Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (280535 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
UjSizzle:

L930 grin

New devices will be announced next week from MS. I know there'll likely be a 940 on that list-- would like to know what else to expect.

Feraz how are you? smiley
shocked shocked

For real? This is exactly the phone I am planning to buy but money never dey. cry *whispers* nne, how much you buy am? Biko, nyem the pros and cons.

As for the questions you asked - if you paid for an app previously, you do not need to pay again as long as it is the same account you are using.

My money never reach 940 grin

I'm fine oh. . . You?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
really love my lumia ...best startscreen ever

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
trishguy:
really love my lumia ...best startscreen ever

Nice thaNg! Here's mine ...
BTW, what's the name of that lockscreen app?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
fijiano202:
not sure the guy knows what GPS means....with those crazy maps and Here app...u have it all
Stop hyping Here maps jare.
It isn't even near as good as google maps.

The offline thing is the only saving grace.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
fijiano202:
not sure the guy knows what GPS means....with those crazy maps and Here app...u have it all
double post..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
UjSizzle:

L930 grin

New devices will be announced next week from MS. I know there'll likely be a 940 on that list-- would like to know what else to expect.

Feraz how are you? smiley
Lumia 950 & 950xl is said to be next.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Elxandre:

Lumia 950 & 950xl is said to be next.
950xl? Hah! So we're looking at a 6in phone again undecided
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
UjSizzle:

nope its 5.something inches
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2015
DJEhimond:

wtf dats a fucking lot of apps ... D app is lockie
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2015
UjSizzle:
5.7" actually cool
6" phones should be manageable for women, since you always carry handbags.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fijiano202(m): 10:32am On Oct 01, 2015
DJEhimond:

chaii ,wetin be this ,are you selling apps
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
fijiano202:

trishguy:
wtf dats a fucking lot of apps ... D app is lockie
fijiano202:

I download apps on sight lol
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
my L520

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
RealAdewole:
my L520
Are you using 2 devices?
I love the first picture smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
ceaser:

The device is okay. Camera not bad for a low range device. The camera pictures are dope under good ambient lighting, however picture with the dual led is not comparable to L920's image quality.
Can support up to 128gig. Currently operate the L540 with 32 gig SD card.
Screen larger than my L920, so that's a plus for it.
No hardware camera button, which is a thumbs down but of course it's expected in a low budget.
No capacitive hardware touch keys. This depends on individual preferences. Some prefer the on screen buttons cos the problem of accidental button press that occurs with the L920 when playing games or watching your favourite you tube movie ain't there. Others do like like the idea of hardware keys cos it doesn't give a premium feel of the device.
Speaker sound is okay. Not bad for a mobile phone. Music thru earphones is very okay and there are options for equalizer settings unlike in the L520 where it is absent.
There is an FFC which also produces good selfie pictures.
Usual good performance with windows 8.1 as it is on other high end Lumias.
No screen touch issues that characterise the predecessor L535.

By and large, it's an okay phone for 30k, 31k (with free power bank) in some outlets
I own this phone it is really cool but the problem I have with it is that anytime am browsing on the phone it gets very hot in the front speaker is your own like that?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by queenet246(f): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2015
Please how do I turn on data on lumia 535 dual Sim
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2015
queenet246:
wtf i dont believe this
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2015
queenet246:
If I get u right: Settings> mobile+SIM u should get what u want.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by queenet246(f): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2015
rapthugx:
If I get u right: Settings> mobile+SIM u should get what u want.

My dear have done that severally and tried browsing still nothing. Wanted to know if there's any other way. Maybe I am not doing it well.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
queenet246:

My dear have done that severally and tried browsing still nothing. Wanted to know if there's any other way. Maybe I am not doing it well.
If you do it, do you see the H or E sign (as the case maybe) indicating that the DATA is enabled on the sim, if not contact ur network provider had same issue few months ago on same type of phone.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2015
I just acquired the new lumia 540. How do I connect to the internet? Do i need to connect through wifi always?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
oyewolestephen:
I own this phone it is really cool but the problem I have with it is that anytime am browsing on the phone it gets very hot in the front speaker is your own like that?

Most smartphones these days heat up. It's the processor working on such devices. The heat gets noticeably increased when the processor throttles up in situations as playing ram hogging games, browsing for long on 3.5G/4G and some other background apps. It's no reason to panic, really. And usually a protective mechanism is in place in the device to switch off automatically and restart if the heat gets too much. This is not always the case and I have only experienced that once on L920.

By the way I don't normally experience that heating stuff on the L540 probably cos it has a phone cover. But on the L920, it's a regular thing maybe because it's my daily driver and it has no protective cover.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
queenet246:

Your Lumia 535 is dual sim variant of Lumia. You first need to set the SIM you want to use for data connection - SIM 1 or SIM 2. This is done in your SETTINGS. Afterwards you need to enter the gprs settings of the selected sim. Switch on your data and you should get to browse.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
neyosea25:
I just acquired the new lumia 540. How do I connect to the internet? Do i need to connect through wifi always?

You don't have yo always connect to WiFi. Your device is also dual sim. So you can follow the steps above to solve the issue.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
Elxandre:

Stop hyping Here maps jare.
It isn't even near as good as google maps.

The offline thing is the only saving grace.

It appears you don't know how many companies and applications make use of Nokia HERE map solutions. Nokia may not be in the hardware business again but that company still exist strongly and has investments in several other networking solutions including but not limited to HERE maps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
ceaser:

It appears you don't know how many companies and applications make use of Nokia HERE map solutions. Nokia may not be in the hardware business again but that company still exist strongly and has investments in several other networking solutions including but not limited to HERE maps.
You don't get it.

Here maps is not detailed enough.
Several towns in Nigeria are missing.

Google maps has even the smallest village detailed.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by queenet246(f): 3:01am On Oct 04, 2015
ceaser:

Your Lumia 535 is dual sim variant of Lumia. You first need to set the SIM you want to use for data connection - SIM 1 or SIM 2. This is done in your SETTINGS. Afterwards you need to enter the gprs settings of the selected sim. Switch on your data and you should get to browse.

It's not mine actually. But will try this for the owner on Monday. Tnx
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by queenet246(f): 3:03am On Oct 04, 2015
rapthugx:
If you do it, do you see the H or E sign (as the case maybe) indicating that the DATA is enabled on the sim, if not contact ur network provider had same issue few months ago on same type of phone.

It's not showing any sign of E or H. Was just using WiFi since it didn't work. I even tire fr d phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2015
queenet246:

It's not showing any sign of E or H. Was just using WiFi since it didn't work. I even tire fr d phone
If you do what ceaser said and It still doesnt show the E or H, it then means dat data is is switched off on the SIM to confirm put the sim in another phone if it is d samething, then contact ur service provider. For mtn send DATA ON to 131.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
Aite it's October. When should we expect Win10 on our devices? angry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
UjSizzle:
Aite it's October. When should we expect Win10 on our devices? angry
middle November but u can download preview builds before then
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by uptimum123(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
middle November but u can download preview builds before then

I will advice not to

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.