Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage (24487 Views)

Diva Fight! Tonto Dikeh Blast Toyin Lawini For Stealing Her Man / Tonto Dike Curses At Senators Over Child Marriage / You Are Shit Heads From Hell - Nonso Diobi/tonto Dikeh Blast Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by oliidell(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88: The comparison is fair. The issue at hand is a serious one. Stella released an emotional and well-conceived video. Tonto Dikeh released a statement using shorthand vocabulary. I don't see any seriousness or thought in her writing.

Ogugua, there is no basis for comparism. Stella is way up there. Tonto dey fall person hand with her utterances. This one, though poorly expressed, managed to make sense. It's good to know she hasn't lost it totally.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Siraleeyu(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Shamless actress or is it celebrity,
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Not everybody can be elegant and eloquent at the same time. Let's let the girl off the gallows for now since she's making sense now. That she's making sense is all that matters as we are all fighting a common enemy.
Her ratings have raised a notch in my own books sha, because the other eloquent celebs and even women in power are still keeping quiet.
Mzansi!
The important thing is that she wrote from her heart
Tonto, u do well kiss
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

When will she come out against bleaching creme and the African mentality?
grin grin
I may lead the campaign against bleaching
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by paparazzi1987(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Omo_barca: first positive post on tonto dike since I joined nairaland
U ARE DAMN RIGHT
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by azyaq(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
JIGHU: tonto dike is the biggest fool....all these follow follow steps? She does not even have a clue what happened in the senate and opens her gutters to spew rubbish......go and seek understanding of the amendment not bill or law , am sure you have never read the Nigerian Constitution
God bless u
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Shollypopz: Nigerians are never satisfied, never!

Y'all making fun of her diction should get a life. This is Tonto's style, her brand, she shouldn't and doesn't hv to be or pretend to be like anyone else.

Among many other celebrities, she's one of the few to show support.
Women! Always quick to hate on each other, if her post dey pain you, drink bleach.

Sweetlemon:

Not everybody can be elegant and eloquent at the same time. Let's let the girl off the gallows for now since she's making sense now. That she's making sense is all that matters as we are all fighting a common enemy.
Her ratings have raised a notch in my own books sha, because the other eloquent celebs and even women in power are still keeping quiet.

A serious issue warrants a serious response. When help or relief for natural disasters and/or crises is being asked, even the most rugged of actors and musicians will polish themselves and ask for public assistance and involvement. Because she types like an illiterate for branding purposes doesn't mean she should appear as an illiterate for such an issue. The issue at hand is bigger than her brand. There's a time and place for everything.

3 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
wtf IS POKO!!! angry
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Gudintent: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Is it only me that reads Tonto Dikeh as Toto dike

undecided
Just can't take that name serious
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Tdigitalal(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
at least she don speak her own mind. Ur critics cannot stop her from speaking her mind the she sabi
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by ignis: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Wow, so Tonto can say reasonable thing like this.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by kundul: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
It is gurls lyk u dt mk dis guys 2 luk into under age marriage n I c reason wit dem abegeee shut up!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
tellwisdom: Tonto now a senator??...Which district?? sad
marijuana east senatorial district
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by NonsoB: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
Blazinraj01: coolIf they married her off at a young age, that would make Nigeria less of one nuisance cool

OMG, I didn't just say that lipsrsealed

Jezz can't stop laughing... Mehn u wicked o
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88: The comparison is fair. The issue at hand is a serious one. Stella released an emotional and well-conceived video. Tonto Dikeh released a statement using shorthand vocabulary. I don't see any seriousness or thought in her writing.

I thought I was the only one that saw the shorthand she used...........just passing......gala gala, call me pure water.....
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Whynow(m): 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
I need to blast something in Nigeria, so i can front page on Nairaland. Seun take note angry
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
ignis: Wow, so Tonto can say reasonable thing like this.
wat diff dies it mk , wen she started her's at age 7.

[size=18pt]maybe d smaller girlz go come dey spoil business 4 dem[/size]
very soon karen igho wud bring her own verson.

she just want public recognition . datz all
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by MackyNene(f): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
You are a True Nigerian. You are Broad-Thinker...See Tonto and guidance oohh..mmtttcchheeww
utumunta: Madam, FYI that law has been in existence before you were born. It did not just come into force. The senate only sought an amendment to it, but it was defeated.
We expect ladies like you that have thrown all decency and decorum to the wind, thereby debasing womanhood, to know that your actions and inactions has to a large extent contributed to teen prostitution and pregnancy, cos a lot of kids copy you. I make bold to submit that the difference between you(and your likes) and Yerima is like that of six and half dozen. There are many under sixteen Tonto Dikeh 'wanna-be'. Have you ever sat down to ask yourself what/who is it that these kids 'wanna-be'?
While we applaud your actions in condemning the senate, we urge you to turn a new leaf and miseducate our daughters less.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lovebond34: Woaw..so ur brain still av space....ah tot u ar senseless....kudos

