Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers (27028 Views)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State / Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2:

I'm not even talking about the spelling. A title like "Fashola Provides Skill Training For Street Traders, Beggars And Area Boys" would have been ok. There's no reason to include "yoruba, igbo, efik, ibibio" or any ethnic group in the title.
I guess the moderators aren't blind not to have seen the title of the thread and modify it. this is just a trick to get traffic on the thread.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Orikinla(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
So?
Orikinla Osinachi, who is 100% Igbo Prince gives seed grants in cash to poor Yorubas and the latest beneficiary got N10, 000 to start trading in provisions.
Charity is best when not done by politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2: Hawking and street trading have always been illegal in Lagos (I can remember street traders being arrested from as far back as the 1970s). It is also illegal in most parts of the world. It is illegal for the following reasons and more: -

1) It is dangerous: hawkers can easily be hit by moving cars.

2) It impedes the flow of traffic: buyers usually slow down to purchase things from the hawkers, thereby causing traffic jams. Motorists also have to slow down to avoid hitting hawkers.

3) It can cause accidents: motorists swerve and hit other cars, fall into ditches, etc, because they are trying to avoid hitting hawkers.

4) Armed robbery: (a) People approach your car pretending to be hawkers or beggars. They carry out surveillance to find out if you have valuables in your car (bags, phones, the type of watch you are wearing, jewelry, etc) and inform robbers, who then attack you in traffic. (b) Those criminals that walk up to your car when you are stuck in traffic and point a gun at you are able to do this because police and other motorists mistake them for hawkers.

5) It is illegal to send children out onto the roads to hawk. They should be in school, playing or resting.

There are more reasons.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeegee_man

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_(trade)
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Enthony: 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
dplordx: abeg, tell them. if Afam and his cohorts arent enemies of the Yorubas, i hope they make this frontpage!
God bless BRF. God bless Lagos! God bless my ppl cool
fashola is as good as abacha only dat hes now suited..... next...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Ngwakwe: 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Who conceived such barbaric headline, unless I am being told that Igbos are now majority in Lagos State.

From the photographs above, I can only see mostly Yoruba guys in those Labs and Workshops.

Propaganda of the Yorubas by the Yorubas and for the Yorubas.

naptu2: I wish the word "ibo" had been removed from the thread title. It's just going to lead to another round of ethnic bashing.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
berem: I guess the moderators aren't blind not to have seen the title of the thread and modify it. this is just a trick to get traffic on the thread.

That's just so sad. sad

What should be a discussion about poverty eradication will be transformed into an ethnic bashing thread.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Who conceived such barbaric headline, unless I am being told that Igbos are now majority in Lagos State.

From the photographs above, I can only see mostly Yoruba guys in those Labs and Workshops.

Propaganda of the Yorubas by the Yorubas and for the Yorubas.

what proof do you have that the boys in the lab are mostly Yorubas?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Ngwakwe: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
Question

berem: what proof do you have that the boys in the lab are mostly Yorubas?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by aryzgreat: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
talktimi: Lets call a spade a spade, the ibo's are usually at the receiving end of insults & derogatory name calling especially here on nairaland. They have no rights to defend themselves or fight back without having their posts hidden or being outrightly banned. Their only crime being that they're from the SE. Im not saying some ibo's arent guilty of being vile also but this disgusting e-war between you guys should just end make reasonable people hear word abeg...

You can see how the topic was twisted to be as if fashola built a skill centre for igbos, the skill center was for every body, but this bastard OP and the Bigot MOD that put this on front page would not allow us be. Even today sunday, a tribally denigrating thread is been put up just to insult igbos. I leave them to their conscience if they have any. Tribalistic F00ls!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by vivalavida(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
berem: what proof do you have that the boys in the lab are mostly Yorubas?

The deep ehtnic tribal lines so deeply etched and engraved on their faces

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
And for those who want to continue trading:

Example of an alternative that the traders should take advantage of.

[size=14pt]Isopakodowo Oshodi market complex ready for business[/size]

Tuesday, 04 September 2012 00:00 Chuka Uroko

The Isopakodowo ultra-modern market in Oshodi, Lagos State, is now ready for business men and women who want to do their businesses in a marketplace that is decent and secure.

The market, which was wholly funded by the Lagos State government, has 546 shop spaces in 11 blocks on two floors that the state government says will help take more traders off the street in compliance with the provisions of the new traffic laws in the state.

“This is a market and it is meant for people who genuinely want to sell their wares. The plan of rebuilding this market was to expand and make it more secure. Anybody who comes here will be secure and that was the aim of this effort. One of the provisions of the traffic law is that people should not display their wares on the road,” Femi Hamzat Kadiri, the state commissioner for works and infrastructure, said.

