Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage (24481 Views)

Diva Fight! Tonto Dikeh Blast Toyin Lawini For Stealing Her Man / Tonto Dike Curses At Senators Over Child Marriage / You Are Shit Heads From Hell - Nonso Diobi/tonto Dikeh Blast Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Ahhah! I tire for Nigerians oh! They are never satisfied! They will live their own life and attempt to help you live yours too. So, I don't dig Tonto Dike but i commend her for airing her opinion against Child marriage.... she at least used her shorthand grammar and 'razzness' to fight for the right cause...Where are all the other POSH celebrities with their perfect grammar?....
I wonder ooo!
I guess one's diction is more important than where one's heart is.

Some people are just bigots, they will always find a need to say how a particular type of people or person is better than another.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:
If that tweet wasn't serious enough for you, then damn!
"There is a time and place for everything"- You know she made that post on twitter right?? Wouldn't the word count limit on a tweet explain the need for abbreviations??
Apart from grammatical errors, that post was befitting for twitter. Anyone that has watched Tonto Dikeh in an interview would know that she isn't the most fluent English speaker.

As long as they both achieve the same result, the approach in this case should be the least of your worries.

It wasn't a tweet. It was a post on Facebook, where, to my knowledge, there aren't any character limitations. Any more excuses for her frequently lousy use of English? Typos are forgiveable. I dnt c n e tin srs n dis kain uv typn snc she as 2 use ha brain 2 typ bckwrd lyk dat.

If she can use her brain to type in shorthand, then she can use that same brain to type coherent sentences, most especially for an issue like this. That's my point. Even if one was oblivious as to the pasts of Stella Damasus and Tonto Dikeh, people would rather rally behind Stella because of how she came across. No one wants to back someone typing like an illiterate, except maybe fellow illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tonto dicke ma sweet girl. Thumps up
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Fadelex(m): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
another desperate idiiot looking for redemption of her gone image, how dare you call people that are old enough to be your grandpa (e.g uche chukwumerije) stupid? I don't blame you, you lacked academic, moral, societal and basic education... go and meet your fellow mofo (Stella), tell her majority of Nigerians have known the fact that the senate never legalized child marriage, they only seek to remove d clause that recognize all married lady as of 'full age' regardless of their age... both of you can continue to dance naked in market square and display your foolishness to the entire world to see... baaastard pikin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: This particular message she is passing across in the 'NAIJA' context requires no big grammar. There are so many people in Naija who would understand Tonto's shorthand better than the BIG GRAMMAR you so desire. Believe me Ogugua...If you were to be paired with Tonto to go to a village in Nigeria; to lecture Villagers on the dangers of Child marriage... They will listen to Tonto and not you coz sometimes its not about diction or grammar; its about GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS...Majority of the people who give their young daughters out in Marriage are not literate so your BIG GRAMMAR is wasted on them..

#Pass The Message Across and Make sure It gets To The Right People...Simple!

If she took that to the village, of the villagers that can read, how many can interpret what she wrote?

Writing well doesn't necessarily equivocate big or unfamiliar words. Maybe they taught you and others to type English with numbers and made up acronyms or shorter versions of words. That wasn't how I was taught. And for those who can read in the village, they weren't taught that way either.

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Ejyks: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
una wan kill tonto pls im begging on her behalf. but mumu no good o! she piece me off
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
M
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

This particular message she is passing across in the 'NAIJA' context requires no big grammar. There are so many people in Naija who would understand Tonto's shorthand better than the BIG GRAMMAR you so desire. Believe me Ogugua...If you were to be paired with Tonto to go to a village in Nigeria; to lecture Villagers on the dangers of Child marriage... They will listen to Tonto and not you coz sometimes its not about diction or grammar; its about GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS...Majority of the people who give their young daughters out in Marriage are not literate so your BIG GRAMMAR is wasted on them..

#Pass The Message Across and Make sure It gets To The Right People...Simple!
May you live long!

Ogugua needs to spend more time in Nigeria to know that @ least 70% of Nigerians cannot speak or understand fluent English.
A big percentage of that 70% understand and use mostly slangs (young people)
At the end of the day, she has passed a message across to a larger group.

Chikena!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
People like Tonto Dikeh have been able to remain celebrities because they have a market. There are groups of people that relate to them and is in love with what they represent.

I think it's so ridiculous that one will throw away the true point of that message just to pick on frivolities like diction or how razz the message depicts her to be.
"Razzness" has a market in Nigeria.

Are we to dismiss illiterates in a fight like this?? Are we to dismiss the huge amount of people that talk like Tonto Dikeh in Nigeria?? Isn't "illiteracy the true reason anyone will even support such a bill"?
In a situation like this, where petitions and the populations cry depict the turn of event, focusing on a particular group of people is stup1d. Illiterates should also be aware of what is going on Nigeria, and be educated on what they can do to prevent it.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sweetlemon: May you live long!

Ogugua needs to spend more time in Nigeria to know that @ least 70% of Nigerians cannot speak or understand fluent English.

Chikena!

You give views when it comes to American affairs as if you've been there, but when it comes to Nigeria, I need to spend more time there to know? Please.

Many don't speak English and more are refusing their native dialects, so what exactly do people speak apart from pidgin? Is alpha-numeric shorthand now a language?

What she typed is not English, not pidgin, and not a native tongue. The gesture is appreciated, but not everyone wishes to swallow the mediocrity that comes along with it. Maybe Terry G will release his own. I hope you'll back his cowbells and hollering then.

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sweetlemon:
May you live long!

Chikena!
She doesn't need to be in Nigeria to understand sh1t.

