Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill (25401 Views)

PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State / GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by HezronLorraine(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
lastpage:

Yea, so you want to put "Child marriage" on the same pedestal as Homosexuality or Bestiality? [/b]
Dont even try.
That same-sex Prohibition Bill is the ONLY sensible thing ot have come out of thta senseless House, for a long time.

As for "Back-fuckers" like you, try a new trick.
Pointing fingers kooo, Pointing toes niii.

Lastpage!

BTW: Homosexuality has always been, since the days of Abraham. No one has ever stopped them from digging their back-sides, within the confines of their room ...but to LEGITIMIZE IT and let them try to force-feed it on our innocent and impressionable children during school lectures, is CRIMINAL and will never happen in Nigeria.
Go and check what is happening in Europe and U.S now.
Now, the "Eediot-gays" want to start adopting children given birth to, by NORMAL COUPLES!
Just imagine the infradig! angry angry
They must live by their choice of sexual orientation, ... cant eat your cake and still have it.
people like you are the problem about Nigeria.see how aggresive your attack
1.)To justify your distaste for gays,you felt the urge to compare homosexuality with bestiality.
Like seriously,within u,u know u have no valid claim to put both on the same sticks,u know.but u'd rather celeberate your own perfect non-blemished mentality above logical human reasoning.
2.)Only sensible thing they've done in a long time.
Exactly what I said in my post.the shame doesn't reside in the Senators but even the Nigerians who don't know what's they're fighting or the forces they should be contending with.since the initiation of the anti-gay bill,what as it benefited Nigeria,what has it added to Nigeria.how as it promoted our self-righteous image.ugnn.
3.)Legitimizing homosexuality means ur kids would be force-fed with a so called gay propaganda.meaning it would promote honosexuality and probably make your kids supposed sexual deviants because the law choose to recognise same-sex relationships.
4.)On the issue of adoption.its not the easy road.not every kid grew up having two parental figures that is father and mother.the incapabilities of gay couples to have kids doesn't mean the society should suppress them from giving life to ababdoned kids and challenging the hopelessness of forgotten kids.same way not every heterosexual with the channels for reproduction can have kids.
Btw,there's surrogacy,if they can't adopt under the law,they'll go behind the back of the govt and have kids wth willing straight allies.

It remains unjustifieble to criminalize something that poses no threat or danger to anyone.

I ask,of the govt recognises gay people by law,allow same-sex marriage,what right have u been denied.what part of your humanity is trampled on.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by agentzakky(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Good u apologise for possible reconsideration by Nigerians on ur future ambition. Meanwhile you have just proved to us that most of you senators just go into that green rugd auditorium with a piece of colanut in your mounths without paying attention to what is being delibrated upon. Like copy cat you spy on what the fool next to you has his pricky fingers on and you voted as well. You need ur childrens' forgiveness
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Eloghosa78: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tafee: atleast this law is better than gay law
Its nt any better than d gay law!...Both are sins against God,Humanity nd Our African cultures and values.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by mbulela: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
This sort of comment can only be made by a certified pedophile.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by baby124: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
lastpage:

"Read it again. " ..and YOUR FAMILY..."
"WE" => YORUBAS ....of which l am one.

C'mmon, you are smarter than this now?
You know you goofed,... just chill-out and let it die naturally. wink wink

Lastpage!

You did not deliver your message properly. Accept that and make corrections in the future. No one here is vying for popularity or who is smarter than whom. Except that is your mission on NL
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by dee1wolex(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Omexonomy: insulting people is their culture, tradition and stock in trade. Their is nothing you can do about it.

u ar d mumu here. We alwys call a spade a spade i.e anyone dat deserves insult shud be insulted acordingly without takin side.
D person u quotd lashed out at d senator bt unfortunately for u, u chose d wrong tym to spill out d hatred u av for yorubas..
We luv u though...bt u hav to work on ur thinking.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by EreluY(f): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
[size=18pt]Ayo Akinyelure, Senator for Ondo Central Senatorial District, is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics. If an unethical fellow (who wittingly or allegedly unwittingly voted in support of paedophilia) holds this position, what can Nigerians expect, ethically, from its Senate?[/size]
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by PStacks(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
What was he thinking?
If he was wrong on this one, then they might hav been wrong on some other ones we don't even know about..

But they didn't make a mistake while voting for life pension for principal senate officers..
They didn't make a mistake in their allowances and benefits accruable to them.

OMG! How many mistakes would have been made on our collective Destinies by our Senators.. I'm scared we are exposed and vulnurable.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by luvmijeje(f): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mtcheew. My naija people, pls let's continue to make our voice to be heard. They have no choice but to listen to us.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Peterboy1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
He thought they were voting for marriage allowance

Heard that the one from Edo state woke up from sleep in the process of the voting and just pressed yes, he thought its a vote for new allawee
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by baby124: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Erelu_Y: [size=18pt]Ayo Akinyelure, Senator for Ondo Central Senatorial District, is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics. If an unethical fellow (who wittingly or allegedly unwittingly voted in support of paedophilia) holds this position, what can Nigerians expect, ethically, from its Senate?[/size]

