Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,088 members, 7,835,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun (13064 Views)

Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari / 'boko Haram Didn't Kill 150 In Yobe' - Army Releases Statement / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by HoLEEsinner: 10:54am On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by TonySpike: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2013
Afam4eva: These days i don't know whom to believe. Everybody seems right and wrong. Everyone is a politician. I read Gani Adam's interview and i somewhat agreed with him and now that i've read Faseun's response, i also somewhat agree with him.

So, according to Fasheun, Abacha did not kill Kudirat directly or indirectly? If Al-Mustapha was the de-facto military adjutant to Abacha and He didn't order the hit squad, then who did? This is very ridiculously unbelievable...

I believe Ganiyu Adam's side of the story than this Fasheun's cock-and-bull story.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by playahP(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2013
This story isn't credible!!
How many of you googled "how much is a stinger missle"??...... Its about 200 thousand usd or less.
Why are they claiming 40million??

That's the first loophole I picked in the story, then I stopped reading!!
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Afam4eva(m): 11:09am On Jul 21, 2013
Tony Spike:

So, according to Fasheun, Abacha did not kill Kudirat directly or indirectly? If Al-Mustapha was the de-facto military adjutant to Abacha and He didn't order the hit squad, then who did? This is very ridiculously unbelievable...

I believe Ganiyu Adam's side of the story than this Fasheun's cock-and-bull story.
Can you prove that Abacha ordered the killing of kudirat and even if he did, can you prove it was Al Mustapha that he ordered to do it?
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Tingles(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2013
There is some sense and a little confusion in the old man's explanation: Some people with skeletons in their cupboards would want Almustapha taken care of before he starts exposing the truth after gaining his freedom, he was opening a can of worms at the early stages of his trials, so I think it is wise of Dr. Fasheun to stand by him and deliver him to his people but then, what amount of protection can a 78year old civillian give someone of Al Mustapha's calibre?
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by TonySpike: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Can you prove that Abacha ordered the killing of kudirat and even if he did, can you prove it was Al Mustapha that he ordered to do it?

There is nothing to prove here, Afam. We are talking about an assasination that took place more than 14 years ago. That's a long time in Nigeria considering the fact that the witnesses would have been bribed while the case was going on and off. Kudirat's hit, as well as Rewane's, alongside Adesanya's and Rewane's attempted assassinations were all military-styled shootings. This is Nigeria where even dangerous armed-robbers are set free so anything is not impossible!
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2013
Afam4eva: These days i don't know whom to believe. Everybody seems right and wrong. Everyone is a politician. I read Gani Adam's interview and i somewhat agreed with him and now that i've read Faseun's response, i also somewhat agree with him.
BELIEVE NOTHING
ACCEPT INSTEAD THAT TIME WILL REVEAL ALL THINGS
PURSUE & WORRY ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by coogar: 11:58am On Jul 21, 2013
playah P: This story isn't credible!!
How many of you googled "how much is a stinger missle"??...... Its about 200 thousand usd or less.
Why are they claiming 40million??

That's the first loophole I picked in the story, then I stopped reading!!

and you cannot see $200,000 is about N33 million which is quite close to the money quoted? i am sure you scored less than 30 in your o'level math!

faseun did the right thing delivering mustapha back to the north hale and hearty. if he had died in the prison in south west, the northerners would have killed the yorubas in their midst en masse.

it's not faseun's duty to determine who killed kudirat abiola and if the courts can't find al-mustapha guilty of the alleged crime then so be it. it's better to let the guilty walk free than kill an innocent man!
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by OJOAWOSAMUEL(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2013
Dr Fash is one of the best leader of our time. i believe him.he is not among the leaders who fight for their pockets.puting their wife,children.women friend in political post after they ve stolen our money pretendin to be true leader.Am sorry for Yoruba leaders cos Gen.Babangida said if he confess many YORUBA leaders would comit suicide.weldone DR may you live long.OODUA A GBE GBOGBO OMO YORUBA TO BA SOOTO.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by lurvy: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
WHIZBRO: He has eaten 2go bread a.k.a Pipeline Security Contract a.k.a Jona-cake. I keep saying this 'Jonathan will burn down this country, if he could be 'life president' of the ashes'

And in other news, Al-Mustapha did not kill Kudirat, Kabiru Sokoto did... Smh

Game of thrones...
Pisses on Al-Mustapha and Fasehun

Your brain peel..?

