Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management (14022 Views)

How To Carry-out Business Research $ Handle Business Effectively / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Realistically, making money with little capital is not easy but with hardwork and honesty, u can make it.
How I make my money is simply by Trading. I trade in anything legal and I ensure my honest cut from every trade (although not all the time and I lose money at times)
Making money from trading, I mean you can make money when you buy and when you sell( e.g you know the buyer of a building and the seller of that building, you incure some cost to purchase the building and you sell to the buyer) and currently for all business solution, you can always find me at STP Consult.

STP Consult is a trusted firm of competent and reliable professionals that assist various business in all industry to handle business start up and also Manage businesses, (Petrol station,bakery,brick factory,poultry, Fishery, trading businesses to mention in few).
We handle purchases, production, packaging, marketing, sales, finance and staff management effectively and strategically for the success of the business in our charge.
Transparency in our dealings is visible to our clients because integrity and trust is our first policy.
Feel free to contact us with your question

Post your general questions here or contact us for private question and your contribution to this topic is welcome
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by jdilight(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
what are your opinion on starting a toilet paper company
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
jdilight: what are your opinion on starting a toilet paper company
Welcome to the thread.
First of all, Toilet paper Company is a manufacturing company and it is a good and profitable(not instantly) business as long as you have a good source of its raw material, a good and functioning equipment/plant/facility, labour and a good marketing strategy( a little bit easier for manufacturing companies- they distribute in bulk or produce per order. Notwithstanding, starting a toilet paper company is CAPITAL INTENSIVE (it requires a large amount of money) considering the set up requirement which include
1. A land/building to accommodate you manufacturing plant (cost depends on location)
2. Manufacturing Plant and its powering accessories to make it function (estimated to be around N2.5m depends on how you get it or who assembles it for you)
3. Purchase of Raw - materials (use plain papers or mixture of Soft and Hard woods or use waste papers *waste to wealth*) although the waste paper own will produce a different quality of toilet tissue, Chemicals and other apparatus)
4. Production cost (requires labour cost and other miscellaneous)
5. Finishing/packaging cost
6. Advertisement and marketing/distribution cost
for more on the manufacturing process, you may contact expert on manufacturing or get an idea from this link (http://365days365businessideas..com/2012/06/start-toilet-paper-manufacturing-unit.html#!/2012/06/start-toilet-paper-manufacturing-unit.html)
These are the major cost to incure at start up but Raw material cost, production cost, finishing/packaging cost, marketing cost varies with the unit of toilet tissue you wish to produce at any point in time but those cost always require strategic plan (your finance manager should handle it perfectly or you use a finance consultant*STP Consult is advisable*) if you want to get your capital back and make profit as soon as possible.
However, toilet tissue is a material in use in millions of homes and organisation (hotels, Government establishment e.t.c) ALL OVER THE WORLD (it is an exportable product too). How far or profitable the business could be, at this point, depends on your marketing strategy
Finally, aside economy of scale advantage (the more you produce, the less the cost of production i.e if one roll of tissue cost N10 to produce, 2 rolls should cost less than N20), manufacturing businesses usually have the benefit of by-products (products produced as a secondary result of the manufacture) and income may be generated from those by-product. For example, if wood is your raw material, the bark of those woods is a by-product and can be sold to those who require its use

*Most importantly, kindly consider Pollution with the use of chemicals and prevent unnecessary felling of trees if possible, use papers as raw materials.
Do not forget to register to appropriate legal/regulatory body. It is not always cost effective to boycott regulations.

I hope I have answered you right but if not, please specify what you want to know

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by okey4reel(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2013
Please i need your advice, i have 200k which i intend to use to start a small business, can you advise me on what
i can start with that little cash that will also be profitable.

Thanks
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
okey4reel: Please i need your advice, i have 200k which i intend to use to start a small business, can you advise me on what
i can start with that little cash that will also be profitable.

Thanks
Welcome to this thread.

