Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Huge,fat Or Big? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Huge,fat Or Big? (1155 Views)

Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Goodmorning everyone,

First of all,please mods I don't want this thread on the front page...

This my look silly but it's what it is...

All my life I've always been bigger than my age....

I've always tried to lose some weight but as soon as I drop a few pounds, I gain them back again...

Okkay, back to the gist...people have always described me as either fat, huge or big...

Is there really any difference between these three descriptions

If there is, what exactly is the difference and where exactly do I belong

I'm exactly 6ft tall, I don't know my weight because I'm scared of what the result will be....

Please, I would like mature and intelligent replies...Thank you
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by taryour(f): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2013
So where is the fat in all this pix above IMO you are very ok and good. You better don't injure yourself with what you hear people say abt you o and focus on being great in life. If you see a fat,huge or big person and stand beside them,then you will see the difference. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and see what beauty God has created you to be. Good luck
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Thank you....but take a look at the second pictuure, can you see my "christain mother" hand??

And maybe they term me all these because of my age...I'm 21

Orr maybe the pictures are deciieving, I wear size14
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2013
I was expecting to see a plus-sized lady, instead I see a size 10-12. MzBraide, there's nothing wrong with you. People are either pulling your leg, or you're pulling ours.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by akinloluwao: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2013
You are pefectly okay, dis is exactly how i want my wife to look like. Just keep it up.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2013
mzbraidebraide: Thank you....but take a look at the second pictuure, can you see my "christain mother" hand??

And maybe they term me all these because of my age...I'm 21

Orr maybe the pictures are deciieving, I wear size14

If you wear size 14, you wear the size perfectly. I personally thought you were smaller, more like a size 12. You don't look 6'0" in your pictures, but even at 5'10" your body type is in keeping with your height.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2013
You guys are makiing me feel weird..

I guess the pictures are confusing...

My mum says I'm fat, my sister says I'm not fat but I'm huge, my brother ssays I'm fat/huge...

Depending on the fabric of the dress I can wear size 12-14.

Amongst my friends I'm the biggest...I just need the harrd core truth..

I'm 6ft tall and I'm 21years..
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by greatgod2012(f): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2013
@op, are you sure you are not just looking for attention, because, i dont see anything wrong with these your pictures, seems to me that you just want attention.
Goodluck to you.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by greatgod2012(f): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2013
@op, have you ever seen a fat or huge woman before? If you have seen one, you wont regard yourself as fat or huge.

Once again, seems you need attention, and good, we are giving you.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2013
@siena, I once uused a crude method to check my height and it was 5"10"...we did it sseverally and then we took the average score which was 6ft..maybe, you are right, maybe I'm 5"10"...

Depending on the fabric and style of the dress I can wear size12...

I also forgot to mention I have huge feet...depending on the shoe I can wear 11W or 12..
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2013
@greatgod2012, if you read carefully I rrequested that I don't want the post on the front page..

I might be less busy but I'm certainly not seeking for attention...

Please go through the points I made...and look at my age...I know women are fat..

My mom always complain that I'm too young to be likke thiss, I'm not depressed about my size ooOOoO....

But what I hear everryday it's totally different from what I'm getting here...

Take a look at the second picture, can you see my "christain mother" hand?! They told me it's wrong for a woman to have it before childbirth..
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by donigspain(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2013
Sorry OP but I don't see anything distantly related to your descriptions (huge, fat or big).
You're just some typical Nigerian 'thick' (another term, huh?) lady.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2013
Your hand is big
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by EfemenaXY: 11:19am On Jul 23, 2013
mzbraidebraide: Goodmorning everyone,

This my look silly but it's what it is...

All my life I've always been bigger than my age....

I've always tried to lose some weight but as soon as I drop a few pounds, I gain them back again...

Okkay, back to the gist...people have always described me as either fat, huge or big...

Is there really any difference between these three descriptions

If there is, what exactly is the difference and where exactly do I belong

I'm exactly 6ft tall, I don't know my weight because I'm scared of what the result will be....

Please, I would like mature and intelligent replies...Thank you

I think the important question here to ask is: Why do people's opinion of your height/weight/shoe size/etc bother you in the first place? You are what you are and no one can take that from you.

Sounds to me that this goes beyond merely seeking opinions. You've got self-confidence issues that you need to work on. There are size zero models out there with the 'perfect' body, which many people here in the west would absolutely die for, and yet, these girls/models are the unhappiest people on earth with suicidal tendencies.

