Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife (27416 Views)

NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by IleIfe2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
“Ile- ife was created 10,000 years before the birth of Christ. Epeland was created in 1832, Agodoyo where Alaafin is was created in 1837.

Then how can anyone say it has existed before Ile-Ife. This is distortion of history and it should be stopped. We all belong to Ile-Ife and it will remain forever until God decides otherwise and by that time, none of us here will be around.”
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Oluwason(m): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
I dont think so, Ile-ife is not even upto 1000yrs.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by experimentist: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jesus is a Nigerian #fact

If u dnt believe it the click here ----»https://www.nairaland.com/1556403/short-story-day-dis-virgined-one
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Fool. Oduduwa was not sent down from heaven.

Oduduwa came from Igodomigodo (ancient name for Edo). He is the son of last Ogiso (meaning the king from the sky).

Know your history instead of fooling around

You see how you felt from that my statement.

We humans are naturally inconsiderate, I expect the Ooni to know better. He is ridiculing christianity, and when I in turn ridiculed his beliefs, see how you felt.

Whether its a fact or not, he ridiculed christians and was insensitive.

Anyway *the coming from heaven was what I was thought, blame my ignorant Yoruba teacher cheesy
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by IleIfe2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Promhize:

You see how you felt from that my statement.

We humans are naturally inconsiderate, I expect the Ooni to know better. He is ridiculing christianity, and when in turn ridiculed his beliefs, see how you felt.

Whether its a fact or not, he ridiculed christians and was insensitive.

He did not ridicule any religion. From your logic, any religion not up to 1000years old has been ridiculed for simply saying a geographical space existed before those religions were founded. Stop trying to take offence where there is none.

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by leggo: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

Meet the new generation of Africans.

He wants to slap his Monarch for the blue-eyed Jesus.
who is your monarch??
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Most of you here are illiterates. I believe if this had been said by a European or an America, you would have believed it.

3 Likes

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: Do you also believe that Jesus ascended to heaven?

Yes!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by leggo: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
i dont know why all this noise, was Jesus the beginning of mankind??
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
shollaire: Am more than sure the monarch would still have make a better point without having to mention Jesus.
If he disagree some historical date with his fellow obas, he should settle it with his people and stop dragging Jesus or Jewish history into the brawl.

I am sure you know what BC/AD means. Jesus was referenced in his speech as per dating. It is universal practice of dating. It is as simple as that.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by creativemusic: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by leggo: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Most of you here are illiterates. I believe if this had been said by a European or an America, you would have believed it.
it is people like you who actually worship the whites. must you drag them into any discourse?? drop the stale cliché
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Profkomolafe: He whosoever takes God 4 granted, God knows how to deal wit such people.... With due respect to ooni, REMEMBER HE IS THE BEGINING AND THE ENDING.
undecided
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by IleIfe2(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
leggo: i dont know why all this noise, was Jesus the beginning of mankind??

