Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation (19455 Views)

Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications / Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
oscar pad: I stil dont understand y d non muslims are empty headed, even wit d law being passed by d senate, is it mandatory to grant ur child as a bride at ur own displeasure? Of course no, it is a matter of choice. Is either u accept or u reject any offer of such

once upon a time, there was a little girl named Hausa Abubakar. Like all little girls, she must have dreams. Perhaps she dreamed of being a doctor, lawyer, teacher or simply doing something that would impact the world around her. She didn't get to be a doctor, lawyer or teacher but she became famous and not in any desirable way.
When she was nine years old, her father married her off to be the fourth wife of a 40 year old man( a fool at 40! ) That wasn't part of Hauwa's dream and so ran back home as soon as she could. Her father's house wasn't the place of succor and protection that every little girl should rightly assume. Her father dragged her back to the man who called himself her husband. Undaunted, Hausa ran away again, and again, her father sent her back. After she was returned the third time, the " husband " hacked off her legs to immobilized the " runaway bride" permanently.

Hauwa's story attracted global condemnation. She became the poster child of everything that is wrong about some of our cultural and religious practices. Her story opened up the can of putrid worms known as VVF, a disease that was ( hopefully no longer ) prevalent in parts of Nigeria where dominant religious and cultural beliefs condone. in fact encourage - child brides.

Hauwa eventually died as a consequence of the double amputations. But her ordeals were not in vain. Her state, Bauchi, took the lead and banned marriages of girls under 18 years. The other nine northern states followed suit. All ten northern states offered universal education to girls until the age 18. They enacted stiff penalties for fathers who withdrew their daughters from school for marrrige.

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
debbleopto:

does a lady play with toys at that time? is the body of 10 years able to bear the burden of pregnancy that time? In all sincerity I was thinking the greatest of the prophets should be able to caution the people at that time.
Aisha(ra) was just entering into her puberty stage then, like have said girls that reaches puberty are seen as lady back then, there is no education, what they do is to betroth them then when they are fully grown as adults they will choose if they will marry the man or not.

Aisha never showed a sign of Sadness nor the people opposed the Prophet(SA), and you talk about why didn't Mohammed(SA) caution the people on child marriage?

Let take a look at the jews...Moses(AS) was also a prophet sent from God, child marriage was a pratice then, why didn't he(Moses) caution the people instead child marriage is allow in jewish law(talmud). Even Jehova didn't see anything wrong in it when Mary(AS) conceived Jesus(AS) and begot him at the age of 12-13 and the 90 years old widower Joseph the carpenter was her husband smiley

Why is it only Aisha that was married at such tender age among all the wives of the prophet? why is that among all the female slaves captured during the wars, there is no report of girls like that being shared among the soldiers even for the prophet?
were you there?

We can't say if there are young girls among the prophet companions wives...the report of Aisha was because she was the wife of the Mohammed(SA), she was also a scholar and a writer.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oops...double post!
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by muteeu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
Aisha was not a child but a lady when she engaged with prophet, dont forget the system of Islam marriage is different from our own wrong system... the evident is following : From Bukhari vol. 7, #65:
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her
when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine
years old. Hisham said: "I have been informed that Aisha remained with the
prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death).""

Bukhari vol. 7, #88:
"Narrated Urwa: "The prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha
while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she
was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his
death).""

Bukhari vol. 5, #234 says:
"Narrated Aisha: The prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six. We
went to Medina and stayed at the home of Harith Kharzraj. Then I got ill and
my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman,
came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She
called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She
caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was
breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water
and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There
in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's
blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared
me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's messenger came to me in the
forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of
nine years of age."

FROM THE HADITH OF THE SUNAN OF ABU DAWUD

Abu Dawud's Hadith is the third most respected Hadith in Islam.

From Abu Dawud, Vol. 2, #2116:

"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years
old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."wink. "He had intercourse
with me when I was 9 years old."
akthedream: The prophet never married a child,unless u are telling me that a girl of age between age 17-21 is a child as opposed to the nonsense 6-9 years u guys lie about.Afterall,it is a fact that Joseph was 90yrs old when he married Mary,the so called mother of your god at age 12...Are u now telling me that ur so called god came to this world illegally
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by muteeu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Then U can not called what is right to be wrong . Now you are talking about her dream , does it the dream that Creator has for her?. Allah Know the best and you know nothing. Now u are searching for defective of the right issue. by the way education and training done not disturb Marriage. meanwhile, Education (western) u are agitate for is the major that cause greater catastrophic to many people's life: our high institution turns to prostitute center, through western western education so to say mentality updated to promotion homosexualism, lesbianism and same-sex marriage, illegal marriage in the campus(no aware of parent ), boy-gild friend relationship (stimulate HIV), as a direct challenge to God’s divine order.fear the hell of creator, Learn about Islam from Muslim Scholars and not Anti-Islam websites and Zionist channels. but do not generalize about Islam from your view of Christianity or other religion or personal. Islam is Serious, Natural and Complete code of life. nor it is some vague guess..
debbleopto:

once upon a time, there was a little girl named Hausa Abubakar. Like all little girls, she must have dreams. Perhaps she dreamed of being a doctor, lawyer, teacher or simply doing something that would impact the world around her. She didn't get to be a doctor, lawyer or teacher but she became famous and not in any desirable way.
When she was nine years old, her father married her off to be the fourth wife of a 40 year old man( a fool at 40! ) That wasn't part of Hauwa's dream and so ran back home as soon as she could. Her father's house wasn't the place of succor and protection that every little girl should rightly assume. Her father dragged her back to the man who called himself her husband. Undaunted, Hausa ran away again, and again, her father sent her back. After she was returned the third time, the " husband " hacked off her legs to immobilized the " runaway bride" permanently.

Hauwa's story attracted global condemnation. She became the poster child of everything that is wrong about some of our cultural and religious practices. Her story opened up the can of putrid worms known as VVF, a disease that was ( hopefully no longer ) prevalent in parts of Nigeria where dominant religious and cultural beliefs condone. in fact encourage - child brides.

Hauwa eventually died as a consequence of the double amputations. But her ordeals were not in vain. Her state, Bauchi, took the lead and banned marriages of girls under 18 years. The other nine northern states followed suit. All ten northern states offered universal education to girls until the age 18. They enacted stiff penalties for fathers who withdrew their daughters from school for marrrige.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by otmorkly(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Punch newspaper has an app for android phones. No need to head over to the news stand tp get news, just power up your android phones and get the latest. It's only a touch away. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.u312245p574620

This app is the un-official app for Punch newspaper. It's is the most read newspaper in Nigeria. Among its peers which include Thisday, Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard and Naija newspapers, it continues to top the charts in terms of undiluted news when it happens, how it happens and as it happens.
If you looking to put your hand on the pulse on the daily events as it happens in Nigeria, covering the following categories:
- Entertainment
- Politics
- Health
- Business (Money, Capital Market, Homes & Property, Business and Economy, International Business, Financial Punch, Information Technology)
- Sports
- Interviews
then this app is the app to go for. Get a true position of the NSE. Nigerians looking for job vacancies subscribe to Punch as well. Don't think twice, this is an app you will love to have. Download now and begin to enjoy unhampered access.

What's even better about this is app is subsequent updates are free of charge.

It's like you buy the newspaper once and for life. Check it out here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.u312245p574620
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
muteeu: Then U can not called what is right to be wrong . Now you are talking about her dream , does it the dream that Creator has for her?. Allah Know the best and you know nothing. Now u are searching for defective of the right issue. by the way education and training done not disturb Marriage. meanwhile, Education (western) u are agitate for is the major that cause greater catastrophic to many people's life: our high institution turns to prostitute center, through western western education so to say mentality updated to promotion homosexualism, lesbianism and same-sex marriage, illegal marriage in the campus(no aware of parent ), boy-gild friend relationship (stimulate HIV), as a direct challenge to God’s divine order.fear the hell of creator, Learn about Islam from Muslim Scholars and not Anti-Islam websites and Zionist channels. but do not generalize about Islam from your view of Christianity or other religion or personal. Islam is Serious, Natural and Complete code of life. nor it is some vague guess..

One wonder which kind of idea you stored in the head? See you defending evil. which kind of virus is that. I said it earlier that if one cut off the head of another and said it is Allah that sent him, the person will be free. you said education is not the dream Allah has tor her. so the dream is for her to be used as trade by barter between the two mumus. the dream is for her is the fool at 40 to be putting that black hose between her small legs. believe me even dogs don't reason like this. then go and challenge the ten governors for enacting that law about girl child education telling them that that is not the dream Allah has for them. I just pity your daughters, since you are planning to sell them because you do have any market to sell. if this was done to your mother when she was nine years old you would be verily verily happy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Militants: We Won’t Support South-south Security Outfit / #ZabarmariMassacre; Boko Haram Killed 110 Nigerian Farmers - United Nations / Replace Betta Edu With Halimat Adenike, Persons With Disabilities Beg Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.