Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38790 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by MrsChima(f): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne: Feminists don suffer!

Imagine that a poster telling me that kindness and feminism does not jell! Seriously? All feminists must be rude etc. Once the word feminism is written, a lot of posters' have an e-heart attack!

Feminists do not want to marry!
Men are always in the wrong to them!

I wonder if most posters can differentiate between Feminists and Lesbians.

It's well cheesy

That tickled me! I was laughing so hard and posted on FB that because I want equal pay and education opportunities as men. I HATE men since that what demented nuts say Feminism is about.

You are right Feminists don suffer in the hands of demented nuts. grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

what has lesbianism gotta do with feminism? do you think we are illiterates here? what has intimate relationship between 2 women got to do with feminism?

bukatyne - you are by far the worst customer service agent from the coast of nigeria. all my enquiries just got swept under the carpet - well done!!!

You should ask the posters that think so!

As for your inquiries, they were not swept under the carpet, they were packed on a shelf! You did not answer my questions na...

I can only proceed if you do so and if you feel it's still in the start up and do not want to disclose much info, I can follow up with you still you are ready.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
luvmijeje:
It's not just you o, I even read that feminism is about female supremacy. The one that shocked me most was a supposed female writing crap about feminism.
As far as I'm concerned, they won't just have e-heart attack, they will also have e-collapse and if they are not careful it may lead to e-death cos we are just starting.

Lol!

Luvmijeje, let's treat them jeje so that there is no e-death o!

I believe with time, more people would come around to understand what feminism means and that people's personality plays a part in their outlook to all things in life : feminism included.

It would be easier if we express our views with civility and courtesy.

It is well
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne:
You should ask the posters that think so!

so you agree with a movement that says "all men are räpists"?? you actually believe all the men close to you are räpists? dad, brothers, uncles, etc are all räpists?

As for your inquiries, they were not swept under the carpet, they were packed on a shelf! You did not answer my questions na...

I can only proceed if you do so and if you feel it's still in the start up and do not want to disclose much info, I can follow up with you still you are ready.

i answered - all i need to see are the prices of all your packages.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

Bunch of ignoramuses and numskulls!

Lol!

How are you and family?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by SisiKill1: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
Wait a minute! Wait a minute!

Feminist aren't Lesbians?!!! shocked shocked

Whaaaaaaaaa? Since when?!!! Since when?!!!

What the heck am I supposed to do with all the rings I got?! I was gonna kick next month with multiple proposals...

Gah! I had envisioned myself as the first Polygamous Feminist Lesbian (Errr....errr..do they still call it Polygamy when it is a woman doing all the marrying?)

This sucks man! It really sucks!!

I should have gone for a refundable ring....now I have to see if the jewelry hawker on main street remembers me so I can get my money.

Well this is certainly the last time I take everything I read online at face value. undecided

@ Ile
Jeez woman, you haven't updated your bible yet or could it be that the pages from T to whatever is stuck together coz I know for sure that the latest version of the new Bible clearly...CLEARLY states "As a man....errr...woman defendeth in public, so she is" In order words, that you don't think people in same sexxx relationships should burn in heeeeeeeelllll means you gotta be one. Of course it gets dicey when you try to reconcile this with how Jesus Christ put a stop to the persecution of the "LovePeddler" eventhough he isn't errr...you know, so my best advice - Don't. lipsrsealed
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TV01(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
First I'm a lesbian single mom and now I'm a militant feminist which is no different from being a gay activist. You're such a doll, aren't you?

Yeah, I'm not even a tiny fraction interested in helping you satisfy your 'curiosity'. Have a nice day.

If you read carefully, you'll see I labelled you non of those things. I was merely curious as to your situation, especially as it motivates your positions/postings. Hence the questions.

Like I said, feel free to decline.

Hope you had a pleasant day yourself.

TV
(God fearing Christian who is very happily married to a beautiful wife with an adorable son grin)
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by luvmijeje(f): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

I believe with time, more people would come around to understand what feminism means and that people's personality plays a part in their outlook to all things in life : feminism included.

