Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared (30015 Views)

Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Lyrics Of Molowo Noni By Samklef Ft. Wizkid, D'prince And Iceprince / Need The Lyrics Of "bianule" By Samsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
CFCfan: The comparisons no make sense at all. Both Mars and Davido sing different genres of music.

Pop. Different sounds. Same genre.
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Gobe??
Love song??
Are you serious braw??
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Capnd143(m): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
What am i supposed to type? I hardly understand the theme of this thread! Ok i guess am not typing anything
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
OMO IBO: Gobe??
Love song??
Are you serious braw??

What is the meaning of Gobe? someone please help
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by obailala(m): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Common sense entails that like-for-like songs should be compared.

But in Nigeria where everyone has suddenly become 'professional' critics, meaningless threads like this are created everyday

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by sushieater: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Ozwald: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Well don't blame the naija artists. Their lyrics are just a reflection of their environment.
Naija girls no get time for all these "Roses are red" things. Instead na "How many Rose you don pop"

4 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
ogugua88:

Does language matter? Whether it's in English, pidgin, mandarin, Zulu, or Arabic, there is nothing "lovey dovey" about "your behind is a killa".

Reminds me of Flavour's song and video for Kwarikwa Remix. He was looking a girl in her eyes singing "your front and behindiooo, e dey do me for body o". Tell me that on a date. Na hot slap I go consider as response, and I'm not a slapper.
grin grin grin grin
But your dating advise is noted.
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by blackbeau1(f): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ op,this is unfair. How can you compare songs written by bruno mars who takes original cocaine to that of davido who takes igbo mixed with codeine. Very unfair. Btw, nigerian musicians r not singing to win grammy nor are they singing so that people will feel their lyrics. They just sing because they want to make money.

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by tpia5: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
are wizkid and davido the only musicians in nigeria?

why were their lyrics the only ones quoted?
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by DICKtator: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What is the meaning of Gobe? someone please help
see gobe!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by thompsob(m): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
FYI 9ja ple dont care about the lyrics,all we want is d rthyme,da beat,da groove.olamide songs are mostly yoruba words bt abokis in the north here are all crazy about his songs.ma broda if u want songs with meaniful lyrics in 9ja go get our church choir's album

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by IAMBREEZY: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ok i'm just observing.
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by toprealman: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tonto dike's track-the only song 'without' lyrics. Can you beat that?
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Pimples(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Except for club, party and dance purposes, 90% of nigerian music is trash LYRICALLY

5 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Burger01(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Abeg OP, forget grammy. Na grammy the boiz go chop. Grammy or no grammy these naija musicians swim in millas you could ever imagined. wetin concern me with eyinbo lyrics Naija local lyrics do the magic for me..

Try this Olamide's lyric!!

Intro:

Charle, you fit say I make a fool o
I no send, I no send
Charle you fit say I make a fool o
I no send, I no send
First of all
Introduction, ah Introduction
First of all introduction
Okay, ah edonu

Verse 1:

First of all
introduction,
Na me wey sing Eni Duro and Omo to Shan
In other news
I’m in love with My boo,
and I no dey place another one above
Gbagbe oshi, shey mo jo omo Ghana?
Oni mo dabi eni ti o ti fa gbana
Shey mo jo KK Fosu?
Mofo, gbagbe, abi o nsu?
Na we dey control the whole arena
Either we dey for Nigeria or Ghana
***even if we dey for Yankee, Espano or for Queensland grin
In other news, I’m a bad man
Wey dey intimidate Superman and Batman
When other boys dem they wear one shirt
Different shoes
Not me!
kilo fe f’oshe?
(do I look like Awilo Longomba?
Are you a learner?)

Chorus:

First of all
Go down low, Go down low
First of all
Go down low, Go down low
Ma s’iwa wu
Go down low, go down low
Gbagbe oshi
Go down low, go down low

Verse 2:
In short o le pe mi ni M.I
Oga gan fun e afi bi ti Waje
Ex boyfriend e, left eye
So fun ko ye ranju momi biti Ogbanje
They don’t know from the place we dey come
We dey kill every show like sey we dey with a gun
You don’t know the thing
I go show you the thing
But before I show you
(Go down low)
I say you loving the thing
Wanna touching the thing
Make all them other girls

(Go down low)
Won fe ta catapult
Fun eye to wa lori Twitter
Shey emi wa jo omo ase with a filter
I be like Fally Pupa for your eyes
(Are you a learner?)

