Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? (2212 Views)

Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption – Aribisala / Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons / Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption (vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why is the 1st Lady not fighting for the Girl Child??

No long story....

Why is Dame silent on the issue of constitutionally backed rape??

Isn't it shocking that as a mother who wields enormous influence in the country she is silent while the forces of darkness gather to ensure that the future of our nation is made as bleak as possible??

Her voice is needed on this particular issue since as a mother she has the "locus standi" to flex her muscle on this issue.

I hereby call on the 1st lady to stand for justice fairness in ensuring a bright future for the girl child. If we can't fight for our children's future then we have no future as a people.

Engr. Garri the 1st SSCE, B.Eng, VCD, DVD, EFCC, Esq., Jp.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Pygru: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
If the senate president/senate could do nothing to stop it, wetin make you think say Pej go fit do anything
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
Imagine these kids getting married to mature men..

cool

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pygru: If the senate president/senate could do nothing to stop it, wetin make you think say Pej go fit do anything

If she can fight Amaechi, I expect her to be able to fight for the children. Even if she fails, posterity will remember her kindly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Pygru: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by warrior01: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
You're such a hypocrite. I thought your God Wole Soyinka said women are supposed to be mere domestic appendages; to be seen and never to be heard. You, Wole Soyinka and your cohorts are the real evil men of this society.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by TechRev: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Men i wonder oohh. Just as i also wonder why a Professor invented Pirates confra to kill off the young males.
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by homesteady(m): 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by omenka(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Too busy nursing the baby.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by hubbyknows4sure: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Is this not the same people that said this woman should be in the kitchen and not talk. I thought soyinka said she is a mere domestic appendage. Now i know that people are just against this woman because she is from the south south. She talk wahala, she no talk wahala. Infact from today hence forth i declare my allegiance to Gej. Next now, is to take this bullshit to the frontpage from the moderators who love seeing PEJ being abused. GEJ till 2019!
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by princesammmy: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
what can she do about it?
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
How she wan take talk the English to do that?

H-I-P for the HIP for the HIPPOPO
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by hubbyknows4sure: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lol! I can remember the only day oluremi tinubu made her contributions on the senate. Till today she have not made said any other thing on the floor of the senate. The only four words she stood up to say was "vote of no confidence" till now she never stand up not to talk of saying anything. A waste in the hallowed and honourable chambers of the senate.
dayokanu: How she wan take talk the English to do that?

H-I-P for the HIP for the HIPPOPO
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by AZeD1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
hubbyknows4sure: Is this not the same people that said this woman should be in the kitchen and not talk. I thought soyinka said she is a mere domestic appendage. Now i know that people are just against this woman because she is from the south south. She talk wahala, she no talk wahala. Infact from today hence forth i declare my allegiance to Gej. Next now, is to take this bullshit to the frontpage from the moderators who love seeing PEJ being abused. GEJ till 2019!
Use your remaining free mb to check for the meaning of domestic appendage and stop showing Nigerians your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
warrior01: You're such a hypocrite. I thought your God Wole Soyinka said women are supposed to be mere domestic appendages; to be seen and never to be heard. You, Wole Soyinka and your cohorts are the real evil men of this society.

You are an ignoramus!!!

Go and read Soyinka's piece a second time and make sure you call anyone who's got brain cells to be around so that the terms therein can be properly explained to you...

cool
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
warrior01: You're such a hypocrite. I thought your God Wole Soyinka said women are supposed to be mere domestic appendages; to be seen and never to be heard. You, Wole Soyinka and your cohorts are the real evil men of this society.

If you dont have enough brain cells to understand the English he wrote you can as well ask people to translate it for you

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu:

If you dont have enough brain cells to understand the English he wrote you can as well ask people to translate it for you

Don't mind the villager!

it's interesting how the Hippo's supporters are all as daft as the hippopotamus herself...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Comrade Garri the 1st,

To be fair, I think madam first lady has what it takes to increase awareness about the scourge you highlighted alright.

