Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife (27422 Views)

NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by klax(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
xp17: Ile ife originated from bini.
[b]The exiled Prince Ekaladerhan who later formed Ile-Ife, somehow earned the title of Ooni (Oghene) at Ile-Ife and refused to return back to bini, then sent his son Oranmiyan to become king oba of bini. Prince Oranmiyan took up his abode in the palace built for him at Usama by the elders (now a coronation shrine). Soon after his arrival he married a beautiful lady, Erinmwinde, daughter of Osa-nego, was the ninth Enogie (Duke) of Ego, by whom he had a son. After some years residence here he called a meeting of the people and renounced his office, remarking that the country was a land of vexation, Ile-Ibinu (by which name the country was afterward known) and that only a child born, trained and educated in the arts and mysteries of the land could reign over the people. He caused his son born to him by Erinmwinde to be made King in his place, and returned to his native land, Ile-Ife. After some years in Ife, he left for Oyo, where he also left a son behind on leaving the place, and his son Ajaka ultimately became the first Alafin of Oyo of the present line, while Oranmiyan himself was reigning as Oni of Ife. Therefore, Oranmiyan of Ife, the father of Eweka I, the Oba of Benin, was also the father of Ajaka, the first Alafin of Oyo.[/b]

Prof. please where did you get this sort of twisted history? Please dont be offended are you alright or may I say did you justfinish drinking Alcohol Please dont take it personal what you've just posted was completely out of tune Mr Prof. get back to where you gotthis history from and do more research ok.

As per what Ooni said to me I dont see anything wrong in this because even google search established that Ile Ife was founded at around 600BC which is a lot of years back I'm not a Yoruba but with the little I had studied in relation to their history definately Ile Ife has be existing long long ago this is the truth. And I dont think Ooni had in anyway ridicule christainity he had just said what he knew and their should be no offence in that and if a good Bible Scholar is in the house you will agree with me that Ethiopia was mentioned as far as in book of Genesis Chapter 2 or Chapter 3 and Jesus was yet to be born in physical body then but the Ethiopia the land in African was mentioned in such earlier biblical Era soo it might likely be possible other part of Africa soil existed around that time as well.

Join me on
https://www.nairaland.com/1545988/nairalanders-customizing-2014
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Keneking: After honorary doctorate award and ogogoro, what do you expect?

Like ur father in the village tongue
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi: Wow! Congratulations! But really,how does this matter in our present situation? I did my internship at Ife and i can tell u the place is acient! The ruins of the Modakeke/Ife crisis are still visible till date.The saving grace of Ife is the teaching hospital and OAU. Apart frm that,the town is boring and dry!
Now i ask,if a town has been so acient,why the backwardness? I even asked a friend of mine why Ife had a high number of mad people.(Sorry i cn't say his reply)
Its not about how far,Baba Oni,its about how well. Ife is still far from civilisation! *if it pains u,bite me*
and mind u,i lived there for one whole year at Lagere,Modakeke! I travelled to Lag every weekend i was not on call duty ,cos spending a weekend in Ife was a punishment.

That's for u o.

I enjoyed my stay in Ife
It's not all modern with big city buildings but it's a lovely place to spend weekend.
Maybe u were only home sick
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: Please learn to read and comprehend before yearning opaks,,where did the oni claim that ile ife is the new york of africa the mornach only said that the ancient city has been existing long before the birth of Jesus christ.

Or are trying to tell us that africa had no inhabitants before the birth of jesus christ

Ignoramus!!!
My ''know it all'',why dn't u read a comment without bias,and understand it before hurrying to quote? I'm making my own opinion.If it hurts u soo much,pls kindly drink a cup of wet cement.Why are u getting all worked up? Cities and states which sprouted recently hv developed more than acient Ife. I made my own opinion that priorities should lie in development,not acient history. Who ever said i was disputing your Oni's claims? Pls get a mind of ur own.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by meforyou1(m): 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: Moro'n,your history teacher did a shoddy job.
Who the hell told you that oduduwa is the creator of ile ife.
oduduwa teacher, so pls what exactly die oduduwa teach? That oduduwa's10,000 yes older than jesus christ. Ok good for him. If ile life is actually 10,000BC old then where are the archeological facts? At least we see d walled city of China. Where is d walled city of life?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
jantavanta:

Black ancient Egypt (as the Greeks named Chem or Kermit) is merely a very big daughter of Black Ethiopia. We in Niger Area are a nucleus culture that has somewhat fallen, and there is a control on archaeological excavations in Nigeria to maintain a psycho-status quo .

These so-called holy books creation accounts could also be called written down grandma fairy tales. Actually, these creation stories originated from ancient Egyptian stories that have their root in Ifa creation stories. Ancient Egypt is simply the backdoor to Ile-Ife. We already knew that Obatala molded man out of clay and Olodumare gave the breath of life.

