Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (280350 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2015
dabosuker:

please what build are u currently on, I just loaded the 101662 build on my lumia 1520 , its smooth mostly, but it does not have "Office Mobile", which is crazy to me, Is yours like that too

Yes, It's the same.

Wonder why am just noticing that now embarassed
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
jmaine:

Sorry for the delay
tnx man

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
jmaine:

Yes, It's the same.

Wonder why am just noticing that now embarassed

i have updated to 10512, it has office , but mobile hotspot not working
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
please i need a call recorder for my Lumia 540. is there any?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
dabosuker:

please what build are u currently on, I just loaded the 101662 build on my lumia 1520 , its smooth mostly, but it does not have "Office Mobile", which is crazy to me, Is yours like that too

Pfrrr. Smooth? You're lucky to have a smooth running of WP10 preview on your device. I decided to enrol into the preview for the first time 24hrs ago using a spare L520 that had all along been doing fine on Lumia Demin. I chose the "slow ring". Downloaded a file as large as 950 mb and got it installed. Installation went well but to cut a long story short, every meaningful apps you can think about crashes. Music, OneDrive, facebook, calculator mail, store (can't sign into store or install apps cos it crashes out), CNN, Cortana, games, maps, MSFT edge, camera (green screen and crashes out), heck even some "settings" crash out once I try to launch "em. The only thing usable is the dial pad, even searching for contacts from "people" crash out - can you believe that?

Woulda rushed back to Denim but I'm just too tired or fed up to read thru the steps or even go thru the rigours of downgrading. More so the Airtel sim card inside it just got barred for "incomplete registration" this morning (been using this line since Econet wireless days for goodness sake and I had the ISSN transferred to a micro sim for use in the Lumia just a fortnight ago).

Windows 10 and Airtel just spoil today for me jare.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
ceaser:

Pfrrr. Smooth? You're lucky to have a smooth running of WP10 preview on your device. I decided to enrol into the preview for the first time 24hrs ago using a spare L520 that had all along been doing fine on Lumia Demin. I chose the "slow ring". Downloaded a file as large as 950 mb and got it installed. Installation went well but to cut a long story short, every meaningful apps you can think about crashes. Music, OneDrive, facebook, calculator mail, store (can't sign into store or install apps cos it crashes out), CNN, Cortana, games, maps, MSFT edge, camera (green screen and crashes out), heck even some "settings" crash out once I try to launch "em. The only thing usable is the dial pad, even searching for contacts from "people" crash out - can you believe that?

Woulda rushed back to Denim but I'm just too tired or fed up to read thru the steps or even go thru the rigours of downgrading. More so the Airtel sim card inside it just got barred for "incomplete registration" this morning (been using this line since Econet wireless days for goodness sake and I had the ISSN transferred to a micro sim for use in the Lumia just a fortnight ago).

Sorry bro!
What is the ram size of the phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
ceaser:

My situation has improved , from build 10616, i have upgraded to 10512 , am using a Lumia 1520, and i chose fast ring , cos i actually have a spare phone where my main sim is . after the ugrade...wow...build 10512 is not the ultimate , but its really cool, every system application is available including office , and no much crashes, its more smooth than 10616, but the little ish tongue is that Wifi did not work , can u imagine ?..lol...but then i did a hard reset (which i hated , to do since it wiped out every setting & app), but it fixed the problem, infact i recommend a hard reset after every build upgrade, because it makes the Os more fluid . But its a general issue that in this latest build 10512, mobile hotspot is unavailable or not working , quiet hours also not functioning. those are the only major issues with build 10512. Overall i think Windows mobile 10 is just too good to be true , the experience is mind blowing , its like am using a whole new phone, the OS has greatly been improved, its almost like i have a PC in my pocket
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 3:11am On Sep 06, 2015
pls who have openvpn.xap
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:00am On Sep 06, 2015
dabosuker:

My situation has improved , from build 10616, i have upgraded to 10512 , am using a Lumia 1520, and i chose fast ring , cos i actually have a spare phone where my main sim is . after the ugrade...wow...build 10512 is not the ultimate , but its really cool, every system application is available including office , and no much crashes, its more smooth than 10616, but the little ish tongue is that Wifi did not work , can u imagine ?..lol...but then i did a hard reset (which i hated , to do since it wiped out every setting & app), but it fixed the problem, infact i recommend a hard reset after every build upgrade, because it makes the Os more fluid . But its a general issue that in this latest build 10512, mobile hotspot is unavailable or not working , quiet hours also not functioning. those are the only major issues with build 10512. Overall i think Windows mobile 10 is just too good to be true , the experience is mind blowing , its like am using a whole new phone, the OS has greatly been improved, its almost like i have a PC in my pocket

I envy you really. I have a main L920 for daily work but I would never use that for trial. I did use it for Windows Lumia and Denim PFD and it worked fine then, but I ain't optimistic on using it for WP10 hence the L520. I guess I had the version 10616 because I chose slow ring. But your mention of a hard reset after every upgrade just gave me an idea. Maybe I should try that on the L520 for a thorough clean out. May just address the crashing issues.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2015
DankemzI:

Sorry bro!
What is the ram size of the phone

grin. Thanks s'much for the sympathy cheesy L520 is a "blaady" 512mb ram device but with 8gig of internal memory. Now MSFT has clarified that WP10 limitation is not tied to the RAM but to the internal hard memory. This implies that while all 512 ram devices are expected to do fine on WP10, those devices with 4 gig hard memory irrespective of RAM may experience difficulties.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Balley(f): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
Guys plz wat data package are u using on ur Lumia phone? Affordable one plz. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
Balley:
Guys plz wat data package are u using on ur Lumia phone? Affordable one plz. Thanks

Using Airtel 1GB Data @ 1k naira for 30 days. It's an Android bundle. So T&C apply
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
diamond bank app for windows phone is now in the store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yeah,saw dat yestaday
trishguy:
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by uptimum123(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
i installed the window10 preview on my lumia 535 and i must say its a well done job by microsoft,though there are still some technical issues with it,some apps are not working perfectly,battery level is low...well its a preview anyway,i have tried moving back to 8.1 due to the issues but i discoverd i will have to waste 1.66Gb of my data to pot back so instead i had to reset my phone for it to work normal though not working like the 8.1,guess am stuck with it till the final release which rumours has it that it will be out by the end of this month,window 10 is gonna be da bomb.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hy guys any help on aow to fix my 535 screen ,wer nd aow much
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
RealAdewole:
pls who have openvpn.xap

What do you need the open vpn for? MTN bis??

Just asking oo, not that i have it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
WSJ77:

What do you need the open vpn for? MTN bis??
Just asking oo, not that i have it.
is mtn BIS working for windowsphone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 10:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
RealAdewole:

I have not tried it o, has any body tried??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 6:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Balley:
Airtel BIS plan, 3GB for #1,500
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2015
trishguy:
Yeah and it looks great cheesy

Uptimum123, you guys are very daring. I don't think I'll ever be able to "test" something new which could be unstable on an active device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mynd44: 6:42am On Sep 08, 2015
UjSizzle:

As long as you don't download anything on it cos that's when they go crazy and charge double
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2015
RealAdewole:

dabosuker:

I have not tried it o, has any body tried??

I don't think so, thought you were using it when you asked for open vpn.

What plan do you guys use for downloading on WP?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Balley:

I have 2k5 for 4.5 gig/month glo data on my main Lumia device. Had it shared to two other glo lines one on a second Lumia and another on a portable WiFi router for situations when 3g signal is weak for the Lumias as they have trouble locking onto 3g.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:38am On Sep 08, 2015
mayordadon:
Hy guys any help on aow to fix my 535 screen ,wer nd aow much

You can head back to where you purchased the device. The first screen change on the Lumia 535 is for free as MSFT has acknowledged a factory defect on the screen that came packaged with most batches of the L535.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Mynd44:

As long as you don't download anything on it cos that's when they go crazy and charge double

If that is the case then I see no serious advantage with using the BIS on the Lumia device. You are not likely to exhaust 3gig on a Lumia device within a month (it is significantly less data consuming than an android device) with usual day to day surfing and periodic refresh of your installed apps.

You should check you "data sense" app to verify your data usage. You'll likely find out that you don't use up to the 3 gig allocated to you. The only reason to want to use BIS on a non blackberry device will be the advantage of unlimited downloads as you would on a blackberry device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mynd44: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2015
ceaser:

If that is the case then I see no serious advantage with using the BIS on the Lumia device. You are not likely to exhaust 3gig on a Lumia device within a month (it is significantly less data consuming than an android device) with usual day to day surfing and periodic refresh of your installed apps.

You should check you "data sense" app to verify your data usage. You'll likely find out that you don't use up to the 3 gig allocated to you. The only reason to want to use BIS on a non blackberry device will be the advantage of unlimited downloads as you would on a blackberry device.
I finish 3gig in less than 3 weeks bruh...

Airtel charges 2kb for every 1kb used in the afternoon and 1.5 for 1kb at night.

Data shaving on Airtel is crazy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2015
ceaser:

You can head back to where you purchased the device. The first screen change on the Lumia 535 is for free as MSFT has acknowledged a factory defect on the screen that came packaged with most batches of the L535.
fankz boss.i du dat nw.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Mynd44:

They always charge double!
Downloads or not.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by uptimum123(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Mynd44:

Airtel sub?..lol i will rather not go there anymore,their service is nothing to right home about
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Balley(f): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
UjSizzle:

. Ujsizzle thanks, but are u sure, if yes, is dere configuration involve?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Balley:
. Ujsizzle thanks, but are u sure, if yes, is dere configuration involve?
Yes I'm sure. I use it undecided

*440*16# and you're good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (158) (Reply)

Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.