Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists (28175 Views)

PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Accept Islam & Resign - Boko-Haram To GEJ / Christians Should Accept Islam Or No Peace - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Olaooni88(f): 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
abuliveyoung: Allah is Great! x3
It is adviceable 4 pple of the other faiths(nt mentioning names o) 2 search & seek for the truth. Aisha, u're truely an embodiment to muslim youths who stand for the truth.
"iru iro ni'borun".. Its advisable for u too to warn ur 'boko brothers' or wharefa to stop charming pple to join them to ruin pples life. Smh.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by SANdos: 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
Don't they have thumbs down button in Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Msgamble: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
omojoye: Where are girls rights activists Will they come out and make a huge noise out of this issue? How many converts to Islam have been KILLED by their parents in the near past? Haba! Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe and America today. So, Nigerian xtians should recognize and stop "making a MOUNTAIN OUT OF AN ANT TAIL".
I thought we av already discuss this 'islam is the fastest growing religion' issues? buh just to remind u islam grow in europe n US due to crisis in middle east thru refugees,assylum seeker it nt spreading among the natives even 1 in 10 preist in greece n cannada are iranian,afghan n syria convertees(check aljazeera.com-feature) in athens hymns n mass are now heard in farsi(iran lang.)..seek knowledge n update urself by watching documentary on bbc n aljazeera..stop fooling urself
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by SANdos: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
princesammmy: when the charm the use On you finish your eyes go clear. its probably u were used to collecting free suya cause that's the major ways the used in the north to charm christian girls into islam.
oh my God! So, if they asked for Christians to raise their hands u and the 65 other clowns that liked ur comment will raise their hands too?

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Damon03(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
1 Samuel 15:3... an interesting read
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
9ja voice: time shall tell.

why not to the police for safety why emir house and sharia court?

lauf wan kill me. lets turn the table around:
lets say the girl in question is fulani convert to christian and taking refuge in the house of asagba of asaba? what do u tink will happen by now?
But do u realize that unlike Christians that aggressively seek converts (and unknowingly push people not born into the religion away) this girl chose to become a Muslim on her own volition. Nobody preached, coerced, convince or try to convert her; she chose what she wanted to believe in
Why cant her father let her be?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
babyosisi: converting to Islam shouldn't make news IMHO but I can understand the frustration of her parents,I will also be concerned if she were my daughter or sister
For any Christian in Nigeria that converts to Islam there are probably 200 to 300 Muslims in the same Nigeria that convert to Christianity.
What is troubling is why she should drop out of school
is Islam aversed to education?
What is she doing daily?
A young girl like her should be in school even if she decides to worship amadioha in place of the faith of her fathers

Haven said that,switch it around,if this was the daughter of an Imam held hostage in Owerri by the traditional ruler for converting to Christianity and dropping out of school, muslims would have been slaughtering Christians up north by now.
I hope the Muslim killers will learn from that example.
Hopefully her eyes go clear soon and she will at least go back to school or else we would end up with another ignorant,half educated,unemployable Muslim woman that will populate Nigeria with more Almajiri kids.
I wonder if you read with your eyes closed or your an;us...

Do you also miss the part where she said:

"I told you and I’ll still repeat it, though I don’t want to repeat my words again. I want them to intervene on my behalf, the threat is too much.Now I can’t go anywhere, I cannot even continue with my schooling. I cannot do anything because of the way he has been threatening me. He is still bringing people up till now to keep watch on me."

A pastor threatening his 25 year old daughter??
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by nurudinho007: 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
wy suld pple b dragin dis. nigerians no get wrk o because 1 gal u dnt even knw has convatd. funy tins
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by nduchucks: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
The greatest human tragedy is the fact that extremist Christians and Muslims continue to ignore the fact that there exists only ONE Almighty Allah (God).
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by pammusphy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
I thank God i left islam because i found the truth in Jesus..."Christian Jesus." Just imagine, she thinks it's the same God. What a fib!
I pity her!
The cult i will never dream or imagine going back to even with great promises of all in the world: no matter what. Something i was willing to die rather than join when i found Jesus..
That lady, i dont think, has ever met Jesus.
Whats in ablution...? Just skin washing and thinking you've been purified, while "within is rotten and vile." But you cannot wash the heart; CAN YOU?? only the blood of Jesus can!
If this lady or any muslim is reading this post... I beg you, come to Jesus. In reality,eternity will not end with how you imagine it to be... JESUS IS THE WAY!! JOHN14:6, And without Him your life is miserable and bare, no matter what you got
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Jesus (as) himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the
Bible, Jesus (A.S.) says,
If you love me, Keep my commandments. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you
another comforter that he may abide with you forever.
(Bible, John 14-15/16)
But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit of
Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me, and he also shall bear witness,
because ye have been with me from the beginning.
(Bible, John 15-26/27)
I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the
spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself, but
whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall
glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and he shall show it unto you.
(Bible, John 16-12/14) buh christian of nowadays sucks....

