Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado (76614 Views)

Which Of These Would You Rock To keep Your Body Smooth This Harmattan? (PICS) / What Do I Use To Achieve A Smooth And Spotless Face / 10 Natural Ways To Achieve A Smooth Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by ChinmaEke(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
lepasharon: So shea butter makes u darker? shocked...abeg oooo

No it doesn't, it clarifies.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by macklef(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
Chinma Eke:
Shea butter doesn't darken the skin, rather it clarifies it.

like I said used when going under d sun, it can give u a tan.. nice darkened look. shea butter for best result is used in a cool temperature.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Caleb7: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2013
macklef:

like I said used when going under d sun, it can give u a tan.. nice darkened look. shea butter for best result is used in a cool temperature.

...and like as you said, Shea butter is African product that is good for African color and their bodies except if you want to bleach off your original skin,shea butter may not be able to do that, but if you want to maintain your normal color,use shea butter, because i know how it works.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Caleb7: 9:01am On Aug 06, 2013
mayapop: yeah it does that too,I know

ok!
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by macklef(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
Caleb 7:

...and like as you said, Shea butter is African product that is good for African color and their bodies except if you want to bleach off your original skin,shea butter may not be able to do that, but if you want to maintain your normal color,use shea butter, because i know how it works.

dude/dudette shea butter is good but pls" dont overate it dat tin...its not dat"" Awesome if it has worked for u y dont u upload a pix of u lets see d wondament of sheabutter. cos my sis uses it and its not day splufik

2 Likes

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by macklef(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Caleb 7:

...and like as you said, Shea butter is African product that is good for African color and their bodies except if you want to bleach off 'your original skin,shea butter may not be able to do that, but if you want to maintain your normal color,use shea butter, because i know how it works.

dude/dudette shea butter is good but pls" dont overate it dat tin...its not dat"" Awesome if it has worked for u y dont u upload a pix of u lets see d wondament of sheabutter. cos my sis uses it and its not day splufik

1 Like

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by lepasharon(f): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
i tried the avocado..it is gud smileytoo lazy to do it everyday tho undecided
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2013
lepasharon: i tried the avocado..it is gud smileytoo lazy to do it everyday tho undecided
wow! That's good winkdon't be lazy jare...
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by babestell(f): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Please what do you mean when u say "shea butter clarifies skin"
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by JanetWinslet(f): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2013
Can you offer more information,i'd like to try it.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Caleb7: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2013
macklef:

Well, i know what am saying,though we have different skin and blood group,so you can contact me for more explanation on shea butter if you want to use it.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Skenge98: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello friends, please what can I use to remove sun burn from my face. Please I need your sincere advice.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by ladygogo: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
i dont know where Nigerian chicks get the idea that a particular cream or lotion darkens your skin. Seriously? undecided

The sun makes you darker!! Chikena!

Even oyinbos use shea butter, vaseline coconut oil etc and doesnt darken them. They get darker in the summer and paler in the winter. So even if u apply egyptian milk and whatever you will still get darker because you live in a tropical climate. SO get that idea out of your head that your cream darkens you! ANd what if you become darker? whats wrong with being dark skinned as long as you exfoliate and glow?

No wonder those cream sellers are making a killing grin I think there is a business opportunity here men since you guys want to continue wallowing in ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by pweetiedee(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Skenge98: Hello friends, please what can I use to remove sun burn from my face. Please I need your sincere advice.
. First, change ur cream and get a cream dat has sunscreen. Stop using tubes if u do. Go to the market,buy dudu osun or the raw black soap,buy shea butter(ori)and coconut oil(adi agbon.)(the clear one) mix the ori and adi agbon,u can buy osun(camwood) and add to ur soap(raw black soap)u can also add honey. Cleanse ur face/body morning and night with the soap. Rub the mixture of shea butter and coconut oil on ur face early in d morning and at night or wen u r indoor. Use sunscreen as from now on. There are also natural ingredients good for the skin, tomato juice,papaya juice,pine apple juice(5 mins),oat meal and wheat meal for exfoliating,baking soda for exfoliating,olive oil,milk and honey etc. Stop using chemicals,they age ur skin and increases the risk of skin cancer. if u need more advice, just email me, we can exchange numbers. doyinsolardacandy@gmail.com. Gudluck

4 Likes

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by pweetiedee(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
lady gogo: i dont know where Nigerian chicks get the idea that a particular cream or lotion darkens your skin. Seriously? undecided

The sun makes you darker!! Chikena!

