Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (280251 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by apcpdpallscam(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

What kind of file?
video n music
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
neyosea25:
I need the best apps for downloading videos(both foreign and local), editing pictures and sharing apps and files to other phones. Thanks for the responses I received earlier.
Editing pictures:

Picsart
Camera 360
Fantasia Painter
Adobe PhotoShop Express
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sambina: 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
UjSizzle:
Lumia what?
lumia 535. using d airtel unlimited sub
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2015
sambina:
sambina:
sambina:
unlimited sub guy share how
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2015
please how do i use this windows insider app to upgrade to wp10 builds...anytime i try it...my phone restarts and nothing happens...most times i use my phone data sha...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 13, 2015
honorbule:
please how do i use this windows insider app to upgrade to wp10 builds...anytime i try it...my phone restarts and nothing happens...most times i use my phone data sha...
download windows insider the register,click on Fast ring,it will bring window 10 mobile preview,click yes...ur phone will restart...after that go to phone updates in settings and search for updatess,the update is around 500mb
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2015
I upgrade from my lumia 820 after 19months to the lumia 930 cos it remains the flagship and to be honest, the phone is a real SuperB phone.
Fast & best camera, perfect display, nice battery life, perfect desgin, the hey cortana thing, motion sensor, fast processor & ram.

But i get to know that it does not support the glance screen like some lumia device which i really love to have on my phone.

pls can someone help me with a way or any by-cut to get the glance screen on my phone cos I'm madly in need of it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highziq:
I upgrade from my lumia 820 after 19months to the lumia 930 cos it remains the flagship and to be honest, the phone is a real SuperB phone.
Fast & best camera, perfect display, nice battery life, perfect desgin, the hey cortana thing, motion sensor, fast processor & ram.

But i get to know that it does not support the glance screen like some lumia device which i really love to have on my phone.

pls can someone help me with a way or any by-cut to get the glance screen on my phone cos I'm madly in need of it.

You can't get around that hun. It annoys me too, but hey you can't have everything.

I hope Win10 enables that feature though.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
video n music
Use your Bluetooth.
Use your USB and move the selected files via PC.
Download Xender.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
sambina:
Your case is odd.
When you say you can't view pictures on whatsapp, are you implying that received media images don't download on your phone, or that you don't even receive them in the first place?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by xwebyna(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pls Help me win this gsmarena giveaway by following this link https://wn.nr/zBGZw and complete at least one action. ThanKs and God Bless
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oafowowe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
BA II Plus Texas Instrument Calculator available for CIS and CFA candidates.
Call Deji on 08183993936 for your request.

1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
sambina:

Three weeks ago, I subscribed to airtel 2gig for 2k. I deliberately monitored the data usage on my WiFi router cos of the news I hear about airtel cheating subscribers on data usage. At the end of 10 days, data was exhausted. I added the cumulative data usage and it was less than 1gig (download+upload).

So I though, maybe data share (like mtn does) will be better. I bought airtel 1gig for 1k2 five days ago and today, it is exhausted. Cumulative according to the router is less than 500mb usage.

Don't mention MTN cos we are sworn enemies and I have NEVER used that network till now. Besides, there is no MTN 3G where I am, just 2G.

Why did I resort to airtel option? I normally do Glo 4.5gig for 2k5 which may last me 10 weeks with moderate usage on my phone. Sadly for 3 weeks now, Glo call and data services have been pathetic such that I have 2.5 gig of Glo data lying fallow and unusable.

Could you be kind enough to let me in on this airtel data option you use? I assume it is not a tweak.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highziq:

The availability of glance feature is usually tied to the Screen type of the phone. LCD displays are not perfect for glance feature cos of the burnout effect plus the fact that the pixels use more power and drains the battery. In OLEDs or LEDs however, black pixels are true blacks that are not lighted up when black. Only the bright pixels on OLED are actually consuming power at any point in time, hence it is perfect for glance feature.

Having said all, it is not an absolute impossibility to have glance on LCD, but Nokia knows best the reason it chose not to have it enabled for the L920. I have the glance feature functioning perfectly on my L920.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
ceaser:

The availability of glance feature is usually tied to the Screen type of the phone. LCD displays are not perfect for glance feature cos of the burnout effect plus the fact that the pixels use more power and drains the battery. In OLEDs or LEDs however, black pixels are true blacks that are not lighted up when black. Only the bright pixels on OLED are actually consuming power at any point in time, hence it is perfect for glance feature.