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Kingspin(m): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
kingoflag: But do u realize that unlike Christians that aggressively seek converts (and unknowingly push people not born into the religion away) this girl chose to become a Muslim on her own volition. Nobody preached, coerced, convince or try to convert her; she chose what she wanted to believe in
Why cant her father let her be?
Did her father told u he disowned the girl...let them discuss among the police,father and juju Emir than let the girl go home..use ur head?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
pammusphy: I thank God i left islam because i found the truth in Jesus..."Christian Jesus." Just imagine, she thinks it's the same God. What a fib!
I pity her!
The cult i will never dream or imagine going back to even with great promises of all in the world: no matter what. Something i was willing to die rather than join when i found Jesus..
That lady, i dont think, has ever met Jesus.
Whats in ablution...? Just skin washing and thinking you've been purified, while "within is rotten and vile." But you cannot wash the heart; CAN YOU?? only the blood of Jesus can!
If this lady or any muslim is reading this post... I beg you, come to Jesus. In reality,eternity will not end with how you imagine it to be... JESUS IS THE WAY!! JOHN14:6, And without Him your life is miserable and bare, no matter what you got
jesus himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the
If you love me, Keep my commandments. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you
(Bible, John 14-15/16)
But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit of
Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me, and he also shall bear witness,
(Bible, John 15-26/27)
I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the
spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself, but
whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall
(Bible, John 16-12/14) oya tell me u neva c dis verse b4 oponu...you were never a musim b4...if you were jesus won't be new to you...cos as a muslim you've got and believe jesus already

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Amee1(m): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Islam is rapidly growing in d world today- For every hours many are converted 2 Islam. over 50 xtain were converted 2 islam in zamfara and kaduna during this fasting- Statistic shows that USA, UK, USSR, France and Germany are having d higher NO of muslim converty. sooner or later islam will occupy this world- Allahu Akbar-
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
I serve in rivers state in a Sch I dnt wanna disclose is name. I kno hw muslim student are been persuaded to offer christian religious studies instead of their choice which is islam....the assembly ground turned to fellowship ground Where muslim student must sing their songs or get penalised.....christian my foot...

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Amee1: Islam is rapidly growing in d world today- For every hours many are converted 2 Islam. over 50 xtain were converted 2 islam in zamfara and kaduna during this fasting- Statistic shows that USA, UK, USSR, France and Germany are having d higher NO of muslim converty. sooner or later islam will occupy this world- Allahu Akbar-
islam is Just continuation of what jesus brought .......buh christians are been lead astray ...Allah knows best... .
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Naam22(f): 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
That will result to sharia fight..I think the best thing Christians should do is to stop their children from going to northern school..those people are evil..I av one foolish sister too that went to north for school and came back with a different name and religion..she calls herself Aisha too..nonsense

lets say the girl in question is fulani convert to christian and taking refuge in the house of asagba of asaba? what do u tink will happen by now?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Kingspin(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2013
samyan12: After reading all the comments above made by xtians, its just depressing to think that I live amongst pple who might also reason like this.
The girl is an adult who has the right to practise whateva religion she chooses, nobody is asking themselves what would the emir stand to gain, from jazzing or forcefully converting this girl. Next thing is for some pple to say the girl would soon be a suicide bomber, u hav muslims living around u, how many of them have bombed u and ur family?
Like we don't hav xtian thieves, armed robbers, ritual killers.
Pple jjust come online and run their mouth anyhow, some have even claimed that d interview was made under duress, how do u knw that? I have a friend who used to be muslim, but converted to xtianity, and I've neva held the thot that her pastor used jjuju on her to convert her, but when its the other way round, some pple like dose on this forum talk rubbish instead. If being xtian is thinking like all this xtains above that have commented, then I'd rather be an atheist.
Heloo nobdy said he/she dnt have right to convert to any other gods or is the girl going to live with emir for life...discuss with the police discuss with the parent and let the girl go home.There are families with mix faith and still there is no noise... Since she is under emir's custody how are we nt sure they are nt threating her to say thing to plz them*emir* knowing fully well she must go back to emir's house, allow her to stand neutral lets c..
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by DuduNegro: 12:08am On Jul 28, 2013
babyosisi:

Please sharap!
You are in a country where a Muslim group has an agenda to destroy Christians and enthrone sharia and are making good of their plan and you talk about intolerance
Muslims have risen up and slaughtered Christians for sport all over the world
How daft can you be?

Europeans built merchant ships and christened them in the name of Jesus for slavery. They landed in America and wiped out half the Indian population and did so in the name of Jesus. They came to Africa and in the name of Jesus took posession and wiped off half the continent and deposed Kings and raped women and took ownership of resources.

Undercover, tell me in which way Christianity is beter than Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by nagoma(m): 12:16am On Jul 28, 2013
I no know book:

From what this lady is saying, any right thinking person will know that she's not acting with her full senses. She is just parroting what she's been told. How could you say that your father sent people to be monitoring you even in the palace because you had wanted to go out and someone told you that your father was out there waiting for you? Obviously, the person who may have told her that never wanted her to go outside in order for her not to come to her senses. How come that we never heard in all the previous stories until this interview that her father had people outside of the palace monitoring her 24 hrs of the day? And look at her reasons for converting, none of that makes sense:I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and they carry people along. Once a person converted to Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand on his own. To cap it all, when she was asked whether she would go back home if the father promised to allow her to practice her new found religion freely, she said NO. We Africans do have very strong attachment to our root, and this lady would forgo all that because of the so call fear that she has? It shows that whatever they used on her is indeed very strong. Finally, I am submitting that an Alhaji who is interested in marrying her, obviously she's a pretty girl, must have charmed her for the sole purpose of eventually marrying her. Watch out as this case will eventually end if she's not delivered from her bondage: MARRIAGE TO ONE ALHAJI. Believe it or not, she's under a strong charm!
So you believe in charms? I pity you.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by PECO4KING(m): 12:20am On Jul 28, 2013

Nigeria police wey dey collect bribe abi. She made the right choice. It her life not urs
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2013
Hmm...so u made up ur mind 2 join d WORLD LARGEST TERRORIST MOVEMENT (islam)...wshing u only gudluck
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Liadi2(m): 1:13am On Jul 28, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
When i tried reading Quran,i cam across this verse Surah 9:5 Which read "Kill the infidels(Infidels meaning All non-muslims)".Immediately i closed it-No go area.I pity her soul.Despite that she is 25 and should account for her actions and inactions so i would advice her parent let her be or better more pray over it.
I rest my case.
this is absurd you only quote the Quran from the middle, you didn't start from where it start and don't explain what brought this, Allah said if you receive treaty from them before giving us order to do something of such.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by PECO4KING(m): 1:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Thanks to Almighty God, despite all the insult on Muslims on this controversy. I am proud that all the Muslims give enough excuses without any insult. It really shows our religion is a religion of peace.

Let reason together people say Muslim are Suicide bombers. Please let be honest can u give me a sample of a muslim u know right from childhood and he is now a Suicide bombers Some Suicide bombers may bear muslim name and speak Arabic but are not fighting, for Islam but are only fighting for selfish interest, payback,economy reason and lot more. Not all Muslims are bad while not all Christian are bad. Most Muslims are not happy when ever they read news that there was an attack by Islamic terrorist. Because a good muslims are not terrorist we re peace maker for those who really want to learn read the Quran and u will see if u take someone life u will be punish by the most high God. It is a total punishment to say what you are not sure about so stop spreading rumor that we muslim are terrorist.

The family I come from my mum practice Christianity and 2 of her daughters and my dad practice Islam with 3 of his son and there is no problem and we all live happily.
Please don't let condemn any religion we all server one God. When we die God will judge we are not to judge.