Abeg help me ask.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wow! Congratulations! But really,how does this matter in our present situation? I did my internship at Ife and i can tell u the place is acient! The ruins of the Modakeke/Ife crisis are still visible till date.The saving grace of Ife is the teaching hospital and OAU. Apart frm that,the town is boring and dry!
Now i ask,if a town has been so acient,why the backwardness? I even asked a friend of mine why Ife had a high number of mad people.(Sorry i cn't say his reply)
Its not about how far,Baba Oni,its about how well. Ife is still far from civilisation! *if it pains u,bite me*
and mind u,i lived there for one whole year at Lagere,Modakeke! I travelled to Lag every weekend i was not on call duty ,cos spending a weekend in Ife was a punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by fitzmayowa: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
I just dey observe
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by drdams: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
delikay4luv: i got u
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by basilo101: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
I dnt kia abt 10000 yrs ago, all i kia is 2013
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
After honorary doctorate award and ogogoro, what do you expect?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Shallangwamalik(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Only Egypt and Ethopia exIst when christ was born
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by donwhizkid(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pls... Hw can one post something on nairaland... I mean a TOPIC... Pls help am dearly in need of it
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by xtophy(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=xp17]Ile ife originated from bini.
[b]The exiled Prince Ekaladerhan who later formed Ile-Ife, somehow earned the title of Ooni (Oghene) at Ile-Ife and refused to return back to bini, then sent his son Oranmiyan to become king oba of bini. Prince Oranmiyan took up his abode in the palace built for him at Usama by the elders (now a coronation shrine). Soon after his arrival he married a beautiful lady, Erinmwinde, daughter of Osa-nego, was the ninth Enogie (Duke) of Ego, by whom he had a son. After some years residence here he called a meeting of the people and renounced his office, remarking that the country was a land of vexation, Ile-Ibinu (by which name the country was afterward known) and that only a child born, trained and educated in the arts and mysteries of the land could reign over the people. He caused his son born to him by Erinmwinde to be made King in his place, and returned to his native land, Ile-Ife. After some years in Ife, he left for Oyo, where he also left a son behind on leaving the place, and his son Ajaka ultimately became the first Alafin of Oyo of the present line, while Oranmiyan himself was reigning as Oni of Ife. Therefore, Oranmiyan of Ife, the father of Eweka I, the Oba of Benin, was also the father of Ajaka, the first Alafin of Oyo.[/b]
are u high or wat? Egbami oooooooooooooooooo, bobo yi ti yitan poo......am nt sure u're well
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
A lot of things existed before the birth of Jesus. The world didn't begin with the birth if Jesus wink
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Chaleeee: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi: Wow! Congratulations! But really,how does this matter in our present situation? I did my internship at Ife and i can tell u the place is acient! The ruins of the Modakeke/Ife crisis are still visible till date.The saving grace of Ife is the teaching hospital and OAU. Apart frm that,the town is boring and dry!
Now i ask,if a town has been so acient,why the backwardness? I even asked a friend of mine why Ife had a high number of mad people.(Sorry i cn't say his reply)
Its not about how far,Baba Oni,its about how well. Ife is still far from civilisation! *if it pains u,bite me*
and mind u,i lived there for one whole year at Lagere,Modakeke! I travelled to Lag every weekend i was not on call duty ,cos spending a weekend in Ife was a punishment.

You travel for weekends because you are bored and lonely not because the town is ancient.

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chaleeee:

You travel for weekends because you are bored and lonely not because the town is ancient.
Guy,have u lived there? If u have lived in Lagos and then relocated to Ife,u cld develop psychosis,ah swear!!! It got sooo bad that i had to go to campus even though i didn't know anyone there. Terrible,i must say! The school is the major high point in that town,gosh!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by oduaboy1: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Promhize:

Yes!
What's stopping you from believing that odudua also descended from the sky.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by oduaboy1: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi: Wow! Congratulations! But really,how does this matter in our present situation? I did my internship at Ife and i can tell u the place is acient! The ruins of the Modakeke/Ife crisis are still visible till date.The saving grace of Ife is the teaching hospital and OAU. Apart frm that,the town is boring and dry!
How does the story of your life correlate with the subject of discussion.?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Timijo(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
dr dams: www.vanguardngr.com
What does he want to bring out of this? Who created Ile-Ife?
JESUS!
Who created Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade?
JESUS!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by asala1: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ife (Yoruba: Ifè, also Ilé-Ifẹ̀) is an ancient
Yoruba city in south-western Nigeria.
Evidence of habitation at the site has been
discovered to date back to as early as 600
BCE. It is located in the present day Osun
State. Ife is about 218 kilometres (135 mi)
northeast of Lagos.[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by jantavanta(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lifebender:

was oramiyan living in forest then??do you know egypt is older than your country not to talk of ile ife..u're the one brainwashed cos all dis were just the fairy tales i heard from my granny wen i was a kid..and if u're sure,give us the proof and what to show of it..Get ur fact straight..

Black ancient Egypt (as the Greeks named Chem or Kermit) is merely a very big daughter of Black Ethiopia. We in Niger Area are a nucleus culture that has somewhat fallen, and there is a control on archaeological excavations in Nigeria to maintain a psycho-status quo .

These so-called holy books creation accounts could also be called written down grandma fairy tales. Actually, these creation stories originated from ancient Egyptian stories that have their root in Ifa creation stories. Ancient Egypt is simply the backdoor to Ile-Ife. We already knew that Obatala molded man out of clay and Olodumare gave the breath of life.

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: What's stopping you from believing that odudua also descended from the sky.

The thing is I don't just like the way he's ridiculing christianity. I choose not to believe because to me its not true and to him too, he chooses not to believe in christ.

We should just respect each others beliefs, instead of all these banters.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by meforyou1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Even oduduwa the prince of benin that created ile life is not up to 2,013yrs . oba distorting history while urging others not to.
If ile ife is 10,000BC old, then the great Aro in igboland is more than 1,000,000BC old then. Because we are far more civilised than yorubas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / Pictures From The Boat Regatta Held For Lagos@50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.