It is well
I've heard u o jare. I just advised them not to create wahala where it's not needed.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

so you agree with a movement that says "all men are räpists"?? you actually believe all the men close to you are räpists? dad, brothers, uncles, etc are all räpists?

i answered - all i need to see are the prices of all your packages.

I thought you called me one of the leading feminists on NL?

Did feminism really say that all men are rapists? Lol!

You all make it seem that all anti-feminists are excellent women. You should realize that feminism forms part of one's mindset; if I am a bitter person, I will be a bitter feminist/anti-feminist etc. Same applies if I an rude, kind, polite etc.

See feminism as head/heart knowledge; it is how the knowledge is put to use that matters. It's the feminism that spurs one woman to be the best in her field that will spur another to disregard men or undermine their importance.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

It is well

Say it loud!!!

bukatyne:

Lol!

How are you and family?

Doing well, thanks! smiley
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Wait a minute! Wait a minute!

Feminist aren't Lesbians?!!! shocked shocked

Whaaaaaaaaa? Since when?!!! Since when?!!!

What the heck am I supposed to do with all the rings I got?! I was gonna kick next month with multiple proposals...

Gah! I had envisioned myself as the first Polygamous Feminist Lesbian (Errr....errr..do they still call it Polygamy when it is a woman doing all the marrying?)

This sucks man! It really sucks!!

Steady yourself woman! Get a grip!! Now, repeat after me; I support equal opportunities and treatment for all human beings therefore I am a lesbian....I support equal opportunities and treatment for all human beings therefore I am a lesbian.....Don't stop repeating till the panic dissipates..

As for me, I have gotten my epiphany thanks to the nairaland. I awoke this morning with the realization that my hubby's genitals are actually a va*gina masquerading all along as a pe*nis!!!!!!! Whoa!!! Imagine my relief! What I thought were well built pecs were actually......boobs!!!!! shocked shocked So yeah I am now a true feminist which = lesbian!!

Sisi_Kill:

@ Ile
Jeez woman, you haven't updated your bible yet or could it be that the pages from T to whatever is stuck together coz I know for sure that the latest version of the new Bible clearly...CLEARLY states "As a man....errr...woman defendeth in public, so she is" In order words, that you don't think people in same sexxx relationships should burn in heeeeeeeelllll means you gotta be one. Of course it gets dicey when you try to reconcile this with how Jesus Christ put a stop to the persecution of the "LovePeddler" eventhough he isn't errr...you know, so my best advice - Don't. lipsrsealed

Who will give that one and his well disguised venom laced posts the time of day?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne:
I thought you called me one of the leading feminists on NL? Did feminism really say that all men are rapists? Lol!

what haven't they spewed with their snouts? however, men take these things on the chin. we are not supposed to moan, whinge or complain.....

You all make it seem that all anti-feminists are excellent women. You should realize that feminism forms part of one's mindset; if I am a bitter person, I will be a bitter feminist/anti-feminist etc. Same applies if I an rude, kind, polite etc.

oh please.....
there's no kind feminist anywhere - kind and nice to who? the opposite sex? hell no.

this is y'all's favourite slogan - "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

See feminism as head/heart knowledge; it is how the knowledge is put to use that matters. It's the feminism that spurs one woman to be the best in her field that will spur another to disregard men or undermine their importance.

hahahaha - see cop out!
come on bukatino........feminism fights for the interest of women and more often than not, it's at the expense of the men!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

what haven't they spewed with their snouts? however, men take these things on the chin. we are not supposed to moan, whinge or complain.....

oh please.....
there's no kind feminist anywhere - kind and nice to who? the opposite sex? hell no.

this is y'all's favourite slogan - "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

hahahaha - see cop out!
come on bukatino........feminism fights for the interest of women and more often than not, it's at the expense of the men!

The expectations of the society has been hard on us but harder on women. I wonder where we got the belief that men are emotionless beings. I guess it's really from fact that men were seen superior to women and therefore should be without emotions.

As for your slogan, I have not heard it before. That sounds like what a lesbian would say. Who would she marry? Would she not need the help of her male colleagues/neighbors? We were created to help and complement each other esp in marriage so I really do not understand the origin of the slogan. Even if a woman decides to use a sper.m donor, it's still from a man.