Chorus:
First of all
Go down low, Go down low
First of all
Go down low, Go down low
Ma s’iwa wu
Go down low, go down low
Gbagbe oshi
Go down low, go down low

Verse 3:
Okay,
They say I razz, coz I come from the street
But one man poison na another man meat
Charle, let me catch my breathe
Give bad man a break talk about the fresh
I see for your eyes you want the Gucci bag
All the Jimmy Choo, you want to kuku buy
And I no dey sey make you no dey like them but
(Go down low)
Before we go buy them
It’s okay, you wan dey carry your shoulder
I go dey by your side, call me your soldier
Oo gbo Yoruba, Oo tun gbo Hausa
Oo gbo mama sey, oo tun gbo mama kusa
I’m tired man,
This story don dey long
Make we fry am mhen
I’m tired mhen
Oh my Gois!
Am I mad?!

Chorus:
First of all
Go down low, Go down low
First of all
Go down low, Go down low
Ma s’iwa wu
Go down low, go down low
Gbagbe oshi
Go down low, go down low

Outro
Phils, the Mr Producer
Bring the beat back for God’s sake
Thank you sir!
Oya stop! I don tire mhen
I dey play, I dey play, I dey play
Bring am back, I wan enjoy am

Hello baby
It’s Ola baby!
Olamide is here noni
Hehehe
My God

@OP, abeg.. gbagbe oshi

cool

21 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

For real
U no well o, so na wetin u wan type wey make u quote like 5 post...

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
obailala: Common sense entails that like-for-like songs should be compared.

But in Nigeria where everyone has suddenly become 'professional' critics, meaningless threads like this are created everyday

It's joblessness. Add kids who just started listening to music to the equation.

A better comparison would have been a comparison between 2chains or Trinidad James to Davido.
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by joeace2020(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
What is sickening about this thread is the way people quote the op.... embarassed
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by enigmang: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
What do we classify as foreign?? Anything not Nigerian??

You are comparing Nigerian lyrics to the rest of the world and you decided to choose Bruno mars song...

Wait lemme go and get some 'foreign' songs that makes no sense
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Unitedforever(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
OP
Davido o kin shey Bruno Mars o jor oh!

Olamide o kin shey Kanye west oh
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Capnd143: What am i supposed to type? I hardly understand the theme of this thread! Ok i guess am not typing anything
But bros u don type na, oya say something now or else u go chop ban o...

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by RedCard1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Let me compare wide awake by Katy Perry to rain drop by 2face. U will see dat wide awake is more mature...very touching. I realy love d part where Katy Perry says "thunder rumbling, castles crumbling, I am trying to hold on, God knows that I tried seeing the bright side, I'm not blind anymore". I don't know why Katy Perry didn't win the best female pop solo performance @dis year's grammy. When it comes to songs that's about sexx, compare Ice by Kelly Rowland to any of Tiwa Savage's childish sexx song and Ice will win. You can compare Climax by Usher to The way you are by Darey Art Alade.....climax wins. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne sings nothing but sexx but you won't easily understand it's about sexx but Flavour will be sounding so immature. I'm not into Naija songs...dats y me love Trace Urban.

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
I don't like naija songs but i sure love the serious yansh and boobs I see in their video. Gobe all the way.
shymexx: It's joblessness. Add kids who just started listening to music to the equation.

A better comparison would have been a comparison between 2chains or Trinidad James to Davido.

But isn't 2chainz a rapper? I wouldn't consider Davido a rapper.

