Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52273 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by zika1(f): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
thorpido: First of all,there is nothing like pentecostal christians.It was a word coined in ignorance.
Jesus said,ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God'(Matt 22:29)

You need to go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 14 again.You also need a teacher who can lead you right.
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy.For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God,indeed no one understands them,they utter mysteries by the Spirit.But the one who prophecies speaks to people for their strengthening,encouraging and comfort...'(1 Cor 14-)

Indeed when a man speaks in tongues,the people do not understand him but the bible says he edifices his own spirit.Apostle Paul however said it is better to prophecy because it benefits more people.

See Apostle Paul's statement:'I speak in tongues more than all of you'(Vs 18).Why would he make such statement and even say he does it more if it was fake?
I hv tried reading the books paul wrote many times nd what amazes me about him is dat he contradicts himself a lot. Jst like dis 1.I'm nt surprised u guyz are both qouting paul nd hvin issues.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
It is nt necessarily important that the church gain wen d pple ar speaking in tongues coz d speaker is edifying himself nd strengthening his inner man,but oda gifts lyk prophesy,healing are for d church,and there ar many benefits of speaking in tongues so it is important in d lyf of true believer......i dnt knw y sum pple tinks speaking in tongues is nt real wen it is found in d bible....if sum1 is speaking in tongues in ur church,leave him alone,it is personal,nt 4 ur usage.....#MY THOUGHT#....#and this thread needs to be CANCELLED to prevent confusion within believers,pple cant stop u frm believing wat u want to believe so leave evrytin 4 God#....#UNFOLLOW TOPIC on point!!![b][/b]
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

Read my post again I address that... Anymore who speak in swahilli in redeem doesn't speak to the people(church) but to him and God. GOD understand every tongue. Read Corin till you get to verse 20 and ur eyes will be opened
if you want to get lost then do it peacefully and quietly. Instead of trying to win souls, you are here trying to push people away from God out of ignorance.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
blink182: if you want to get lost then do it peacefully and quietly. Instead of trying to win souls, you are here trying to push people away from God out of ignorance.

I understand bro... that what you believe is being questioned and you dont like it... but could you try and reason with what i have said? or do you dismiss it before you read it.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ayoolapaul90: @ Op & potentials Born again on this thread. Pls at times if am praying especially while worshipping God. I discovered myself singing and praying in tongues. Pls can somebody help me out. I cant confirm perhaps am speaking amist or truely doing the right worship God wanted from me.
you are on track and you are growing. 1 cor 14:15
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
EOD;
The reason why the Op is against this is because he and some of his proponents are not baptized in the Holy Spirit. Only those who experience it knows the benefiti.
#finito!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
Prince adebayo: It is nt necessarily important that the church gain wen d pple ar speaking in tongues coz d speaker is edifying himself nd strengthening his inner man,but oda gifts lyk prophesy,healing are for d church,and there ar many benefits of speaking in tongues so it is important in d lyf of true believer......i dnt knw y sum pple tinks speaking in tongues is nt real wen it is found in d bible....if sum1 is speaking in tongues in ur church,leave him alone,it is personal,nt 4 ur usage.....#my thoughts#....#and this thread needs to be cancelled to prevent confusion within believers,pple cant stop u frm believing wat u want to believe so leave evrytin 4 God#....#UNFOLLOW TOPIC on point!!!

because tongues means languages... you know your mothers tongue... it might be ijaw and you might also know your father's tongue which might be calabar and you might also know the tongue of the people that colonize us... which is called english.. you know the nigerian tongue which is pigeon english.... tongue = languages...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
*unfollows thread* lesson learnt, never argue with a self glorified ignoramus. Never attempt to teach one who does not want to learn. *unfollows thread*

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

because tongues means languages... you know your mothers tongue... it might be ijaw and you might also know your father's tongue which might be calabar and you might also know the tongue of the people that colonize us... which is called english.. you know the nigerian tongue which is pigeon english.... tongue = languages...
you cant be comparing spiritual language or things with the languages or things of this world
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by mooregan(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nigerians!! We bother ourselves too much about issues as if we don't have what to do. If ur faith doesn't support it, then believe in what u believe and move on. Let de person who believes in tongues believe in it. Nobody is forced to. As christians, we condemn others too much. Its an era of salvation not condemnation. I believe our aim is to all make heaven, so let's focus on what our faith teaches us, so we can make heaven. Heaven is for everybody, whether Orthodox, Pentecostal or Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
Prince adebayo: you cant be comparing spiritual language or things with the languages or things of this world

lmao... where is this idea coming from... bring a bible verse...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
mooregan: Nigerians!! We bother ourselves too much about issues as if we don't have what to do. If ur faith doesn't support it, then believing in what u believe and move on. Let de person who believes in tongues believe in it. Nobody is forced to. As christians, we condemn others too much. Its an era of salvation not condemnation. I believe our aim is to all make heaven, so let's focus on what our faith teaches us, so we can make heaven. Heaven is for everybody, whether Orthodox, Pentecostal or Catholic.

