Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted (26571 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / Photos: Soldiers Sighted In Different Parts Of Lagos This Morning / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by HoldenCaulfield(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
................................................................................ I am feeling like dotting.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
samuelkaykay: Sighted and you allowed him to go? Ooohhhh JTF you would not have told me this.shut the border,hunt him until he is capture alive.i need to snap him during torture.children must play football with the head of shekau in the street of maiduguri.
hahahahahahaha,lwkmd oooo.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by nerodenero: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
crackhaus: For a federal government sponsored military operation to capture the most wanted terrorist in Nigeria, they sure don't know the meaning of the words 'Subtlety', 'Classified' or 'Top Secret'. And the so-called source says he doesn't want to reveal details, like we haven't heard all that is to hear.
Dont you think some information might have been withdrawn.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by donwilly3: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
mehn i lived in borno and i can tell u that dese bokos no dey play wit charms the army should give a native doctor or better still use hard drugs to overcome terrain
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
donwilly3: mehn i lived in borno and i can tell u that dese bokos no dey play wit charms the army should give a native doctor or better still use hard drugs to overcome terrain

So you live in Borno and you are from which part of Nigeria.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Lifebender(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Shekau,your days are numbered.You've wined and dined with the devil..the time has come for you to sleep with the devil.

1 Like

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by donwilly3: 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
olas2u:

So you live in Borno and you are from which part of Nigeria.
Enugu i ran away because of deir operations
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by ZACHIE: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
curiouslad: .
Valid point. I agree with you totally.

1 Like

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Kgdavid(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
~ZN~:

My thoughts Exactly!

Really, this must be a new thing. Informing the public about covert operations.

you guys are ignorant about the terms you you discuss and yet you use them freely. the fact that a military operation is ongoing is not classified information in this case because of the sheer number of troops involved. by now every single person in that vicinity knows that a bunch of troops are in action therefore such a mission cannot be covert or clandestine. it is the mission parameters, tactics, logistics and so on that are supposed to remain covert and if you are sensible you can see that none of the really sensitive info has been disclosed. what has been disclosed is basically propaganda to give morale to the public. the army wants everyone to know that they are about to get shekau and by so doing garner more support for the mission. sometimes i wonder the way you people reason. do you think you are any smarter than our army officers? before they went into the army they were normal people just like you, then they went into the army and got trained to the same extent as you might have been in conventional career fields and then got specialized military training which you can never dream of getting and you still think you know something about military operations just because you watched Rambo from part one to four? please take a seat somewhere and alllow the professionals to do what they do best.

16 Likes

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by nijanigga: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
Afro connect: God bless Nigerian Army.
God bless Nigeria.
For all of you talking down our military-if you can stand the heat,get into the kitchen and stop talking from outside like b-tches.
The "all mighty" American Army chased Bin-Laden for years before they finally nail him.
We should gear our anger towards criminal politicians,stealing us blind,and wasting time fighting and politicking with NGF as am instrument,instead of working for us,passing bills that will benefit all Nigerians.They spend and waste all our resources and revenue with no benefit to us.
Nigerian Military personnels are sacrificing their lives so you id-ots can have peace,and you sods,sit on ur lazy asses typing shit.
senseless, they posted Maj Fambiya to fight boko haram leader because of his knowledge of the gwoza area and the Brid olukayode babbles from ABUJA looting billions with GEJ. Sorry for the family of Maj Fambiya and RIP to the departed. But to die for Nigeria = die in vain. Terrorist have nothing to loose,they have no value for human lives,after all,they want to die and take with them the best they can. Terrorists need just one chance while others must be 100% correct.
Who posted Maj Fambiya to Maiduguri, who was to be in officer's training,need to be held accountable, but accountability to Nigerians in power is an "alien" word.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Kelechi2020(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Good riddance to bad nonsense.they are always giving us things to think about to keep us busy.

1 Like

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by yinchar(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
curiouslad: A renowned terrorist is sighted in the caves.
1. Send co-ordinates to base.
2. Order a surgical military airstrike.
3. Send in a team to confirm the kill.