Peace!
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Mcweber(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
‎​I think there is something fishy somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by aryzgreat: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Many people, including Yoruba leaders, have questioned your trip to Kano with Al-Mustapha. Why did you go all the way?

I once said they should release Al-Mustapha. If they don't release him, they should take him to Abuja, Jos or Sokoto. They should take him out of Yorubaland. A fifth columnist could have been sent to liquidate that young man and, if he died in our hands, every Yoruba throat in the North would be slashed. All those that failed to leave the North will be killed. Now that God has prevailed on the situation and he did not die in our hands, I took him there to hand him over to the governor and the Galadima of Kano, because the Emir of Kano was not in town. I told them that when Al-Mustapha was leaving Kano, he was in tatters, his hands were in shackles and his legs were in chains. I'm returning him on behalf of the Yoruba people hale and hearty, please look after him. I was not thinking of my own interest, because at 78, I'm not afraid of death. I did it for my people. When we got to Kano, the crowd was not singing any other thing but Oodua, Oodua. It was not Dr. Fasehun, it was Oodua. After I had spoken there, one of their big leaders said, 'Dr. Fasehun, we kept quiet watching what you were doing.' I didn't know what he meant by 'you.' He added, 'but after this journey, we see you as the greatest bridge-builder.' When I was leaving, 45 northern leaders saw me off. So, it dawned on me that what I did was not a child's play. On Monday, the Youruba community in Kano, which is four million-strong, invited me to speak to them. When I explained to them why I was in Kano, the Sheik amongst them said 'sir', we have nothing to give you but we are giving you a chieftaincy title, High Chief Olodo.'

@ d boldened, height of cowardice and a55 licking! So if almustafa die in lagos na yoruba kill am? na yoruba dey prosecute al-mustafa? Y didn't hausa throats got slaughtered when MKO was killed? keep exposing ur self to ur Hausa master. Arrant Nonsense! angry angry angry
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by bankyblue(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
I was angry when I saw the headline, but after reading the body
I couldn't hold it, than to reason alongside the old man.

But the problem here is that those sheep, goat and cow up there
In the north won't reason like this.

Truly if that man had died in southwest, there would ve been a
Big problem in north.
We didn't even kill any of there person, check out how many
Southerner they ve killed, talkless of now hanging al-mustapha.

Unity is what the old man is trying to preach.......but they(northerner) can't
Understand it.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
kakakibuy:

These are 2 valid points I can pick from this interview.

First of all I don't know who killed Kudirat and I hope she found peace in the afterlife. It was most likely a politically motivated assasination. It is the responsibility of the prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. If Mustapha had a hand in the assasinotion and the prosecutors couldn't prove it, then we the people should hold them responsible for conducting a shoddy trial based on circumstancial evidences which has now resulted in the freedom of a 'killer'.

Secondly, with the way Nigeria is set up and the ethinic emotions running high in everybody, If Mustapha had died in Kirikiri, there would have been repraisal killings of Yorubas in the north.

Having said that, this is Nigeria and we all know how dirty the game of Politics is played here. These Politicians don't care about us 'the people'. These politicians don't spare their rivals. The killers of Bola Ige are walking free. The killers of Kudirat are walking free. The conspirators in Abiola's death are free. Even Theophilus Danjuma is a free and celebrated man. That's the way Nigeria is. It's all a game to them. Politics and none of them gives a fvck about us.