we should minister to everyone bro... if i see you walking towards a cliff its my duty to try and tell you that is the wrong way... but if you are sure then you can take your self trusted path... cheesy
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ijawkid(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
I think what would solve this speaking of tongues issue is when people understand why the gift of speaking in tongues was given to the apostles in the first place......

WHY WERE THE APOSTLES GIVEN THIS SPECIAL GIFT??.......

IS THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES STILL NECESSARY and NEEDED IN THESE LAST DAYS??........
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135: *unfollows thread* lesson learnt, never argue with a self glorified ignoramus. Never attempt to teach one who does not want to learn. *unfollows thread*
to bring you back i will like your comment once again.

[size=18pt]question from paul him self[/size]
Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? 7 Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? 8 Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? 9 So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. 10 Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. 11 If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me. 12 So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

This said it all...

4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified

The bold explain it.

If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. (1 Cor 14:27-28)

Question is do you have interpreters for those who speak gibberish aka kakayankaya in church?

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
ijawkid: I think what would solve this speaking of tongues issue is when people understand why the gift of speaking in tongues was given to the apostles in the first place......

WHY WERE THE APOSTLES GIVEN THIS SPECIAL GIFT??.......

IS THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES STILL NECESSARY and NEEDED IN THESE LAST DAYS??........

I told them already o... Jesus ask them to Go into the world and preach the Gospel... you expect them to use Greek preach to ijawkid like my friend here? how ijaw man wan use understand Greek? So the gift of tongue was given to them... simple
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by mooregan(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

we should minister to everyone bro... if i see you walking towards a cliff its my duty to try and tell you that is the wrong way... but if you are sure then you can take your self trusted path... cheesy
Bro, de Practise of de Orthodox, de catholics n de Pentecostals r somehow different, but de bottom line is that as Christians, we all believe in Salvation thru Jesus Christ n that's de most important thing. So saying u r trying to show some1 what is wrong is simply causing division. There r pple who do not know christ, u can devote urself to bringing dem to de knowledge of Jesus christ, it will be more benefiting than arguing with pple who r already in christ weda or not to speak in tongues.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
mooregan:
Bro, de Practise of de Orthodox, de catholics n de Pentecostals r somehow different, but de bottom line is that as Christians, we all believe in Salvation thru Jesus Christ n that's de most important thing. So saying u r trying to show some1 what is wrong is simply causing division. There r pple who do not know christ, u can devote urself to bringing dem to de knowledge of Jesus christ, it will be more benefiting than arguing with pple who r already in christ weda or not to speak in tongues.

when the catholic worship Mary and ignore the Command God gave not to bow down to image aka idol aka molded Mary... just because they believe salvation in Jesus and commit all this abomination doesnt mean they are saved man.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by GatJokez(f): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
Not supported? Or you twist the bible to suit your believe that speaking in tongues is not real.

Isn't that what most people do, especially preachers, twist the bible to how they understand? It's all about perception, plain and simple.

My opinion on speaking in tongues is that it is a whole bunch of none sense and gibberish. A person should not have to go to the extremes to display faith in God. There are those (also found in Holiness Pentecostal churches) who drink sionide and handle poisonous snakes all in the name of receiving the holy ghost and prove outmost faith in God. This is straight craziness!! I don't think Jesus really intended for his followers to do crazy things to prove and test their faith. SMH
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
GatJokez:

Isn't that what most people do, especially preachers, twist the bible to how they understand? It's all about perception, plain and simple.

My opinion on speaking in tongues is that it is a whole bunch of none sense and gibberish. A person should not have to go to the extremes to display faith in God. There are those (also found in Holiness Pentecostal churches) who drink sionide and handle poisonous snakes all in the name of receiving the holy ghost and prove outmost faith in God. This is straight craziness!! I don't think Jesus really intended for his followers to do crazy things to prove and test their faith. SMH

My sister tell them...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:
to bring you back i will like your comment once again.