Abeg Bro, what's your source? I am interested.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
ceejayluv:
You've totally missed the point of the statement. What he's clamouring for is historical accuracy .

Guy, don't mind that girl, she just a woman, I imagine if nah North she go spend that one year, walahi, she no go get mouth to talk rubbish here

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by JustHector(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi: Wow! Congratulations! But really,how does this matter in our present situation? I did my internship at Ife and i can tell u the place is acient! The ruins of the Modakeke/Ife crisis are still visible till date.The saving grace of Ife is the teaching hospital and OAU. Apart frm that,the town is boring and dry!
Now i ask,if a town has been so acient,why the backwardness? I even asked a friend of mine why Ife had a high number of mad people.(Sorry i cn't say his reply)
Its not about how far,Baba Oni,its about how well. Ife is still far from civilisation! *if it pains u,bite me*
and mind u,i lived there for one whole year at Lagere,Modakeke! I travelled to Lag every weekend i was not on call duty ,cos spending a weekend in Ife was a punishment.
.Am guessing you have a m to the b to the b to the s like I do,been wondering since forever if I'd ever meet a 'friend' here.Nice!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

Oduduwa wasn't chased down he came consciously to create the earth

Maybe u ask satan ur father to teach u Yoruba history and spirituality

Bro, but do u really believe that oduduwa came from heaven(sky)?
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
ceejayluv:
You've totally missed the point of the statement. What he's clamouring for is historical accuracy .
No,YOU have entirely missed MY point.Do not be too quick to quote me without understanding my post.If u need clarification,let me know. I will not argue history with Oni,cos i'm totally in the dark in that area.My point is that he shld be interested in the way forward,not wallowing in the past! Get my point and stop contradicting urself!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Saklekplus:

Guy, don't mind that girl, she just a woman, I imagine if nah North she go spend that one year, walahi, she no go get mouth to talk rubbish here
My talk dey pain u? Bite me!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
JustHector: .Am guessing you have a m to the b to the b to the s like I do,been wondering since forever if I'd ever meet a 'friend' here.Nice!
smiley
Awwww. Actually,i did my ''internship'' not ''house job''...u get? Anyway,some peeps here are not so bad.Just maintain ur identity and u'll get friends u deserve. *winks*
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
leggo: i dont know why all this noise, was Jesus the beginning of mankind??

Abi o.
Because he made reference to Jesus doesn't mean anything.
Jesus lived 2000yrs ago
Ooni was trying to say Ile-Ife is more than 2000yrs old
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
donwhizkid: Pls... Hw can one post something on nairaland... I mean a TOPIC... Pls help am dearly in need of it

Go to the section u want to post on. You'll see "create topic" at the top of the page

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Shallangwamalik: Only Egypt and Ethopia exIst when christ was born

Somalia, Eritea, Sudan, Ile-Ife, Ijawland Swaziland, Libya also existed before Jesus
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by ceejayluv(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi:
No,YOU have entirely missed MY point.Do not be too quick to quote me without understanding my post.If u need clarification,let me know. I will not argue history with Oni,cos i'm totally in the dark in that area.My point is that he shld be interested in the way forward,not wallowing in the past! Get my point and stop contradicting urself!
Well, the issue of dilapidation and non-development is of another topic entirely. You could open a thread for that if it concerns you so much. you, like the other "defenders of Christ" that posted, are derailing the thread.

By the way, I just learned you're a Doc... Hmm... I kinda have a soft spot for female docs.. Hmm... Will be PM'ing you soon #winks#
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
ceejayluv:
Well, the issue of dilapidation and non-development is of another topic entirely. You could open a thread for that if it concerns you so much. you, like the other "defenders of Christ" that posted, are derailing the thread.
Wareva,mehn....acient town! Sheesh! Open a thread for wha..? Mbok no time! I hv more important things to discuss on my threads,not ghost towns..tienks and goodbye.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Promhize:

The thing is I don't just like the way he's ridiculing christianity. I choose not to believe because to me its not true and to him too, he chooses not to believe in christ.

We should just respect each others beliefs, instead of all these banters.

Ooni Sijuwade is Christian. But as a Yoruba king paganism must be ur proclaimed religious affiliation.