On the other end of the spectrum, you've got 'overweight/morbidly obese' people out there who are the happiest folks you'll come across. Their happiness is so infectious that it can't fail but to rub off on you.

Now note I put the words perfect and overweight/morbidly obese in quotes. Why? because perfection et al is subjective. What works for one person may not for the other. Some men love slim women, others love theirs with enough meat on the bone, something to grab onto especially while..... But let's keep men aside and concentrate on you.

You really do need to address your confidence issues, girl. Start by loving yourself then take it up from there. If you really do want to know if your weight is okay, then find out what your Body Mass Index (BMI) is. You calculate it by taking your height and dividing it by your weight.

I.e: BMI = Height (cm) / Weight (kg)

So you must get on that scale and find out exactly how much it is you weigh. Here's a link for further information: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

If after doing that, you feel you need to loose some weight, then get exercising girl! An early morning run when your body's metabolism is high would do you a lot of good. Eat healthily and indulge in a lot of exercise. Cut down on the carbohydrates (Eba, Pounded Yam, Akpu, palmoil laced soups, etc) and eat lots of green vegetables and fruits.

In addition to that, I think you really do need to get your mind busy. If you haven't already got a job, then better start looking for one. Get involved in activities to occupy your mind. I think you're idle hence you've got so much time to dwell negatively on yourself. You're a young girl. Mix/socialize with your friends, join a book club, go to the library, participate in your church's activities, visit an orphanage and help those who are disadvantaged, etc.

There is so much out there to do with your life. Don't waste it being an introvert or feeling unnecessarily sorry for yourself. Move with people who'll make you feel good. Ditch the 'friends' that make you feel bad. But most importantly, just continue being you and try to be happy.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by bellong: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Hey young girl, work on your self-esteem. Do not let opinions of people about what you have no control over rule your life. Your trouble is not about being fat but being disturbed about the personal opinions of people.

You need to grow a thick skin else, u end up blaming yourself. So quit this assessment exercise.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by EfemenaXY: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, are you sure you are not just looking for attention, with the way you are asking for this thread to be in FP, because, i dont see anything wrong with these your pictures, seems to me that you just want attention.
Goodluck to you.

Er , she actually asked for it not to make front page...
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Nothing do u, u are not 6ft, that's for sure. More like 5ft9 or 5ft10. For a woman u are tall and because u fill up nicely u look bigger than other women/girls. I like ur look, nothing to worry about.

mzbraidebraide: Goodmorning everyone,

greatgod2012: @op, are you sure you are not just looking for attention, with the way you are asking for this thread to be in FP, because, i dont see anything wrong with these your pictures, seems to me that you just want attention.
Goodluck to you.

Learn to read. People are too hasty to type and slander. Haba.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by greatgod2012(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Er , she actually asked for it not to make front page...

oh! Thank you, i think i missed that part. Thanks.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by EveryLadY(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2013
Hey OP, I think I have a little understanding of what u're talking about.Have a friend that looks huge.she is not fat,but she sure is bigger when compared to her mates and even older siblings. The fact is that she has a fat bone.I may not know the right terminology to explain this,but she has more bone and less flesh and she is big.so u may be in the same category.There is no point loosing weight.Just rock ur body the way it was created.Pay less attention to what people are saying,even family members.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by slimyem: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2013
I looked closely for huge, fat or big in the pictures you posted and I couldn't find.
Nothing wrong with your body. You better learn to love yourself the way you are.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by greatgod2012(f): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2013
Gaggi: Nothing do u, u are not 6ft, that's for sure. More like 5ft9 or 5ft10. For a woman u are tall and because u fill up nicely u look bigger than other women/girls. I like ur look, nothing to worry about.

Learn to read. People are too hasty to type and slander. Haba.

thank you for the correction, but you should have done it in a better and loving way. All the same, thanks, i missed the part and no one is beyond mistake.
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Pataki: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Attention everybody!!!
And everybody stood still.

Gal,speak out,what do u actually want or r u getting it already?

Proper marketing strategy. Well done gal.
*(Exist thread)*
Re: Huge,fat Or Big? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Your body mass correlates with your height!!!
Probably you move around with "small" people!!!
I see you might be kinda bulky for a 21yr old lady but that's by no means anything close to "huge/fat/big" in anyway!!
Love yourself the way you are.....and u will be okay!!!

What does ur Boyfriend think?

***waiting for your answer***

(1) (Reply)

My Fiance Has Kleptomania (stealing Sickness) I May Divource Her / The Second Child Palava / Invitation To All Nairalander In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.