Now whether she believes it is a worthy enough cause, given the allure of Riverine politics, is an entirely different matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/1303292/patience-seeks-end-teenage-pregnancies

First Lady Seeks End To Teenage Pregnancies In Africa

The First Lady and President of African First Ladies Peace Mission, Dame Patience Jonathan, has canvassed for the reduction of teenage pregnancies across Africa. Dame Patience Jonathan stated this at the just concluded National Strategy seminar for the reduction of teenage pregnancies in Sierra Leone, with the theme, “Let Girls Be Girls, Not Mothers.”

In a press statement signed by the Media Adviser to the First Lady, Omoba Kenneth Aigbegbele, Patience Jonathan called for a synergy and partnership between the traditional institutions, religious leaders and opinion leaders on the essence of working together with civil society organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).

Delivering a keynote address on “The Roles of Traditional and Religious Leaders in the prevention of teenage pregnancies,” the First Lady noted that the role of traditional and religious leaders in supporting communities to prevent teenage pregnancy cannot be overemphasised.

She said that sustainable development can only be achieved in the fight against teenage pregnancies if our traditional leaders will return to the dignity and high moral values that had held our traditional communities together. Emphasising on the core roles of these leaders in uniting and developing the society, she encouraged them to take interest in the upbringing of teenage boys as well, but more especially, the girls in their domains; preparing both genders adequately for the responsibilities of adulthood.

She further stressed the need for town hall meetings for the continuous community sensitisation programmes about the dangers of teenage pregnancies, saying that educating the teenagers would prevent them from being misled.

Patience Jonathan appealed to both religious and traditional leaders to continually work with parents and civil society organisations as well as other relevant groups to create the necessary awareness in preventing this malaise that is destroying the future of female teenagers.

Source
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
I wonder what you want the First Lady to say on this matter. The arguement put forward by those who voted to legalise under-age marriage was that it is anti-Islam to put the age of marriage at 18yrs. If the First Lady says anything now, they'll say she is FIGHTING Islam. This is a religious matter and it is too sensitive for the First Lady step into.
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by kingthreat(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2013

For not understanding Soyinka and for insulting an intellect, you're severely retarded.
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
eGuerrilla: Comrade Garri the 1st,

To be fair, I think madam first lady has what it takes to increase awareness about the scourge you highlighted alright.

Now whether she believes it is a worthy enough cause, given the allure of Riverine politics, is an entirely different matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/1303292/patience-seeks-end-teenage-pregnancies

Source

I expect more from her...... Giving a speech on teenage pregnancy is different from opposing a law that is designed to give a free hand to "baby-fuckers".....
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I wonder what you want the First Lady to say on this matter. The arguement put forward by those who voted to legalise under-age marriage was that it is anti-Islam to put the age of marriage at 18yrs. If the First Lady says anything now, they'll say she is FIGHTING Islam. This is a religious matter and it is too sensitive for the First Lady step into.

Cowardly!!!

A true mother doesn't display such cowardice when the life, happiness and future of her kids are at stake. The right thing for her to do is to speak up, her silence is very loud and shameful!!

You're a coward and are undeserving of the nuts under between your legs. Look at the picture below and tell me if any sane mother would allow such a little girl to be "condemned" by an old ba5tard in the name of religious freedom.

Shame on you and the foolish hippo of a 1st lady.

cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Children should be allowed to be CHILDREN in this modern age! Its time a bold political representative spoke out for justice for the innocent ones. Doctors will tell you of the medical and psychological complications of young pregnancies.... Garri the 1st, Thank you for being a voice of reason ! justice and equality ! cry
Garri the 1st:

Cowardly!!!

A true mother doesn't display such cowardice when the life, happiness and future of her kids are at stake. The right thing for her to do is to speak up, her silence is very loud and shameful!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
queenvic: Children should be allowed to be CHILDREN in this modern age! Its time a bold political representative spoke out for justice for the innocent ones. Doctors will tell you of the medical and psychological complications of young pregnancies.... Garri the 1st, Thank you for being a voice of reason ! justice and equality ! cry

Thanks dear!!

The very thought is nauseating. How can a grown man find a teenage child sexually attractive. It's insane, annnoying and highly repulsive.

