Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? (16434 Views)

She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / Don't Ever Think Of Marrying A Lady Thats Above 30,she Will Never Be Loyal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by 1Music2luv(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2008
Hi Guys, Intelligence & Smartness is what takes me off my feet in ladies.

Recently i met a girl that has all these stuffs,
we started dating, but the problem is that she is still young, she's 18yrs old. I actually wanted a relationship that will lead to marriage. But i found myself dating her, we are in luv wit each other.

The issue is , do u think this will work out ? do you think this can lead to marriage? or should i wait for while b4 talking of that? Should i continue to encourage her or Quit?

I'm confused.
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 26, 2008
Personally, i think the age gap is too much, 12 years? but love is blind sha
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by holythug(m): 1:38pm On May 26, 2008
as long as u both want each other . . .apart from love to me what really matters is understanding
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by welli(f): 1:42pm On May 26, 2008
holythug:

as long as you both want each other . . .apart from love to me what really matters is understanding

u tuk this out of my mind.SENSE!
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by holythug(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2008
1st time a NLander is makin a good comments on me. . .halleluyah
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by welli(f): 1:55pm On May 26, 2008
hahahha.more of first time u re making sense on nairaland cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by frank316(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2008
u dont need nairalanders to tell you what is right or wrong.

in this case, the choice is yours, an eighteen year old girl is matured enof to know what she wants, as long as she wants you despite your age, why are u worried.

she should be the one posting this and not you. or is she complaining? cant you handle her because she is so young? what exactly is ur problem?
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by tngtech(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2008
as long there is understanding.
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 26, 2008
poster: shocked shocked shocked shocked
I would not want my 18 year old daughter to marry a 30 year old man. . .no offense
But good luck sha
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by achinu(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2008
she still has some growing up to do ma guy!!
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:20pm On May 26, 2008
Getting married isn't the problem embarassed, it is the willingness and

ability to be able to cope after the marriage, smiley

U both must be ready to make a lot of sacrifices and be

extremly patient and accommodating,

Well all the best in Ur final decision. cool
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Raimond(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2008
At 18, if she has attained mental maturity,i don`t think it should be a problem, you can work things out, and things will always work out.All the best
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2008
I don't kno why i don't kno what to say undecided
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by elizabetta(f): 3:32pm On May 26, 2008
It depends on the both of you
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Godalone(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2008
My wife was a little bit above 18 years when i married her and she was very matured at that age.Age is very minor when it comes to marriage but being matured matters
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 26, 2008
Godalone:

My wife was a little bit above 18 years when i married her and she was very matured at that age.Age is very minor when it comes to marriage but being matured matters
I have to agree with that wink
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Cayon(f): 2:04am On May 27, 2008
age is just a number lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Akinagirl(f): 6:23am On May 27, 2008
Well, she is 18, she is of legal age, why not. But, why can you not find a girl closer to your age, maybe for more of the same experiance? But, if that is what you both want, go for it. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by 702: 11:35pm On May 27, 2008
oh yes sure u cud marry her! just take ur time wiv her mayb until she's like 21!
We knw 18 @ dis info age kinda know wassup, but still give her tym! NO RUSH IN LYF!!
Age gap of 12 is not terribly bad tz ok as far as u guyz gotta mutual understandin'!
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 27, 2008
Cayon:

age is just a number lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
That was then
This is now. . .
Age contributes to many problems. . .crime, health, etc. . . cool
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by omoovie(f): 11:44pm On May 27, 2008
NOOO you pedohouse reject!!

Ok that was a bit harsh sorry.

My point is, she's too young. Give her a bit of time to really explore who SHE is then maybe reconsider when she's @ least 25. At 30 yrs I expect you would have been with every type of woman. She however is untried. I was there just a relationship ago (me 19, him 29). Due to that relationship I've sworn off Naija men for a long while. Trust me. Lay off her. She's still a child and you are a full grown adult and this relationship borders on pedophilia. Stick with somenone closer to your age or within your age group (25 - 32 bracket). When you were 11 them just dey consider am.
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by eldee(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2008
omoovie:

NOOO you pedohouse reject!!
How is he a pedo?
Are they not both adults?
Think of it like this, if she were 30 and him 50
What's the big thing there?

@frank
If you feel she's ur rib, and she's willing to kick it
Then the ball is in your halfcourt
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by madamkoko: 11:55pm On May 27, 2008
age is NOT "nothing" but a number. I think that at 18 a gal has not gained adequate life expereinces and life expereinces matter, for you, for the marriage, for perception, and most importantly for her children, How can someone truly "train"her children if she is a child herself or for that matter has not had too many life experiences,

If you loved her, I would recommend to give her more time, at least wait till 21, for her to expereince life more. grin grin
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 27, 2008
madamkoko:

age is NOT "nothing" but a number.
Thanks for that clarification jare
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by henry007(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2008
imagine some ridiculous comments, i hope u're not paying attention 2 some 18th century bullshyt excuses; my advice is go ahead nothing do u jare ahah please i'm trying sef 2 accept dat of 60 and 15 and u're here asking please start sending out invitations jare if i recall kanu nwankwo married his wife at 18, how old was he??
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by madamkoko: 12:07am On May 28, 2008
henry007 i actually think that marrying young is 18th century and women choosing to marry later is more of a 21st centruy phenomenon. Because they go to school, have careers and what not.
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by eldee(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2008
To think
madamkoko:

age is NOT "nothing" but a number. I think that at 18 a girl has not gained adequate life expereinces and life expereinces matter, for you, for the marriage, for perception, and most importantly for her children, How can someone truly "train"her children if she is a child herself or for that matter has not had too many life experiences,

If you loved her, I would recommend to give her more time, at least wait till 21, for her to expereince life more. grin grin
What's the difference between an 18year old and a 21 year old? 3years
He said he saw her intelligence, that should give her the ability to make her choices

About her chidren, She'll prolly not be a mum till she's 21
She doesn't need to face the tough stage till she's 24 or sumn
And believe me, responsibility brings out the best in some people.
It's now medically advised to have your kids early, and then grow up looking sexy at 30's to 60's
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by henry007(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2008
well u have a point there but anything that's bizzare in this century is considered as something of the old u get? i'm expecting people 2 take it as somthing normal and not the archaic thing the old school thing. he shldn't listen 2 people who think a 12 yr gap is old school
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by 702: 12:20am On May 28, 2008
i quite agree wiv u dat itz good 2 marry early!!

If she cud handle it @ 18, nufin stops her, !!! that's his package n he shud knw wassup!!!
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by abasifo(m): 12:35am On May 28, 2008
come
ON

Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

is ALL ABOUT

LOVE
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 12:37am On May 28, 2008
Wetin be love again? Bros, it's not all abt Love. If you ppl still believe in that concepts no wonder we now have increasing divorce cases worldwide. Loff ko loaf ni
Re: I'm 30, She's 18 Can I Marry Her? by Sodgi(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2008
Do you have to come here to get an answer to your stupid question, why not approach the gurls family and see if there in support of your adventure. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Demands Payment As Lover Dumps Her After 9 Years / Nigerian Lady Gang Beaten In A Hotel After Hiding A Used Condom In Her Vagina / Secrets That Can End Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.