Kadiri who was on inspection tour of the new market disclosed that provision of the market was part of government’s intension to discourage people from selling on the road, adding that government wants to arrange mortgage facility with which it will be easy for people to buy the shops and pay back the mortgage at regular intervals for as long as 10 years. “The mortgage also allows the shop owners to go to banks to build their business. We are discussing with banks to create the mortgage. Our role as government is to create access for people to get the facility,” the commissioner stated.

By the time a buyer gets a shop with good documentation, meaning that the buyer has a good title; something that could be collaterised, he could use his shop as collateral to access loan from the banks, he added.

According to the commissioner, there will be a facility manager who will maintain the place and even fix the cost of the shops; as such a manager is going to ensure the place does not rot and that all the facilities are functional.

At Ilasamaja, along the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, where there is a failing pedestrian bridge, the commissioner announced that contract had been awarded to Messrs PW Nigeria Limited for its replacement. The bridge, which has been a subject of many public complaints, he said, will be pulled down by Saturday, September 8, 2012, to make way for a new one.

While stating that the process of replacement had commenced with the completion of the sub-soil investigation, the commissioner noted that the bridge had been sealed off to avert any serious mishap and to protect the users from any possible danger.

He said it was important to state that though the road belongs to the Federal Government, the state had sought and obtained the consent of federal authorities so as to proactively replace the bridge that had at an earlier time been rehabilitated.

Hamzat also noted that the public might not see much of work at the site due to changes in the method of construction, assuring however that the construction work would be completed within the stipulated period of four months.

The commissioner who visited other project sites including the Ojuelegba- Lawanson-Itire road, Ajiliti Road in Mile 12 and Multi-Agency Office Complex in Alausa, explained the rationale behind the construction of the multi-agency complex at the old public car park, saying that the proposed three-block complex will end the era of government agencies renting office spaces all over the state, adding that it will promote adequate networking among the agencies.

He explained that the project, sitting on a 24,700 square metres of land, will house one eight-floor block and two adjoining blocks of five floors with pedestrian inter-links and two level parking area that can accommodate 600 vehicles.

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/homes-a-property/43789-isopakodowo-oshodi-market-complex-ready-for-business
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by bankyblue(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
All those big f**l that was calling for the head of BRF, where re u
Now?

Is only in lagos that u will see a ogbo commissioner,

is only in Lagos u will see an igbo lady rule the state for 24hours,

Is only in lagos u will see the Governor pay the medical bill of an igbo lady

Is only in lagos u will see the governor trying to better the igbo guys life on the st

I wish ur weak, selfish, and good for nothing governor in SE can
Do something gud for u like this.

GOD bless u BRF
GOD bless u Lagos
GOD bless u Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Koffiman: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Has Fashola ever deported those yoruba people who troop into Lagos frm Ekiti, Ondo, Osun and Oyo to hawk on the streets, harrass and extort Igbo traders and do all sorts of shady deals on the road. Why all the attention on Igbo people? This madness and obsession has degenerated to a level that yoruba people now see every prosperous Ijaw or Akwaibom man in Lagos as Igbo man and there4, must be pulled down. I hope the Op has answers to my concern.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Question

Answer it na! I guess you are a lecturer and you should be able to answer my question. angry
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by vivalavida(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
bankyblue: All those big f**l that was calling for the head of BRF, where re u
Now?

Is only in lagos that u will see a ogbo commissioner,

is only in Lagos u will see an igbo lady rule the state for 24hours,

Is only in lagos u will see the Governor pay the medical bill of an igbo lady

Is only in lagos u will see the governor trying to better the igbo guys life on the st

I wish ur weak, selfish, and good for nothing governor in SE can
Do something gud for u like this.

GOD bless u BRF
GOD bless u Lagos
GOD bless u Nigeria

Gov Orji Uzor Kalu made a yoruba man a special advisor back then oo in 1999

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by mildteddy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
I don't even need to read the whole story to know what this post is all about...
The owner of this site, for all intents and purposes, should try and curb this ethnic oriented disputes here, it is disgusting.
One of the major reasons why most of us visit the site is to get news and unbiased assessment of it by people who reason rationally, not a bunch of ethno-oriented folks howling like teenagers that just noticed their puberty.
pls see to that.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by aryzgreat: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2: [size=14pt]Fashola Commissions Cg-eko Automobile Services, Skill Acquisition Center (PICS)[/size] by Eko Ile: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2012

https://www.nairaland.com/995497/fashola-commissions-cg-eko-automobile-services

Guess the Coscharis-Eko partnership CG-Eko is a way fashola provide skill to igbos too. I know how much tax Coscharis pay to Lagos state Govt. This Partnership from a company owned by an igbo man Dr Cosmas Maduka Coscharis group, equip and give skills to lagosian mostly yorubas, but we won't hear word bc fashola trained an igbo hawker. I know many igbo owned companies in lagos with yoruba top management staff earning a living from the sweat of igbo businesses and companies, heaven did not fall cos an average igbo is profit minded as long as u r doing ur job, he cares less wia u r from, these tribalistic people will not allow us rest. Egbe igwe gbagbukwa unu dia!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by naptu2: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
aryzgreat:

Guess the Coscharis-Eko partnership CG-Eko is a way fashola provide skill to igbos too. I know how much tax Coscharis pay to Lagos state Govt. This Partnership from a company owned by an igbo man Dr Cosmas Maduka Coscharis group, equip and give skills to lagosian mostly yorubas, but we won't hear word bc fashola trained an igbo hawker. I know many igbo owned companies in lagos with yoruba top management staff earning a living from the sweat of igbo businesses and companies, heaven did not fall cos an average igbo is profit minded as long as u r doing ur job, he cares less wia u r from, these tribalistic people will not allow us rest. Egbe igwe gbagbukwa unu dia!

I don't know why you've allowed the op and his silly title to provoke you. The fact, like the deputy governor stated, is that the scheme is not targeted at any specific ethnic group (she stated that people from 35 states have all benefited from the scheme). Tanimola, the vulcaniser whose story I posted in the previous post is not igbo, is he?

We should isolate people who have such bigoted opinions and not encourage them.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by HIPROFILE(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
dplordx:

His 6 plots of lands? Really? It was something, but stop flaunting that on our faces. Mention something else.
Your people are ingrates! You need to learn to be grateful. Lagos has created many IBO billionaires and millionaires, and the least you could do is comply with the laws of the land. BRF isnt the tribalists here, it is you people!

I want to inform, as well as redirect you.yes most Igbos are made billionaires in yoruba land(lagos) if that gets you angry well blame it on your people for being lazy and always dependent on what the govt would do for them. It may interest you to know that majority of the igbos both educated and non educated are oppurtunists(they maximise every single oppurtunity that comes their way)in this vain they saw yoruba land(lagos) as a land of oppurtunity having observed carefully how viable it could be in lagos since her people are so lazy to exploit the oppurtunity then they trooped in to help you do what you can not do for your self and as well enjoy the benefits.so my beloved N/lander and friend if the benefit makes them billionaires dant get mad @ it.my only craze is that the igbos feels they trade a lot but you hardly see an igbo man among the 10 richest biz gurus in nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by collynzo2(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
I never knew Ibos were the only hawkers in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Evestar200(f): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
When will this YORUBA AND IGBO HATE STOP? U guys shld be the ones leading the minorities but the way am seeing it minorities are now the ones leading the way now,,, i knw the tribe thats is behind this hate,,but i wont talk,, i dont want to create insults
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by manny4life(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
I've learned that water and oil cannot mix, if an admin and not even a mod can move this topic to the front page given the rhetoric about reducing tribalism, then I have no further comments.
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Policewoman(f): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
People just amuse me and exhibit their illiterate ignorance when they use the word DEPORT needlessly. Who told you you can deport somebody from within the same country? What Fashola did was simply RELOCATION, and i bet you most of them will find their way bck by simply joining the next available bus back to Lagos. It's not as if they will ask for their passsports when they step into Lagos soil.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Ngwakwe: 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Adanna a hapu m aka.

O'dizi ka Ndigbo noo na Lagos bu Ohuu ndi Yoruba.

A Yoruba from Ekiti, Osun, Ogun, Kwara and Oyo States will lay claim to Lagos without stepping his foot there while an Igbo man born and bred in Lagos for over forty years and an Igbo woman born in Lagos and married to a Lagos indegene will be treated as a Foreigner (in this 21st century) by some unprofitable and racist Yoruba who contributes nothing to the economy of the State.

Udo di, onweghi Ihe mebiri emebi for now.

berem: Answer it na! I guess you are a lecturer and you should be able to answer my question. angry

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by 1wolex85: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2: People are just arguing based on emotions and how they "feel" without backing it with logic and reasons.

All they want is for people to join them in proclaiming that Fashola is satan, without the people questioning them.
seriously oga naptu2, i dont know why you are wasting your time. Their mind is made up
Re: Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers by Policewoman(f): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
THIS POST STINKS OF TRIBALISM. I JUST WONDER WHY THE SUPERMODS ALLOWED IT ON THE FP INSTEAD OF DUMPING IT IN THE ETHNICITY THRASHCAN SECTION.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ephraim Nwuzi Defects To APC In Rivers (Photos) / Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Cross River / Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.