Shame on all Nigerian women who sit back and watch as the future of their daughters are being sold to satisfy the lust of a few ba5tards!!

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
British children are going to school, riding bicycles, running, laughing and jumping...while these ones are being *ABUSED !! my heart bleeds! cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by greatgod2012(f): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sincerely, it is disheartening seeing teenage girls being married away to an insane and wicked matured adult, old enough to be their grandfather, can they allow their own daughters to be married away like that at that tender age. This country is sick and im sincerely asking for God's healing power to heal all those senators who voted in support of teenage girl marriage.

Linking it to religion is even the most annoying thing. Let me stop here, lest i be boko haramed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by adino(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri is a hypocryte and a fooolish one at that, P.E.J will do nothing about it, you people want to set her up abi. What of the loud mouthed falana, mouth running soyinka, hypocrite okey- ode odumakin and other ghana must go and black market activists. I am very sure remi tunubu and some acn were among those that refrained from voting.
We need the names of those foolish senators that abstained from voting, they are worse than those who voted the evil.
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Garrithe1st: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
adino: Garri is a hypocryte and a fooolish one at that, P.E.J will do nothing about it, you people want to set her up abi. What of the loud mouthed falana, mouth running soyinka, hypocrite okey- ode odumakin and other ghana must go and black market activists. I am very sure remi tunubu and some acn were among those that refrained from voting.
We need the names of those foolish senators that abstained from voting, they are worse than those who voted the evil.

Pure senselessness!!

My question is:
Why is Patience not fighting for the future of the girl child??

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by greatgod2012(f): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
@op, i, personally think there is no much the First lady can do about it, since its done via voting and linked to religion, but, sincerely, it bleeds my heart, how i wish im able to do something about it, but eeeh, its linkled to religion and i think i need to be careful, as im typing, im looking at my 5years old girl and imagining her married away by a shameless old man in the next 7/8 years time, infact, the man will have to kill me first, but God forbid.
Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by Omen100(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
greatgod2012: Sincerely, it is disheartening seeing teenage girls being married away to an insane and wicked matured adult, old enough to be their grandfather, can they allow their own daughters to be married away like that at that tender age. This country is sick and im sincerely asking for God's healing power to heal all those senators who voted in support of teenage girl marriage.

Linking it to religion is even the most annoying thing. Let me stop here, lest i be boko haramed.

I am telling you, it is so annoying & pathetic. sometimes, even the big & adults, I mean the matured ladies lament, snivels & beg for mercies when been fuck3d, come to talk of a girl child of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 & even 20years, please I am not trying to disrespect the Muslims or Islam as a religion but its practitioners needs to zip up their trousers.

Look at that lovely Princess below, is she not beautiful? now tell me, why will any grown man want to besmirch her on the ground that his religion permit or allows it, this is gross abuse against the Nigerian girl child & on this squabbled ground. I, Omen100 hereby propose a death sentence for any religious, opinion & traditional leaders who whack any Nigerian Girl Child

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Patience Jonathan Not Fighting For The Future Of The Girl Child? by adino(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Omen100:

I am telling you, it is so annoying & pathetic. sometimes, even the big & adults, I mean the matured ladies lament, snivels & beg for mercies when been fuck3d, come to talk of a girl child of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 & even 20years, please I am not trying to disrespect the Muslims or Islam as a religion but its practitioners needs to zip up their trousers.

Look at that lovely Princess below, is she not beautiful? now tell me, why will any grown man want to besmirch her on the ground that his religion permit or allows it, this is gross abuse against the Nigerian girl child & on this squabbled ground. I, Omen100 hereby propose a death sentence for any religious, opinion & traditional leaders who whack any Nigerian Girl Child

Nigerian muslims are hypocrites, after wearing bedsheet and duvet during the day they will go and devour 8,9,10-12 year old at night. Some of the perverts are already developing hard-ons viewing this little princess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of President Jonathan Watching The U20 Women's Football World Cup Final / Jonathan Lagos Rally / "Buhari Has One Bar Left To Live".- Comedian Gordons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.