Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management (14048 Views)

How To Carry-out Business Research $ Handle Business Effectively / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2013
arent88: Mr syllang i am planning on getting a distributorship right from golden penny for dere pasta products.pls wat advice do u hav abt d pros and cons.or can u feel me in on hw to go abt d marketin strategy et al.

To start with sir, it is believed that distributors are the next big player after the manufacturer in production line because they gain more on the frequency of sales to numerous available retailers (high turnover possibility).
In getting a distributorship deal, these large organisations already have their requirements for any aspiring distributor, mostly in terms of large quantity-large capital type of requirement, please find out these requirements and fit into it.

Marketing? I'm glad to inform you that GP pasta is a household name, and the product is widely known in Nigeria, hence u need not bother much on advert than to OWN MULTIPLE STORES, located close to your target retailer, probably, IN VARIOUS LARGE MARKET.
Try some price penetration strategy if not restricted by the company and brand your store with GP Pasta theme to get awareness in your local market.

Finally, DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC ADVANTAGE THAT MADE YOU CHOOSE GP PASTA.
If not, make enquiries about the distributorship deal of other famous manufacturers in the industry. Honeywell,dangote etc. In relation to the one that moves fast in your local market.

This is just a hint sir, if you need clarification on strategic issues, please specify but I hope this answers your question,

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by arent88(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2013
Tanx mr syllang.if u dnt mind can i get ur number.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by happydude: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
syllang:
In as much as you want your business to achieve a goal and you crave for business growth, you need a business plan. It helps you highlight what you want your business to achieve and how you want it to achieve it. (So whenever you don't know what next to do, you can refer to your business plan).
Hence, without knowing what you want to achieve, you can't write a plan on how to achieve it. But h

If its your aim to make your business a household name like Citadel, Ideal consult etc in I.T industry, then,I may ask, WHEN? 2YEARS TIME? 5YEARS TIME? 10YEARS TIME?
Which ever you pick, we can now design a plan that leads to the goal-your aim.

Bottom line is that, having a business plan prevents you from branching unnecessary locations, on your way to achieve your ultimate goal.e.g If you are going to lagos from ibadan, you need not travel to ago iwoye (somewhere in the heart of ogunstate) just to take a lagos bus thereby wasting time and finance

I hope you now understand why business plan is necessary. If you need more clarification or clue about your business, please ask or send a mail.

Thks alot Bro pls can i get your phone number so we could talk about it. Thks alot and have a nice day ahead
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
happydude:

Thks alot Bro pls can i get your phone number so we could talk about it. Thks alot and have a nice day ahead

STP Consult- 07054150336
Thanks sir, have a great day.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ syllang how much wud it cost to set up a rice mill. please i need an urgent answer.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
diegs: @ syllang how much wud it cost to set up a rice mill. please i need an urgent answer.

The cost of setting up any mill should depend on the capacity of the mill, notwithstanding, I can't be specific on its cost but you may check this out if you haven't seen it earlier.
www.alibaba.com/products/complete_rice_milling_plant.html
Or this NL forum
www.nairaland.com/136270/how-set-up-rice-milling

I hope it helps a little.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by vikkimon1: 4:01am On May 28, 2016
more greese sir, please sir @ syllang I have but a little capital of 20k n don't know exactly each to start wit it I need ur assistance think u sir
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2016
In few words my brother,
Trading will be good to start with
Start by observing which product you have the opportunity of selling as fast as possible and easy for you to stock.
Watch your 20k capital grow in few weeks with dedicated input. Come back to share your testimony and what new expansion idea you have.
Sorry for the late reply.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by betaessays: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
Management of production problems in manufacturing companies. http://articlesng.com/management-production-problems-manufacturing-companies-enugu-state/
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
amtheone:

David

Though ur question was not directed to me. Pls Sir Syllang permit me to make a few suggestion here.

Going into business u have to decide two things-its either consumable or not. What I mean by consumable, I mean things that people can quickly use and within a short time ask for another one. In that way no matter how saturated d market is u will always have a share of the market.

Here u are into watch that is not consumable, so the "big boys" are taking over the market share seemingly price-wise.

Now what I will advise, u can still continue with ur watch import if u find it neccessary but look for another product that u won't struggle to sell especially consumable items. That way even in that Onitsha u will still make ur money.

Again u have to consider how long does it take to dispose ur watch frm d day u receive them. If it takes longer, it means u are likely to finish ur profit on logistics. Also, do people buy on credit, which I believe it is possible. There are so many items that u can import and dispose of within some days or weeks.

It is like a person that sells recharge card and the one that sells laptop. U can never compare the two in terms of profit margin.

Let me share my business experience a little. I was into laptop importation (Original from Uk) and I was having issues with marketing. I had to stop and went into ladies shoes. I will travel to Cotonou and purchase them. Again, there was issue of credit. I was doing mobile marketing which involved moving around with the shoes, I was almost at d mercy of ladies - they will collect the shoes but to pay was always an issue. As am typing this, there are some that are still owing me. In fact I've considered such as bad debt.

But by God's grace I was able to discover something that am doing now, which is debt-free. I can comfortably make more than 10k in a day without anybody owing me one naira. In that way, I can project my future and tell how events play out in my business.

So, look inward and make the right move. I wish u d best.
Please, can we talk personally?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Twitter From Nigeria / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) / Top Freelance Websites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.