Pls note that, no reprisal killings occurred when Kudirat was assassinated and even when Abiola was killed there was nothing like that in the South West. So why should there be reprisal killings in the north each time an aboki dies?
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Because the prosecutors could not make a good case...does that change the actual truth that Al mustapha is responsible for kudirat's killing?
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by omatss: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Do you guys think that this old man is looking for money at his age or what? For God sake he is closer to his grave and he made sense in everything he did. Am not a yoruba or an hausa. Am an igala by tribe and knows how an housa man react. Mr. Fredrick should be applauded for even taken that risk of going to the north in the first place. I stand strongly and condemn mr. Adams side of the story. I advice everyone to just be quiet and look forward to hear revelation behind so many thing from mustapha that every one will be shock. Let stop sentiment since the court has not incriminating evidence against him. And watch out for scene two of the episode of now that is free.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by yuzedo: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
High Chief Olododo.
grin
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
afam I quite love ur lukewarmess, but let's ask ourselves, we know fasehun was in the struggle, where was the loud mouthed carpenter turn entrepreneur overnight? No body is asking where ganiu Adams made his money from... isn't that day same man screaming fasehun did discuss n data? Ask what role he played during the ya'adua election... His link with d north and how many times he has been imprisoned for fighting for the people and democracy? Yet he has the guts to call d name FASEHUN. ... LET'S ALL PIECE THE PUZZLE, YOU'LL SEE GANI ADAMS DOES NOT FIT...
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Niyomi(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
Whatever is secret to man is known to God
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Tintinix: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
aryzgreat:

@ d boldened, height of cowardice and a55 licking! So if almustafa die in lagos na yoruba kill am? na yoruba dey prosecute al-mustafa? Y didn't hausa throats got slaughtered when MKO was killed? keep exposing ur self to ur Hausa master. Arrant Nonsense! angry angry angry

Thank you sir!
In all of this interviwe it was these same sections that just pissed me off... So if He had died in an yorubaland prison, reprisal attack would have resulted in the slithing of the throats of several yorubas
Wait oh is it only the North that has the monopoly of killing people?! Or the whole of Nigeria has just indulged them so much??
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by yommyphresh(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Maxymilliano: The founder of the Oodua People's Congress, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, in this interview with ALLWELL OKPI,explains why he went to Kano with Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha, the former Chief Security Officer of late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha

How can you define your relationship with Hamza Al-Mustapha?

He is a Nigerian, I'm a Nigerian. He is a Nigerian citizen that was wrongly accused and I'm a crusader for justice. I felt that he was a victim of injustice. I thought my attribution and characteristics should come to play by telling the entire world that there was no justice in the treatment he was given for an offence he did not commit.

Many believe that Al-Mustapha masterminded the assassination of several people, including Kudirat Abiola, and some people testified to that in court. How come you say he is innocent?

Is that not the story we were told? Is that not what the media gave to the public? The press didn't write to tell the Nigerian public that one of the same witnesses that said Al-Mustapha gave him the gun with which he killed Kudirat came back to court, crying like a baby and saying he was induced by the state to give the evidence. 'Who is the state?' He mentioned three levels, including the director-general of the State Security Service at the time. 'What were you induced with?' He said they promised that he would be given a house in Abuja; he would be posted outside the country; he would be paid salary in foreign currency, and his wife would be given money every month for sustenance. When the state failed in its part of the bargain, he decided to confess the true version of his involvement. Some of the witnesses, as a result of complying with the wishes of the state, were set free and they were walking the streets freely. They even went back to their jobs. One of them was not even in Lagos in June, 1996. On June 4, when Kudirat was murdered, Katako was getting married in Azare, in Bauchi State. He got married at 10am; Kudirat was killed between 8 and 9am. And the judge of the lower court was told all that and she recorded everything said by those witnesses, and she based her judgment of hanging on those two witnesses. That was prosecution witness numbers two and three. When the judge of the lower court was going to give judgment, she knew that such a crime might earn death sentence, she itemised the evidences but said there were circumstantial evidences.

Circumstantial evidences in murder case? What are these circumstantial evidences, she didn't say. She wrote 326 pages of judgment. What was she looking for writing326 pages of judgment?