He used to be a pure Christian before he became Ooni

If u believe Jesus but disbelief Oduduwa then u don't deserve respect and are a complete hypocrite
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

Oduduwa wasn't chased down he came consciously to create the earth
W
Maybe u ask satan ur father to teach u Yoruba history and spirituality

You are a shame to traditional beliefs and way of life.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
ceejayluv:

By the way, I just learned you're a Doc... Hmm... I kinda have a soft spot for female docs.. Hmm... Will be PM'ing you soon #winks#
*frowns*.....i'm a chemical pathologist by the way,not a Doc.
Do not PM me,or i will strangle u!
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by JustHector(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi:
smiley
Awwww. Actually,i did my ''internship'' not ''house job''...u get? Anyway,some peeps here are not so bad.Just maintain ur identity and u'll get friends u deserve. *winks*
Lol..that's ok.Thanks a lot..I'll watch out for you..thanks again.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by oduaboy1: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi:
My ''know it all'',why dn't u read a comment without bias,and understand it before hurrying to quote? I'm making my own opinion.If it hurts u soo much,pls kindly drink a cup of wet cement.Why are u getting all worked up? Cities and states which sprouted recently hv developed more than acient Ife. I made my own opinion that priorities should lie in development,not acient history. Who ever said i was disputing your Oni's claims? Pls get a mind of ur own.
What a load of sanctimonious verbiage!!!....i know you have a penchant for shooting off topic.Learn to read and digress before rushing to display your unbridled idiocy with moronic comments.

The thread was all about the oni of ife voicing out concerns about the distortion of ife history and you brought discrepancies and irrelevancies into the discourse by telling us about the village you went to in osun state.....You should be more pertubed about your gully erosion ravaged land in the southeast where every able bodied men are fleeing from.

Arrant nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
me_for_you: Even oduduwa the prince of benin that created ile life is not up to 2,013yrs . oba distorting history while urging others not to.
If ile ife is 10,000BC old, then the great Aro in igboland is more than 1,000,000BC old then. Because we are far more civilised than yorubas

Such ignorance.

Oduduwa is not any bini prince, how can he be bini prince when there wasn't bini until Oranmiyan helped the igodo people?

Oduduwa is not the one that established Ile-Ife
Oduduwa was just a Great king, the beginning of a new era, like Oranmiyan began a new era for igodo people.

Ile-Ife has over 6000 yrs of human activities
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by oduaboy1: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
me_for_you: oduduwa teacher, so pls what exactly die oduduwa teach? That oduduwa's10,000 yes older than jesus christ. Ok good for him. If ile life is actually 10,000BC old then where are the archeological facts? At least we see d walled city of China. Where is d walled city of life?
Please improve on your english,i don't understand the garbage you wrote up there

You must be a product of failed schools like IMSU and ANSU
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: What a load of sanctimonious verbiage!!!....i know you have a penchant for shooting off topic.Learn to read and digress before rushing to display your unbridled idiocy with moronic comments.

The thread was all about the oni of ife voicing out concerns about the distortion of ife history and you brought discrepancies and irrelevancies into the discourse by telling us about the village you went to in osun state.....You should be more pertubed about your gully erosion ravaged land in the southeast where every able bodied men are fleeing from.

Arrant nonsense!!!
Hahahahah! Pls someone get an ambulance! We have a case of heart attack! Guy u better watch ur blood pressure ooo,my hand no dey! See emotion! I don hit nerve sha. Toodles:
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by onuwaje(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs: ..and so? was there no Africa before the birth of Jesus?
grin grin

Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by GentleMimi: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
JustHector: Lol..that's ok.Thanks a lot..I'll watch out for you..thanks again.
Sure,brotherly,anytime.
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
mbatuku2: This guy dey craze? When did Oduduwa arrive Ife? Even Nri dynasty which is oldest kingdom in Nigeria claims 9th century A.D. Instead of talking about Lead City Uni, he's there yarning lies.

It's ur father that is crazy
Oduduwa arrived at Ife in the 11th century

Ile-Ife was already existing before Oduduwa came.

Over 90 chiefs ruled Ife before Oduduwa
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by ceejayluv(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
GentleMimi:
*frowns*.....i'm a chemical pathologist by the way,not a Doc.
Do not PM me,or i will strangle u!
Too late, sent already.....
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
me_for_you: oduduwa teacher, so pls what exactly die oduduwa teach? That oduduwa's10,000 yes older than jesus christ. Ok good for him. If ile life is actually 10,000BC old then where are the archeological facts? At least we see d walled city of China. Where is d walled city of life?

Go and do ur research.

Evidence of live on Ile-Ife dating far back as 3000BC exist
Oral history states Ile-Ife is over 6000 yrs.

The building still standing in Ile-Ife are over 1500yrs

Many unearthed human equipments dating 600BC have been found in ile-Ife
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
ontarian:

Abeg Bro, what's your source? I am interested.

go and do ur research and stop asking him his source
Re: Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife by macof(m): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
ontarian:

Bro, but do u really believe that oduduwa came from heaven(sky)?

No. I believe Oduduwa came from space not heaven or sky.
The sky wasn't even created when Oduduwa came.

Note: I have two Oduduwa
1. Historical and Political
2. Spirituality and creation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / Pictures From The Boat Regatta Held For Lagos@50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.