Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Dotted Lines ... - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dotted Lines ... (21004 Views)

Diwali Poems In Hindi Of 10 Lines | Diwali Poems In Hindi Language For Kids / Street Rap Lines / :::the Sweetest And Most Touching Break-up Lines I've Ever Read::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
ceira: Thumbs up dearie....
Next chapter pls....
Sweetie thanks.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jiteshell: The silent readers should not stop you from showing your talent and sharing it online, it gets better with time.
I know better now. Thanks
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Jiteshell(f): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
Queen xstar: I know better now. Thanks
smiley UWC
Re: Dotted Lines ... by ceira(f): 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Am waitin oooo
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2013
I've been having busy day at work and I come home drained, I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Karevwite: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Queen xstar: I've been having busy day at work and I come home drained, I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.
alrice ma'am
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2013
TEN

'My own daughter?' Imaobong touched her chest and stared at the principal in complete disbelief.

'Yes Mrs Okoh, for three days she has not uttered a sound, she has not talked to anyone. Her expression has been blank. Her best friend and we all have done everything to no avail. ' The principal exhaled. 'I had to send her to the school clinic yet nothing. '

'Is this a joke or something? ' Ima adjusted herself on the seat.

'Iniobong is one of our best student, we are all pained and worried about this new development. I suggest you seek professional help.'

Ima shook her head before she stood and picked her bag. 'I want to see Ini.' She was exasperated. She was going to make sure she wished she never thought of this prank talk.more of executing it. She followed the principal out of the office.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2013
FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER,

AFTER much interrogation,

Iniobong kept staring at her, her expression unreadable.

'Am I not talking to you? ' She demanded for the second time.

Imaobong slapped her and was about to do so a second time when the school nurse came between them.

'That is not the proper thing to do . Beating her is not the best, it could make her condition worst.'

'Madam, she is pretending! '

'How can you say such a thing, it is no fun to play dumb for three days, three good days .' She emphasize showing her her fingers. 'Iniobong is one of the nicest child and we are quite close. So I can say without any doubt that she is not pretending. You should calm down and find out what's wrong, she needs you to care and love her now more than ever before. Get her professional help please Madam.'

Ima looked at her daughter sizing her up. 'Get your things and meet me in the car.' She hissed.

Ini picked her bag and made to head out with tears rolling down her cheeks but the nurse took her in her arms. 'Hush …dearie, it is okay. I know you will come back to school fine. l want you to know that I won't stop praying for you. ' She look at her face and wipe her tears with her palms. 'It is well.'

Ini nodded and left.

She saw her tremble. 'some mothers ehen …' she mused and exhaled.

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Karev_wite: erm accordin 2 d conversation its lyk dai are bf n gf nd i saw sutmtn lyk maama! yle readin...jst wnt u 2 clerify dt part 4 me...maib am d 1 confusing ma self
Maama not mama, that's a pet name.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by ceira(f): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Queenstar dearie.....nice update.thumbs up....bt dis update is smal o....pls more
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
ceira: Queenstar dearie.....nice update.thumbs up....bt dis update is smal o....pls more
awww Ceira dearie, thanks and your opinion is noted.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by cutieeJ(f): 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
nice write-up....more knowledge to u...
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2013
cutiee J: nice write-up....more knowledge to u...
Thanks
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
'Sunshine please …'

'Please don't sunshine me, I wasn't your sunshine when you hit me twice. '

'Babe I have said I am sorry. Didn't get you the bouquet of flowers, perfumes and cloths?'

She laughed hysterically. 'Prince do I appear to you like I lack those things?'

'Aww … easy on me already. '

'You think you can hit me and get away with it. Which responsible man hit his girl? '

His anger was brewing but he had to keep it in check.He exhaled. He couldn't believe he had joined the train of guys he used to describe as weaklings, so this what they did to pacify a lady . He was determined to keep a relationship for the first time in his life. He was beginning to grow a soft spot for her bravery and decency.

'Sweetheart I promise not to hit you again. '

'Hmmmm …' Cynthia returned thoughtfully.

'I really want you back babe. I have a show to attend and I want us to walk on the red carpet side by side.

'On one condition Prince...'

'Anything for you babe.' He smiled,loving the fact that he had won.

'You will come to my house, prostrate and apologize. '

'Huh? Babe …' He began to protest when the beep sound of the call being disconnected hit his ears. She had ended the call.

'Damn it! ' He tossed his phone angrily on the bed.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Karevwite: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
anoda short one...no oo! Queen...me sf no gri o
Re: Dotted Lines ... by ceira(f): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Awwwww dis is too short na
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
If una gree fear for even catch me. Emergency Duty called but I promise to update tomorrow, I'll be offduty.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 12:54am On Sep 22, 2013
Jiteshell: Time to change from operation chop-clean-mouth.
I love tonights update, the little step Ini is taking, keep it up.
Shebi?
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2013
'That girl must have some nerves.' He muttered and pace the room but he wanted her for keeps.

He worked his fingers through his scalp and sat on the bed. His phone sang, on sighting the caller ID, he hissed.

'Superman, how far? ' She was one of his client, a 25 year old, eighth wife to an Emir.

'I'm Good.'

'My body is trembling already and It's aching for your magical touch.' She giggled.

They had an appointment in a couple of hours.

'Bintu, I have something to do right away and don't know when I'll be done.'

'No... no nooo Prince, you can't do that.'

'I will send one of my boys over. '

'I didn't pay half a million to have one of your boys come over!' She was exasperated.

'You will get a refund by morrow. '

'No Prince, why are you like this now. Don't deprive me, don't suffocate me please. ' She was on the verge of tears.

He hissed and ended the call.

He head to his wardrobe, deciding to see Eniola.

Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
She heard the footsteps and wipe her tears but it came back all in torrents.

He rushed to her side. 'Baby, baby … what is it ?' He tried to cuddle her.

She sniffed and shrugged away his arm.

'Your friend called me to inform me you have been crying and you've not been picking my calls since yesterday. What's wrong? ' His brows creased worried. He had never seen her in this condition before. 'Bestie, talk to me. Is everything all right at home? '

'Chidubem …' Cynthia wiped her tears once more and clear her voice. 'I want to be alone. '
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Winnie1950(f): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am i the only one thinks Cynthia is dating both chidubem and prince? This is my first time of commenting on this thread and i must say u are doing a great job but your short updates are discouraging readers I'll advice u to increase the length of ur updates. No offence intended
Re: Dotted Lines ... by ceira(f): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nice ooo bt continue oooooo
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Winnie1950: Am i the only one thinks Cynthia is dating both chidubem and prince? This is my first time of commenting on this thread and i must say u are doing a great job but your short updates are discouraging readers I'll advice u to increase the length of ur updates. No offence intended
I wonder if I in anyway suggested that because it's not true. Cynthia has No biz with Prince.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed The network is terrible, I've been trying so hard to update
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
'Alone?' He almost whispered, the coldness of her voice penetrated and down his spirit. Something serious must be wrong, he couldn't remember when last she addressed him by his name. 'I can't leave you alone, not now, not ever.

She shook her legs in an effort to calm the agitation that was building within her.

'Baby, what's all this now? I would never have believed a day would come when I have to beg for you to trust me.' His voice portrayed how hurt he was.

'I had a mind set that most men were same but I met you and I felt I was wrong ...' She gave a short laugh . 'Only to be fooled again.'

Astonishment and Confusion found a meeting point in his mind and he blanked out momentarily. His heart beat quickened, he found his voice. 'Cynthia …what are you talking about? '

Cynthia gave him a cold stare that send shivers down he spine. She handed him her phone and his hand trembled as he received it.

He look down the screen and gasped.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Karevwite: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
mehn ar no go lie...ar dn dai misplace 4 ds tori
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2013
Karev_wite: mehn ar no go lie...ar dn dai misplace 4 ds tori
where?
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
'Yeea …yeea!! ' Temilade screamed with both hands on her head. She was seated on the rug and her legs were outstretched.

It was the umpteenth time she would listen to the voice message after she had received it a couple of days ago.

She was still shocked to her very marrows. When she thought happiness, fulfillment and companionship was hers for life, pain and sadness decided to take charge.

'Yeeaa! ' She screamed and broke into sobs. She had thought screaming would make the pain go away and better still arouse her from the mare.

'Oh Emmanuel … my God will judge you.' She raised an index finger and her body shook.

She had the genotype AS, the previous relationship She had left sore after months of friendship, love and understanding only to discover they shared genotype. The break up had been painful but there was nothing to do about it.

Yes, each left her raw but she decided to try again.

Emmanuel came along and after two months with him, it was like an answered prayer. He was everything …just everything she wanted.

He reverence God,loving, understanding , matured, in fact more than the guys she hard dated in time past, he had a stable finance, good sense of humor, outgoing unlike her, thereby complementing her. She had a Good laugh when he told her his hobbies because they were almost same with his.

He treated her specially.

She remembered a day they were strolling and came across a pool of water they had to jump across. While she stepped back to gather momentum, Emmanuel lifted her by the waist onto his shoulder and they jumped together. She had to plea to be put down.afterwards before spectators thought of their phones and Facebook .

Tears rolled down her cheeks.

He came into her life when her father and mother did more of sending her money than checking up on her. When she lost her maternal grandparents she had been her confidant. She had him her everything and he had turned out to be an embodiment of lies. He dared to be dishonest when he knew she had been so honest with him.

He had send her a recorded voice message with confessions and told him not to bother to find him because it would be wasted effort.

Indeed it was, true to his words.

It was great discipline she didn't have sex with him but she had imagined them married and what their children would look like.

She thought of her childhood, being caught in between.

'Yeeaa!' Temilade shouted wishing her life would end. It was too much for her. 'Yeeaaa!!! ' Her chest tightened and she clinged to it with both hands. She coughed and took quick breaths. She began to wheeze.

Water, she needed water. She made to stand and then slumped.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Network has not helped and I apologize.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by zenie(f): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice story dear...curious 2knw whr ds all ends
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
ELEVEN

Iniobong sat back and shut her eyes. She was tired of watching her mother pace in agitation.

'I am not going to spend my money unnecessarily, the earlier that sinks, the better. I bore you hale, you were not dumb! Never had it been once mentioned that any was dumb! Ima voice rose. 'It won't start with you my own daughter. Never! You can't be a disgrace to me! '

It was the third day after her arrival back from school.

She had expected her mum to calm down so she could pass the message but now, she was sure that won't happen soon. She opened her eyes, took her notepad and pen. Ini stood and handed her the paper.

'Please send for Indifreke. ' She read out in disgust. 'So he is the one to do finishing slumped into the nearest sofa and laughed haughtily crumbling the paper too.

Iniobong eyes widened more out of worry than fear.

Just then, the door bell rang, it made Ima sit up. It was a working day and she wasn't expecting anybody.

It rang a second time before she stood and head for the door.

Imaobong opened and was rooted stunned.

He laughed, took her into his arms for a warm embrace and a kiss.
Re: Dotted Lines ... by Queenxstar(f): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
zenie: Nice story dear...curious 2knw whr ds all ends
Thanks dearie. I am trying to update but Network is something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nairaland Literary Award (2020) Winners / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / The Secret Life Of A Housegirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.