Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52272 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

Goshen you are a wise guy... Maybe you haven't looked into this issue... But tgirl and I can discuss it with you.

I will be MORE THAN GLAD to systematically discuss this subject\topic with you and tgirl. You can start a new thread with my I.D and Tgirl. I hope people will not derail it like this one or if you like, we can do it HERE ON THIS THREAD, SLOWLY AND STEADILY. Tell me what you like to do, open new thread or stay here.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by noblefada: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

I am a christian... I dont have to go to church to be a christian... Jesus says come to me, he didn't say go to that church. If you can build up faith and trust in God at your room then its ok.

Am not ignorant... When you people read Corinthians you stop at just one verse and flush the rest... So what Paul was saying became something else. Read my post I did the explaination of that verse for you... Its for you to pick up bible and reason with what I just said.
Again you show ur ignorance, all the early Apostle had churches in-fact peoples houses were used has churches, even our Lord wrote to churches in Rev 2. the reason I asked 4 ur church is for me to know who I'm dealing with.
I don't want to join issues with u on a subject that is very clear but just because of brethren that might read this, pls kindly explain the ffg scripture
Mar 16:15-17 KJV 15: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
noblefada:
Again you show ur ignorance, all the early Apostle had churches in-fact peoples houses were used has churches, even our Lord wrote to churches in Rev 2. the reason I asked 4 ur church is for me to know who I'm dealing with.
I don't want to join issues with u on a subject that is very clear but just because of brethren that might read this, pls kindly explain the ffg scripture
Mar 16:15-17 KJV 15: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
friend, dont waste your energy on him. He seeks to argue and not to learn.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
The subject of 'SPEAKING' and 'PRAYING' in tongues is as clear as a day light. Paul NEVER taught AGAINST praying in tongues BUT HE CORRECTED THE ABUSE OF TONGUES.

Just like se.x is not wrong in his correction to the Corinthian church,but se.x with wrong person or unnatural is what abuses se.x and makes it wrong. Hence, Paul wrote to correct WRONG se.xual activities. The same is subject of tongues, not praying in tongues that Paul said WAS WRONG but how it was practiced. This is what goes on in our Pentecostal churches where people just ALL speak or pray in tongues WITHOUT interpretation. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG NOT THE PRAYING IN TONGUE ITSELF.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
Speaking in tongues ended with the apostles and only those they laid their hands on then. The tongues of today are from the deceiver satan.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ozoemeka(m): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
In a bid to understand, I have questions. Firstly,
V. 1 and V. C seem to contradict. as with VI 1

How and where specifically did Paul say the gifts would cease, in 1 Cor 13, if I am not mistaken he mentions knowledge too, does that mean knowledge of any kind should be ceased?

Acts 1:4,5 mention a gift The Father has promised, it does not INCLUDE the fact that this is for them ONLY...according to you, others they laid hands on received it, so won't that go against you in V.1

Also can you then explain Mark 16:16-18 ?

I humbly expect your reply.

benalvino: One of the "Tenets" of the Pentecostal movement is the belief in the infilling of the "Holy Spirit" with the evidence of "Speaking in Tongues" or an "Unknown Tongue". There own interpretation of this is the Spirit of God ... "The Holy Ghost" ... is speaking through them. and if the holy spirit is speaking through them how do they know what they are praying to God? they usual pray in tongues(gibberish) in Nigeria and preach in normal English or known tongue(language)

like in the youtube video hisblud posted... They will further explain that sometimes they do not know what they are saying and the those present do not know what is being said. Many times they will rely on an interpreter to explain what has been said. The Bible speaks of no such thing! Many of these believers are deceived and are not speaking in any tongue .. let alone an unknown tongue. Those who are present may become confused for all they here are sounds of "gibbering" and "jabbering". Those who sincerely believe in "speaking in tongues" believe that this is necessary for an individual to be completely saved to the "uttermost". All this "seeking" for the "Holy Ghost" takes place after being baptized in accordance with (Acts 2:38) .. in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins. (1 Cor 14)

I: The Bible Speaks of an Unknown Tongue. (1 Cor 14:2)

A. Even then it is unknown (the language) to the individual being spoken to.

1. The speaker at times understands what he is saying but those he is speaking to .. do not. ... His understanding in unfruitful.

