Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38791 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by MrsChima(f): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2013
fresh_dude: [Quote author=99cent] So next time, marry off ur daughter at age 13 instead of sending her to school. I guarantee you 100% she will never become a feminist wink
Really? At 13, I'd say she has all the time in the world to become one.

Free her jor! She was being sarcastic. grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by passionate88: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

the feminism(new wave) i am against is the one that is denigrating men, fighting for superiority and not equality. the feminism that claims all men are räpists(including your dad and brothers). the feminism that claims all the female prisons should be closed in the UK and converted into male prisons as no woman is dangerous enough to be locked away for years....
so na d kind thing these nairalanders wan turn naija to?. E no go happen

coogar:
i dunno why you think i am worried about my daughter becoming a feminist. how can she? she won't be raised by an abusive father like you were raised. only women with troubled and disturbing childhood like yourself, raised by abusive fathers wear feminism like a bullet-proof vest.

So so on point. But yet them no go gree gree. Always in denial.

coogar:
women who were raised by good fathers in a loving and peaceful family unit do not need feminism as a refuge - they have trusted fathers that will fight for them if anyone tries to harm them.

Maybe dm think say all household dey like their own, mama dey always complain say daddy do this, children see daddy as him dey beat mama, papa na drunkard, bt coogar, wetin b d solution na?.

coogar:
99 cent, you don't need feminism, all you need is therapy by a good shrink to heal the scars of your childhood.
gbam!. U hit d nail squarely on d head. Make una go therapy and d ones wey dey lay claim to "christianity" make una "pray" ova am. Mayb as d messiah too na man dm no dey pray to am. Hmmmm
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
passionate88:
Maybe dm think say all household dey like their own, mama dey always complain say daddy do this, children see daddy as him dey beat mama, papa na drunkard, bt coogar, wetin b d solution na?.

not all men are bad and not all women are good. women can be as bad as men. what's the solution? modern feminism should fight for equality, not superiority!

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

not all men are bad and not all women are good. women can be as bad as men. what's the solution? modern feminism should fight for equality, not superiority!

I thought you are against equality?

P.S.: you can pass your message without being insultive.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:
I thought you are against equality?
P.S.: you can pass your message without being insultive.

how can i be against equality? show me where i said women don't deserve to be in school or gain employment? the fight for equality had been won aeons ago - what we have today is the fight for superiority.....

the person i insulted started the personal attack talking about my daughter......in equality, it's give and take. if she can give it, then she must learn to take it.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

how can i be against equality? show me where i said women don't deserve to be in school or gain employment? the fight for equality had been won aeons ago - what we have today is the fight for superiority.....

the person i insulted started the personal attack talking about my daughter......in equality, it's give and take. if she can give it, then she must learn to take it.

The truth is that inequality/equality starts from the mind/heart.

How would you prove to be better when you do 'an eye for an eye'

A poster mentions your daughter, tell him/her to stir clear of your family and face you cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:
The truth is that inequality/equality starts from the mind/heart. How would you prove to be better when you do 'an eye for an eye'

nah - fighting for superiority mocks the memory of the true fighters of feminism. all they wanted was equality - not asking for lawmakers to close female prisons as women cannot be that dangerous to be in prison. what the heck is that?

A poster mentions your daughter, tell him/her to stir clear of your family and face you cheesy

i don't babysit posters who step out of line.....i return thunder for fire!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

nah - fighting for superiority mocks the memory of the true fighters of feminism. all they wanted was equality - not asking for lawmakers to close female prisons as women cannot be that dangerous to be in prison. what the heck is that?

i don't babysit posters who step out of line.....i return thunder for fire!

There will always be extremists and fanatics in every cause/movement.

Boko Harams, Ignorant Christians etc. comes to mind.

However, I always wonder when every anti-feminist (especially on NL) sees the extreme ones as a representation of the whole embarassed

I used to say 'what a man can do, a woman can do also' till it occurred to me that I was only doing what I accused men of doing: Claiming to be superior...

So now it is 'what a man can do, a woman can do also' cheesy

My mantra is always 'Do unto others as you want others to do unto you'

What era/wave of feminist does that make me? cheesy tongue
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
@coogar...

pity you are wasting your time with a drivel-full personality

A person that so hates men that she derided Mandela as a jobless person - racist

A person that idolises Dame Faka Patience

Misandrist who hates the colour of her skin
Dont bother...

99cent: there should be a feminism music video. We need more noise...