I think it's unfair to stereotype all men as bad till they prove it just as it is unfair to stereotype all women as empty-headed because they are ... Women.

Our society fights for men; feminism fights for women, it's balanced! Lol! I think the problem is that a lot of men are not willing to come to terms that women van be whatever they choose to be.

People exhibition is bases on their values, mindset etc.

It's a fallacy to say there are no kind feminists how it would be a fallacy to say there are no wicked/mean/bitter feminists.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
bukatyne:
It's a fallacy to say there are no kind feminists how it would be a fallacy to say there are no wicked/mean/bitter feminists.

so bukatino, you are saying you are the righteous feminist and someone like say, ileoba, is a radical feminist? lololol
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

so bukatino, you are saying you are the righteous feminist and someone like say, ileoba, is a radical feminist? lololol

So Coogar, would you like to display your math and statistics skills today?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
So Coogar, would you like to display your math and statistics skills today?

if i have a brilliant sparring partner, why not?......you know me, i revel in this kind of challenges. so what do you have in store, the one n only palace arsonist?? grin cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

if i have a brilliant sparring partner, why not?......you know me, i revel in this kind of challenges. so what do you have in store, the one n only palace arsonist?? grin cheesy

Have what in store? With that your porous brain? tongue Why would I want to spend my day trying to fill a basket with water I wonder?

I was only trying to pull you off your high horse since you called me mean. angry angry Just thought I should remind everyone of your abysmal math (and comprehension) skills on display a couple pages ago! grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Have what in store? With that your porous brain? tongue Why would I want to spend my day trying to fill a basket with water I wonder?

half the cube-root of my IQ is beyond you, ileoba. even with your black magic in witchdoctoring, you no reach!!

I was only trying to pull you off your high horse since you called me mean. angry angry Just thought I should remind everyone of your abysmal math (and comprehension) skills on display a couple pages ago! grin grin

abysmal math? see insult!!!
someone tell this sorceress that coogar's brain is mushroom cloud with a tesla coil for double-helix.....
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 9:25am On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Pukkah: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Shollypopz:
So according to you, the testosterone level and biological difference are what makes women inferior to men?? Awesome!! I never knew having the power to give birth which in turn benefits the society at large, makes me inferior. Kudos!

You seem not to have an understanding of equality, especially in the context we are using it on this thread. Equality here is not to be like men but to have the same rights as men. I would love to assume that you know history enough to know that culture, the way past society worked enabled men in charge of decision making ....... Before 1919, women weren't even allowed to vote talk less of influencing the law that governs them. We are not trying to be like men, but trying to change the discriminating, abusive and debasing culture that regarded us as a race that shouldn't be able to exercise the same rights as men. Equality in this case is equal rights!

Stop this rubbish talk, even as a kid you watched Mulan!
Women have always looked away when they were being discriminated agaianst. Even as far as we've come in today's society, some women still believe in gender superiority, so don't act like it's only when the culture favors the women race that some women look away.

Where did I say or suggest or insinuate that men are superior to women? My point is clear - men and women are different and it's cumbersome to demand that species which were even differently created be equal. Both genders are unique and were designed for a purpose. None of the two is superior and none is inferior.

Anyway, I wish you well as a self-appointed feminist who is trying to ensure that all the rights that are open to men are also enjoyed by women. Note again that men are not the ones asking for the rights of women but the other way round.

As you go on your journey as a feminist, I advise you to consider doing the following:

Do not let a man 'toast' or woo you. Find a man to woo.
Do not let a man propose marriage to you. Propose marriage to your man and drag him to the altar. On the wedding day, do not wear white, throw bouquet or say to the pastor or imam that you'll cherish or obey the man. Let it be the other way round. Of course, you're signing the marriage register using a female name as the surname and your man is adopting that female name as his new surname.

Also try and practice female polygamy - polyandry; and let the men stay together under the roof that would be provided by you. When you go to work, call your man (or men) to get your meal ready, afterall you're the one paying for the food in full or in part.

If you happen to be around at meal times, read the newspapers and watch the TV while your man gets busy in the kitchen before he serves you the meal and announces that 'dinner is served'.

