your psychiatrist is not aware that is idiot is missing.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why would any sane and reasonable person want a Coup when we all know that decades of military era brought us to where we are today ( people with amnesia won't know)

The Rivers Crisis is very unfortunate but it isn't as bad as BOKO HARAM or Yaradua's absence from office. Yes, our politicians aren't delivering as expected, but all we need to do to change it is form an alternative and progressive opposition that will challenge in 2015....

And pls, do not compare Nigeria with Egypt. Nigeria is more heterogenous than Egypt,and much diverse. If Jonathan is ousted, and a northerner takes over, there will be calamity.

Jonathan should be left to complete his term, and all Nigerians should press him to give us a credible election come 2015. This is how I thought the retired general would have spoken.

You call yourself a general, a representative for the AU and have travelled to conflict ravaged cities, instead of you to uphold democracy ( which offers stability, growth and empowerment in the long term), you then speak in the manner of a Congolese warlord...

If you are a Nigerian and you think Coup is the answer to the challenges we face 2day, it's either you unreasonable with low IQ or just too forgetful.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by atlwireles: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
IN THE THREE YEARS OF BOKO HARAM HORROR ACROSS THE NORTH. THIS MAN NEVER SAW THE NEED FOR A COUP. NOW RIVERS HAS SOME HICCUPS THIS LOSER WANTS A COUP. MY FRIEND KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. THE NEXT COUP IN THIS COUNTRY, IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE END OF THIS COUNTRY. NO MATTER WHAT AND WHO IS MADE HEAD OF STATE.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Adamud12: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
O God save my con3. Papa God we need ur intervention
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
just two days ago, northern groups like arewa and others stated that power must go back to north in 2015.
today abdusalam (one of them btw) is threatening a coup albeit indirectly.
well, at least GEJ will not say that he has not been intimated how the north wants to get power back.
the bone in their throat is ihejirika.
they have to pass through ihejirika first.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
More of a civil war
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by martinbillings: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

To be candid, you have said NOTHING in your write up. Since, you described Jang that pulled 16votes in NGF election against Amaechi with 19votes, a winner of the NGF election. I can now see why you think the way you do like the retards: G&PEJ. Just like Prof. WS put it. "If you marry an illiterate like Patience, you are abound to make very stupid decisions like GEJ."

Why on earth will a Council Chairman spent the scarce resources of the Local Council to organise an uncalled reception for a half-educated 'mere domestic appendage' like PEJ?
Hate wouldn't take u anywhere. You harbour evil in your mind against your fellow human. Remember, God took this family from Otuoke thru VG, Gov, VP, and Presido. It simply means if God is for us, who can be against us. You no fit pass God.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by zada(m): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
We all criticise Gen. Abdulsalams comment on the lingering political crisis in the states and in the ruling party PDP. It is important we note that wat has happened in Rivers state is enuf reason for a coup to be imminent,since the onset of our democracy 14yrs back the country still feels abandoned with masses complaining more than in the military days. Atleast one thing everyone is sure of in the military days is peace at all cost. Even as we speak poorly of the corruption and mismanagement in the military days, it is worse now adays with our so called democracy. Our law makers are law breakers, they uphold laws dat protects their lavish lifestyle. The country has withness mass looting in billions of Naira and Dollars, court cases that are endless and meaningless at the end. With such characteristics in the glare, there is need to be afraid where all dis brohaha will lead us if nufting is don fast. In the history of nigeria and in time memorial, even during the military era no time has the first lady meddle into the affairs of the state and the central government until now. The office of the president holds the vote of millions of nigerians and I do not see where the office of the first lady become political rather a previledge by the virtue of being a wife to the president. If a duely elected governor decides to make a law in his state regardless of her excellencey being an indigene does not give her express right to comfront the governor using illegal and hostile approach towards an elected governor. Politics is a game, u learn to play it everyday and odawise seek advice or consultations from people who hv been there before. I felt disgusted wen her excellency told the clergies dat visited her that she tried to stop governor Ameachi from destroying shanties in Okrika town. We shld ask her ova the last three years wat house owners have experienced due to road expansions, I wonda wat people in lagos wld say or do to governor Fashola? I see no regrets today if the military takes ova again, cos our politicians are bunch of money vampires, no vision buh with a mission to clean up the national treasury.Let the military take ova! Bunch of ignorant fools! Dey travell to Dubai and the united Arab emirates for holidays, is it not men like them who made the vision come real. Yet they come back home boarst of travelling round the world but nufting to show for it in their mother land, hw pathetic. Yet they charge the youth everyday to be law abiding and creative, wen even the environment is not conducive for indigenous creativity. For me let the military take ova so we know that the rules is obey the last order, not this rubbish we call democracy. Indeed, demonstration of craze!
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by engrchidi4real(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hmm abdulsami should not put the millitry into temptation,it just like reminding them that its their oportunity
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by T9ksy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
re@lchange:
just two days ago, northern groups like arewa and others stated that power must go back to north in 2015.
today abdusalam (one of them btw) is threatening a coup albeit indirectly.
well, at least GEJ will not say that he has not been intimated how the north wants to get power back.
the bone in their throat is ihejirika.
they have to pass through ihejirika first