2. As a result, he speaks to God and he alone is edified (through understanding) ... To those present it is meaningless ... because his language is "unknown" to them.

a. What good has he done for the those he is speaking to?

b. What good had he done for himself? (1 Cor 14:4) ... (PURPOSE OF PREACHING!)

II. We Know That By "Tongue" ... Paul Has Reference To Words That Can Be Understood. (1 Cor 14:9) (1 Cor 14:14,15)

A: "Unknown Tongue" here refers to an "Unknown Language" ... to those who are listening.

1. If Paul would be praying in an "unknown tongue" ... those listening would find his pray to be meaningless ... What good would this accomplish?

B: If I were to speak in another language ... those of you who do not know that language .. would not benefit from what I had to say. (INTERPRETERS WOULD HAVE TO BE USED.)

1. If the "song leader" were to lead in songs .. in another language .. those who do not know the language .. could not be edified. (You would not understand the words.)

C: We need to determine that in praying .. in preaching .. in singing .. in teaching .. we need to do all things in "Spirit and Understanding".

1. We are not to "edify" ourselves .. but we are to "edify" one another in "Spirit and in Truth."

III. When Paul Speaks of "Unknown Tongues" .. He is Speaking of "Unknown Languages". (Glossa .. Noun.) (1 Cor 4:16-19)

A: Some here .. possibly speak two or more languages .. We could very well converse with one another in two or more languages ... We have learned them!

1. What about the rest of the congregation .. are we edifying them? NO! .. Is it right NO!

B: I try very hard to speak with words that all may understand what is being said.

1. When words come up that are difficult to pronounce .. I make every effort to speak correctly .. many times with an explanation.

2. I want everyone to hear and by hearing .. understand. ... I want men .. women .. boys .. girls to know what the Bible says .. It could change their lives.

IV. "LISTEN TO IT!" (1 Cor 14:21,22)

A: What is the purpose of Tongues? (EXPLAIN) ... Remember this!!!!

1. (1 Cor 14:27,28) ... did you understand that? (DEAF INTERPRETATION)

B: The "Unknown Tongue" is a "language" unknown to the "unlearned listeners!"

1. If there be one who speaks in an unknown tongue .. there should be with him an interpreter ...so that all could hear and understand!

2. If no one is there who can interpret ... Paul says .. "... let him keep silence in the church..."

a. There is no profit for him to speak ... for anyone but maybe oneself .. as each one should speak alone with God.

V. Let's Go Back To Our Text. .. (Acts 2:1-4)

A. Who had the "power" to speak in "Unknown Languages?" .. (Hetero Glossos) which means ... "Strange Tongues". .... Only the 12 Apostles ...

1. The Lord promised to them and them alone .. the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit."

2. One of the "resulting" signs was that they were able to speak in "Strange Tongues" (Hetero Glossos)

a. Which is "Unknown Languages" ... they were each able to speak in a "tongue" (Glossa) they had not learned .

b. Every man could "understand" in his own language (Acts 2:6-cool.

1. This was not "gibberish" .. it was the tongue in which they were born.

2. A "tongue" that the Apostles had not been taught.

B: Cornelius and his household received the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit". ... Why?

1. To show that the Gentiles had been accepted of God too ... and they spoke in "tongues" (Glossa). (Acts 10:46)

C: Then those on whom the Apostles laid their hands on received the "Holy Spirit" ... and they too spoke with strange tongues (Hetero Glossos). (Acts 19:1-7).

D: Were there others? ... The Bible is silent .. no further record anywhere!

1. Why did these men receive limited power of the 'Holy Spirit"?

2. To have the ability to go into foreign nations .. preach the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ ... without need of an interpreter.

E. How long did it last? ... Until the New Testament could be written and given to the world.

F. Paul preached that the time would come .. tongues and miraculous gifts would cease. (1 Cor 13:9,10)

a. (Jam 1:25) .. "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

b. I submit to you that this ... Bible ... is perfect.