When (and if) you get pregnant, send your man (or men?) on ante-natal and when you're ready to deliver the baby, send them on 'paternity' leave. For the naming ceremony, get a female imam or pastor to conduct the proceedings while your man carries the baby throughout.

Do not breastfeed the baby, as only weak and suppressed women do so. Do not bathe, dress up or drop the baby in school. Of course, your man should do all these compulsorily. Tell him you're a feminist and it is NOT a man's world.

Socially

Sit down at events or offices with your legs carelessly separated like a man.
Stop plaiting your hair or fixing artificial hair or lashes or wearing heels or wear make-up. Men don't do all that.

When you want to swim at public pools, don't wear a bikini. Why should only men wear their boxers or briefs in public? Wear boxers like them too, expose your bosoms and swim.

Religion

Tell the Roman Catholic Church, The Church of England to appoint females as cardinals, popes or Arch Bishops. Tell Muslims to appoint female imams.

Get traditional religion to give more room/rights to females to become Oro/Ogun/Ifa priestesses as the ones dedicated to the female gender (osun and yemoja) are not sufficient or even discriminatory. The same thing applies to Hinduism.

Politics
Encourage women and your fellow feminists to contest for elections and attend nightly political meetings and gatherings. They may also choose to become political thugs and hangers-on.

Also upturn the traditional rulership across Nigeria. By all means, women must become traditional rulers and go through the rites.

Others

Talk to your man anyhow afterall you're equal to him. I can see you'll even be able to do this well from the way you responded above.

Once again, I wish you success in your journey as a feminist that's canvassing for equality of men and women but let me warn you to be very careful of certain enemies that will rise against you in this your self-chosen and 'honourable' quest. Those certain enemies are not men; they're women like you.

Do you know why? What the majority of those reasonable and realistic women want is not the notion of equality with men (that's even naturally unattainable as I've shown) BUT equity and fairness in the way they're treated by men and the society at large.

8 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by passionate88: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
TheMadame: In all my years of service in Nigeria I have never heard of salary inequaality between males and females. If you come into the establishment with the same qualifications you are started on the same basic salary and allowances. The only difference maybe hazard allowances to which men are sometimes entitled but this more or less evens itself out through maternity leave and other incentives for women.Once again there is no salary discrimination between men and women with the same qualifications in Nigeria-truth must be told and not twisted in order to win arguements.
God bless u. I just shock when I read that part. Even kulyie wey dey claim church goer follow dey talk say dm pay man pass woman wey get d same qualifications. Our churches dey bring materials o
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Choi........ Bros you burst for hia cheesy

Pukkah:

Where did I say or suggest or insinuate that men are superior to women? My point is clear - men and women are different and it's cumbersome to demand that species which were even differently created be equal. Both genders are unique and were designed for a purpose. None of the two is superior and none is inferior.

Anyway, I wish you well as a self-appointed feminist who is trying to ensure that all the rights that are open to men are also enjoyed by women. Note again that men are not the ones asking for the rights women but the other way round.

As you go on your journey as a feminist, I advise you to consider doing the following:

Do not let a man propose marriage to you. Propose marriage to your man and drag him to the altar. On the wedding day, do not wear white, throw bouquet or say to the pastor or imam that you'll cherish or obey the man. Let it be the other way round. Of course, you're signing the marriage register using a female name as the surname and your man is adopting that female name as his new surname.

Also try and practice female polygamy - polyandry; and let the men stay together under the roof that would be provided by you. When you go to work, call your man (or men) to get your meal ready, afterall you're the one paying for the food in full or in part.

If you happen to be around at meal times, read the newspapers and watch the TV while your man gets busy in the kitchen before he serves you the meal and announces that 'dinner is served'.

When (and if) you get pregnant, send your man (or men?) on ante-natal and when you're ready to deliver the baby, send them on 'paternity' leave. For the naming ceremony, get a female imam or pastor to conduct the proceedings while your man carries the baby throughout.

Do not breastfeed the baby, as only weak and suppressed women do so. Do not bathe, dress up or drop the baby in school. Of course, your man should do all these compulsorily. Tell him you're a feminist and it is NOT a man's world.