Mandela is back in the news due to his illness. But let's take a look back to his "noisemaking" days which he got jailed for. Bunch of jobless activists noisemakers against apartheid. Who remembers d "free nelson mandela" song?

this is beyond absurd and I am highly disappointed in Soyinka.
according to him, it is "unconstitutional" for wives to give their husbands and friends political opinion. LOL

I guess he feels he (as a male) should have more authority over Nigerian politics than our first lady should have. seeing as he has an opinion on everything and doesn't seem to see the problem with his own actively meddling involvement in Nigerian politics. I wonder how he rationalizes that.

https://www.nairaland.com/1268672/should-all-feminists-chimamanda-adichie/39#16791764
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:
There will always be extremists and fanatics in every cause/movement. Boko Harams, Ignorant Christians etc. comes to mind. However, I always wonder when every anti-feminist (especially on NL) sees the extreme ones as a representation of the whole embarassed

every anti-feminism on NL sees the feminazis as a representation of the whole because the equality war has been won already. what else are you still fighting for? are women not in school? do women not vote? what organisation is anti-female in our world today? so what else is there to fight for if not superiority?

I used to say 'what a man can do, a woman can do also' till it occurred to me that I was only doing what I accused men of doing: Claiming to be superior...

you are a modern wave feminist = feminazi. the pioneers have won the war way before we were born. women were voting in the 1890s in the US and if you must know, many men(non-landowners and coloured men) were forbidden from voting in the past too.

biolabee: @coogar...
pity you are wasting your time with a drivel-full personality

A person that so hates men that she derided Mandela as a jobless person - racist

A person that idolises Dame Faka Patience

Misandrist who hates the colour of her skin
Dont bother...

99cent needs therapy!

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
If i may ask you

- Do you believe there are wage disparities between a male and female employed for the same job, same day

- What is your stance on abortion

we have already discussed on submission earlier .. so no need

bukatyne:

There will always be extremists and fanatics in every cause/movement.

Boko Harams, Ignorant Christians etc. comes to mind.

However, I always wonder when every anti-feminist (especially on NL) sees the extreme ones as a representation of the whole embarassed

My mantra is always 'Do unto others as you want others to do unto you'

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Schooled...

I dont know how graduates will still be pandering something as absurd as gender parity
That men earn more than women irrespective

That my aboki earns more than a female banker

Shmucks

coogar:

every anti-feminism on NL sees the feminazis as a representation of the whole because the equality war has been won already. what else are you still fighting for? are women not in school? do women not vote? what organisation is anti-female in our world today? so what else is there to fight for if not superiority?

you are a modern wave feminist = feminazi. the pioneers have won the war way before we were born. women were voting in the 1890s in the US and if you must know, many men(non-landowners and coloured men) were forbidden from voting in the past too.

99cent needs therapy!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
biolabee: If i may ask you

- Do you believe there are wage disparities between a male and female employed for the same job, same day

- What is your stance on abortion

we have already discussed on submission earlier .. so no need

Biolabee,

I am always wary of answering your questions because I do not know where you stand or what you want to achieve embarassed

Abortion is a sin abi you no bi Christian?

As for wage disparity, I have never witnessed it. cheesy shocked
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Theres no need to be wary grin

Personally i have nothing against abortion...(i believe in choice) and good of you to be clear on the so-called wage gap

I believe you are a professionall,....

So why do these people still bandy the same mantra of wage gap... bla bla bla
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
biolabee: Schooled...
I dont know how graduates will still be pandering something as absurd as gender parity
That men earn more than women irrespective

That my aboki earns more than a female banker
Shmucks

the gender wage-gap is another myth cooked up by feminists to cause commotion. i remember this issue was raised by that obnoxious, vile feminist equality minister(miss harriet harman) in the UK........until she was put in her place by the hacks....

as you can see, women who work part-time in the UK actually earn more than their male counterparts.....

During the summer, watchdog Sir Michael Scholar, head of the UK Statistics Authority, wrote twice to Miss Harman's department warning of misleading use of gender gap data.

He told the Equalities Minister in the spring that her interpretation of state earnings surveys could 'confuse the general public' and 'undermine public trust in official statistics'.

Yesterday the ONS report pointed out that because 41 per cent of women in employment work parttime, compared with only 11 per cent of men, Miss Harman's preferred method skews the figures to make women look worse off.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
biolabee: Theres no need to be wary grin

Personally i have nothing against abortion...(i believe in choice) and good of you to be clear on the so-called wage gap

I believe you are a professional,....

So why do these people still bandy the same mantra of wage gap... bla bla bla

Professional wetin? Feminist? tongue

The truth is that I will never say what I have not seen to buttress/win a debate
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:

Professional wetin? Feminist? tongue

The truth is that I will never say what I have not seen to buttress/win a debate

When i mean professional, i mean like working...

so you are speaking from experience and not regurgitating some gospel without even processing same...

I have told you countlessly that you are not a feminist.. but rather a humanist who believes in justice
Coogar put up a video some days ago where feminists desttoyed a meeting for victims of female abuse
Implied in thier actions are that men can never suffer domestic abuse

HAHAHA
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Coogar and Biolabee,

True that girls go to school, vote, I have not witnessed the wage disparity etc.

BUT

There is still a lot of work to be done on the mindset of people.

Read through NL and you see that a lot of guys still believe they are superior to women and this reflects very well in the marriage setting.