The best of profitable business are ideas you conceive personally.
200k is no little cash to start up a business but what matters most is your zeal to remain in business.

Do you want a business you can do from your home or a conventional set up? part time or full time?

Consider some of these profitable business that I know people make a living from.
1. Trading (middle man business)- with your 200k you can go into buying and selling. Clothes and clothing materials,food stuffs, phone and accessories etc but what matter most is the amount you buy your stocks and the amount you sell your stocks not withstanding, always ensure you cut down on your running cost (applies to most businesses).
2. Dry cleaning service - depending on the feasibility of your market target. If you reside in student area or close to housing estates or average and above average community is a good market target. This would be at its best if you have a conducive compound to operate
3. Business centre -typesetting, printing, scanning,graphic designs etc. (but ensure it is in a school environment or government establishments e.g licensing offices etc)
4. Lastly but not all, livestock farming e.g poultry,fishry etc. This I rarely advice because of the expertise requirement. You may hire vets but if you don't know about animals, brother, the risk is greater.

NB. There are lots of simple legal businesses you can do to earn a simple living with 200k and not a get rich quick business but the opportunity
(what you can do easily at a reasonable cost that people need at all cost especially food, clothing and shelter) visible to you is what you should explore and your market network(amount of people that know what you do)

Above all, ensure you have a feasible business plan of whatever business you decide to do before you commit your money except the one you spend on feasibility study (research on how profitable d busines could be)

For more on management or partnership, contact me at STP Consult.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by nairafx: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
Thanks, I'm into tipper biz, transporting sand and granite in Lagos and Ogun. What do u see about d biz? Also, can u get those who want to sell condemned trucks while I pay u commission as d consultant ?

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
nailed: Thanks, I'm into tipper big, transporting sand and granite in Lagos and Ogun. What do u see about d biz? Also, can u get those who want to sell condemned trucks while I pay u commission as d consultant ?

Someone once introduced me to the granite transport biz earlier in this year but I had funds tied in some other matters, so I didn't follow him up but from info I have collected so far, the business is a STEADY SOURCE OF INCOME investment type and it is a good investment if you manage it yourself or you use a credible manager but the business has the major problem of transportation business-the operation management and maintanance (driver.recklesness.repair and returns).

This problem has grounded a lot of trucks including this tipper I'm going to introduce you to as you have requested.
This Truck in my charge is old but not condemned and the owner doesn't want a disposal but rather would love to put it into use if negotiation with you succeeds.

If you are ok to enter into negotiation about the truck, contact me ASAP
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Buchika: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
I cultivated 8 hectares of cassava and set up a mini processing mill intending to produce garri, i got most of the process mechanized but my problem is there is no efficient machine to peel the tubers that leaves me with the only option of peeling with knives and paying for the labour is not childs play,just paying for the peeling alone finishes all the profit, so please can you source for me an effecient cassava peeling machine with the capacity of between 2 to 5 tons per hour.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello Sylland,

Thanks for this write up. I am into Auto Air Freshener Production(Paper Type) which can be used at home and office as well. I started this business in 2012 and so far I have experienced some level of progress. It lasts long and has a nice fragrance. The demand is increasing.

What I did this year was to re-brand it which makes it more presentable(Packaging). By this re-branding, the perception has changed to a larger extent(positively).

Each packet contains 20pcs for easy marketing and I distribute to Shops, supermarket etc at the cost of N1,000-N1,200. Right now am the only one doing the marketing and distribution. So I seriously need help regarding this.

Now I want to take it outside Lagos state in term of marketing. Please how will you advise me to go about this or can your company assist in marketing directly or indirectly. I can make a pack available to you if necessary.

Thank you.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Buchika: I cultivated 8 hectares of cassava and set up a mini processing mill intending to produce garri, i got most of the process mechanized but my problem is there is no efficient machine to peel the tubers that leaves me with the only option of peeling with knives and paying for the labour is not childs play,just paying for the peeling alone finishes all the profit, so please can you source for me an effecient cassava peeling machine with the capacity of between 2 to 5 tons per hour.