Socially

Sit down at events or offices with your legs carelessly separated like a man.
Stop plaiting your hair or fixing artificial hair or lashes or wearing heels or weak make-up. Men don't do all that.

When you want to swim at public pools, don't wear a bikini. Why should only men wear their boxers or briefs in public? Wear boxers like them too, expose your bosoms and swim.

Religion

Tell the Roman Catholic Church, The Church of England to appoint females as cardinals, popes or Arch Bishops. Tell Muslims to appoint female imams.

Get traditional religion to give more room/rights to females to become Oro/Ogun/Ifa priestesses as the ones dedicated to the female gender (osun and yemoja) are not sufficient or even discriminatory. The same thing applies to Hinduism.

Politics
Encourage women and your fellow feminists to contest for elections and attend nightly political meetings and gatherings. They may also choose to become political thugs and hangers-on.

Also upturn the traditional rulership across Nigeria. By all means, women must become traditional rulers and go through the rites.

Others

Talk to your man anyhow afterall you're equal to him. I can see you'll even be able to do this well from the way you responded above.

Once again, I wish you success in your journey as a feminist that's canvassing for equality of men and women but let me warn you to be very careful of certain enemies that will rise against you in this your self-chosen and 'honourable' quest. Those certain enemies are not men; they're women like you.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by passionate88: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
bukatyne:

I think it's unfair to stereotype all men as bad till they prove it just as it is unfair to stereotype all women as empty-headed because they are ... Women.

I think it's unfair to stereotype all men as bad till they prove it just as it is unfair to stereotype all women as empty-headed not untill they also prove it.

Edited
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Pukkah: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
biolabee: Choi........ Bros you burst for hia cheesy

smiley People should be careful what they wish for.

There's a world of difference between theory and the real world.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
passionate88:

I think it's unfair to stereotype all men as bad till they prove it just as it is unfair to stereotype all women as empty-headed not untill they also prove it.

Edited

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pukkah:

smiley People should be careful what they wish for.

There's a world of difference between theory and the real world.

Word.....
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by CNN80: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pukkah:

Anyway, I wish you well as a self-appointed feminist who is trying to ensure that all the rights that are open to men are also enjoyed by women. Note again that men are not the ones asking for the rights of women but the other way round.

Do not let a man propose marriage to you. Propose marriage to your man and drag him to the altar. On the wedding day, do not wear white, throw bouquet or say to the pastor or imam that you'll cherish or obey the man. Let it be the other way round. Of course, you're signing the marriage register using a female name as the surname and your man is adopting that female name as his new surname. Nothing wrong with wooing a man. Marriages are personal and it is not up to you to define how it should start. And if the couple decide to adopt the woman's name or both decide to take a new surname, again it is their business. Feminism has nothing to do with it.

Also try and practice female polygamy - polyandry; and let the men stay together under the roof that would be provided by you. When you go to work, call your man (or men) to get your meal ready, afterall you're the one paying for the food in full or in part. Some societies practice polyandry. It works for them. Again, it has nothing to do with feminism. And polyandry doesn't mean that the woman has to be the provider. The family gets to decide who the provider is depending on the situation. Leaving the whole burden on one party, whether man or woman, without prior agreement is grossly unfair.

If you happen to be around at meal times, read the newspapers and watch the TV while your man gets busy in the kitchen before he serves you the meal and announces that 'dinner is served'. Now this has to do with feminism. Why would you think it is okay for you as a man to read news and watch TV while a woman serves you a meal but it becomes a crime when the roles are reversed? Thank God I am married to someone who thinks like me. Whoever gets home first is in charge of dinner.

When (and if) you get pregnant, send your man (or men?) on ante-natal and when you're ready to deliver the baby, send them on 'paternity' leave. For the naming ceremony, get a female imam or pastor to conduct the proceedings while your man carries the baby throughout. You are just being sarcastic here. If I am the one that is pregnant, why is the man going on maternity leave? And frankly speaking, I believe that men should go on paternity leave, stay at home and help out with the baby. At least they might start to appreciate that caring for a baby is not automatically coded into women's DNA.

