Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram (17685 Views)

Boko Haram: Airforce Virtually Non–Existent - Buhari (+ The Question He Dodged) / Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos) / Nigerian Airforce Drone Strike Shatters Boko Haram Tank (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 9:22am On Jul 23, 2013
Pataki: You can only "invent" something that does not exist.

Stop selling this foolishness. Prototypes of bomb detecting machines exist on the internet. Download them, study it and you can design one yourself. But to foolishly spin out the word: "invent" here, smacks of inferiority complex!
So your problem is that they used the word "invent" instead of "manufacture"?
If it was so easy, why haven't other african countries built theirs?
Nigerians get problem sha.

3 Likes

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by BlackBaron: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2013
Just to correct some mistakes,

That is not the picture of the robot and it is also not the first in Africa.

The main person involved in this project is a Nigerian guy called Murphy Ray on Youtube.
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u GEJ apologist shldnt kill urself, ok?
If u wanna give news, pls do...
Why jes use every medium to advetise the drunken fisherman?

Didn't the first indigenous-built satallite built and launched during OBJ era?

Gun making company at kaduna, etc...

Where is OBJ now? At his fuckin farm!!

So, u guys shld jes allow d hat wearing mofo to work and allow us rest!

Spare us the ad pls undecided
Sorry, Nigeria launched its first indigenous satellites during GEJ's era.
We were just buying foreign satellites when Obj was in power.
Secondly,most of the technological advancements made in the military was during GEJ's tenure,and even the military usually attest to the support they get from GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2013
BlackBaron: Just to correct some mistakes,

That is not the picture of the robot and it is also not the first in Africa.

The main person involved in this project is a Nigerian guy called Murphy Ray on Youtube.
Who is the murphy ray guy?
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0dUCDApHk

Nigeria EOD Robot (Test Run)

This is just a small prototype robot

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by AbuMikey(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2013
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Dovahkiin(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2013
this is great news o props to all involved parties
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2013
NIGERIA INVENT WETIN!!!!! NIGGA PULEEEEEEZZZEEEEE!!!

Google Bomb disposal robots and see the pictures on Google and tell me if this machine was invented here or bought from overseas and relabelled..

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by playmode(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2013
This is a welcome development and i commend them.That being said Nigerian journalist should stop being quacks and report news in a professional way.This is not an invention but a development.They can't invent something that has been in existence for over 2 decades.Furthermore the picture provided is not a picture of the Nigerian robot.How hard can it be for the Journalists to obtain the picture of the actual robot developed by the Air Force.SMH undecided

That robot in the picture is the Remotec Andros built in the USA and i am not sure they will be too pleased to see someone using their picture to represent a Nigerian development.Nigerian journalists please stop being drop dead lazy and report with facts and real pictures:

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by ct2: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2013
I don't believe this maybe a civilian did it and sold the technology to them .because this general are out there for money making
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by 360command: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2013
I throway salute to this guys! Na to build stealth fighter jet.
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by chi4ik(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
I pray 4 more inventions, gradually we shall get it right one day. GEJ/Ihejirika God bls una.
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by joshuaidibia(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2013
Good. Lets start 4rm smwhr. # I-ROBOT TINS #
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by SPEED5: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2013
@ slide waxie : point of correction, nigeria has no indigenous built any satellite
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by emmanuel4758(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2013
oboy i luv dat ...kudos to dem ...gudluck til 2023 lol
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by emmanuel4758(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2013
360command: I throway salute to this guys! Na to build stealth fighter jet.
u want make un sanction us and deny us condom ... Oboi if nija tryam der wil be scarcity of condom... na jokeooh seun abeg pardon me.
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by ablyguy(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2013
Necessity is truly the mother of invention... I wish all these news are not just mere political stunts. But if it isn't, may Buddha be praised!!!
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2013
playmode: This is a welcome development and i commend them.That being said Nigerian journalist should stop being quacks and report news in a professional way.This is not an invention but a development.They can't invent something that has been in existence for over 2 decades.Furthermore the picture provided is not a picture of the Nigerian robot.How hard can it be for the Journalists to obtain the picture of the actual robot developed by the Air Force.SMH undecided