Even oyinbos use shea butter, vaseline coconut oil etc and doesnt darken them. They get darker in the summer and paler in the winter. So even if u apply egyptian milk and whatever you will still get darker because you live in a tropical climate. SO get that idea out of your head that your cream darkens you! ANd what if you become darker? whats wrong with being dark skinned as long as you exfoliate and glow?

No wonder those cream sellers are making a killing grin I think there is a business opportunity here men since you guys want to continue wallowing in ignorance.
. Hehehe. Dont mind dem. I was once ignorant,though i dint wana bleach,was just lookin for stuffs to clear spots. Serzly, natural products are just d best. I av neva been sunburnt. And its d work of the natural ingredients i apply on my face. Honey,milk, shae butter,coconut oil,e tc. I now use shea butter in the night and i bath with black soap. I use a cream dat has sunscreen. And my skin is much more bettr dan before. This natural stuffs,wen u use dem. U dont even need to do all dis surgery/face lift celebrities do. If u start using dis natural ingredients,they prevent wrinkles,age spots and sagging skin. Egg white for example is for face firming, oat meal,baking soda for exfoliating, lemon juice,cucumber juice,tomato juice,honey and milk,rose water,carrot juice etc for cleansing and even toning. And lots more, pls lets drop chemicals and be free from skin cancer

5 Likes

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by ladygogo: 1:01am On Aug 08, 2013
pweetiedee: . Hehehe. Dont mind dem. I was once ignorant,though i dint wana bleach,was just lookin for stuffs to clear spots. Serzly, natural products are just d best. I av neva been sunburnt. And its d work of the natural ingredients i apply on my face. Honey,milk, shae butter,coconut oil,e tc. I now use shea butter in the night and i bath with black soap. I use a cream dat has sunscreen. And my skin is much more bettr dan before. This natural stuffs,wen u use dem. U dont even need to do all dis surgery/face lift celebrities do. If u start using dis natural ingredients,they prevent wrinkles,age spots and sagging skin. Egg white for example is for face firming, oat meal,baking soda for exfoliating, lemon juice,cucumber juice,tomato juice,honey and milk,rose water,carrot juice etc for cleansing and even toning. And lots more, pls lets drop chemicals and be free from skin cancer

You are so right! i currently use lemon juice as a spot remover, toner cleanser etc.i also do the Oil Cleansing method.(google it). it cleanses out your pores and gives you the spa feel. I had to throw my neutrogena cleanser in the garbage because it wasnt making a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 08, 2013
lady gogo:

You are so right! i currently use lemon juice as a spot remover, toner cleanser etc.i also do the Oil Cleansing method.(google it). it cleanses out your pores and gives you the spa feel. I had to throw my neutrogena cleanser in the garbage because it wasnt making a difference.
cheesy
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Shop for women's shoes up to size 13W, various designers, beautiful handbags

www.ohmashoes.com
www.facebook.com/ohmashoes
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by pweetiedee(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2013
lady gogo:

. Really? I was avin doubt abt d oil cleansing method o. Which oil did u use. Ild like to try it. Pls tell me. grin
lady gogo:

. Really? I was avin doubt abt d oil cleansing method o. Which oil did u use. Ild like to try it. Pls tell me.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by ladygogo: 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
pweetiedee: . Really? I was avin doubt abt d oil cleansing method o. Which oil did u use. Ild like to try it. Pls tell me. grin. Really? I was avin doubt abt d oil cleansing method o. Which oil did u use. Ild like to try it. Pls tell me.

lol. yes o. I use a blend of sweet almond oil and Olive oil. You'll find that some people use a blend of castor oil and olive oil, but castor oil breaks some people out. i also read some people experience break outs regardless of the oil blends you use;its nothing to worry about as it only means your skin is responding to the cleansing. You could try Jojoba oil(I currently use this as a moisturizer) grin and olive oil.

yeah. i ditched my Neutrogena moisturizer too. grin
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by Enoquin(f): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
You ladies shouldn't intimidate me oh.

I know Avocado, Paw Paw, Honey, Egg is good. Funny enough, I no longer liked using paw paw and honey for my face, so I stuck with just honey. Whenever I use honey on my face before going out, I just wash it off with water (no soap).

I know milk is good too but I am always confused as to the kind of milk that is being refered to, so I'd prefer it, if one can give me a Nigerianish idea and not an onyiboish one.

Avocado just came back, saw it in the market two weeks back. I know I liked my face when I was using it.

And yet, I do not feel as if I am doing the right thing, perhaps someone can point out what I am doing wrong. Please suggestions should be Nigerianish oh...