A man has no qualms having female colleagues but does not want his wife (the woman 'under' him to work); a lot have said the house chores is beneath them, they feel women should be able to cope with infidelity and abuse etc.

The inequality now is of the mind and this is where we need the help of our parents esp mothers...

It's well cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
biolabee:

When i mean professional, i mean like working...

so you are speaking from experience and not regurgitating some gospel without even processing same...

I have told you countlessly that you are not a feminist.. but rather a humanist who believes in justice
Coogar put up a video some days ago where feminists destroyed a meeting for victims of female abuse
Implied in thier actions are that men can never suffer domestic abuse

HAHAHA

Lol!

Die feminist bukatyne and rise humanist bukatyne cheesy

I guess because I view everything in the light of God's word grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Frankly what I dont get is their innate desire to just insult...

Especially unprovoked..

The imagery i get of them is that of a sex-starved snakelike shrew that just lashes out at any iota of testosterone
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
biolabee: Frankly what I dont get is their innate desire to just insult...

Especially unprovoked..

The imagery i get of them is that of a sex-starved snakelike shrew that just lashes out at any iota of testosterone

It's not a quality of feminists

Check out 'My marriage is in trouble' thread to see how acclaimed non-feminists are digging it grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
oh,,, that one..na today.... they will tire and be banned
They are serial e-fighters so they must rid themselves of the beef before they stop

Na today,...

They will be joined by others sooner than later
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:
It's not a quality of feminists

Check out 'My marriage is in trouble' thread to see how acclaimed non-feminists are digging it grin

it's actually the main qualities of the modern wave feminists.......they are vile, obnoxious, aggressive, self-centred, priggish, caustic and with a deep-rooted hatred for the opposite gender.

if a woman is not exhibiting these traits, then you don't belong to the posse of modern feminists!

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

it's actually the main qualities of the modern wave feminists.......they are vile, obnoxious, aggressive, self-centred, priggish, caustic and with a deep-rooted hatred for the opposite gender.

if a woman is not exhibiting these traits, then you don't belong to the posse of modern feminists!

Just now you said every feminist is a modern one grin

Most or all the participants have claimed NOT to be feminists cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:
Just now you said every feminist is a modern one grin

of course, anyone still championing feminism today is the modern one. the first wave of feminism died last century.

Most or all the participants have claimed NOT to be feminists cheesy

you are getting it wrong - a woman can be aggressive and caustic without being a feminist, but all modern feminists are aggressive and caustic....

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bukatyne(f): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

of course, anyone still championing feminism today is the modern one. the first wave of feminism died last century.

you are getting it wrong - a woman can be aggressive and caustic without being a feminist, but all modern feminists are aggressive and caustic....

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed angry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
If it is mentality.. that will take time be patient

You're talking of a transition from a patriarchal mindset in afrika to one where women are treated as partners

It will take time but dont tar all males with the brush of misogynists n rapi.sts as some of your ilk do

bukatyne: Coogar and Biolabee,

True that girls go to school, vote, I have not witnessed the wage disparity etc.

BUT

There is still a lot of work to be done on the mindset of people.

Read through NL and you see that a lot of guys still believe they are superior to women and this reflects very well in the marriage setting.

A man has no qualms having female colleagues but does not want his wife (the woman 'under' him to work); a lot have said the house chores is beneath them, they feel women should be able to cope with infidelity and abuse etc.

The inequality now is of the mind and this is where we need the help of our parents esp mothers...

It's well cheesy

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

Dont forget acerbic
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
bukatyne:

Oh well cheesy I'm born again oh Abeg.

biolabee:

Dont forget acerbic

Person die? Wetin cheesy cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
^^^^^ na so....
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by CNN80: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
coogar:

And this is why I refused to have a discussion with you. I love having intellectual discourses with people. We don't even have to agree, we just have to have an open mind about each other's point of view. But you!! You've made up your mind about something that doesn't even directly affect you, tarred and feathered anyone who has a contrary view and launched vitriolic attacks against people who argue with you.

Because of this, I usually skip over your post and by doing so, it is possible that I have missed out on learning something new and good from you. But when you present good food in an unpalatable manners, the chances of anyone eating it is low.

Why do I even bother?

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
CNN80:
And this is why I refused to have a discussion with you. I love having intellectual discourses with people. We don't even have to agree, we just have to have an open mind about each other's point of view. But you!! You've made up your mind about something that doesn't even directly affect you, tarred and feathered anyone who has a contrary view and launched vitriolic attacks against people who argue with you.

errrrrr, does it look like i give a flying fück if you refuse to have a discussion with me?

Because of this, I usually skip over your post and by doing so, it is possible that I have missed out on learning something new and good from you. But when you present good food in an unpalatable manners, the chances of anyone eating it is low.

Why do I even bother?

i don't make these comments to please you or anyone - my opinion is my opinion. you either dance to it or ignore it completely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76