I'm Sorry about the profit issue and I must say you are an intelligent entrepreneur to have realized this big hole in the pocket and I pray for more success in the venture.

Obviously, you are about to embark on a capital expenditure and I must tell you it comes with operational expenses too (fuel or electricity to power the machine, operators remuneration, repairs and others that comes with machine maintenance from time to time). For this reason, you need to evaluate your options strategically to be sure of the financial implication of both manual and machine method and know which is advisable (I can assist with the evaluation which I strongly recommend that you do) to prevent jumping from Fry Pan to Fire.

Notwithstanding, I have contacted some manufacturer I know about the machine and await their response

NB. If I do not reply you or any post ASAP, Plus contact my email or Phone number (personal line 08060788184) to check my pulse (lol). I wish you more profit in your venture.

2 Likes

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 1:02am On Jul 25, 2013
amtheone: Hello Syllang,

Thanks for this write up. I am into Auto Air Freshener Production(Paper Type) which can be used at home and office as well. I started this business in 2012 and so far I have experienced some level of progress. It lasts long and has a nice fragrance. The demand is increasing.

What I did this year was to re-brand it which makes it more presentable(Packaging). By this re-branding, the perception has changed to a larger extent(positively).

Each packet contains 20pcs for easy marketing and I distribute to Shops, supermarket etc at the cost of N1,000-N1,200. Right now am the only one doing the marketing and distribution. So I seriously need help regarding this.

Now I want to take it outside Lagos state in term of marketing. Please how will you advise me to go about this or can your company assist in marketing directly or indirectly. I can make a pack available to you if necessary.

Thank you.

Pleas send a clear picture of your product in unit and in packet to my email above or post it here as you are pleased (I personally have interest in the product) other info shall be replied

I must say you have tried, getting this far (more greese to your elbow) and In respect of Marketting, advertisement is the the keyword to search for in whatever Strategy you wish to use and being a manufacturer, you are on the right part of your chosen market (resellers but not limited to supermarket and stores).

I am having a difficult time recommending a particular strategy because
1. I don't have much info (physicaly) on the product yet and
2. A Conflict of interest seems to exist

Yet, as a manufacturer producing a marketable product, your 1st target is the reseller or wholeseller(since you produce in large quantity to have conquered the whole of Lagos state)

I shall expect more info on your product from you. Reply by posting it here for benefit of people folowing this thread or send to my email. So with more info, I hope I can do more to assist.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 9:36am On Jul 25, 2013
syllang:

Pleas send a clear picture of your product in unit and in packet to my email above or post it here as you are pleased (I personally have interest in the product) other info shall be replied

I must say you have tried, getting this far (more greese to your elbow) and In respect of Marketting, advertisement is the the keyword to search for in whatever Strategy you wish to use and being a manufacturer, you are on the right part of your chosen market (resellers but not limited to supermarket and stores).

I am having a difficult time recommending a particular strategy because
1. I don't have much info (physicaly) on the product yet and
2. A Conflict of interest seems to exist

Yet, as a manufacturer producing a marketable product, your 1st target is the reseller or wholeseller(since you produce in large quantity to have conquered the whole of Lagos state)

I shall expect more info on your product from you. Reply by posting it here for benefit of people folowing this thread or send to my email. So with more info, I hope I can do more to assist.

Thank you Sir. Am pleased by your quick response. At the moment I don't have soft copy of them. I will get that sorted out and send to you. I don't mind, I can also send you physical product so as to feel, touch, test and make more input.

As for Lagos market, I am yet to cover Lagos but I will not wait until I cover Lagos before I move out. So I will be so grateful for any help that will enable me achieve this.

Please, can I call you over the weekend so that we can have a one-on-one discussion?

