Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (16991 Views)

Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp / Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
My pregnant friend and i are arguing right now she says when she gives birth she wants to name her child Jesus Christ so that people won't be able to hurt her child so is it really right or is it blasphemous?
Re: . by 190: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
embarassed embarassed
Re: . by peterphd(m): 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
There's no blasphemy in it.Its just that such names aren't so common here.The Mexicans and Spanish name their kids "Jesus".

6 Likes

Re: . by Mamacita007(f): 12:22am On Jul 24, 2013
you can name ur child Jesus but dont add Christ to his name becos ur baby isnt a savior. Hispanics bear jesus not Jesus Christ

19 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Jesus Christ? Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: . by MEILYN(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
peterphd: There's no blasphemy in it.Its just that such names aren't so common here.The Mexicans and Spanish name their kids "Jesus".
Jesus not Jesus Christ.....
All This people praying in the name of 'jesus', dey have been praying in the name of a man like dem, it is supposed to be in the name of 'Jesus Christ'

4 Likes

Re: . by PastorOluT(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2013
Jesus is ok, but don't add Christ which means anointed one for ur child ain't anointed

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
grin grin grin Nothing wey pesin no go see for this forum cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
You can name your child 'Jesus'. This is the hellenised form of Iosus, another form of Iosua which is from Yeshua (now pronounced Joshua in english)

As for the Christ part, i dont think it's okay as a christian since your child is obviously not the Messiah as in the one who takes away the sins of the world.

6 Likes

Re: . by victorazy(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2013
Nairaland of karikachor gadering.
Which kind yeye thread be this? Is u like name him or her but be ready to loose the child 4days after the dedication.

2 Likes

Re: . by NairaFeast(f): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2013
spongeback: My pregnant girlfriend and i are arguing right now she says when she gives birth she wants to name her child Jesus Christ so that people won't be able to hurt her child so is it really right or is it blasphemous?

People answer 'Jesus' but I have not seen someone with the name 'Jesus Christ'
Re: . by orgasticdance: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Jesus is ok, but don't add Christ which means anointed one for ur child ain't anointed
ok past.T thats sacred, but can i name my unborn twins alpha and omega
Re: . by NEROSKY(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2013
Lemme ask my pastor

I have asked him & he says you can name him for protection, but when he grows, he should test he's fate by going to any nearest barrack & slap an army man...

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2013
In mexico dey bear jesus. But havnt heard of christ but may I ask is ur frnd igbo(don't lie cos 2day is sunday) cos its mostly igbo pple dat like giving deir kids funny names nd notice me names like Egypt nd obama

4 Likes

Re: . by Adrenaline123(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2013
Second Commandment:
Do not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2013
Name your child anything.

A name follows its owner.

Why not Belzebuub?

3 Likes

Re: . by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2013
@OP

I don't think there is anything wrong in this.. Reason:

Jesus is actually a Hebrew name that is originally spelt and pronounced as Yeshua, meaning Deliverer or Rescuer.. Many Hispanics also name their children Jesus pronounces 'ye sue'. So no biggie here.

Now Christ is not a name per se but an adjective that qualifies Jesus. That's why the bible would have passages where Jesus was asked ' are you the Christ'. This is because Christ simply means 'messiah', hence the referring to Jesus as Jesus the Christ.

So if your friend chooses to name her child Jesus Christ, it's not a problem at all. The name wasn't what made Jesus who he was.

11 Likes

Re: . by murphyrichy(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2013
spongeback: My pregnant girlfriend and i are arguing right now she says when she gives birth she wants to name her child Jesus Christ so that people won't be able to hurt her child so is it really right or is it blasphemous?
@ O.P do I hear you say ur pregnant girlfriend. I thought you are female.

1 Like

Re: . by morewealth(m): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2013
Jesus is appropriate as a name for your unborn child. Adding Christ will make it seem as if you are dragging equality with God.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 11, 2013
murphyrichy: @ O.P do I hear you say ur pregnant girlfriend. I thought you are female.
My friend that's a girl is easier called a girlfriend.
Re: . by Adrenaline123(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2013
Ms_Steph: In mexico dey bear jesus. But havnt heard of christ but may I ask is ur frnd igbo(don't lie cos 2day is sunday) cos its mostly igbo pple dat like giving deir kids funny names nd notice me names like Egypt nd obama
na ur tribe dey answer google nd facebook

2 Likes

Re: . by Youngzedd(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2013
Don't dare your creator.
Re: . by Youngzedd(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2013
Name am Nairaland or Facebook.

1 Like

Re: . by Phonon: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2013
Is it right to name your child Lucifer McDevil?There are questions that you don't just ask.You know the right thing,DO IT.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2013
Ms_Steph: In mexico dey bear jesus. But havnt heard of christ but may I ask is ur frnd igbo(don't lie cos 2day is sunday) cos its mostly igbo pple dat like giving deir kids funny names nd notice me names like Egypt nd obama
She isn't Igbo but a converted Muslim, she feels the name will drive away evil spirits.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Jesus is ok, but don't add Christ which means anointed one for ur child ain't anointed
You people bother too much about unimportant things. 'Jesus' or 'Christ', it all has meaning, even if it doesn't... All Join.
@OP- you can name whosoever whatever, I don't care...
Messiah
Saviour
Anointed one
Only one
Even 'God'...
I think 'Almighty God' wld serve for her (ur girlfrnd) purpose better. #justThinking
Re: . by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2013
my pregnant girlfriend ur profile says female, u na les?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2013
cyclops4real: my pregnant girlfriend ur profile says female, u na les?
My friend that is a girl ah ah how can I be lez she is preggy that means something undecided
Re: . by Rexnegro(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2013
Bro remove Christ And just name him Jesus... Shikena
Re: . by DEIFIED(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2013
its totaly wrong to name a child Jesus CHRIST. Cause it is a name above every other name.

3 Likes

Re: . by In2systemsTech(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2013
Jesus: Yes. Don't know about "Christ"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory" / 20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.