G. There are no "miraculous tongues" .. being spoken today. There is no need o such .. This word of God is truth .. for God is true. (John 3:33)

VI: What About Those Who Claim To Speak In "Unknown Tongues" Today?

A. In their :zeal" .. they over look several important "facts".

1. The "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" ... (Speaking in Tongues) ... has not been promised to them.

a. It was promised to the Apostles ... ONLY. (Acts 1:4,5)

2. Since only the Apostles could "lay their hands" on others so that they might receive the "Laying on Hands Measure" of the "Holy Spirit" ... since all the Apostles are dead .. no one could have that measure today.

3. "Speaking in Tongues" always had reference to "Speaking in Strange Languages". (Hetero Glossos)

4. "Speaking in Tongues" was for the benefit of unbelievers .. never was it intended for believers.

a. Today it is practiced in churches for the benefit of believers as a "prayer language "and an evidence of the "Holy Spirit".

b. Where is the authority? .... surely not in the Bible!

5. If the "claimants" do not know what they are saying .. those who hear do not know what is being said ... how could they expect God to be worshipped acceptably?

a. This was not the way of the first century worship or practice.

6. Those who claim to speak in "tongues" .. are not able to speak like the Apostles did on the day of Pentecost ... they have no "miraculous" gifts.

7. God does not speak directly to man today ... If anyone teaches this ... he is a false teacher and the truth is not in him.

a. "Satan" is a sly "Old Fox" ... "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking who he may devour." (1 Pet 5:cool

Many people have been deceived because they have not studied their Bibles. If one would only study .. diligently .. with an honest heart .. a searching mind .. they would be able to see the truth of the Gospel. Satan is alive and well and rejoicing in their unbelief. (2 Tim 2:15) Let me leave you with these words of wisdom ... "Do not depend on others to teach you what you need to learn for yourself. If you put your faith in man .. man will deceive you. Just because a preacher tells you .. that does not make it right."

(Gal 1:cool ... "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, Let him be accursed."
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
MrBible: Speaking in tongues ended with the apostles and only those they laid their hands on then. The tongues of today are from the deceiver satan.
sir, Peter speaking about the Holy Spirit said, "....ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you and to your children and to all that are afar off, EVEN AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL." Acts 2:38-39.
Jesus speaking said, "AND THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE: in my name shall cast out devils; THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES." Mark 16:15
Go study your bible sir.

5 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ozoemeka(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
Did Paul not say he speaks in tongues MORE than others? Is paul "bragging" about speaking "gibberish" more than others?

Surely he wasn;t saying he speaks Hebrew, French, English etc and many more languages than others because there were many a christian back then who were multilingual and Paul was never written to be such.

Explain.

benalvino:

But is that not it is? When someone do kapasantaya kimoshangala he is speaking gibberish... Not supported in the bible simple
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:
Why will God want you to speak santayakana when he understand English and igbo... Why does God want you to speak language you dont know and can't even tell the words that comes put from your mouth.

Because, just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are God's ways and His thoughts too! See Isaiah 55:9
Never use your human reasoning, your intelligence and logic to question God's ways.
You will end up looking foolish

3 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by jakaiso(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
[quote author=benalvino]One of the "Tenets" of the Pentecostal movement is the belief in the infilling of the "Holy Spirit" with the evidence of "Speaking in Tongues" or an "Unknown Tongue". There own interpretation of this is the Spirit of God ... "The Holy Ghost" ... is speaking through them. and if the holy spirit is speaking through them how do they know what they are praying to God? they usual pray in tongues(gibberish) in Nigeria and preach in normal English or known tongue(language)

quote]

While I cannot completely disagree with you concerning tonugues-I believe you were wrong when you said that God no longer speaks to man directly.Can you mention two or more verses to support that.