[size=18pt]question from paul him self[/size]
Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? 7 Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? 8 Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? 9 So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. 10 Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. 11 If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me. 12 So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

This said it all...

4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified

The bold explain it.

If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. (1 Cor 14:27-28)

Question is do you have interpreters for those who speak gibberish aka kakayankaya in church?
i aint gonna reply you again. Am done with this thread. Goodluck with your christian experience.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ijawkid(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

I told them already o... Jesus ask them to Go into the world and preach the Gospel... you expect them to use Greek preach to ijawkid like my friend here? how ijaw man wan use understand Greek? So the gift of tongue was given to them... simple

The truth is without the gift of speaking in tongues back then it would have been impossible for those few Jews back then to had preached to all persons.......

Today we have the complete scriptures in all existing languages..........

There is simply no need for that gift......

I still can't understand why I should be preaching to an audience that understands english perfectly and still want to speak in tongues....

What I have come to notice is that many persons think that speaking in tongues is a prequisite that ordains one as being filled with the holy spirit.......

But na LIE!!!!!........

Even Jesus himself didn't need to speak in tongues because his audience were mostly Jews........

Why can't people just understand that the core reason why this gift was dished out was for preaching the goodnews....

NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS......

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
ijawkid:

The truth is without the gift of speaking in tongues back then it would have been impossible for those few Jews back then to had preached to all persons.......

Today we have the complete scriptures in all existing languages..........

There is simply no need for that gift......

I still can't understand why I should be preaching to an audience that understands english perfectly and still want to speak in tongues....

What I have come to notice is that many persons think that speaking in tongues is a prequisite that ordains one as being filled with the holy spirit.......

But na LIE!!!!!........

Even Jesus himself didn't need to speak in tongues because his audience were mostly Jews........

Why can't people just understand that the core reason why this gift was dished out was for preaching the goodnews....

NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS......

ask them why Paul says he rather have them prophecy than speaking in tongues... and he went on to say those who prophesy is greater than those who speak in TONGUES... EXCEPT SOMEONE INTERPRET IT...

Question... why will Paul be Down grading the Gift of the tongue there?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Jccy(f): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
I~diot dndnt u read d last supper? Jesus decipls spk in diffrnt language whc de could nt undrstd
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Jccy(f): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
And it says d holy spirit was upon dem
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nokingasgod: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
frosbel:

Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher and false prophet.

We should refer to the bible to resolve any issues we have and not MEN who in many cases teach contrary to Christ.

May be Kenneth Hagin is the expected Son of Man!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Leave any church that does not speak or believe in speaking in tongues.
THREAD CLOSED
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Jccy: I~diot dndnt u read d last supper? Jesus decipls spk in diffrnt language whc de could nt undrstd

ouch...

Acts 2:1-6

2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.

you see people understand what they were speaking...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
@ Benalvino,

Since you refused to start a new thread, I will start a new thread later dis week or next and call you to reasoning scriptures together PLUS [b]frosbel, ijawkid, shdemidemi, Tgirl, truthislight and others [/b]so we can all come together and deal with this once and for all.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Strongbest(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
thorpido: First of all,there is nothing like pentecostal christians.It was a word coined in ignorance.
Jesus said,ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God'(Matt 22:29)

You need to go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 14 again.You also need a teacher who can lead you right.
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy.For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God,indeed no one understands them,they utter mysteries by the Spirit.But the one who prophecies speaks to people for their strengthening,encouraging and comfort...'(1 Cor 14-)

Indeed when a man speaks in tongues,the people do not understand him but the bible says he edifices his own spirit.Apostle Paul however said it is better to prophecy because it benefits more people.

See Apostle Paul's statement:'I speak in tongues more than all of you'(Vs 18).Why would he make such statement and even say he does it more if it was fake?
. God bless u Sir! D truth is dat" A carnal man can't undrstnd d tin of d Spirit..1corin.2v14"... I strongly blive in d ministry of Praying in d Spirit. May God open our eyez of undrstndn IJN ( amen).

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Strongbest(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2013

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360: @ Benalvino,

Since you refused to start a new thread, I will start a new thread later dis week or next and call you to reasoning scriptures together PLUS [b]frosbel, ijawkid, shdemidemi, Tgirl, truthislight and others [/b]so we can all come together and deal with this once and for all.

ok when you ready... lol smiley
I will talk to ijawkid because for once we will be on same side... lmao even frosbel is on my side on this... hahahaha
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
2 Timothy 4:3
3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

It seems today's itchy ears loves hearing these 'ra ka sham ba ro ko so to' in churches today.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.