Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,434 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! (22297 Views)

Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage / I dont Care What You People Write - Stella Damasus / Omotola Jolade vs Stella Damasus-Aboderin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 22, 2013
The actress bares her mind on the barbaric "Child marriage" bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_knQ-XpR3s&feature=player_embedded

25 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2013
i reserve my comment for d future of dis thread

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by malele(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2013
9ja is a mess

5 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by kokoye(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Child marriage versus husband snatcher.

your right to choose

14 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by omarky(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
I see sorrow in d eyes....... Give her Education not Ejaculation #childNotBride
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by druid06(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
It just shows you the same northern who think ruling Nigeria is their birthright are paedophiles...Pathetic.

5 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by oyinglory(f): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Very good
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by kzokul(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Make una no dey put youtube again on nairaland......

6 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Iaz93: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
SMH
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Our law makers are despicable,simply.
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Siga: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
...Nna mehn.... na the woman beauty I just dey see... I cant even concentrate on wat she dey say.... Naija na wa... Stella u do well.... love wat u just did... to hell with those Senators...

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by sureway1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Noted...
l'm waiting to here from Musa Nuhu..
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Tolexander: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Can somebody help us to subtitle it o!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Gifted4all(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
we don hear she try.all dose senators nid bulala for der yarnsh.dem wan bust all dis small small babes for us God go punish all of dem

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Gifted4all(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
yeye senators
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Bardic: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
I dnt believe the nigerian senate did the right thing to have allowed dat pass through
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Jerryjat(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
men... dis guys dey mad... dey no get beta tin to tink again... na marriage... marriage... marriage...

previously it was Gay... now it's Child...

Wat d hell is wrong with dis Old Men? angry...

2 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by emaboi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
no more government of d ppl
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dem dey follow Omotola's lead.

Now they have a backbone abi?

Kudos Stella

We thank God for the Omotolas and Soyinkas pacesetters of this world

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by emaboi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
isssh! naija palava
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Fadelex(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
whenever an issue is mis-interpreted everybody wil be spilling what they dont know, the bill does not even legalize under-age marriage, the section amended was 29 sub-section 4b which
states "any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of
full age" in reference to section 29 sub-section 1 which states
that "any Nigerian of full age and wishes to renounce his/her
citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner
for d renunciation".. meaning if a 13year old girl that is
married wishes to renounce her citizenship, she's free to do
that...the reason been that 18 is the age believed to be of full
age in Nigeria. the problem with most of our people is that
they only do copy and paste without having full knowledge of
d situation... I'm not a lawyer but I'm literate enough to
understand d constitution and being an immigration
personnel I did a lot of work on citizenship

10 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
mad fat cows making useless rules
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Justicemy: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
kokoye: Child marriage versus husband snatcher.

your right to choose
did she snatch you from your wife ? Watch ur mouth dont talk to my elder sis like dat next tyme

4 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by crystalballs: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Summary...
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by free2ryhme: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2013

your right to choose

he dat is without sin cast the first stone and besides the vote on the bill is not an automatic passage of the bill into the constitution .. The House of Rep will also need to deliberate on the bill
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2013

your right to choose

Watch the vidoe abeg, she made some valid point that SHOULD interest Nigerians against child bride.

Husband snatcher or not, atleast they were two consenting adults.

I like this girl..... cool

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tolexander: Can somebody help us to subtitle it o!
She spoke in English.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by shejane: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
we av more northern senators in d senate as der said majority alwys carry d vote, dats y d eastern parts ar crying 4 more states, atleast 2 measure up in der number then we can av equal votes or rite.no mata hw u see, north stil dey ahead.
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by dridowu: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
I too condem it with all my heart
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by linearity: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hear it from a child herself...and see if you will not be moved to support her cause..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f76_1374406429
Re: Stella Damasus On 'Child Marriage' Bill! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
She spoke in English.

I think it was the thick Ibotic accent that threw him off. Not as thick as the politicians, but it's still there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frankincense Eche Ben Proposes To His Girlfriend (Engagement Photo) / Duncan Mighty Donates Land To Church To Mark 4th Wedding Anniversary / Dele Momodu Hails Serial Entrepreneur, Hadiza Mamud On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.