The New Testament is evidence that God spoke to man afer Pentecost.
And then the following verses:

John 16: 13-13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Luke 12: 11-12 11 “When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”

And there many instances where the Holy Spirit guided early Christians or where the Lord Jesus himself spoke to people or sent Angels:

These examples included Cornelius ( even before he became a Christian - and he was NOT even a Jew)
Ananias who baptised Saul who late became Paul
Paul when the Holy Spirit prevented him from entering a particular city

A study of scripture will show that God speaks to us in 4 ways ( this is not a doctrine-just my own study of the Bible , what I have heard from others and my experiences validated by scripture)

1)He speaks to us whenever the written word (the Bible) comes alive in our hearts. A person can read the Bible all his life and this never happens.
2) He speaks to us through other people ( like when Agabus came to Paul)
3) He speaks to us through a clear definite impression in our hearts
4) In a clear distinct voice-If God speaks to you-you will KNOW it is God-aside from the fact of course that WHATEVER He says comes to pass.

Concerning Tongues-I believe 1 Corinthians 12 says it all-especially verse 30 asks rhetorically " Do all speak Tongues" That chapter shows clearly that speaking in Tongues is:
1) A gift
2) It is not the 'best' gift
3) Not all will speak in tongues
4) God gives everyone whatever gifts he decides to or and in some cases what they may request.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by badmeat(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
To speak in another tongue is one of the gift of the Holy spirit,it means the ability to edify others in their own language that is not ur own,e.ga german by the influence of the holy ghost can speak igbo or hausa for the purpose of propagating the gospel,when the apostles spoke in tongues others people from asia,arabia,greeks,libya,egypt etc were surprised to hear the apostles speak their dialect see acts chapter 2

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by COOLDUN: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

That is exactly what I did. Speaking in tongues mean speaking in Japanese French igbo Yoruba... If you do not understand it... It is unknown to you.

When people pray In tongues kikikikakakasantaya kimokolobangara is gibberish man... Even Jesus did not pray like this.

Paul states that if you speak unknown tongue you did not share your understanding with the church but to only you and God..

because if the people can't understand you... You are talking to your self. God understand everything so you are talking to God as well. You should learn to take bible verse in context. He says if you must speak in an unknown tongue someone should interprete it. Simple.

Notice he is not talking about prayers but ministering to people...

I am a christian who loves and believe in God almighty alone. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and personal Savior. I also believe that i am a sinner who is living by the special grace of God almighty.

I support what you said 100%, i have traveled world wide and worshiped in many churches in the western countries and see how these people worship in truth and spirit. Though no one is free from sin, but the white people are more honest than the African Christians.

I don't believe that anyone living now can speak in tongues, speaking in tongue does never mean to repeat gibberish all in the name of speaking in tongues. The disciples of Christ were true born again and were not Christians but real children of God. They had the gift of speaking in tongues because of their movements around the world then. It gave them the opportunity to send their messages to the people whom they could not speak their languages then. When they were in a high spirit they would speak in tongues immediately they finish their preaching and speaking in tongues, the holy spirit would leave them , those people who heard their different languages would rush them to inquire from them whether they were from their places but the disciples would not be able to respond to them again, by then their message had been passed.

It was one of the miracles that won the disciples and Christ many converts, but today in just few minutes in prayers pastors and Christians would start speaking the same thing you hear from another pastors. Orobo scater, yakerrri, yamaha , suzuki , samadonki, oroborororororo, kirimamamamamam, yakarrrrrraaaa. Arrant nonsense, any language you speak, while speaking in tongues that was not heard by any memeber of the church or people around you then is a big FAKE.

They said it is heaven language, agreed but it must be heard by someone around you, whom you don't know his/her language before. You cannot speak the language and interpret it at the same time, then what is the need?

I don't go to church for any one but to worship my God, no one living will ever convince me that he/she can speak in tongues. You can talk your trash while praying or preaching to me but to believe you is optional to me.

I repeat again, no one speaks in real tongue nowadays. Take my words or leave it.