Do not breastfeed the baby, as only weak and suppressed women do so. Do not bathe, dress up or drop the baby in school. Of course, your man should do all these compulsorily. Tell him you're a feminist and it is NOT a man's world. There are plenty of babies that were not breastfed and the world did not end. And there were a lot of reasons why their mothers didn't breastfeed them and it is not up to you to judge them. I know of a baby who refused to breastfeed and starved for almost a week because everyone kept telling the mother that breastfeeding was the only way to go. Finally, an older woman came to visit, looked at the situation, went out and bought formula for the baby. Which the baby hungrily ate. The world didn't end and the baby is a healthy teenager now.
And why shouldn't my man take care of his child? Is he supposed to leave the care of the baby to me alone? We are parents, we parent together. That's it.

Socially

Sit down at events or offices with your legs carelessly separated like a man. Considering the fact that I wear trousers 95% of the time, I sit however I want. And this concerns you, how?
Stop plaiting your hair or fixing artificial hair or lashes or wearing heels or wear make-up. Men don't do all that. But I am not a man. And the way I dress should be MY decision, not imposed on me by other people. I don't tell you how to dress, you don't tell me how to dress.

When you want to swim at public pools, don't wear a bikini. Why should only men wear their boxers or briefs in public? Wear boxers like them too, expose your bosoms and swim. Totally confused as to what point you are trying to make.

Religion

Get traditional religion to give more room/rights to females to become Oro/Ogun/Ifa priestesses as the ones dedicated to the female gender (osun and yemoja) are not sufficient or even discriminatory. The same thing applies to Hinduism. Actually, this is a very good and valid suggestion. Kudos. I'm Catholic and the church is very chauvinistic in a lot of things.

Politics
Encourage women and your fellow feminists to contest for elections and attend nightly political meetings and gatherings. They may also choose to become political thugs and hangers-on. Very apolitical here so don't really care. But if women want to become politicians, that is their choice and not mine to judge. And it speaks poorly of your mind frame if politics to you equates to thuggery.

Others

Talk to your man anyhow afterall you're equal to him. I can see you'll even be able to do this well from the way you responded above. People are addressed the way they address others. If as a man, you address me rudely, why would you expect politeness in return? And what does it mean to talk to someone anyhow? We talk normally. Or are you expecting me to call my husband, my lord, any time I address him?

Do you know why? What the majority of those reasonable and realistic women want is not the notion of equality with men (that's even naturally unattainable as I've shown) BUT equity and fairness in the way they're treated by men and the society at large.
Okay. Agreed. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I am me and he is he. I have no right to define who he should be and he has no right to define who I should be. So what was all the long story on top for?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
CNN80: Okay. Agreed. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I am me and he is he. I have no right to define who he should be and he has no right to define who I should be. So what was all the long story on top for?

U get time! Lol!

I would not waste my time analyzing a poster who thinks it's ok for a man to talk to his wife rudely or a man is defined by sitting arrangements or hair do. I am 100% sure deeper life members are men since they do not fix or other stuffs.

A man is not superior to a woman yet he has the license to talk to her anyhow or demand his food from her while he watches TV.

@Pukkah, there is nothing wrong in admitting you believe men are more superior or whatever...

The opinion is yours and you are fully entitled to it.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 4:09am On Aug 01, 2013
coogar: Why I loathe feminism... and believe it will ultimately destroy the family

women-hating men have been saying the same for almost 200yrs now and the family still isn't destroyed yet.

"women gaining power to vote in elections will destroy the family blah blah blah.
women using birth control will destroy the family blah blah blah"
women working as professionals (doctors, lawyers, businesswomen) will destroy the family blah blah blah
women going to university instead of marrying at age 18 will destroy the family blah blah blah
women deciding not to wear white on their wedding will destroy the family blah blah
women calling the police on abusive husbands/wife beaters will destroy the family blah blah
*roll eyes*

ur problem with women having freedom of choice is that... your problem. there is nothing u can do about it. women aren't slaves or children. they can decide whether or not to wear white on their wedding. whether or not to keep their maiden name.

if u don't like it, move to saudi arabia. have fun with the talibans. there u can wrap the women up in burqas and make sure they don't see the light of day if u wish.

let me tell you a secret: the only way to eliminate feminism is to eliminate education for girls starting at a young age. Education is very empowering. So next time, marry off ur daughter at a young age instead of sending her to school. I guarantee you 100% she will never become a feminist wink

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2013
[Quote author=99cent] So next time, marry off ur daughter at age 13 instead of sending her to school. I guarantee you 100% she will never become a feminist wink
[/quote]Really? At 13, I'd say she has all the time in the world to become one.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

women-hating men have been saying the same for almost 200yrs now and the family still isn't destroyed yet.