Call it what you want anyway. There's a difference in quality and versatility between the American mainstream industry and that of Nigeria's. A lyricist can still be popular and an award winner here. I don't know the same to be true back home.
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by enigmang: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
"All Gold Everything"

[Hook:]
Gold all in my chain, my chain, bitch
Gold all in my rang, my rang, bitch
Gold all in my watch, my watch
Don't believe me, just watch
Nigga nigga nigga
Don't believe me just watch, bitch
Nigga nigga nigga
Don't believe me, just watch, bitch
Gold all in my chain
Gold all in my ring
Gold all in my watch

[Verse:]
T Raww I don't Bleep with niggas
My money long, my temper midget
King gold chains I reinvented
This gold shit, you a gold fish nigga
Try me, four kings like free sale nigga
Sippin' out a cup like a toddler, nigga nigga
Who the Bleep want drama, pain,
Back at it like a chiropractor, mane
That that nigga rock a quarter mil in chains
Gat squirt at ya like Stacey Lane
Nigga nigga sunroof ya brain
Came out to drink but you can't even hang
Only came 'cause a nigga got paid
Sleep with them hoes, they gon' Bleep up your name
Pop the Zanny I'm stressin'
Pop the molly I'm flexin'
Dre Beats my beats bang, biker jeans, ball mane
She suck me off till I'm all drained
Kick her out, Liu king
Wide body need two lanes,
Got a 5-0-4 bitch that go to Tulane
Niggas think that I'm playin'
I ain't sayin' this shit to be slayin' a nigga
Make your bed, lay in it, fucker
Born sinner, make a nigga die for his dinner
Eyes of a tiger, stone killer, cold blooded winner
Fuckin' beast, goin' HAM, gotta eat
Thanksgiving, don't thank me,
Cause that ain't beef, y'all niggas sweet,
Money leech, money launderin'
Private jet, I don't fly economy
Man I make it rain while you niggas try to maintain
All my niggas Bleep, shout out Honey Cocaine
Last kings, YMCMB bitch
187, stay on some G shit

2 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by sarutobie(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
why not compare yankee lyrics to the likes of asa and jeremiahs's 'take me higher'

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Joey82(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
it is said that when u are happy u dance to the rhythm and when u are sad u remember the lyrics.
the artists are simply dealing with different markets, and ur comparisons is with artistes from different music genres.
in nigeria, people like to be happy and dance more to the rhythm, what ever lyrics u put to a good beat goes.
hw on earth do u think dbanj was able to sell? his lyrics are so whack, even in oliver twist, what catapulted it to top the charts was beats and its only the beats part of the song that have been reproduced or reused in other endeavors.
i think is very unfair to compare afro hip hop artistes to r and b artistes.
maybe u guys should be comparing asha's lyrics to bruno mars.
and davido to 2 chainz, then and only then will i c a level playing ground.

2 Likes

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by zolajpower: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
CHECK OUT THE LYRICS OF DIONNE WARWICK,TIMI DACORE OF NIJA,ARETHA FRANKLIN WITHNEY HOUSTON AND .... MEN! YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH SOUL MUSIC
Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Red_Card: Let me compare wide awake by Katy Perry to rain drop by 2face. U will see dat wide awake is more mature...very touching. I realy love d part where Katy Perry says "thunder rumbling, castles crumbling, I am trying to hold on, God knows that I tried seeing the bright side, I'm not blind anymore". I don't know why Katy Perry didn't win the best female pop solo performance @dis year's grammy. When it comes to songs that's about sexx, compare Ice by Kelly Rowland to any of Tiwa Savage's childish sexx song and Ice will win. You can compare Climax by Usher to The way you are by Darey Art Alade.....climax wins. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne sings nothing but sexx but you won't easily understand it's about sexx but Flavour will be sounding so immature. I'm not into Naija songs...dats y me love Trace Urban.

Making silly comparisons as if anyone really cares. Dey dia dey form analysis when those you are analyzing are busy chopping millions of mulla. Who cares

#NaijaMuzikRocks.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Joey82: it is said that when u are happy u dance to the rhythm and when u are sad u remember the lyrics.
the artists are simply dealing with different markets, and ur comparisons is with artistes from different music genres.
in nigeria, people like to be happy and dance more to the rhythm, what ever lyrics u put to a good beat goes.
hw on earth do u think dbanj was able to sell? his lyrics are so whack, even in oliver twist, what catapulted it to top the charts was beats and its only the beats part of the song that have been reproduced or reused in other endeavors.
i think is very unfair to compare afro hip hop artistes to r and b artistes.
maybe u guys should be comparing asha's lyrics to bruno mars.
and davido to 2 chainz, then and only then will i c a level playing ground.

leave them make them dey yan dust for here. They are always comparing two dissimilar things for God knows why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year / NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" / Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.