According to the Appeal Court, she was fishing for truth, falsehood and lies. The Appeal Court wrote about 32 pages destroying her judgment, with various authorities cited. At the end, the Appeal Court didn't see what circumstances the lower court based its judgment, so it refused the judgment on hard facts and evidences from credible witnesses; not witnesses that gave evidences and came back to retract them.

Don't you think those people would have been induced to retract their earlier testimony?

That is ridiculous. Who will induce them? Al-Mustapha was in prison. Don't forget that he was even accused of planning a coup in prison and some generals even said he was attempting to import stinger missiles into Nigeria. And when they called him to face the panel, he disgraced the entire panel by asking them questions. He asked them how much a stinger missile cost. None of them knew. He told them that the smallest type cost $250m (N40.3bn).

Where will he get that in prison? And in that coup, I was supposed to have been his accomplice. The SSS invited me and queried me. I told them to put their questions in writing and I would respond in writing. They retreated.

How come they linked you with Al-Mustapha in the supposed coup plot, were you that close to him?

I don't know. I've always believed that Al-Mustapha did not commit the offence. So,I would occasionally visit him in Kirikiri. I met Al-Mustapha during the seating of Oputa Panel. I didn't know him before that time. Even at the panel. I didn't know him until when I had given my own evidence andI was going to the toilet and he was sitting near the entrance of the toilet. And when I wanted to enter the toilet, he stood up and said, 'you are Dr. Fasehun?' I said 'and you?' He said 'I'm Al-Mustapha.' I said, 'you Al-Mustapha?' And I didn't say a word to him again. But when that seating ended, he came to me. He said, 'sir, congratulations.' I said, 'what for?' Mind you, I still had that grudge against him. He said because you are one of the few leaders that didn't come to Aso Rock Villa. I said 'thank you.' It was about three months later that I took interestin his case. Then, I started visiting him regularly until he started telling me so many things. I prevailed on him that as a military man, there are some information that he should not give to me. I told him we will be friends, provided he didn't set this country ablaze.

Many people, including Yoruba leaders, have questioned your trip to Kano with Al-Mustapha. Why did you go all the way?

I once said they should release Al-Mustapha. If they don't release him, they should take him to Abuja, Jos or Sokoto. They should take him out of Yorubaland. A fifth columnist could have been sent to liquidate that young man and, if he died in our hands, every Yoruba throat in the North would be slashed. All those that failed to leave the North will be killed. Now that God has prevailed on the situation and he did not die in our hands, I took him there to hand him over to the governor and the Galadima of Kano, because the Emir of Kano was not in town. I told them that when Al-Mustapha was leaving Kano, he was in tatters, his hands were in shackles and his legs were in chains. I'm returning him on behalf of the Yoruba people hale and hearty, please look after him. I was not thinking of my own interest, because at 78, I'm not afraid of death. I did it for my people. When we got to Kano, the crowd was not singing any other thing but Oodua, Oodua. It was not Dr. Fasehun, it was Oodua. After I had spoken there, one of their big leaders said, 'Dr. Fasehun, we kept quiet watching what you were doing.' I didn't know what he meant by 'you.' He added, 'but after this journey, we see you as the greatest bridge-builder.' When I was leaving, 45 northern leaders saw me off. So, it dawned on me that what I did was not a child's play. On Monday, the Youruba community in Kano, which is four million-strong, invited me to speak to them. When I explained to them why I was in Kano, the Sheik amongst them said 'sir', we have nothing to give you but we are giving you a chieftaincy title, High Chief Olododo.'

You said you went Kano on behalf of Yoruba people, but some Afenifere leaders have faulted that trip, saying you were not representing the Yoruba. How do you reconcile this?

I didn't say I was representing the Yoruba and I didn't interact with Afenifere leaders or anybody at all on that issue.

But their grouse is that you openly associated with Al-Mustapha, who represents the Sani Abacha regime that persecuted a lot of Yoruba people.

That is the lingering grudge we all had against Al-Mustapha. He was part of a regime that persecuted Yoruba people. But, should human beings nurse grudges for 20 years?

