Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279714 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bolaji3071(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
UjSizzle:

The OS isn't the problem, perhaps your sd card is?

Is the sd card visible on your pc?
Is the phone visible on your pc?
yes it is.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
milvet:
d transfer was completed dear I kinda opened it but didnt no wen I mistakenly hit d exit button..so re u tryin to say it actually didn't enter?

Really, I don't think "apps" are transferrable between windows phones as it is on android except of course such app is first packaged in "zip" or "rar" file before it's sent. Even then you will need some sort of authentication (meaning you have you have to be online) to get such installed on the receiving windows phone device.

I'm very sure videos and audios, as well as book formats are transferrable with ease between windows phones.

However if you need some impressive manoeuvrability on your windows phone as regards file managing, then download "aerize file explorer" and set sail.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
bolaji3071:
Yes my phone and sd card always appear, but the prob is that whenever i copy whatever i want from the sd card to paste it on my system, it wont paste.
What's the error message you get?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
I got a "critical update" notice this afternoon on my phone (lumia 730) today. The problem is it can only by downloaded via WIFI how can I go round that?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Kanmiboy:
I just got Microsoft 535 n I must confess am loving the fone.got sky media player installed on it n wit dat I cud download any video watsoeva on you tube . But my problem now is how do I share any of this file to other fone.have tried Bluetooth.xender etc.but option for share is not there....mature pple pls
I'll say you should download wifi file sharer I think it is the best file sharing app so far
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 6:15am On Aug 27, 2015
rapthugx:
I got a "critical update" notice this afternoon on my phone (lumia 730) today. The problem is it can only by downloaded via WIFI how can I go round that?

Connect your phone to another phone with hotspot capability.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
rapthugx:

Or you can even remove your SIM card with the subscription and insert it on another windows phone or android phone and switch of the internet sharing on the device. Connect your windows phone to it and update. You don't necessarily need your SIM card to do the update since it is a WiFi only update.

Alternatively, if you use globacom data, you only need to find another glo user whose phone has internet sharing capability. Then go ahead and share you subscribed data to his number and connect your phone via WiFi to update. You can always remove "sharing" with the number as soon as you are done.

Also note that for the restriction to WiFi to occur, it implies the file for that critical update is likely more than 200mb. Usually those updates in the order of 150mb and below are allowed to be downloaded via cellular data.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Emu4u2c: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hey guys...i just got Lumia 521...did a recharge of 2gb on etisalat...d problem is my 3g network is not working....only d 2g...and d 2g is crab... Can't. Work. Wit d slow network....i nid help.....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2015
does anybody knws where to fix a nokialumia 535 screen. i m in benin city
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
jmaine:
More
all this update abwt d os is nt ma issue ma problem is dt ur jocker background pics...lol pls kindly hlp me upload d pix
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Windows,the best OS ever,long live MICROSOFT.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Fieryblaze: 12:41am On Aug 29, 2015
please i need more info on the Windows 10 update!!! And how do I update my Lumia 630 to Windows 10 if thats possible tho
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:55am On Aug 29, 2015
arazanbal:
does anybody knws where to fix a nokialumia 535 screen. i m in benin city

If you have SLOT outlet or any Nokia office close to you, it will do. And actually Lumia 535 screen replacement is free due to a noted factory defect of Lumia 535 screens dispatched by MSFT. So respect the replacement to be done for free.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:01am On Aug 29, 2015
Emu4u2c:
Hey guys...i just got Lumia 521...did a recharge of 2gb on etisalat...d problem is my 3g network is not working....only d 2g...and d 2g is crab... Can't. Work. Wit d slow network....i nid help.....

Have you tried heading to SETTINGS>CELLULAR+SIM on your device? There you will see the option to select 2G or 3G on your device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2015
How do I fix a 520 which usually downloads update BUT cannot install updates? I have tried resetting the phone and problem still persists.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2015
bolaji3071:
Yes my phone and sd card always appear, but the prob is that whenever i copy whatever i want from the sd card to paste it on my system, it wont paste.
no offense, but you should stick with android. That phone is giving you too much trouble
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2015
bolaji3071:
orimion:
no offense, but you should stick with android. That phone is giving you too much trouble
It should be a normal operation.
his sdcard is faulty i guess
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
DJEhimond:
How do I fix a 520 which usually downloads update BUT cannot install updates? I have tried resetting the phone and problem still persists.
give a screenshot of the error code
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by JohnQueen(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2015
Hi guys. My lumia 720 fell and is no longer responding to touch in some parts,but the screen is intact. Please how much will it cost to fix?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cation(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Pls guys where can i swap my lumia 520 for microsoft lumia 540 in lagos?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
okk tnx.i gues i hav to check it out
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Cation:
Pls guys where can i swap my lumia 520 for microsoft lumia 540 in lagos?
I don't think its possible
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 12:23am On Aug 31, 2015
JohnQueen:
Hi guys. My lumia 720 fell and is no longer responding to touch in some parts,but the screen is intact. Please how much will it cost to fix?
unscrew your phone detach the connector that connect the digitizer to the board blow it and reattach it and your phone is good to go

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2015
jmaine:
Some screen shotz

please what build are u currently on, I just loaded the 101662 build on my lumia 1520 , its smooth mostly, but it does not have "Office Mobile", which is crazy to me, Is yours like that too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by JohnQueen(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2015
unscrew your phone detach the connector that connect the digitizer to the board blow it and reattach it and your phone is good to go

Will do. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ladysandie(f): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pls how can I download the IMO APPS on my Lumia 535??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Emu4u2c: 8:34am On Sep 03, 2015
ceaser:

Have you tried heading to SETTINGS>CELLULAR+SIM on your device? There you will see the option to select 2G or 3G on your device.
yes I tried dat but it's Still on 2g default.....am using etisalat
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2015
ladysandie:
Pls how can I download the IMO APPS on my Lumia 535??
go to store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
Have just bought Lumia 540 up to 3 days now everything works perfectly but I found out that the phone gets heated at the top anytime am using it so finding it difficult to place it near my ear during calls. What can cause it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
oyewolestephen:
Have just bought Lumia 540 up to 3 days now everything works perfectly but I found out that the phone gets heated at the top anytime am using it so finding it difficult to place it near my ear during calls. What can cause it

It is the software chip inside the phones that gets heated up. This is not peculiar to windows phones but occurs in all smartphones. This usually happens when the phone is on 3g or 4g network. Or when you are playing games on the device or doing some other heavy tasks on the phone. The full capacity of the chips get used and then they produce heat that may be much at times ro preclude placing it directly against your ears. I have had two different occasions with my L920 getting so heated up that the phone switched off itself and when it restarted almost immediately, notified me that "the phone switched itself off because it got too hot". I think it's a problem we can't totally avoid in smartphones for now.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
ceaser:

It is the software chip inside the phones that gets heated up. This is not peculiar to windows phones but occurs in all smartphones. This usually happens when the phone is on 3g or 4g network. Or when you are playing games on the device or doing some other heavy tasks on the phone. The full capacity of the chips get used and then they produce heat that may be much at times ro preclude placing it directly against your ears. I have had two different occasions with my L920 getting so heated up that the phone switched off itself and when it restarted almost immediately, notified me that "the phone switched itself off because it got too hot". I think it's a problem we can't totally avoid in smartphones for now.
I am totally impressed with your explanation.thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2015
abduldope:
all this update abwt d os is nt ma issue ma problem is dt ur jocker background pics...lol pls kindly hlp me upload d pix

Sorry for the delay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.