Pass through ke? Hell No! They just have to make sure ihejirika is the first casualty of their coup.

Am sure the would-be coupists would have learnt their lesson from the first coup in the history of this country during

which, the "bone in their throat" was given too much latitude to roam around Lagos unhindered and true to form, it was he

who later quelled the coup.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by bonetalk(m): 4:13am On Jul 20, 2013
but, there has been issues like this in Ekiti, Kogi and even in the National House of Assembly in past, why should this one lead to a coup?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by WarriPikin1: 6:01am On Jul 20, 2013
Lord Fredrick Lugard himself said Nigeria should reasonably break up in 2014.After 100 years of forced unity.

Nigeria is over due for a civil war that will finally set its trapped constituent nations free. On that note, i accept that there should be a coup by the northerners as a catalyst to spark the fire for the new dawn.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 20, 2013
Pukkah: Although these politicians have become so annoying, corrupt and petty, military rule should be ruled out of our political space.

The politicians should put their house in order and pay attention to what they were elected to do instead of this nonsense fight.

The First Lady should be politically neutral and the President should call his men to order. There can't be progress without peace. Amaechi should also embrace peace.

There are other ways for them to disagree without putting democracy at risk.

If this democracy should be truncated, everybody will suffer it. Under the military, the looting will continue with even less governance.

I guess his comments is motivated by the recent experience in Egypt. A democratic government is by all means our best option for peace and prosperity. However, the level of corruption and complacency by the citizenry gives this impression that most of us want development while still folding our arms.

I think everyone has obligations to fulfil for democracy to thrive. It is the duty of citizens to put politicians in check. The press and every other segment of the society has their roles. But It seems we've left politicians to go on unchecked.

That is why they will continue to take us for granted and call every one fools by their actions. And come to think of it, if there were to be a coup today, who will have the boldness to challenge the soldiers ?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by charles424(m): 6:53am On Jul 20, 2013
canalily: angry Alahaji pls wake up if you are still sleeping in Nigeria cos their's no room for such plans again! !

I can see dat u are still sleeping,u better wake up! Are we going to fold our arms and see all dis birorobbers turn nigeria to libya or syriaIs what the president and his wife doing in Rivers anything good to behold?? A house dat stand against itself will surely fall.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Myself2(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2013
rusher14:
The use of such inflammatory words such as "enemies" make nonsense of whatever facts you may have used (not to say you had any).

I wouldn't say Amaechi is a saint but many of GEJ's devotees make it easy for one to think he is.

Maybe you aren't really an appointed spokesperson (neither am I) but i think you could have left it to the "experts" as you did such a shoddy job.

PS
Now, that's something you can suck on. grin

Thanks for reading my post and despite your pretence,I know the piece was an eye-opener
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Myself2(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2013
omenka:

Kid...

Why thunkest thou so,well you thunk wrong,so many bases have shifted that with your ignorant summation,thou art the kid
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by afroluciferans: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2013
What better way to mark our centennial anniversary. Nigeria needs a coup and a civil war to top it up. The hounds of hell are itching for a bloodshed to quell their appetite for Negro blood. I remember those beautiful feasts in hell due to the carnage of the world wars of 1914 and 1939. We have lots of room for the casualties that a Nigerian chaos will breed due to the adverse impact it will have on the whole of West Africa. Can't wait!
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by sugardaddy1(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2013
kettykin: I asked a salient question which only one person saw reasons with me. well for those who dont know, a coup will lead to succession crises and a big crises in the army and in the country.