Ethics ke. Omo, we are inside one chance o. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Adejoro74: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time
Awo betrayed Igbos and is now begging in his grave
Tinubu betrayed Ribadu in the 2011 elections and later went to apologize and make up
Diya Betrayed Abacha and later begged
Fasehun Betrayed MKO (so far he has not recanted, but he will soon)
This senator now betrays the north after supporting them and voting for their child abuse
Oduduwa betrayed olodumare and was pushed down from the skies
The ACN governors pushed Amaechi to fight GEJ, only to turn around and ask him to make up with GEJ

I can go on and on.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Biodup: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
This man is a blunder. This same senator withdraw his word in d floor of d senate when he cautioned (threaten) by david mark 2wks ago over River crisis. It is a pity he destroyed his political carier with his own hand. Mr senator you better go and beg iya ile okan to forgive you to avoid further error. I rejected every spirit of error in my life IJN.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by andyanders: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
baby_123:

So why did he vote in support? Is he saying he was bribed to I dont understand that comment. The man is a pedophile, period. His urges and sick desires took over his common sense. At least they have all been exposed. I pity his children, people will be looking at them like kids of a pedophile. sad

Yerima paid him. Shame to him and his family to have sent such a useless man to represent them. How come an adult like this iddio-t could even have the audacity to say he voted in error. Shame to him and his children.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by igboboy1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
well am not surprised ....his type sway with the weather...
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Elmos: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
He emphasised that as a true Yoruba man, he wouldn’t have intentionally voted in support of child marriage.

Source : http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/22/ondo-senator-apologises-for-voting-in-support-of-child-marriage-bill/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[/quote]

Our senator like his predecessor Gbenga Ogunniya, Never contributed to any debate in the senate, is either he was sleeping and or away and just jumped in to vote, Labour Party people.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by PHEMMY18(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
I guess he is 'I support the motion type' is that a good word from a representative? he's after money and selfish interest.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by blocker: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin Let him go further and tell us how he intends to refund the payoff as a show of honesty. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
where is the full transcript of that particular session?

sounds like a set up imo.

the ones who refrained from voting, why did they do so?
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Prince29(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Apologises nt aceptd,because if i caught those yeye senators i go flog them welwel olochi
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by PeterKbaba: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74: Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time
Tinubu betrayed Ribadu in the 2011 elections and later went to apologize and make up
This senator now betrays the north after supporting them and voting for their child abuse
The ACN governors pushed Amaechi to fight GEJ, only to turn around and ask him to make up with GEJ

I can go on and on.

One Word= Imbecilee!!!
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by salusworth(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
That man supported the motion by mistake?? He shud be kicked out before he supports a motion to bomb his homeland by mistake
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
“However, the position of the senate would have remained the same if I had voted YES to section 29 (4b) to be removed from the constitution, because for the clause to be passed by the senate, it requires 73 votes, representing two/third majority votes. Therefore, my voting YES would have brought the result to 61 YES and 34 NO, hence, not meeting the requirements for passage. I therefore, use this medium to apologize to my constituency members and the good people of Ondo state, for voting in error as a result of my wrong interpretation without any ample opportunity to make correction before voting was concluded”
I read this part and just couldn't stop laughing with my leg swinging over my head grin cheesy. The poor SINator was trying to wriggle himself out from the catastrophe he caused yet was giving nonsensical excuses by insinuating that his vote would have made no difference. Before the voting, i heard David mark asking them to vote only the conscience of their constituencies and not their personal feelings. The loafer went ahead to become confused by the grammar. cheesy grin
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
is it ibos that protested against him?
AB$I:
Yorubas and their PROTEAN CHARACTER. CHAMELEONS
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
better??wow!!!!!!
Jesus help us
what is better in both laws
you have laws meant for the devilish minded and u are looking for a better one
wow!
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by confusion247(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
baby_123:

So why did he vote in support? Is he saying he was bribed to I dont understand that comment. The man is a pedophile, period. His urges and sick desires took over his common sense. At least they have all been exposed. I pity his children, people will be looking at them like kids of a pedophile. sad
With his vote.....he proved to be a true yoruba son.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by confusion247(m): 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
smartchoice: is it ibos that protested against him?
Soon they will blame achebe for that vote.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by confusion247(m): 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74: Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time

I can go on and on.
Please do go on and on because you've said enough. Just type "yorubas are" in a google search box and smile home for seeing that google knows everything.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by solomon111(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
What's all the false pride and eye service on this thread for?
I can count up to four people on this thread who claim to have slept with minors during their NYSC programme.
Mscheww.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Then let him resign.That is hw is done here.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by ceejayluv(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
I guess we're getting too emotional here....
No bill was passed to enforce or encourage child marriage.
The argument was whether to remove a clause in the amended constitution which states that any female married at any age will be considered an adult.
Yerima pointed out that removing that clause would contravene their Islamic beliefs.
Voting ensued.
THE VOTE WAS NOT ON LEGALISATION OF CHILD MARRIAGE, but on the legal consideration of an underage married female as an adult.
Let's get logical a bit pls. Cut that Yoruba senator some slack.
Re: Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill by millhouse: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Laugh wan make ‎​M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ join bokoharam quote author=Peter boy]He thought they were voting for marriage allowance

Heard that the one
from Edo state woke up from sleep in the process of the voting and just pressed yes, he thought its a vote for new allawee[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over Presidential Ambition / Atiku Gets 55 Cartons Of Documents From INEC, Closes Case / Oshiomhole Picks Edo North Senatorial District Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.