I have a dry Skin
I have been using Jergens (Original Scent) for 2years but recently when my last Jergens finished I decided to use Palmers Cocoa Butter. I like the feel of this Palmers on my skin. The only Jergens that I have also liked the feel apart from Original Scent is Yoghurt and Milk. Is Palmers Cocoa Butter Okay?

My soaps, I alternate between Fa and Palm Olive but recently, when I got the Palmers, I also got the soap. I like the scent of the soap too (reminds me of baby soap) but it's too soon to remark on any changes.

I also used Eden's Apricot Scrub for exfoliating but decided to try St. Ives like 3 months back. I don't like St. Ives and I am not impressed by it, someone told me I became darker, think I will go back to Eden.

Funny enough, I just started using Shea Butter and Coconut Oil for my hair and that was after my sister persuaded us to give it a try, so, are you guys saying I can mix it with my cream, cause I don't think I can stand the scent of Shea Butter. Fake Shea Butter dey oh, last year my sister purchased the fake one here in Uyo.

Sometimes I use paw paw on my face, sometimes I don't. What am I doing wrongly and what can I improve on? Oh, I rarely use make up and when I do, it's very light.

So, beauticians and dermatologists, help a sister out. Thanks
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by chuqudy(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2013
Where can I get coconut oil?
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by gunuvi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
chuqudy: Where can I get coconut oil?
you can get it via www.sebasicoconuts.com or call 07026015480
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by homesodear: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
Most of us are exposed to sunlight everyday regardless whether we are indoors or outdoors. If we take no proactive action, our skin will absorb excessive ultraviolet rays, causing the formation and accumulation of melanin, then the appearance of dark spots and dull skin. Even the best of soaps/bath gels can leave behind invisible traces of dirt, makeup and pollution on your face, which ultimately blocks absorption of lotion and encourage bacterial growth. Without cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing regularly, your skin will eventually become loose, tired, dull and probably scarred by acne/blackheads. Thus, sun protection and healthy skin measures are required for our skin.

Products I’ll recommend are natural, and contains up to 30% to 99.9% of fresh and pure aloe vera pulp, a powerful weapon. These products are certified from the International Aloe Science Council on the pack. Such products represents truth in labeling on the products, represents the quality of the Aloe content in the products, represents the quality of the Aloe used in the products and, that the Aloe used in the products come from a certified source.

Kindly call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721 to know more on what natural products to use and how to use them. The skin care line is made with NATURAL and NON SYNTHETIC ingredients, But do remember that to achieve long lasting results using these products will require real PATIENCE. Miracles don't happen on the skin, but knowledge, persistence and patient will work miracles.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by anifatolu: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
It’s Time to go Natural and say goodbye to potential harmful or carcinogenic ingredients
As the largest organ in our body, the skin absorbs up to 60% of whatever we put on it.
It just doesn’t make sense to use something on our skin that is harmful. Shea Moisture Products are all natural certified organic ingredents. They don’t contain
The best thing about the products is what is NOT in them: NO Parabens, NO Phthaltes,
NO Paraffin, NO Formadelhyde, NO Mineral Oil, NO Propylene, NO Synthetic Fragrance,
NO Synthetic Color, NO Petroleum.
Contact SheaOrganicBeauty to get yous now
Call: 07083062752
BBM Channel: http://pin.bbm.com/C00299A49
Facebook Page: Sheaorganicbeauty
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by gennylota: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2015
woooe. thanks boo. nice info
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by gennylota: 12:21am On Apr 09, 2015
, but if you want to maintain your normal color,use shea butter, because i know how it works.[/quote]yea i'm gonna try it shocked kiss cry
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by gennylota: 12:24am On Apr 09, 2015
Caleb7:

yea i'm gonna try it
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by pokarey: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Hey y'all, I just got a lil thang to share,using of moisturizer,cleanser and make up removal helps cleanse the face and also makes it smooth,but we all have got different skin types,which makes it difficult and damn hard to choose the one meant for you,but to make it more easier why don't try using an avocado! And see results fast.
1.it lightens the skin.
2.it clears spots and other blackouts.
3.it gives you that look,you have always wanted! And much more.
Using it in the morning and night,you get to see changes fast.
herbal pink lip balm that clears lip darkness in just 4-6 days in Nigeria CALL 08134882465,abuja ,portharcourt, lagos, for further shipping and delivery services call the number above,.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by homesodear: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Flawless Skin Managers Do It yourself Skin Lightening Training and Skill Development seminar
Course Title: Effective Skincare routine to naturally lightening the skin
Duration: 2 days
Cost per head: N40, 000
Date: 23rd and 24th May, 2015
Venue: Wellness Place, Second Floor, Buffalo House, 2 Allen Avenue , Ikeja, Lagos.
Course objectives: At the end of the training, participants would have had adequate knowledge on how to develop a basic skincare routine in natural skin maintenance and lightening.
Who should attend? Models, Spas and Beauty parlours owners, Skin therapists, Cosmetics/Skin care entrepreneurs, aspiring business owners, Open to all male and female
Coverage:
• Skin Anatomy
• Personal Skin Care Regimen for Flawless Skin(AM/PM)
• Facials for different skin Types
• Home Fruit Based Peels
• How to use Chemical Peels
• Removal of dark Spots, Dark knuckles and Dark Knees
• Acne/Essential oil Treatment
• Skin lightening Diet
• Essential oils for Skin Lightening
• Homemade Cream recipes for Skin lightening (Night use)
• Homemade Facial Wipes/ Vitamin C Serum/Anti ageing Antioxidants
• Stretch Marks removal that really works!!
Time: Saturday, May 23rd, 10am to 4pm, Sunday, May 24th, 2pm to 5pm
FEES include Registration and Lecture, Course Materials, Skin care goody bags, Product sampling, Group Photograph, Snacks and Lunch and Certificate of Participation.

PARTICIPATION: Please confirm your participation by calling or whatsapp on 08034917464. Free gift for the first 20 to register.
DISCOUNTS: Participants referring 3 or more individuals will receive 10% discount off the fee.
You could also send an email to flawlessskinmanagers@gmail.com for more enquiries.
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by 1stLadyRobinho: 8:14pm On May 07, 2015
Hello Dolls, are u looking for that flawless fab glowing skin? add pin: 2BFFE36F
for 1stlady skincare customized toning creams, lightening creams, whitening creams

Half caste cream, Toning shower Gel,egyptian milk, snow white cream, morrocan milk, maintenance cream, Cuban glow cream, Dark knuckles/knees/elbow remover

Bridal glowing kit, Skin polisher, Dark Armpit eraser, Dark inner Thigh Eraser

pink lip magic balm, body scrubs and body butter, stretch mark remover, argan oil

Hot chocolate cream(for dark skinned ladies), lightening and whitening injectables and pills, exfoliating soaps, Sunburn eradicator(7days) acne remover, body polish etc STRICTLY HERBAL
GUARANTEED RESULTS FROM 7DAYS

add 1stlady:pin: 2BFFE36F

IG:1stladyskincare

whatsapp 07059900676 & 09027671957

Please like our page on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?fc=0&showPageSuggestions&id=169656663228927&_rdr

we also offer Skin Academy if u wanna be a PRO in skincare and be our own boss!!!
Re: Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado by fdmskincare: 12:31pm On May 31, 2015
Havin a beautiful skin doesn't necessary require a total complexion change, but nurturing the skin with every rightful need would award u dat youthful n sleek skin u deserve. At FDM skin care n therapeutical we not only grant u dat radiant skin u wish for but care for ur skin as well.
we have varieties of product of ur choice ranging from.

Whitening/lightening cream kit,
Brow sugar glow kit,
Ebony glow kit,
Lightening face cream kit,
Body/face moisturisers (noncomedogenic),
Face scrub,
Face cream for oily n dry face ,
Body scrub to exfoliate d skin,
Herbal black soap,
Lightening liquid soap ,
Glutathione soap,
Glutathione pills,
Beauty oil; gives u dat youthful n plumpy look enrich with vitamins ,Ahas n essential oils,
Stretch marks kit,
Treatment for dark knuckles/elbows/knees/ankles,
Treatment for sunburn/ Melasma,
Treatment for pimples n acne n discolouration,
Treatment for dark spot,
Topical vitamin c powder( l ascorbic)
Prevent ageing n nourishes d skin ,
Pimples extractor steel tool effective in removing (blackhead /white head/pustules n zit ),
Pimples powder,
Herbal Facial marks for oily face n pimples,
Face cleansers ,
After shave oil, prevent bumps n inflammation
Lactic acid 88% 240ml
Etc......
Note
All creams indicted with kit comes along with a face n body scrub n also a sample of d beuaty oil

Add us up on bb 2772A2FA
Or call or watapp us on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Claims Almost All Girls In Nigeria Have This Skirt / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / Why Do Ladies Like To Flip Their Polo And Allow It Hang On Their Waist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.