You have been accused of being sponsored to destabilise the South-West and some have said your trip to Kano further proved that. What's your response to that?

With all modesty, I will be counted as one of those the Yoruba people that are in love with Yoruba people. There is no way I would work against the interest of the Yoruba. Those who are sponsoring damaging comments about me are doing it from their political standpoint, which I've been trying to expose. But unfortunately, I don't have money to sponsor the exposure.
The Yoruba people of current times think money is everything. Many of them don't believe in integrity. They don't even believe in what (Obafemi) Awolowo struggled for.

They are encouraging a one-man dictatorship, smuggling in one-party system into the South-West through the back door.
I've been trying to remove the veil from the eyes of Yoruba people. If I see trends inimical to the interest of Yoruba people, I should be in a position to say 'don't go there, a tiger is lurking behind the door.'

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/al-mustapha-didnt-kill-kudirat-fasehun/
well, dr. Fasheun has spoken. There are two sides to this, he could be saying the truth and he could be pretending to be saying the truth. I'm not against anybody o but this is what the situation of the country has turned people like me into, you just don't know who or what to believe anymore. Nigeria is one place where lies can be presented as the truth and made believeable. On the other hand, truths are made to look like lies but the big question is which overides the other? The former or the latter?
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by bankyblue(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Tintinix:

Thank you sir!
In all of this interviwe it was these same sections that just pissed me off... So if He had died in an yorubaland prison, reprisal attack would have resulted in the slithing of the throats of several yorubas
Wait oh is it only the North that has the monopoly of killing people?! Or the whole of Nigeria has just indulged them so much??

If the thing set now, na u go first run, Talking about monopoly
Of killing. Must u be a cow too? The last civil war was at a result
Of something like this. So pls let's make peace, no matter what
The cause is.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Amondayweh: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
Both of them are lookn 4 hw 2 win d heart of yorubas (gani and fasheun)
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Pukkah: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Faseun is acting alone. He himself said so. He claims to be protecting the interest of Yorubas but he didn't confide or enjoy the support of any Yoruba leader in his trip to Kano. This is suspect.

He neither gave the name of the Sheik that gave him the title nor the name of the 'big leader' that commended him yet he freely provided prices of missiles, Yoruba population in Kano and the exact number of people who saw him off.

The belief that Northerners would have killed Yorubas in the North if Al Mustapha had died in Kirikiri is preposterous and ludicrous. With this, Faseun came off as an alarmist and someone that was labouring to find a way to curiously pander to Northern interest.

In any case, who told Faseun that Mustapha is synonymous with Northern interest? Is Mustapha now in the same league as MKO? Gani Fawehinmi, a bigger name than Mustapha, almost went blind and even contacted a lung infection in Gashua prison. Gani didn't commit any offence but did Northern leaders intervene or hand him over? With his action, is Faseun not propagating the notion of Fulani superiority that should give way to 'equality of all'?

Even if Mustapha didn't kill Kudirat, why is Faseun trying to make a hero out of someone who faithfully and obediently and remorselessly served a murderous and corrupt regime? What has happened to Faseun's morality? Is he trying to hurt some targeted 'Yoruba leaders' so desperately that he has started to injure himself?

It really sounds unsettling for a 78-year old man, acting on behalf of himself although he passed it off as Yoruba interest, to go all the way to Kano just to 'hand over' the well-known hit-man of a corrupt and sleazy regime.

In all of this, something is clearly amiss.

2 Likes

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by 124(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
kingthreat: Ok fine He didn't kill Kudirat. But what did he and Abacha do when Kudirat was assasinated? Did they fight for justice for her being the power at that time? I thought Fasheun began OPC in 1993 after the annulment of June 12 elections. Why the so-called friendship and advocacy with one of the strongest beneficiaries of the coup following the annulment? Where are his principles?