7 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
Study to shew thyself approved a workman that needed not be ashamed RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH 2Timothy 2:15! Many has got God's word wrongly divided and I'm not suprised because I'm aware that these are the Last Days. I pray the veil on the eyes of many be removed that they might see Jesus on That Day: as He is, the Only Begotten of the Father full of grace and truth! John 1:14
On the Topic: 1Corinth. 14:2,4 and 14(KJV) and I pray that for whoever wills it, may the Lord open your understanding to discern the difference between "speaking in an unknown tongue" and "speaking in tongues" !
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by maxisfield(f): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
100likes for u OP..ribabababa shokokoko kandaya! wat iz dat? Evn the persn speakin ds unknown lang dosnt undastnd it. Dey tel demselves the holy spirit undastnds. kai! Ma lord hav mercy angry

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
COOLDUN:

I am a christian who loves and believe in God almighty alone. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and personal Savior. I also believe that i am a sinner who is living by the special grace of God almighty.

I support what you said 100%, i have traveled world wide and worshiped in many churches in the western countries and see how these people worship in truth and spirit. Though no one is free from sin, but the white people are more honest than the African Christians.

I don't believe that anyone living now can speak in tongues, speaking in tongue does never mean to repeat gibberish all in the name of speaking in tongues. The disciples of Christ were true born again and were not Christians but real children of God. They had the gift of speaking in tongues because of their movements around the world then. It gave them the opportunity to send their messages to the people whom they could not speak their languages then. When they were in a high spirit they would speak in tongues immediately they finish their preaching and speaking in tongues, the holy spirit would leave them , those people who heard their different languages would rush them to inquire from them whether they were from their places but the disciples would not be able to respond to them again, by then their message had been passed.

It was one of the miracles that won the disciples and Christ many converts, but today in just few minutes in prayers pastors and Christians would start speaking the same thing you hear from another pastors. Orobo scater, yakerrri, yamaha , suzuki , samadonki, oroborororororo, kirimamamamamam, yakarrrrrraaaa. Arrant nonsense, any language you speak, while speaking in tongues that was not heard by any memeber of the church or people around you then is a big FAKE.

They said it is heaven language, agreed but it must be heard by someone around you, whom you don't know his/her language before. You cannot speak the language and interpret it at the same time, then what is the need?

I don't go to church for any one but to worship my God, no one living will ever convince me that he/she can speak in tongues. You can talk your trash while praying or preaching to me but to believe you is optional to me.

I repeat again, no one speaks in real tongue nowadays. Take my words or leave it.
lol, no one can speak in tongue? The apostles spoke in tongues because they were in a high spirit? Buhahaha. You need to start attending sunday school!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Speaking in tongues indeed, how about this
Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for waking me up today, may ur name be blessed and praised forever. Guide me through the day and grant me favour and grace.....
Now how hard was that.....

4 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by trolling(m): 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dem christian folks be speaking jargons n gibberish, My God is not an author of confusion, a tongue is a language, but when I look at it from another angle demons have their own tongue

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Brymo: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
U guys shud b careful tho,about dis topic, #justsaying.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Santi19(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don't really know what to say, but I'll like you to read Acts 2:1-15
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Solardamex(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
I urge you, my brothers and sisters: watch out for those who cause divisions and upset people's faith and go against the teaching which you have received. Keep away from them!
For those who do such things are not Serving Christ our lord, but their own appetites. By their fine words and flattering speech they deceive innocent people.
{Romans 16:17-18}
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
@ben
is this a revelation by the Spirit of God or head knowledge?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Richy4(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
frosbel:

Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher and false prophet.

We should refer to the bible to resolve any issues we have and not MEN who in many cases teach contrary to Christ.

I know that every one is entitle to their own opinion. but i know that Kenneth Hagin is not a false teacher. the bible characters you wanted to refer to were men like you and me.

Take PAUL for instance, he was beaten, almost stoned,imprisoned for teaching what his generation called false. but i guess you can quote what Paul said in the scripture because he was not in our generation.

