Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys (28404 Views)

Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2013
It's a sight to make most parents go cold with fear - a six-month-old girl playing with a python.

But Sidhi Siddharth Sinune who isn't even old enough to walk, never mind run away from the reptile, treats it as a plaything.

This is because it was given to her by her farmer father who earns extra cash as a snake catcher.

He brings home his prey for his daughter to play with because he says he is too poor to afford toys.

'Sidhi has an unusual bonding with the snakes and surprisingly they too like to play with her,' said Siddharth Sinune.

'Being a poor farmer, I can't buy her costly toys but I can get her snakes to play with.'

So while he and his wife are working in nearby fields in a rural part of south-west India the youngster pats the powerful snake which is capable of killing her by constriction in an instant.

In one image she squeezes its scales with her little hands in another she chews on its tail with her gums. Shrieking with delight she lets it weave through her legs.

Although not venomous, pythons are constrictors that kill by constriction, or by swallowing their prey whole.

After catching snakes which stray into the fields close to the village in the state of Maharashtra Sidhi's father releases them back to the surrounding forests.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1309690/Family-poor-buy-toys-gives-month-old-girl-SNAKE-play-with.html
http://www./parents-gave-their-baby-snake-to-play-wi.xhtml

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Toheeb31(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Wtf!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by ebamma(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Playing with death

2 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Is the baby eating the snake is the second picture ? Lord have mercy. shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by instinctg(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Awon were jati jati

10 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by ebamma(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2013
adaobi123: Is the baby eating the snake is the second picture ? Lord have mercy. shocked shocked
why should the lord have messi, when her parents name is ronaldo

13 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Smhart1(f): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2013
Madness at it peak

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by omanifrank(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2013
see poverty

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by chucky234(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Why not sell the snakes to snake farmers then use the proceeds to buy toys for the poor baby, ignorant is certainly a serious disease.

11 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by strangest(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Snake ke? Mine was a lion... Hehehe

6 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
That's a stupid act from a father to his own child,must u buy toy for ur girl??

5 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by mcevans1(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
grin cheesy
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by chymystique(f): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2013
PoVERTY is a Disease!! embarassed undecided...

*this man is not mentally ok angry

3 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Gwekzy: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2013
Upcoming Snake man
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Codedrock(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2013
Wetin dey new for this one now? My mama told me i played with snakes wen i was a kid.. It even got to a stage dey com to sleep wit me at night.. Everyday..

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by megareal: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2013
Amazing! But I know animals, even wild types tend to bond with babies easily and protect rather than harm them. Its amazing how they can differentiate the innocence of a baby from a dangerous adult.

10 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by seedord247(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2013
Na this kind baby they turn snake gurl for india movie..... shocked

In nagin voice.... De si numbari o o o de si numbari. grin

16 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by seedord247(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2013
Codedrock: Wetin dey new for this one now? My mama told me i played with snakes wen i was a kid.. It even got to a stage dey com to sleep wit me at night.. Everyday..

You grew up in zoo right? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2013
I've seen this kinda stories countless times on NL..i'm actually tired of it undecided
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by dplomaticVal: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2013
O'meeehn.... wit wht im seeing i doubt if the child is human shocked shocked
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by chaloner(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2013
I promise myself never to comment on this, thank god I kept my promise

3 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by eightsin(m): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2013
Rubbish!!!
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by seedord247(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2013
dplomaticVal: O'meeehn.... wit wht im seeing i doubt if the child is human shocked shocked

No she's mami water. smiley
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2013
Really absurd
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by bimflash(f): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2013
lol
Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Skmoda360(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Toheeb31: Wtf!!! shocked
When I was jong my payrent could nat afford an expensive toys so they brought leopard (big one for that matter) home for me cuz my papa na wildlife management staff.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by dhammer(m): 11:06am On Jul 28, 2013
Where is child services when you need them.

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Tolexander: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2013
It is what one has that one gives out as gift.

The man couldn't afford a toy and got a snake for his ward.

Seems nairaland is turning to rupeeland nowadays cos of the frequent indian news on the homepage.

1 Like

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by Henrypraise: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2013
A child does not ask for bread n given a stone, fish n given a snake, y ar dey giving dia daughter snake wen she asked for toys?? angry

5 Likes

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by lifestyle1(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2013
This is not funny. angry

Re: Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys by venorite(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2013
Juju tins tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married / Right Finger For An Engagement Ring,third Or Fourth Finger From The Thumb??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.