aaha...cnt stp lafin dis gal lyk trobo welwel ooo,atlist i support u 4diz 1..THUMBS UP 4U
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Edunwa302(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lovebond34: Woaw..so ur brain still av space....ah tot u ar senseless....kudos
Hahahahaha nairalanders una no go kill me
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Edipee(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
tellwisdom: Tonto now a senator??...Which district?? sad
you be Mumu?
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by tjfulloption(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
grin cheesy SENATOR TONTO DIKEH in actiongrin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by tantita(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
NonsoB: [img]http://1.bp..com/-LE3AoXDzfYY/Ue8I59O1YOI/AAAAAAAAMgM/DClb7pOVCWo/s400/Tonto-Dike.jpg[/img]

Nollywood actress cum singer Tonto Dikeh, like other actresses (Omotola Monalisa Chinda, and Stella damascus), shared her thoughts via facebook on the controversial child marriage law recently approved by the Senators.

Below is a caption of her post on her facebook page

[img]http://3.bp..com/-J4bFNTfEG8A/Ue8LjgygY-I/AAAAAAAAMgc/QKrVTbihNvw/s400/image.aspx.jpg[/img]

http://www.gistmetro.com/2013/07/tonto-dikeh-senators-are-mumus-olodos.html
...I've always had a strong conviction dt Tonto dyck-head ..sowie dikeh is NT as stupid as thy usually give her credit for.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by free2ryhme: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
NonsoB: [img]http://1.bp..com/-LE3AoXDzfYY/Ue8I59O1YOI/AAAAAAAAMgM/DClb7pOVCWo/s400/Tonto-Dike.jpg[/img]

Nollywood actress cum singer Tonto Dikeh, like other actresses (Omotola Monalisa Chinda, and Stella damascus), shared her thoughts via facebook on the controversial child marriage law recently approved by the Senators.

Below is a caption of her post on her facebook page

[img]http://3.bp..com/-J4bFNTfEG8A/Ue8LjgygY-I/AAAAAAAAMgc/QKrVTbihNvw/s400/image.aspx.jpg[/img]

http://www.gistmetro.com/2013/07/tonto-dikeh-senators-are-mumus-olodos.html

Na too much igbo wey you smoke dey cuase this one ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

A serious issue warrants a serious response. When help or relief for natural disasters and/or crises is being asked, even the most rugged of actors and musicians will polish themselves and ask for public assistance and involvement. Because she types like an illiterate for branding purposes doesn't mean she should appear as an illiterate for such an issue. The issue at hand is bigger than her brand. There's a time and place for everything.
If that tweet wasn't serious enough for you, then damn!
"There is a time and place for everything"- You know she made that post on twitter right?? Wouldn't the word count limit on a tweet explain the need for abbreviations??
Apart from grammatical errors, that post was befitting for twitter. Anyone that has watched Tonto Dikeh in an interview would know that she isn't the most fluent English speaker.

As long as they both achieve the same result, the approach in this case should be the least of your worries.

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by ORAFA(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Guys follow this link and see a CONFIRMATION that Tonto is a mad and senseless girl. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=401012640004410&id=185712808201062&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5906472500789185123%3Amf_story_key.5831639767762881812
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Ahhah! I tire for Nigerians oh! They are never satisfied! They will live their own life and attempt to help you live yours too. So, I don't dig Tonto Dike but i commend her for airing her opinion against Child marriage.... she at least used her shorthand grammar and 'razzness' to fight for the right cause...Where are all the other POSH celebrities with their perfect grammar?....

Don't mind them!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Don't mind them!
Make Mr Ibu catch u
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by nydraps(m): 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Abu Mikey: Tonto has returned to her senses oooo.
Somebody shout hallelyahhhhhhh
cheesycheesy
alleluyah
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Ashabie(f): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Am not sure she did,its not her official page,she's not on facebook nor on blackberry,she only has a twitter handle.tho am not her fan but am sure she can't reason that way,lailai.guess some impostor are behind that.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Blast Senators Over Child Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Shollypopz:

If that tweet wasn't serious enough for you, then damn!
"There is a time and place for everything"- You know she made that post on twitter right?? Wouldn't the word count limit on a tweets explain the need for abbreviations??
Apart from grammatical errors, that post was befitting for twitter. Anyone that has watched Tonto Dikeh in an interview would know that she isn't the most fluent English speaker.

As long as they both achieve the same result, the approach in this case should be the least of your worries.
Thank you!
Bob Marley spoke in "rasta" language all the time. Yet he was an avid preacher of peace.
Listen to the message, not the messenger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Tours Kenya, Visits Kenyan Park (pics, Videos) / How Bisi Komolafe Initially Escaped Death / 'you Brought This On Yourself' - Nollywood Filmmaker Tells Mercy Aigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.