"women gaining power to vote in elections will destroy the family blah blah blah.
women working as professionals (doctors, lawyers, businesswomen) will destroy the family blah blah blah
women going to university instead of marrying at age 18 will destroy the family blah blah blah
women deciding not to wear white on their wedding will destroy the family blah blah
women calling the police on abusive husbands/wife beaters will destroy the family blah blah
*roll eyes*

ur problem with women having freedom of choice is that... your problem. there is nothing u can do about it. women aren't slaves or children. they can decide whether or not to wear white on their wedding. whether or not to keep their maiden name.

if u don't like it, move to saudi arabia. have fun with the talibans. there u can wrap the women up in burqas and make sure they don't see the light of day if u wish.

let me tell you a secret: the only way to eliminate feminism is to eliminate education for girls starting at a young age. Education is very empowering. So next time, marry off ur daughter at age 13 instead of sending her to school. I guarantee you 100% she will never become a feminist wink
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 11:37am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

what a ridiculous and a disgusting thing to say, what's the rate of divorce in the 60s in comparison to now? has the new wave of feminism helped keep families happy or has it destroyed the family? there's a research out there that even proves women's happiness has decreased since the birth of modern feminism in the 70s.....

don't chart a territory you are clueless about, i'd advise you to shut up and listen!

*roll eyes*

you are a disgrace to formal education.....
there has never been a time men suggested women voting would destroy the family....that's bullshyte you contrived to pull out of your arsë....

i would endeavour to school you on the subject.....
women voted in some parts of the US as far back as 1869 in wyoming and that was aeons before the term feminism(1882) was invented. women voted all over the US since 1920, finland in 1906, UK since 1928 and they have been voting all over new zealand since 1893.....

yes, let's give feminism some of the credits they don't deserve, you asswipë!

oh shut up your mouth, you mollusc.
who says women cannot decide what they want to wear or which maiden names they want to keep? women have been doing all this before feminism even started.....there are women out there who aren't feminists and they kept maiden names or shunned the white wedding......they did it because of their choices and not because they are using it to fight equality nor using it to denigrate the men....

there's a difference in the motives.....

yet another idiotic utterance.....
we are talking about modern feminism destroying the moral fabric and she's talking about saudi arabia, what's the correlation? how has modern feminism dealt with the fact that children are the primary victims of their cause?

let me tell you a secret: the only way to eliminate feminism is to eliminate education for girls starting at a young age. Education is very empowering. So next time, marry off ur daughter at a young age instead of sending her to school. I guarantee you 100% she will never become a feminist wink

i am so sure you have a virus-ridden cerebellum. the feminism that fought for education of the women has long won the war way before you were conceived - nothing can stop or reverse that and that's not what i am talking about - seeing that you lacked the horse sense of spotting the difference.....

the feminism(new wave) i am against is the one that is denigrating men, fighting for superiority and not equality. the feminism that claims all men are räpists(including your dad and brothers). the feminism that claims all the female prisons should be closed in the UK and converted into male prisons as no woman is dangerous enough to be locked away for years....

i dunno why you think i am worried about my daughter becoming a feminist. how can she? she won't be raised by an abusive father like you were raised. only women with troubled and disturbing childhood like yourself, raised by abusive fathers wear feminism like a bullet-proof vest.

women who were raised by good fathers in a loving and peaceful family unit do not need feminism as a refuge - they have trusted fathers that will fight for them if anyone tries to harm them. 99 cent, you don't need feminism, all you need is therapy by a good shrink to heal the scars of your childhood.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.