That robot in the picture is the Remotec Andros built in the USA and i am not sure they will be too pleased to see someone using their picture to represent a Nigerian development.Nigerian journalists please stop being drop dead lazy and report with facts and real pictures:

another picture of the bomb detecting robot

[note that robots are not for bomb detection, but detonation/disposal - channels falling hand]

http://home.roadrunner.com/~etcetera/emergency/agencies/police/lasd_bomb_squad_robot.html

LA County Sheriff Dept.Bomb Squad Robot. The camera is mounted atop the tall arm in the center of the robot. The silver rods atop the main arm are water cannons used to disrupt explosive devices. The robot is controlled via cable to reduce the chance of radio signals detonating a device.

[img]http://home.roadrunner.com/~etcetera/emergency/agencies/police/images/lasd_bomb_robot.jpg[/img]
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2013
emmanuel4758: u want make un sanction us and deny us condom ... Oboi if nija tryam der wil be scarcity of condom... na jokeooh seun abeg pardon me.
why would they sanction us? what's this one saying
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by piagetskinner(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2013
solomon111: I already knew about this long before it came out in the news.
no wonder ure quoting almost everybodys post...mr chief of defence
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Pins(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2013
My country is doing well and am hapi 4 them.critics be constructive rather than destructive.

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Sommie101: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2013
Great innovation..the Giant of Africa!

1 Like

Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by yeboyes: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2013
oyb:

another picture of the bomb detecting robot

[note that robots are not for bomb detection, but detonation/disposal - channels falling hand]

http://home.roadrunner.com/etcetera/emergency/agencies/police/lasd_bomb_squad_robot.html

LA County Sheriff Dept.Bomb Squad Robot. The camera is mounted atop the tall arm in the center of the robot. The silver rods atop the main arm are water cannons used to disrupt explosive devices. The robot is controlled via cable to reduce the chance of radio signals detonating a device.

[img]http://home.roadrunner.com/~etcetera/emergency/agencies/police/images/lasd_bomb_robot.jpg[/img]

Spot on! Na laziness dey kill our journalists. I wonder how hard it will be to make an appointment with the Airforce and take photos of the actual robot.It will be nice to see what our Airforce personal developed instead of this American version.
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2013
I hope Airforce invents a corrupt leaders Detecting Robot to fight corruption
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Orjioorji(f): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=SLIDE waxie]u GEJ apologist shldnt kill urself, ok?
If u wanna give news, pls do...
Why jes use every medium to advetise the drunken fisherman?

Didn't the first indigenous-built satallite built and launched during OBJ era?

Gun making company at kaduna, etc...

Where is OBJ now? At his fuckin farm!!

So, u guys shld jes allow d hat wearing mofo to work and allow us rest!

Spare us the ad pls undecided[ You are nothing but a sadist,
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by emmanuel4758(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2013
scipher: why would they sanction us? what's this one saying
what dis one is sayin is dat u shuld go and luk bush....
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2013
baby_123:

He definitely is not a thief like your popsie. Lying like a thief in broad day light, about technology he never created. Have some pride and play dead. undecided

Play dead lol grin
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by naptu2: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2013
This is the 2012 thread (in which some people kept popping up to insist that the authors of the article meant "defuse" not "detonate". Smh). The two reports are very similar.

https://www.nairaland.com/998422/nigerian-air-force-bomb-detonating-robot
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by livebullet(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2013
OK maybe true, but that pic isnt the nigerian robot....so where is our own pic abeg
Re: Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram by livebullet(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2013
oyb:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~etcetera/emergency/agencies/police/lasd_bomb_squad_robot.html

dnt mind CHANNELS if na to fall "oga @ d top hand" now, them go take 1st

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ninth National Assembly To Get 15 Ex-governors As Senators / Locking Lokoja Stadium Will Not Stop PDP’s Victory - Melaye Mocks Yahaya Bello / I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.