First any coup right now even if it succeeds will not be led and supported by an igbo or Niger Deltan, this leave the core North and the Middle belter ( Yorubas have never done coup and are not capable of doing any coup)
Even if the coup is not crushed by a coalition of Niger Delta and Igbos who are Loyal to Jonathan , the Mantle of power will Natural rest in the COAS who is an Igbo man to the core. This option leaves the North in a very dire situation Knowing fully well what an Igbo HOS portends for them. If on the other hand a much Junior Officer is brought in to the Head the Nation , the saem crises of confidence that arose when a much Junior Gowon was broght to head Ojukwu and Ogundipe and co will arise .
if this happens another possibility of Niger Delta and Igbo soldiers mutiny might not be ruled out and knowing fully well the harm militants have done to the economy , there wont be any limit to the wreck the Niger delta and Igbo soldiers and militants can do the country if they are pushed to the wall
Forget that thing. Give an Ibo man money or offer him the head of a parastatal and he will change camp instantly.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Pukkah: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2013
Warri _Pikin: Lord Fredrick Lugard himself said Nigeria should reasonably break up in 2014.After 100 years of forced unity.

Where did you come across that Lugard's statement?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2013
Let something be made known. Nigeria cannot survive another coup as long as the coup tries to install a hausa man. Nigeria would rather disintegrate. When a someone who willingly gave his position for a democracy now raises an alarm abt the failing of that same democracy which he gave his power as GCON for then I think we should all listen?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by kettykin: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Forget that thing. Give an Ibo man money or offer himd the head of a parastatal and he will change camp instantly.

At least they are wise enough to take money and change direction , what of those who change direction at the sight of bullets or gun or even the sight of a major in the army or some fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by brinell(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2013
Well, the title of the report seems more graphic than mentioned by Abdulsalami. He didn't particularly mention coup sha. Political unrest from crises is already happening. Politicians and citizens, let's note well.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by ChimaAdeoye: 5:15am On Jul 21, 2013
[size=40pt]Let the Northerners stage their coup NOW or STFU![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2013
Kids have taken over Nairaland.

what a pitty, most people on this site now lack ability to comprehend simple statements and appreciate what others say.

Abdusalami Abubakar is not advocating for any coup, he is simply saying that the illegitimacy being enthroned in River State will lay the foundation or precedence for a potential illegitimate overthrow of Abuja.

Why is this too dificult to understand?

I share the Generals view and I agree with him fully.

Nairaland has been taken over by people who are simply as dumb as the President!

By the way General Ihiejirika is just one man! If there is mutiny in the Army it can consume both the President and the Head of the Army. This is not a time to be complacent. There is need to respect rule of law at all levels and Jonathan Goodluck is in no position to enthrone illegitimacy. It will serve him no purpose. It will threaten his personal security and trust me with the way things are going the overthrow of Jonathan will not mean much.

The Igbos will not go to war just for the sake of Jonathan, he needs to stop engaging in ilegality. Yes The head of the army will as part of his duty defend the country and its security. But if Jonathan keeps engaging in ilegality or continues to allow ilegality reign he can actually get impeached!

And I dont know why nobody has tried to get some evidence and take Patience Jonathan to court! She has no immunity from prosecution and her excesses need to be checked with court action if the President will not call his wife to order!
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by lafflaff123(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
mikeansy: Kids have taken over Nairaland.

what a pitty, most people on this site now lack ability to comprehend simple statements and appreciate what others say.

Abdusalami Abubakar is not advocating for any coup, he is simply saying that the illegitimacy being enthroned in River State will lay the foundation or precedence for a potential illegitimate overthrow of Abuja.

Why is this too dificult to understand?

I share the Generals view and I agree with him fully.

Nairaland has been taken over by people who are simply as dumb as the President!

By the way General Ihiejirika is just one man! If there is mutiny in the Army it can consume both the President and the Head of the Army. This is not a time to be complacent. There is need to respect rule of law at all levels and Jonathan Goodluck is in no position to enthrone illegitimacy. It will serve him no purpose. It will threaten his personal security and trust me with the way things are going the overthrow of Jonathan will not mean much.

The Igbos will not go to war just for the sake of Jonathan, he needs to stop engaging in ilegality. Yes The head of the army will as part of his duty defend the country and its security. But if Jonathan keeps engaging in ilegality or continues to allow ilegality reign he can actually get impeached!

And I dont know why nobody has tried to get some evidence and take Patience Jonathan to court! She has no immunity from prosecution and her excesses need to be checked with court action if the President will not call his wife to order!

Hey bro I say this with honesty. You are the first Nairalander I am actually calling INTELLIGENT. Good piece.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Myself2(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
What are the frustrated and sidelined criminal ex-generals still waiting for,I thought by now they would have staged their wishful coup.Dem no reach,levels don change,take it or leave it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP / Akeredolu: "Oshiomhole Is Incompetent, Shouldn't Be APC Chairman" / Osun Election: Charly Boy Storms Osogbo, Berates INEC For Conniving With APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.