Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation (19460 Views)

Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications / Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by LeonessAug: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Teegurlee(f): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
mmmustapha: Proudly Muslim, no matter what u hypocrite do u will never tarnish islam image
Are u talking 2 Nairalanders or ur oga dat spat trash?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by zolajpower: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND DIS ARGUMENT. WAIT OOOO SO IF A LITTLE CRADLE HAS BEEN BETROTH TO SOMEONE OF HER FATHER'S AGE AND LATER GOT TO DISLIKE THE MAN IN FUTURE, SO WHICH MEANS THE FATHER WILL BE FORCED TO PAY THE BRIDE PRICE? GOD FORBID. AINT GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN TO MY BABY GIRL. COME WHAT MAY. AND COME TO THINK OF IT O. WHAT DO WE CALL THE ONE OJUKWU DID TO BIANCA. COS I WAS MADE TO KNOW THAT OJUKWU WAS THERE WHEN BIANCA FATHER WAS NAMING BIANCA AND THAT IT BIANCA'S FATHER WAS OJUKWU FRIEND. ANY WAY SHA I WOUNT LET THIS HAPPEN TO AN INNOCENT LIL GIRL. I MEAN I CANT WATCH A MAN WITH KING GONG JOY STICK TEAR MY LIL GIRL APART
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Teegurlee(f): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
mmmustapha: Proudly Muslim, no matter what u hypocrite do u will never tarnish islam image
Are u talking 2 nairalanders or your oga that just spat trash.

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
“Another major condition for child marriage is that the girl herself has the right to repudiate the marriage when she attains maturity if she does not like her spouse
yes. You just told us in plain words that these young girls are forced into marrying men they don't like. Or in other cases brainwashed into marrying them. Cos I know that no 15 or 17 year old know what marriage is really about. Let alone a child at 12 13 or younger.it all boils down to sexual depravity on the men's part.who feel they must satisfy their urge at all cost.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
This only shows further how the muslim religion is incompatible with civilization, objectivity, reasoning, modern education, and gender indiscrimination...
Many wouldn't admit it, but it is evident that its unreasonable to give out a child (who naturally is the responsibility of whoever has one) in marriage.
Its only a coward, lazy, and unreasonable parent, at this era, the 21st century, who would give out a child still within the age of primary education in marriage.
I know an illiterate might not understand the true meaning of responsibility. But a senator... A religious leader... A pastor... Imam or priest who would refuse to acknowledge the advancement in learning through history is being an hypocrite.
Live in the Quaran, or Bible era, then you are delusional, unproductive, and undeveloped.

3 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by jude33084(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
LeonessAug: I’m so surprised at the sudden silence on the call for clamor against the misinterpreted act of the senate towards the amendment of the constitution. In as much as I also do not give much regard to the people governing us, I would implore us to understand the bone of contention before raising alarm.

The said Nigerian constitution has a clause on Section 29 which permits a Nigerian citizen of ‘full age’ to renounce his or her citizenship by declaration in a prescribed manner, for which purpose ‘full age’ was stated to be 18 years and above. The subsection then provides that, ‘any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of full age’.

In its current efforts to review the Constitution, the Senate Committee had determined that the particular subsection should be deleted, basically because citizenship has no bearing on gender, as for example, voting, the right to drive a car, possess a weapon or such similar social interactions that are evolving or are germane to a democratic Nation.

Senator Yerima, however, vehemently argued (and lobbied) against the removal of the clause, on the grounds that deleting that clause was against (his understanding of) Islam. In his understanding, a girl, once married, automatically assumes the full mental capacity and responsibility to consciously make the prescribed declaration of renouncing her citizenship.

My argument thus -already there is a clause on the section of the constitution in which the senators voted for it to be deleted while Senator Yerima and others opposed its deletion based on their religious beliefs.

Mind you, this constitution was put together with different cultural and religious laws and Senator Yerima is definitely overshadowed by his belief. When this controversy spurred up, a lot of scriptures were quoted from the holy books about Joseph marrying Mary at age 9 and Prophet (SAW) marring Aisha at about age 6 and so on…

I strongly object child bride neither do I support any girl below the age of 18years be put in a family way. I love Nigerians with their recent use of the social media towards change. It’s evident that change is indeed here and with our collective voices, we would have the change that we desire.

Our religious leaders should look critically into this matter such that every follower is morally upright. This debate is all about what should be morally accepted in the society. There’s a lot of health implication on teenage pregnancy which everyone in the society should be aware of in other to avoid the risk of falling into such dilemma. Pedophile is a mental disease whereby by an adult is sexually attracted to young children, such people needs to be kept in a home for special medical treatments.

I can write much more… but to be continued.