I am proud to be a Muslim. The follower of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and the follower of other prophet including Isa (Jesus), Musa (Moses) and others prophet named in the holy Quran and holy Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Msgamble: 1:32am On Jul 28, 2013
azeezlateefah: jesus himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the
(Bible, John 14-15/16)
(Bible, John 15-26/27)
(Bible, John 16-12/14) oya tell me u neva c dis verse b4 oponu...you were never a musim b4...if you were jesus won't be new to you...cos as a muslim you've got and believe jesus already
This is what half-baked knowledge done to u..THE BIBLE verse u qoute wrongly is nt talking abt ur prophet which ur blind sheik lead to believed buh it talking abt the Comforter 'THE HOLY SPIRIT' Whom CHRIST promised his Disciple on the day of PENTECOSTE that it will be recieved n will guide n lead them thru evangelisation n tribulation..islam growing in europe av told sickler is due to crises(refugees), poverty(economical migrant),high procreation within middle east(most of them are now preist n preacher in athens n cannada(aljazeera.com-feature)..get a lyf with CHRIST cos HE only can offer true salvation
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Msgamble: 1:32am On Jul 28, 2013
azeezlateefah: jesus himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the
(Bible, John 14-15/16)
(Bible, John 15-26/27)
This is what half-baked knowledge done to u..THE BIBLE verse u qoute wrongly is nt talking abt ur prophet which ur blind sheik lead to believed buh it talking abt the Comforter 'THE HOLY SPIRIT' Whom CHRIST promised his Disciple on the day of PENTECOSTE that it will be recieved n will guide n lead them thru evangelisation n tribulation..islam growing in europe av told sickler is due to crises(refugees), poverty(economical migrant),high procreation within middle east(most of them are now preist n preacher in athens n cannada(aljazeera.com-feature)..get a lyf with CHRIST cos HE only can offer true salvation
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by PECO4KING(m): 1:44am On Jul 28, 2013
samyan12: After reading all the comments above made by xtians, its just depressing to think that I live amongst pple who might also reason like this.
The girl is an adult who has the right to practise whateva religion she chooses, nobody is asking themselves what would the emir stand to gain, from jazzing or forcefully converting this girl. Next thing is for some pple to say the girl would soon be a suicide bomber, u hav muslims living around u, how many of them have bombed u and ur family?
Like we don't hav xtian thieves, armed robbers, ritual killers.
Pple jjust come online and run their mouth anyhow, some have even claimed that d interview was made under duress, how do u knw that? I have a friend who used to be muslim, but converted to xtianity, and I've neva held the thot that her pastor used jjuju on her to convert her, but when its the other way round, some pple like dose on this forum talk rubbish instead. If being xtian is thinking like all this xtains above that have commented, then I'd rather be an atheist.

I am highly disappointed by people who keep saying it is jazz. If the jazz can over come the girl with this short period of time that means is father is not a good pastors and those who clam u have praying for the girl. The power of jazz has over come your prayer. Therefore keep calm and support Islam.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by yetunsbay(m): 1:52am On Jul 28, 2013
wa'Allahu alaam
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by calaharry: 2:00am On Jul 28, 2013
Based on objectivity devoid of religious sentiment, it is clear dt this girl is still under tutelage at 25yrs, her edu background is still shallow as she cannot be left alone to make decision on her own without her parents or guardian. Therefore as her frame of mind is not fully formed enough to assert dt nobody forced her, because she is just basking in her naivety, she should be rtnd to her parents to complete her tertiary edu to be able to make informed decision on which religion to follow. And her parent must see her case as a learning kid without confrontation.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tpia5: 2:07am On Jul 28, 2013
IF the story is true, then the lady is even rather old to be dragging matters with her father like this.

She's 25, not 15.

Whats with all these weird stories on nl these days, from somebody crying for his mummy to give him a pacifier at age 21, to another dragging his name with his daddy at age 22.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by calaharry: 2:15am On Jul 28, 2013
calaharry: Based on objectivity devoid of religious sentiment, it is clear dt this girl is still under tutelage at 25yrs, her edu background is still shallow as she cannot be left alone to make decision on her own without her parents or guardian. Therefore as her frame of mind is not fully formed enough to assert dt nobody forced her, because she is just basking in her naivety, she should be rtnd to her parents to complete her tertiary edu to be able to make informed decision on which religion to follow. And her parent must see her case as a learning kid without confrontation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets Makarfi & Sheriff In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari Campaigns In Yobe State (Photos) / Iyorcha Ayu: We Will Develop Nigeria As We Did Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.