Thank you.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by bizfield: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
nairafx: Thanks, I'm into tipper biz, transporting sand and granite in Lagos and Ogun. What do u see about d biz? Also, can u get those who want to sell condemned trucks while I pay u commission as d consultant ?
Sir,i can get you condemned trucks in lagos and it environ,call 08143288615.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by bizfield: 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
amtheone:

Thank you Sir. Am pleased by your quick response. At the moment I don't have soft copy of them. I will get that sorted out and send to you. I don't mind, I can also send you physical product so as to feel, touch, test and make more input.

As for Lagos market, I am yet to cover Lagos but I will not wait until I cover Lagos before I move out. So I will be so grateful for any help that will enable me achieve this.

Please, can I call you over the weekend so that we can have a one-on-one discussion?

Thank you.

can you employ me to be supply the product for you?08143288615.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by bizfield: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Buchika: I cultivated 8 hectares of cassava and set up a mini processing mill intending to produce garri, i got most of the process mechanized but my problem is there is no efficient machine to peel the tubers that leaves me with the only option of peeling with knives and paying for the labour is not childs play,just paying for the peeling alone finishes all the profit, so please can you source for me an effecient cassava peeling machine with the capacity of between 2 to 5 tons per hour.
Sir,if you can not import this machine,there is a company i know in lagos that can castrate it locally,if you are interested call me on 08142388615.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by bensky: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi i want to go into post construction clean business, but my fear is how to start since i work and my job takes 6 days of the week.how do i start also considering the nature of the business which requires time.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Buchika: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
why not send the address here so anybody who has similar problem can con
tact them
bizfield: Sir,if you can not import this machine,there is a company i know in lagos that can castrate it locally,if you are interested call me on 08142388615.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
amtheone:

Thank you.

Weekend is Ok. Use my private line then. 08060788184.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
bensky: Hi i want to go into post construction clean business, but my fear is how to start since i work and my job takes 6 days of the week.how do i
start also considering the nature of the business which requires time.
Welcome to this thread.
Post Construction Clean business is a good business and it is a type of contract job that is recommendable because it can be done full time or part time.
How to start is not a problem but your 6 days a week job creates a concern yet there is a way round it notwithstanding, you just have to sharpen your management skill.

For the benefit of other members of this forum, my sugestion is this.
Post Construction clean is a contract job (client contacts you to do a clean up for them) so you have to inform a lot of people to ensure you get jobs frequently if you want to remain in business

HOW YOU MAY START
1. Research on the operational procedures to carry out Post Construction Cleaning.

2. A market survey. Although we all know that what keeps you in this type of job is how frequent you get jobs and your market spread all over the country but you need a survey to know the prices(your expenses) and charges(your bills) in the cleaning industry.

3. Write a business plan (to include your financial plan and your marketing strategy) The reason for the business plan is because you have to spend some money(capital) to buy cleaning materials(
not limited to broom,brush,bucket only),transport cost, advertisement and this money must be recouped or gotten back as soon as possible (if you want want to make profit too) and all the effort so far must be gained.
NB. I can assist you with 1-3 above, if you need more on that (but definately with a little token)

4. Build a team of reliable part time workers(you have to train them very well) who are ready to respond to your call, who are ready to travel to anywhere to do a cleaning job anytime you mobilise them with transportation,who are loyal to you, in fact, a team that won't disapoint you (This team is the major determinant of your business success SINCE YOU ARE UNAVOIDABLY UNAVAILABLE, so you need to build a team of credible and hardworking workers and to ensure their loyalty, I sugest you make youself a motivating boss through the incentives you give them) and you may have at least one trained worker in different location(so that you don't have to send your lagos based workers to abuja for a 2days work of 35000naira or less) so if you get a job in a particular location, you contact your nearest worker to the location and remember-pay workers per job done. (I can assist you with some location I have link. Won't charge you for it. But I will just link you with part time workers in location close to me)

5. Reach out to people and inform them of what you do. It is very important to print a business card (I can help you design and print business card at a very little token). Now is the time to be FRIEND with building/construction contractors and inform them to recommend your service to their client or better still introduce their client to you so that you can introduce your service to them(your phone and contact must be at work always since you have little time to meet clients physically)

6. I suggest you register a business name(I can do that for you) except you want to use your name alone.

Finaly. I must advice you not to get distracted at your Work Place and Remember, as a businessman, you have no enemy again, every one you meet is your friend, so let them know what you do.