Where is it written in the Bible that Joseph got married to Mary at age 9, maybe this may change a lot of things wink
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by TechyGuy: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Eneze1:Another major condition for child marriage is that the girl herself has the right to repudiate the marriage when she attains maturity if she does not like her spouse

I have problem with the bolded part, really after already being used by someone old enough to be her Dad or after having wasted the prime of her life giving birth, am really surprised at some people level of thinking

The pe'dophile simply moves next door and picks a fresh 12 years old blood and the molestation continues, with another kid.
This particular religion has issues, serious one.

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
You mean you will never use your head... MuMu est apha

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Kbraims(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
Datz d problem of u xtians introducn abusive words in ur conversatn,is nt ur fault is jst d way dey thouth u in d church

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Adex097: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
So who would marry the young boy child .

#capital of pakistan is ISLAM-A-BAD#
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nedella: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
SMH
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Adex097: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: How do people get to where you are? That even with your clear eyes seeing the wickedness of what you call a religion, you still cling to it with all your might.

Odikwa risky o.
Lol..power of brain washing.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by jude33084(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kbraims: Datz d problem of u xtians introducn abusive words in ur conversatn,is nt ur fault is jst d way dey thouth u in d church

English please angry
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by juman(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yeah, yeah. Good.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by guyla: 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
I am a passive naira lander but this topic has spurred me to speak out, ARE WE TRULY DISCUSSING THIS DISGUSTING TOPIC IN OUR SENATE
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by easyfem(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
Seem diz muslim pple don't knw that wat dey called maturity ...all diz point are meaningless.. Bcox head dey pain person , doesn't mean we shud cut d head off . Bcox dey are try to avoid prostitude , den dey shud mariage @ early age .. Does that make sense . Av c a 25 year old gal that is not mature enuf to get married, let alone underage gal.. I always tank GOD that I'm not a muslim
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by mystiqueDZ(f): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Really I don't get it.if you won't consumate the marriage cos she's tender,wait till she's old enough!!dem idiotas re just using religion as a shield is all
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by ihimami: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
simpleseyi: By God's Grace I am a muslim and I am forever grateful to God for being a muslim; however I am very very disappointed and ashamed of the actions and inactions of some of my so-called muslim brothers and sisters. How can any sane human give any reason to support child marriage. This MURIC Director should tell us how many of his daughters got married while in primary school. If this so called MURIC Director is sure of what he is saying and he is ready to defend it, please someone tell him to come and ask for the hand of my under-aged cousin, niece in marriage, he will come and tell Nigerians the outcome of such evil demand.

My friend, I can see the effect of media harassments affecting you as a Muslim. You do not need to be proud of being Muslim in as much as you fail to comprehend the points the MURIC director is making. Islam is guided by Devine Law and order, so if your position is based on what those who have been influenced by western perspective says, I am sorry you are far from being a true Muslim. Islam is based on solid evidence, and if you can not provide Quran and hadith evidences that stipulated the age bracket when a daughter can be given out in marriage, it is wrong for you to come out and condemned the MURIC director's position. My candid advice, please don't allow those that have been misguided to lead you astray, because they have been programmed to hate anything Islamic even though they could see the positive impact it is having on Muslim Community all over the world, i,e compare the rate of immoral activities such as homosexuality, crimes, sexual promiscuity and other vices of western countries to that of Islamic countries. Peace.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
ihimami:

My friend, I can see the effect of media harassments affecting you as a Muslim. You do not need to be proud of being Muslim in as much as you fail to comprehend the points the MURIC director is making. Islam is guided by Devine Law and order, so if your position is based on what those who have been influenced by western perspective says, I am sorry you are far from being a true Muslim. Islam is based on solid evidence, and if you can not provide Quran and hadith evidences that stipulated the age bracket when a daughter can be given out in marriage, it is wrong for you to come out and condemned the MURIC director's position. My candid advice, please don't allow those that have been misguided to lead you astray, because they have been programmed to hate anything Islamic even though they could see the positive impact it is having on Muslim Community all over the world, i,e compare the rate of immoral activities such as homosexuality, crimes, sexual promiscuity and other vices of western countries to that of Islamic countries. Peace.
Yes, I bet you can see the positive impact of bokoharam...

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by pharoahs(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Muslims should wake up and realize the backwardness of some of the cultural practices enshrined in their beliefs, they must begin to ask themselves why the north remains the most underdeveloped region in the country, the most illiterate-laden zone, disease-stricken, beggarly...etc. The poverty in that region cannot be explained but better seen before you can really know the extent of poverty and backwardness that prevails there...what a shame it is to a religion (if there truly exist any) that supports underdevelopment of the human mind, the girl child, no wonder it is so easy for the West to put the stigma of 'terrorism' on the religion, simply because majority of the adherents are simply mentally lost in the conundrum of religious stupidity...what a shame

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by lincolnj88: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
ihimami:

examples of islamic countries dat are in peace are iran,iraq,syria,yemen,pakistan,afghanistan.....and please i dnt know much of civilization but pls compare d western civilization with dat of d middle east lets see d best .... Western civilization is bad den y are u using ur laptops,phones,cars, because i av not seen d impart of middle east development in dis world.....all d gadgets, power plants in d kabal mosque in mecca are all result of western education...and i also believe u are in one of d western type of education university.....