The best way to reach people is to create a common ground. Create an avenue where they can see that you're just like them and the best way to reach someone is by communicating. If my choice of words can make a certain type of people listen to my message, why should I tweak it a lil to achieve my aim?

If i was to go to the inner cities in America to encourage young black people to apply to college, there's a way I would speak to reach my audience. A lil "ebonics" injected in my speech will help keep the attention of my audience.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:

She doesn't need to be in Nigeria to understand sh1t.

The best way to reach people is to create a common ground. Create an avenue where they can see that you're just like them and the best way to reach someone is by communicating. If my choice of words can make a certain type of people listen to my message, why should I tweak it a lil to achieve my aim?

If i was to go to the inner cities in America to encourage young black people to apply to college, there's a way I would speak to reach my audience. A lil "ebonics" injected in my speech will help keep the attention of my audience.

Mitt Romney tried the bolded and failed severally, but be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
The same Tonto Dikeh that you all claim can't write or speak well will be the first to remind you that she has a degree in petroleum engineering when you call her daft. Bear that in mind. Audience or not, she can't string sentences together. As a degree holder, that's appalling.

Stella is well-read. She doesn't have to tell me she has a degree for me to know that. The same English you claim people don't understand is what she spoke, and her own message was passed, so wetin again?

Maybe some of you are okay with mediocrity. Some of us aren't. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

Mitt Romney tried the bolded and failed severally, but be my guest.
What I don't like is when people feign ignorance. Girl, you know damn sure why Mitt Romney is going to be looked at a certain kind of way.

BTW, I already do that. Plus I have volunteered at Boys and Girls club for over 3yrs, so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:
What I don't like is when people feign ignorance. Girl, you know damn sure why Mitt Romney is going to be looked at a certain kind of way.

BTW, I already to do that. Plus I have volunteered at Boys and Girls club for over 3yrs, so I know what I'm talking about.

Osondi owendi. If you speak Ebonics or dumbed down English to relate to African Americans, then that's your cup of tea. I don't see how they'd benefit from that in the long run, especially when they're adults and on their own in a society that doesn't speak such.

3 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:

If that tweet wasn't serious enough for you, then damn!
"There is a time and place for everything"- You know she made that post on twitter right?? Wouldn't the word count limit on a tweet explain the need for abbreviations??
Apart from grammatical errors, that post was befitting for twitter. Anyone that has watched Tonto Dikeh in an interview would know that she isn't the most fluent English speaker.

As long as they both achieve the same result, the approach in this case should be the least of your worries.

Facebook not twitter. So that cancels this point!
Jury, please strike this from the record!
Counsel for defense, you may continue.grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
tchidi:

Facebook not twitter. So that cancels this point!
Jury, please strike this from the record!
Counsel for defense, you may continue.grin
LMAO!! This has me cracking up....

Another Tonto Dikeh hater?? Una go tire grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

Osondi owendi. If you speak Ebonics or dumbed down English to relate to African Americans, then that's your cup of tea. I don't see how they'd benefit from that in the long run, especially when they're adults and on their own in a society that doesn't speak such.
They stay in school!
SMH..... Go back a few posts and read, "I haff tire for ur nonsense". undecided

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by inosend: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
By the way, tonto dikeh should stop her rape of the moral values still clinging to the hearts of our young girls by trying to be a role, and not roll, model. Afterall, a sauce for the goose is a sauce for the gander.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by lacosteIII(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
LoLzxzx... Tonto ride on, i love u...
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Uniquexty(f): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:
People like Tonto Dikeh have been able to remain celebrities because they have a market. There are groups of people that relate to them and is in love with what they represent.

I think it's so ridiculous that one will throw away the true point of that message just to pick on frivolities like diction or how razz the message depicts her to be.
"Razzness" has a market in Nigeria.

Are we to dismiss illiterates in a fight like this?? Are we to dismiss the huge amount of people that talk like Tonto Dikeh in Nigeria?? Isn't "illiteracy the true reason anyone will even support such a bill"?
In a situation like this, where petitions and the populations cry depict the turn of event, focusing on a particular group of people is stup1d. Illiterates should also be aware of what is going on Nigeria, and be educated on what they can do to prevent it.
you need a hug.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by ikayidimz(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
She got no brain @ all......openenin ur legs to make money does nt mean yu'll bring dt same brain here to fool urself....I beg dis gurl no count @ all.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by mayowaeh: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
IN all Vocabulary or Tenses should not be basis of acceptability of someone write up, English no be our Language na Englishman way to Enslave us for the rest of our life.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Eeja Nla01: D girl is being pained,she just carry frustration on d senators.

LOL
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by ebimoye(f): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
A round of applause 4 tonton. She really tried on this 1.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

Take it easy on my Tonto Dike. I like her the very way she is. She is pretty much smart, intelligent and talented.

You are judging her from a distance, but I can assure, when you happen, if ever, to meet her in person, you will probably congratulate her for the strides in life and miles she has covered to become an object of envy by faceless chatters and netizens of many blogs. She is crazily unique, beautifully designed by mother nature, and sexually discombobulating.

It's best not to throw stones when you are living in glass houses, so people like me wont personalize the battle.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Temptee101(m): 12:31am On Jul 31, 2013
free2ryhme: ok ooo
You are definitely high on something stronger than alcohol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gandhi Jayanti Essay Article In Hindi Tamil Telugu English Marathi / Tekno Donates N200,000 To Donald Nwosu, A Cancer Patient / Davido Reveals Dammy Krane Co-wrote 'pere' Ft Young Thug And Rae Sremmund Hook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.