Fasheun's trying to prove right the wrong notion of the Yorubas as being traitors. I'm not being tribalistic, as I am a Yoruba too.
Maybe u should read the the interview again
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by rhames(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
The young man was incarcerated , disgraced and put to shame by the very people he protected while in power.Even the Abiola family was not happy with the first judgment that he should be put to death. They were vehemently against. I am deeply surprised that Yoruba leaders whom most of us hold in high esteem, especially in the legal profession, are disgracefully showing signs of senility on a case like this. In any case, there must be evidence that the accused actually committed a crime before judgement is passed. Congrats to Al Mustapha for regaining his freedom. Why i congratulate him is that he is one of few brilliant minds in the armed forces that left the jail with his life intact. Some. like Bola Ige's family, who was killed for saying his mind were not that lucky to get justice for patriarch's death.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by rabzy: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
Once politics is involved in any matter in Nigeria the truth can never come out or if it does it would have been overwhelmed with so much lies that you can't be sure of what you have.

Bola ige died under obasanjos nose and no one has found guilty afenifere did not go after Obj, fu
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Katsumoto: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
Faseun is a greedy and shameless old man. At 78, what is he going to do with the proceeds of the pipeline contract.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by rabzy: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Almustpha as a military man served his commander, so did all the other military men under abacha plus all the civilians in the agencies. If mustapha did anything against the constitution, then d onus lies on d prosecution to get him with hard evidence, so if the people with vested interest and power to get him could not after 14 yrs, then I might well say they were wrong all along. They should go and look for more evidenceor go find the real person.
Faseun seems not to have any reason to do this, I don't see what he would gain politically or financially from this, so his motives might just be altruistic and maybe he is right in all this.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by Katsumoto: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pukkah: Faseun is acting alone. He himself said so. He claims to be protecting the interest of Yorubas but he didn't confide or enjoy the support of any Yoruba leader in his trip to Kano. This is suspect.

He neither gave the name of the Sheik that gave him the title nor the name of the 'big leader' that commended him yet he freely provided prices of missiles, Yoruba population in Kano and the exact number of people who saw him off.

The belief that Northerners would have killed Yorubas in the North if Al Mustapha had died in Kirikiri is preposterous and ludicrous. With this, Faseun came off as an alarmist and someone that was labouring to find a way to curiously pander to Northern interest.

In any case, who told Faseun that Mustapha is synonymous with Northern interest? Is Mustapha now in the same league as MKO? Gani Fawehinmi, a bigger name than Mustapha, almost went blind and even contacted a lung infection in Gashua prison. Gani didn't commit any offence but did Northern leaders intervene or hand him over? With his action, is Faseun not propagating the notion of Fulani superiority that should give way to 'equality of all'?

Even if Mustapha didn't kill Kudirat, why is Faseun trying to make a hero out of someone who faithfully and obediently and remorselessly served a murderous and corrupt regime? What has happened to Faseun's morality? Is he trying to hurt some targeted 'Yoruba leaders' so desperately that he has started to injure himself?

It really sounds unsettling for a 78-year old man, acting on behalf of himself although he passed it off as Yoruba interest, to go all the way to Kano just to 'hand over' the well-known hit-man of a corrupt and sleazy regime.

In all of this, something is clearly amiss.

Not much more I can add to that; you captured it all.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by dustydee: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
kakakibuy:

These are 2 valid points I can pick from this interview.

First of all I don't know who killed Kudirat and I hope she found peace in the afterlife. It was most likely a politically motivated assasination. It is the responsibility of the prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. If Mustapha had a hand in the assasinotion and the prosecutors couldn't prove it, then we the people should hold them responsible for conducting a shoddy trial based on circumstantial evidences which has now resulted in the freedom of a 'killer'.
Very sensible post. You think with your brains. Well-done, how I wish a lot of Nigerian youths have half the "sense" you have.
Re: Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun by oiseworld: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
So because of reprisal attacks, justice should no longer take its cause.
God help Nigeria ooh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power / No Going Back On Amotekun, Stakeholders Insist / BVAS: APC Confident Tinubu Will Win Presidential Election - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.