Having said all, it is not an absolute impossibility to have glance on LCD, but Nokia knows best the reason it chose not to have it enabled for the L920. I have the glance feature functioning perfectly on my L920.
The modest Lumia 532 has glance. It's not even IPS sef. Just a TFT I think.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
ceaser:

Three weeks ago, I subscribed to airtel 2gig for 2k. I deliberately monitored the data usage on my WiFi router cos of the news I hear about airtel cheating subscribers on data usage. At the end of 10 days, data was exhausted. I added the cumulative data usage and it was less than 1gig (download+upload).

So I though, maybe data share (like mtn does) will be better. I bought airtel 1gig for 1k2 five days ago and today, it is exhausted. Cumulative according to the router is less than 500mb usage.

Don't mention MTN cos we are sworn enemies and I have NEVER used that network till now. Besides, there is no MTN 3G where I am, just 2G.

Why did I resort to airtel option? I normally do Glo 4.5gig for 2k5 which may last me 10 weeks with moderate usage on my phone. Sadly for 3 weeks now, Glo call and data services have been pathetic such that I have 2.5 gig of Glo data lying fallow and unusable.

Could you be kind enough to let me in on this airtel data option you use? I assume it is not a tweak.
No kidding? shocked My bro just complained about the same thing. His Airtel data plan 3gb @ #1,500 got exhausted in two weeks and he hasn't been downloading like he used to.

This is insane. MTN's case is something else, I can't even shout.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sambina: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
UjSizzle:

Your case is odd.
When you say you can't view pictures on whatsapp, are you implying that received media images don't download on your phone, or that you don't even receive them in the first plac
e?

can receive but can't download ,can't also send
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
UjSizzle:

No kidding? shocked My bro just complained about the same thing. His Airtel data plan 3gb @ #1,500 got exhausted in two weeks and he hasn't been downloading like he used to.

bros Mtn is the best when it comes to managing data .try the Mtn 4.5gb .and make sure you switch off all apps you are not using.trust me . And it is always to surf the web at night.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 12:13am On Oct 14, 2015
kallmemrB:
download windows insider the register,click on Fast ring,it will bring window 10 mobile preview,click yes...ur phone will restart...after that go to phone updates in settings and search for updatess,the update is around 500mb

i choose the slow ring oh...it just restarts and noting happens again
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2015
honorbule:

i choose the slow ring oh...it just restarts and noting happens again
go to ur phone update a d search for updates.....it wont fo anything if u dont search
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2015
sambina:
are u sure its lumia 535 cos i use 535 also and i have no prob
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2015
onatisi:
bros Mtn is the best when it comes to managing data .try the Mtn 4.5gb .and make sure you switch off all apps you are not using.trust me . And it is always to surf the web at night.
Last time I tried the 4.5gb for my modem they took my money, refused to credit me with the data and still refused to fix it when I complained. I'm done with them.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2015
sambina:
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps again.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2015
ceaser:

Bro seems like etisalat is d best browsing network. I always use etisalat 2GB @ 2k for my 535...i do watch some youtube & instagram videos,download few movies episode on O2TVseries,play my online spell it(scrabble) with it,and will still remain few mbs after d 30 days. Definitely glo is d worst of dem all...i use it on my 2nd sim,dislike dem wit passion.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2015
UjSizzle:

I use mtn 1gb for roughly two weeks, there's no option of even running to another network sef because glo is pathetic while airtel and etisalat are clowns angry
The best option might just be mtn 4.5gb
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
sambina:
I know what you are saying.
That plan rarely allows downloads and uploads on WhatsApp. It works some few times.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Guys please help me out!!! My lumia 920 wifi and bluetooth are not working plus i cant use 3g the phone show just e even after changing it to 3g or 4g it stays on e have tried mtn and glo all d same.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by aribitoye(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
When I forward a message with attachment from my email client, the receipents complain that they don't get to see the attachment. How do I get around this problem?
I use a Lumia 630 dual sim.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2015
now Microsoft has finally done it......telling us to revert back to 8.1 before upgrading to the latest build is pure crap. i will rather stick with 10.0.10536

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2015
aribitoye:
When I forward a message with attachment from my email client, the receipents complain that they don't get to see the attachment. How do I get around this problem?
I use a Lumia 630 dual sim.
which format is the file
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by aribitoye(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2015
kallmemrB:
which format is the file
PDF...i don't think the format is the issue.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2015
kallmemrB:
now Microsoft has finally done it......tellibg us to revert back to 8.1 before upffradeing to the latest build is pure crap. i will rather stick with 10.0.10536
Geez is it difficult to just downgrade back again so you can get the official update?
What's the big deal? I'm confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (158) (Reply)

Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.