Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar (24284 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan With Ipad At Inauguration (Photo) / Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dangote Watching Collation Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Thereishel: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
Coup is already overdue in Naija. Let them drive away all these corrupt politicians. Moreover, all our money that were stolen should be recovered and send them to jails. However, after a year let the army return naija to democracy.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by lacasa: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Can't wait!!!!.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by HandsomeEmeka: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=Pukkah]The political crisis in Rivers State portends deleterious consequences for the country’s democracy, former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar has warned.

The former Head of State and mastermind of Nigeria`s fourteen year old democracy cautioned politicians in the state and the country to put their house in order and avoid overheating the polity or risk a coup.

Speaking in Minna on Thursday in an interview with members of the Correspondent Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Niger State chapter, he cautioned  that the country’s fledgling democracy would be eventually destroyed should politicians fail to unite despite their differences and avoiding stoking the polity with crisis upon crisis.

He particularly decried the political crisis in Rivers State, where supporters and opponents of Governor Rotimi Amaechi have succeeded in grinding the state legislature to a halt.

“I hope those involved would take note of what democracy is and check themselves,” said Abubakar, revered all over the country for voluntary handing over power to a democratically elected government in May 1999.

“What has happened in Rivers State is very sad. I hope that the politicians will try to put a break and reflect on what they are doing in order not to truncate democracy. In democracy, there is a limit to what freedom is all about. There is freedom of speech, freedom of association and what have you but this stops when you start infringing on others freedom.”

He harped on the need for the country to remain united, saying his works as Peace Ambassador with Africa Union (AU) have helped him to appreciate the devastating consequences of violence.

“Having been involved in peace process around the world on behalf of the African Union (AU), I always advocate for peace in our nation because I’ve seen the devastation of unrest in other countries. I pray the tidings of Ramadan would abide with all of us,” he said.

http://huhuonline.com/index.php/more-news1/1866-coup-imminent-if-rivers-crisis-persists-gen-abubakar[/Oh really?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by ZACHIE: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
soup or coup? what is he saying?
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
ZACHIE: soup or coup? what is he saying?

Soup.

Which reminds me, shouldnt you be in the kitchen preparing my goat stew?

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by ddeola: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lagbaja don talk am finish. Mo sorry fun gbogbo yin o,mo sorry fun gbogbo yin lokankan.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God punish anybody wey wan spoil our democracy, God punish dier fada angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by TonySpike: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
I heard there are Army patrols positioned in at least 18 states of the entire 36 states of the federation.

Isn't that already enough recipe for a standard coup plot anytime?

#just saying....
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by babaowo: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its a big lie there is nothing like coup in Nigeria anymore,now that every tribes has there own weapon,the country will rather divide in conflict instead of coup.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Billionaires: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Am so scared! Am so scared!! Am so scared!!!.....Mtchewwwwwwwwww

Boko Haram has failed, now Coup is the next threat.

Let's begin and see who gets hurt, not Niger Delta perhaps but the pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by EasternLeopard: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Any coup led by any Northern general will lead to the massacre of Northerners and disintegration of Nigeria. The Rwanda genocide will be child's play compare to what will happen. MASSOB, MEND, OPC, MOSOP make una clean una guns.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by EasternLeopard: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
[color=#006600]
babaowo: Its a big lie there is nothing like coup in Nigeria anymore,now that every tribes has there own weapon,the country will rather divide in conflict instead of coup.
I pray they make that mistake so that everybody go waka go their own.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Erifenz: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Let's have a good military intervention I think nigeria will be better
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Ayatullah(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
ckkris: Where did he say that 'COUPS is IMMINENT'?

Thanks for your good observation and ability to read between the lines........indeed where did Abdulsalam say Coup is imminent? Though I believe majority of Nigerians will welcome one if only we could get a man like Jerry Rawlings or another Murtala Muhammed to bring sanity back to Nigeria. Hooliganism has definitely taken over as an acceptable culture in Nigeria. Our Politicians save a few deserve the treatment JTF is presently giving our fellow citizens tagged Boko Haram in fact they are worse than Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Josh316: COUP Look Alhaji, don't start putting ideas into the heads of our boys in Khaki o! na so e dey take start! I take God beg you! angry

And what has our boyz in Agbada and suit done differently? i am not advocating for coup oh but i think the guy spoke well, high time our politician see their job description as leadership and not looting-ship of do or die in office.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by eightsin(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
All these ppl advocating for a coup... Make una use una head think n not ur a.sses
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by philips70(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And what has our boyz in Agbada and suit done differently? i am not advocating for coup oh but i think the guy spoke well, high time our politician see their job description as leadership and not looting-ship of do or die in office.

