Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40278 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by icon8: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
atlwireles:

Tell us what you understand about "Differential equations". You don't have to insult people's wives to show your mentally superiority. Look at the debate we are have today about girl child marriage in Nigeria, only in the land of the blind is one eyed man king. No matter how most of you call it in this forum, Mrs Jonah is better off than 99.9% of your mothers, sisters and wives. Worry about your mother and wives and leave the woman alone.

Another product of same-sex marriage!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
The problem is that most nairalanders argue without objectivity... To them wole soyinka cannot be wrong, I am not saying he is... Patience jonathan has too many excesses, most of which are insulting to nigerians. However, resulting to frontal attacks and mindless name calling isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation. Secondly, I didn't hear him say anything about the pro- amaechi dude who resulted to physical violence to inorder to put his point across. To me, there is no better definiton of BIAS than that. Wole soyinka I notice is becoming more political than rational, which isn't gud for his image.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
No wonder the mad man is still a hustler at his age!!! cheesy
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
njokusboy: The problem is that most nairalanders argue without objectivity... To them wole soyinka cannot be wrong, I am not saying he is... Patience jonathan has too many excesses, most of which are insulting to nigerians. However, resulting to frontal attacks and mindless name calling isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation. Secondly, I didn't hear him say anything about the pro- amaechi dude who resulted to physical violence to inorder to put his point across. To me, there is no better definiton of BIAS than that. Wole soyinka I notice is becoming more political than rational, which isn't gud for his image.

Are you minding that phaggotass local professor!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Pataki: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
SHEPOPOTAMUS!!! grin grin grin

No first lady has ever been equated to any animal. But to be equated in looks to a hippopotamus certainly implies her progenitors must have mingled with a hippopotamus in the swamps.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
MOP is sufferin from accumulated yrs of congi combined with old age

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by eagleeye2: 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1364637/dame-patience-must-learn-control/1#16934829

The only difference in what Wole has said and what Abati said in 2010 are the words/phrases;
shepopotamus and "mere domestic appendage"

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Pataki: 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
atlwireles:

You don't have to insult people's wives to show your mentally superiority.

"Mentally superiority"?? Why do you people enjoy murdering English?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
gommex: MOP is sufferin from accumulated yrs of congi combined with old age
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Conji is a basstard i tell ya!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by eagleeye2: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
njokusboy:

Secondly, I didn't hear him say anything about the pro- amaechi dude who resulted to physical violence to inorder to put his point across.
But you did hear him when he spoke out on behalf of enthroning the shoeless one. Or Shepopotamus being appointed Perm Sec
Abeg una no get case. PEJ LIVES in GLASS HOUSE, so she should learn not to throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by stopit: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
PointB: Let's look at it this way. How many times have Patience Ebele Jonathan - the victim of these unprovoked attacks- responded to Wole Soyinka ungentlemanly, immature, chauvinistic derision? Just once - in a mild press release to express her displeasure at Wole Soyinka's diatribe.

Subsequently, Wole Soyinka have called her 'illiterate', 'mammy wata, hippopotami.' and now 'shepopotamus'? Looks to me like the almighty WS is raring for a fight with a 'mere domestic appendage.' Incidentally, PEJ has borne all these vitriolic attacks calmly without uttering another word to Soyinka.

Women (forgive me if I sound a bit like Soyinka's but I mean no disrespect) are know to be more chatty/loquacious in comparison to men. Now the question I begin to ask myself is this: between Soyinka and PEJ who is more mature? Who really is the man here? The angry and loquacious Soyinka or the patient Patience? But with men like like Wole Soyinka, I bet indeed some mothers do have 'em!

I hope Patience continues to keep a dignified silence, in the face of this continue provocation. Shame that Soyinka's stock is falling - with every myopic outburst of his!

I quite agree with you i think Soyinka should chill why is hebehaving like a woman and always dragging the matter.He should behave like a man and stop trading word with a woman for christ sake.Is it proper for a man to be Quarrelling continuously with a woman pls he should behave like a man and relax joor

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Noblechyk: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
fredral: Rain it on him; I disliked him for that. He spared the gov who was involved physically in the act, and reached out to PEJ.
He also saw it as constitutional, d sacking of an elected local govt chairman. Soyinka has lost it.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
funny but not so funny. You identify with cultism?
If identifying with WS makes me a cultist, I love it.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Noblechyk: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

your point is what exactly isn't a shame that the first lady you take as a deity can't communicate effective with the nation's lingua franca something toddler do without hassle. hippotami is representing with her grammatical blunders sha, next time when a man come to you that he has no shoe buy him one and let him go.
Ur grammar jus proved dat we borrowed. My confusion here is, why re u still throwing stone @ d first lady's inability to communicate effetively like WS?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by cashkid: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang: Ole Soyinka needs a job. The person is bored and broke as hell.
it is u and ur entire family dat shld try n get a job and come to thnk of it, wat this man has acheived i cn bet it that none of ur family member cn acheiv it in their lifetime and u are here running ur mouth!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by atlwireles: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pataki:

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by whitecat007: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
One is here grin

Hey! oponueme the dum-dum! I hope you don't run under shepopotamus's skirt soon.
anago12: if in your definition a person like wole is mad then I wanna forever be a looney. but the manatees and shepopotami you worship can't even measure up to his shoelace in all ramifications. when the south western folks enter this thread hope you will be able to stand the heat in the kitchen.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by cashkid: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pataki:

i wonder o! mentally superiority
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by thinkdip(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Please can somebody kindly tell me how to go from sango to lekki-epe.,please i need an urgent answer.thanks
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Arosa(m): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof.Wole Soyinka is one of the few sane people in Nigeria, So if you are here to insult him, you should know what you are.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by cashkid: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:
damn I have been schooling you for ages. like seriously you wanna hit me with that line typing on my mobile irrespective am still way ahead of every member of your lineage intellectually.
u don finish am!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2013

21 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by themmie: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
@ akpomeme: some people lyk u just need to get a lyf. I bet u can't earn 1/1000th of respect accorded to prof wole soyinka in d international community.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by vanitty: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
I love the professor but truth be told, with the greatest respect, you need to shut up this time round sir because you wrong, you wrong, you wrong!

A still tongue they say keeps a wise head.

There are so many ways to skin a cat, it should never degenerate to name calling. Professor Soyinka I am sure is aware of "tact"

His words is akin to "bullying" , trying to get a rise out off the First Lady.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by basty: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
One thing is this, Igbo people will definitely hate Prof Soyinka because he has achieved what their literary late Icon China Achebe could not.
I don't join issues with all these biased tribalists stand out to archive, (A nju won o se with lejo ija ilara won ko tan boro) Soyinka has surpassed them, they are full of envy.
Is it an offence for him to air his opinion?
Useless tribalist.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kingbang: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
cashkid: it is u and ur entire family dat shld try n get a job and come to thnk of it, wat this man has acheived i cn bet it that none of ur family member cn acheiv it in their lifetime and u are here running ur mouth!

I only understand English and Igbo Languages kid!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by whitecat007: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Meself wey na wieners of different sizes I dey eff instead of book in school no go fit write tha one
cheesy
Pataki:

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Ollajay: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
WS is a very brilliant scholar, a nobel lauret and professsor of high repute. But that alone is not sufficient to regard him as all round success in other spheres. For example, he is not really very sucessful in area of marriage. In the same way he is not an expert in politics or political leadership.

Unfortunately, his use of "abusive words" on PEJ is quite unbecoming of a man of his learning. He shouldnt use those words on PEJ or anyone at all. This type of misguided use of words has brought him to ridicule more than once. First, his use of words on the former SA to OBJ Mr Femi Fani-kayode led to insults and embarrasing words on Soyinka. Soyinka's comment on FFK suggested that there was something wrong with the level of intelligence of FFK's lineage referring to FFK's father. Unfortunately, WS didnt remember that FFK's father and grand father studied law at Cambridge (or some frontline UK Uni) and they both graduated with First Class.

WS was also insulted by Festus Keyamo when WS expressed a legal opinion which attempted to ridicule Keyamo. Keyamo insulted WS by saying he was "talking law and not tinkle tinkle little star", thereby saying WS can only speak on literature and not law.

The current use of words on PEJ by WS will further bring him to ridicle. If he continues this way, more and more people will insult him and he will lose a substantial amount of the respect he had.

Just my view though, anyone is free to disagree.

13 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by sexkilzaphull: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Just a little longer before the fat hippopotamus and retardeen mumu GEJ are kicked out in 2015 or 2019 or even before then that you will all be jobless! The OP akpomumu is cursed, just like all his generation! grin grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by shineeye1: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
When the masquerade abandons his dignified dance steps and begins to be carried away by the ovation from the crowd, he is very likely to demystify himself! Wole has overstepped dignity. Neither he nor any mortal is beyond error or correction. It is a shame that a supposed statesman would vacate issues and descend to mudslinging. Talking about HE and SHEpopotamus, are there none in Wole's family?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by deletrue: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Records have so far indicated that life is full of ups and downs, otherwise what else can be disappointing than Soyinka's display of foolishness arising from his high degree of poverty. Sometime one is tempted to reason that God has forsaken Nigeria considering the lowest level Soyinka is at present occupying in the scheme of things.
What prevents Soyinka from rising to the level of Mandela of South Africa. This a man who has not worked or contested any elective position apart from teaching which only ends up dashing lectures and marking. The only known public office he attempted was the FRSC and ran away with all the monies within the shortest period.
A man without a wife. How on earth can such man respect another man's wife.
An outdated poverty ridden societal deviant called professor Soyinka. There are man jobless people and still remain relevant in the society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Amir Adamu Rugu, Boko Haram Commander Surrenders / APC Announces 2019 Presidential Campaign Council (Full List) / Senator Akpabio Lands In Akwa Ibom Ahead Of His Defection To APC. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.