I shall expect your mail concerning the business plan,business name,Professional Business card and if you need anything other thing.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
bizfield: can you employ me to be supply the product for you?08143288615.

I will call you.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2013
syllang: I appologise if i responded anyone late. pls bear with me and remember to always post your questions here for everyone to benefit, if there is other thing you need privately, you may use my email.

I believe there are other room for this program on nairaland or rather, create a new thread. i wish you all the best.

Please always endeavour to contribute what you do or have exactly for the benefit of everyone. Thanks

Pending Issues

i have received quotation and neccassary info from the manufacturer i contacted abroad but i await the nigerian own which i shall send both to you for you examination as soon as they reply . i strongly recomend that you do your analysis well as i advised earlier. i hope the nigeria own replies soon.
NB let me know if you change your mind about the info (my assumption as you didnt reply my last message)

i shall expect your feedback as discussed

Yes by tomorrow. Thanks and have a nice day.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
bizfield: can you employ me to be supply the product for you?08143288615.

Your number is not going through. You can as well reach me on 08061352480. Thanks.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hello. I awaited response from the nigeria manufacturer but it hasn't come. All I have with me is the quotation and extensive info including video footage from the foreign manufacturer. If you wish to review, I can forward the document to your mail. I hope you will be satisfied with it. Thanks.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by bensky: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2013
@syllang thank you for your email, I already have a business name, I have a proposal I have done too, but maybe you should help take and look at the proposal and do a correction where necessary. I need a business card though as I don't have any. My contact no. 08028209516 send me your no. Let's talk. Hoping to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:17am On Jul 29, 2013
bensky: @syllang thank you for your email, I already have a business name, I have a proposal I have done too, but maybe you should help take and look at the proposal and do a correction where necessary. I need a business card though as I don't have any. My contact no. 08028209516 send me your no. Let's talk. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Its a huge step forward to have registered a business name and a proposal. You are just one step away from kick starting.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Another Major topic of discussion in business is Loan and its Burden on business. What you need to know about it has been summarized in my latest blog post, visit the link, relax. Enjoy, learn and comment your questions,suggestions or observation
Loan and your business - The way around it,
www.akinsolajegede./2013/08/03/obtaining-a-loan-for-your-business-the-right-lender-the-right-term-and-the-right-time/
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by respectment(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2013
Am in final year now and I want to startup a business in school, it will be a buying and selling kind of business, eg cloths,electronics, etc , my advertising and marketing strategy will require me getting the phone numbers , email address , bb pin , of the students in my school, since I don't have enough money for shop, me and my team will deliver at the door step of our customers, please advise me on a better way to go about this, how to get the students contacts, and any other innovative idea. Respectment@yahoo.com.
Bb pin:2393C3C3
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Buchika: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Thanks for your efforts, something kept me away from this thread for some time. I will like to have the quotations and the footage, as for the evaluation info you proposed, I think it will be of importance when their is a specific machine that is being compared to the manual method. Send you email before, my add. bochris8@gmail.com
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by theodavid: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
I jst startd a mini watch importation and am in onitsha and i discover dat most people selling watches in onitsha main market also import their watches from china and it really affecting the price of watches so i need your advice and am tinking if you can help get people i can supply some of the watches outside onitsha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business To Invest In Nigeria With 20 Million Naira / Why Are Young People In Nigeria Going Into Online Business? - See Reasons / Affiliate Marketing! Please Don't Invest On This Nigerian Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.