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Afroconnect: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ptimes:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141619-our-position-on-child-marriage-islamic-organisation.html
please stop saying it is because there are prostitutes,that is why it is better to marry and f-ck kids...can't you advocate that these child prostitutes you see in your locality be reformed and trained-to attain a better life?
I think it is selfish to say-"let us rather marry them as kids before they turn prostitutes'
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by otunlexy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
Can sumone tell all dis useless,brainless white beared cows dat we are in d 21century.hw can u subject a child to marry an old fool,wen she is suppose to be in skul.
Dis islamic religion sef tire me.all unlawful act dey dere hand,murder,child abuse,extortion,unforgiveness and so Øη.And to even worsen d case everytin dey do is right under dere quran..abeg shey person no fit harvest one gud fruit for una hand...#smh for all d muslims
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by PStacks(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
Religion.
Understanding of Religion.
Interpretation of what is Understood..

Nigeria is getting more volatile everyday and Religion is medling with Volatility.. Catastrophic if you ask me..

May non of you ever experience half what of I experienced during the Religious crisis in Kaduna.

There are no true winners in war..
Everybody losses out in war.
War is expensive.
War indemnity is more expensive
Collateral damage..

A war is something different.
A Religious war is catastrophic.... shocked walahi all the people posting on nairaland go run..

Religon..
There's no True Religion any where..

Islam and christainity can be abolished in our land..
Religion is a scourge.
Religion is a tool for segregation.
Religion is hate.

If Yerima used Religion to finish Amiable David Mark and the Senate.. Religion would Finish Nigeria..

We can Abolish Religion.
Yes we can.

4 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by otunlexy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
ihimami:

Dude u ar seriously sick upstair,am very sure u ar nt yet married cos if u ar u would knw d hardship of raising a child.let me give u a simple advice wen u get married and give birth,make sure u give ur first daughter out for marriage at d age of 7.den I will believe u ar a concreate muslim...
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Osasemma(f): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
These people. Since their religion says marry a todler fine we agree. Our religion too said no to more than 1 wife. So they should also make a law that says no to more than 1 wife.since its not only Muslims we have in dis country. Useless people.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by ihimami: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
lincolnj88: examples of islamic countries dat are in peace are iran,iraq,syria,yemen,pakistan,afghanistan.....and please i dnt know much of civilization but pls compare d western civilization with dat of d middle east lets see d best .... Western civilization is bad den y are u using ur laptops,phones,cars, because i av not seen d impart of middle east development in dis world.....all d gadgets, power plants in d kabal mosque in mecca are all result of western education...and i also believe u are in one of d western type of education university.....

I can see you get hard on when you heard anything that concerns Islam, you can throw as much as you can at Muslims because of western world's instigated crises in middle east and other Islamic countries. You lots have shown how good you are of world history as if the west have not had their crises in the past, all the world wars where over 60 Million people were killed were caused by Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Psylas(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Http://www.theheraldng.com/teenagers-as-young-as-12-can-give-birth-safely-sheikh-gumi/
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by lincolnj88: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
ihimami:

I can see you get hard on when you heard anything that concerns Islam, you can throw as much as you can at Muslims because of western world's instigated crises in middle east and other Islamic countries. You lots have shown how good you are of world history as if the west have not had their crises in the past, all the world wars where over 60 Million people were killed were caused by Muslims.
al qaeda is d work of western or quran speak d truth ......... So u dnt know before d world wars dat prophet mohammed did worst dan anyone could ever imagine through uncountless jihads in d name slogan of “kill all infidels“ pls check ..... And d world wars was fought between 2 ideologies (eastern block warsawpact and western block NATO) and all d middle east belongs to east block ..so dont be blinded dat d world wars was caused by only one side of a coin....in summary my friend i am not hard on islam but i do speak from facts and i will like u to prove me wrong pls...
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by ssiaccenture(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
nigerians are very very emotional when it come to the issue of religion and so our leader should not toy with our emotion any longer. they cause disunity among us in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Olarajee(m): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: Story.

Do these children marry boys within the same age grade with them? Abi old men marry small children come dey give excuse of waiting for them to attain puberty before molesting them, mscheew.

If you are 50 and marrying a girl of 15, you are a criminal and should be arrested, shikena.

Same as Joseph (a widower) a 99 yrs old man marrying Mary - mother of Jesus - at 12 yrs old?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Abumere Joseph Osagie, FIRS Director For Tax Fraud / 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable / 10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.