Chairman, all these people speaking here do not know what they ever want. They keep saying the worst civilian government is better than the best military government. Says who? Do we have a democracy now? Is this what they call democracy? Do you ever think this democracy will get better than this? My opinion to all these questions is capital no. I quietly pray for the Rawlings solution. If all ignoramuses like let them attack me. I HAVE NO APOLOGY. IF WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW IS WHAT IS CALLED DEMOCRACY I AM FOR A MILITARY GOVERNMENT. Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Vonwolf(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sitex: power hungry northerners...the presidency isnt ur birthrght uh!
Yar adua was sick for a period n aso rock was hijacked by a cabal n no1 heard of a coup, a civil formula sorted things out...jst a small fracas in a state and you guys want to take advantage.
It wont work...u hear me

Guy, you got brains, I gbadu your comment...where was Gen. Abdulsalami when Yar'dua disappeared for so many months without any details of his whereabout and condition.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Myself2(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thunder fire you Abdulsami abi na wetin dem call you.Make una try anyhow na,una go see enuff anyhow
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by omenka(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah: Although these politicians have become so annoying, corrupt and petty, military rule should be ruled out of our political space.

The politicians should put their house in order and pay attention to what they were elected to do instead of this nonsense fight.

The First Lady should be politically neutral and the President should call his men to order. There can't be progress without peace. Amaechi should also embrace peace.

There are other ways for them to disagree without putting democracy at risk.

If this democracy should be truncated, everybody will suffer it. Under the military, the looting will continue with even less governance.

When you people say Amaechi shld embrace peace, I keep asking myself, what exactly has he done wrong

Since when did refusal of a a state governor to be dictated to on how to run the affairs of his state by the wife of the president, who has no official designation whatsoever in the state, ammount to a crime Somebody pls tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by EasternLeopard: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
@PHILLIPS 70 You can lead the coup but be rest assured that we will put you and your family to death. So pls start the coup and await our reaction.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by omenka(m): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Myself2: Thunder fire you Abdulsami abi na wetin dem call you.Make una try anyhow na,una go see enuff anyhow

Kid...
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Pukkah: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
omenka:

When you people say Amaechi shld embrace peace, I keep asking myself, what exactly has he done wrong

Since when did refusal of a a state governor to be dictated to on how to run the affairs of his state by the wife of the president, who has no official designation whatsoever in the state, ammount to a crime Somebody pls tell me.

I've also asked this question a number of times. What's Amaechi's offence?

However, Amaechi should embrace peace once the aggressors back off. Everyone knows who the aggressors are.

1 Like

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah:

However, Amaechi should embrace peace once the aggressors back off. Everyone knows who the aggressors are.

This are questions that will never be answered . . .
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Jibabs2(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
nairaarea: GOD HELP US
AMEEN
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by kettykin: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please if there is coup today who is likely to be the new HOS head of state
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by rusher14: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
A wise man has spoken.

Before people come with their so-called Northern agenda remember this man could have held on to power like those before him. The result would have been the same; nothing would have happened.

If this man tells you a coup is imminent you need to consider his words highly.

As an Ijaw/Itshekiri man, i feel embarrassed by what the country is right now.

We can decide to get our act together or continue with this vehicle which is destined for failure if left uncheckeed.

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
kettykin: Please if there is coup today who is likely to be the new HOS head of state

Tough question cos looking at all in the realm of power both in Democracy and in uniform, not sure.
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pukkah:

If you are expecting an answer then you are on a long thing.

Retardeens followers cant answer
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Babaji111(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Anyways undecided
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by stantob(m): 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abubakar is not far from the truth.G.E.J,is really sleeping on duty.His wife is becoming over relevant is state matters,one will wonder if G.E.J is governing through her instructions.Its high time these politrikcians wake up from slumber.A word is ....... For the ......

2 Likes

Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by cjrane: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
The coup is still imminent? They should do it now, now today! What are they waiting for? Silly basterds!
Re: Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar by Ozonna(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
I'm not suprised that most of Ϯh℮ guys who are in support/not condeming military coup happens to be Anti-GEJ guys grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode / Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) / Lamidi Apapa Takes Over Labour Party, Declares Self As National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.