Now Kenneth Hagins is a false prophet because he is in our era. if Paul were to be in our generation, would you have believed his teaching.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Speaking in tongues ke? Some pentecostal churches has turned it into a joke! ;DI find it funny that people would make up gibberish noises all in the name of praying.whats is robobooo ski ribs babagi baba shererebebebebe....., grin grin grin.Remembered few years ago when my mom called a MOD to pray for me,after 2 minutes, he stopped and asked me"how many demons do you have in your head",I replied "24"(in my innocence) grin grin grin,the man started speaking in tongues while he bathed me with algae filled saliva.All the while I opened one of eyes as I watch him pour out venom on my beautiful face( fearing I would contract eczema).This speaking in tongues lasted for over an hour before he finally asked me in a tired mood"how many demons is left?",innocently I said "24" grin grin ;Dagain but I later replied almost immediately,"uncle two don comot!" when I noticed how tired he was grin grin grin grin cheesy grin and then there was 22 remaining.... grin

Anytime I discuss this with my mom today,she would just cry her eyes off in laughter!!!!robobo ko! Skiribiribi ni! Biko kwa !!! grin cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Decryptor(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
Speaking in tongues is not wrong because it is biblical. But what i am not in support of is where some churches compel people to do that. The disciples in the bible were not compelled to speak in tongues but they spoke as they were led by the spirit. So any church that sits her new converts down and tries to give tutorials on speaking in tongues is getting it all wrong! I won't mention any church's name...they know themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by chaloner(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
All I will say is that the MOD that put this on front page is naturally MAD, for the writer JUDGE urself . Pls for your safety dnt reply dis writeup
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
ARES: Speaking in tongues indeed, how about this
Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for waking me up today, may ur name be blessed and praised forever. Guide me through the day and grant me favour and grace.....
Now how hard was that.....

Simple as eating a good sharwarma

3 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by jesuspikin(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
initially i had wanted to reserve my comment having this understanding that the poster of this topic is too carnal to understand spiritual things.the eternal word of GOD said letter killeth but the spirit giveth life and he said the words that i speak unto you they are spirit and they are life.the fact that the poster continues to view the bible from the carnal point of veiw makes him blinded to the truth and romans 8 v 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. the bible is very clear on the issue of ''TONGUES'1 THERE IS SPEAKING IN TONGUES....the incoherent/gibberish/non-decodable by satan prayer by the believer which is purely a joint venture between the holy spirit and the spirit of the believer ref:2romans 8v6[b] Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
[/b] 2.the second aspect of tongues is SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN OR STRANGE LANGUAGE which i believe the poster has been battling to explain.PERMIT ME TIME TIME FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION BUT LET ME CONCLUDE BY SAYING THAT THE THINGS OF THE WORD OF GOD IS PURELY SPIRITUAL AND ARE ETERNAL

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Emylexray(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
There are so many people on nairaland in the religion section who always apply "human wisdom" in treating issues of the spirit. It never works that way. The disciples in the upper room spoke in diverse tongues when the holy spirit came upon them. Would you say they were "jabbering" or "gibbering" like you claimed? Bro, a carnal/ordinary man cannot understand the things of the spirit. Stop fanning the embers of falsehood and heresy. Well, it is not unexpected, we are in the last days! Matthew 24 is just being fufilled.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
The tongues spoken in the bible where actual languages and not the 'gibberish' you hear today.

For example you might have heard an Igbo MAN speaking in Yoruba or a Hausa woman speaking in Efik.

Today , this whole tongue issue has been abused and turned into madness, you hear people saying things like, aaaaaababababababababcacacacaromoshakoromoshakoretuderetu etc. this is just nonsense.

"When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers." - Acts 2:6

Usually, it was more edifying to have an interpreter in such cases to interpret the language to the hearing and benefit of others.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Tgirl4real(f): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360: The subject of 'SPEAKING' and 'PRAYING' in tongues is as clear as a day light. Paul NEVER taught AGAINST praying in tongues BUT HE CORRECTED THE ABUSE OF TONGUES.

Just like se.x is not wrong in his correction to the Corinthian church,but se.x with wrong person or unnatural is what abuses se.x and makes it wrong. Hence, Paul wrote to correct WRONG se.xual activities. The same is subject of tongues, not praying in tongues that Paul said WAS WRONG but how it was practiced. This is what goes on in our Pentecostal churches where people just ALL speak or pray in tongues WITHOUT interpretation. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG NOT THE PRAYING IN TONGUE ITSELF.

OK sir. Let me get u right, do u get interpretation when you pray in tongues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.