Or have I been watching too many movies

You've not my brother....
We need young intelligent chaps like you in our military...This is the 21st century, the rules of engagement has shifted from face to face combat to modern technological warfare, the use of GPS, thermal & infra-red sensor, and advanced jet fighters with precision cruise missiles.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by tmanuelle(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2013

Na, u r juz on point bro
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by lexrichy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Kgdavid:

you guys are ignorant about the terms you you discuss and yet you use them freely. the fact that a military operation is ongoing is not classified information in this case because of the sheer number of troops involved. by now every single person in that vicinity knows that a bunch of troops are in action therefore such a mission cannot be covert or clandestine. it is the mission parameters, tactics, logistics and so on that are supposed to remain covert and if you are sensible you can see that none of the really sensitive info has been disclosed. what has been disclosed is basically propaganda to give morale to the public. the army wants everyone to know that they are about to get shekau and by so doing garner more support for the mission. sometimes i wonder the way you people reason. do you think you are any smarter than our army officers? before they went into the army they were normal people just like you, then they went into the army and got trained to the same extent as you might have been in conventional career fields and then got specialized military training which you can never dream of getting and you still think you know something about military operations just because you watched Rambo from part one to four? please take a seat somewhere and alllow the professionals to do what they do best.
talk about 24 jackbauer
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by ZACHIE: 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
yinchar:

You've not my brother....
We need young intelligent chaps like you in our military...This is the 21st century, the rules of engagement has shifted from face to face combat to modern technological warfare, the use of GPS, thermal & infra-red sensor, and advanced jet fighters with precision cruise missiles.

Nice.
Wish you were around to teach the American Army all these when they were combing Khandarhar and ToraBorah regions looking for Bin Laden.
I,m sure they are reading this and would have learned a thing or two from your expert ProBook.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by bankyblue(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
I knew that operation will fail.

Is high time they start making there operation secret.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Bright2(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
I don't need them alive that was why i gave this order earlier,killlll them allllll. embarassed
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Alxmyr(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
nijanigga:
senseless, they posted Maj Fambiya to fight boko haram leader because of his knowledge of the gwoza area and the Brid olukayode babbles from ABUJA looting billions with GEJ. Sorry for the family of Maj Fambiya and RIP to the departed. But to die for Nigeria = die in vain. Terrorist have nothing to loose,they have no value for human lives,after all,they want to die and take with them the best they can. Terrorists need just one chance while others must be 100% correct.
Who posted Maj Fambiya to Maiduguri, who was to be in officer's training,need to be held accountable, but accountability to Nigerians in power is an "alien" word.

And you have made the best contribution from a stand point of a wise patriotic Nigerian.

Clap for your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dnt tel me its bad terrain, I tink dia is a mole in d JTF!
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by curiouslad(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
ZACHIE:

Nice.
Wish you were around to teach the American Army all these when they were combing Khandarhar and ToraBorah regions looking for Bin Laden.
I,m sure they are reading this and would have learned a thing or two from your expert ProBook.
Thanks.

Osama went completely off grid after 9/11 sir. Shekau on the other hand was posting videos to YouTube making telephone interview to the media. He should have been apprehended 'easily' before running off into the terrains.

But again not to discredit the hardworking done by our military maybe I'm wrong
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by stepone(m): 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
The army let him go, so as to trail him to his sponsors. Finish!
I am sure he is been followed...

Think ditectively*** more like Osama, US knew were he was, but they needed real evidence to get his sponsor to book. It all about patience to get all the BH sponsors Network.

Remember Naija Army is one of the best in Africa. No doubt about that...
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
stepone: The army let him go, so as to trail him to his sponsors. Finish!
I am sure he is been followed...

Think ditectively*** more like Osama, US knew were he was, but they needed real evidence to get his sponsor to book. It all about patient to get all the BH Network.

Remember Naija Army is one of the best in Africa. No doubt about that...

How old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by ZACHIE: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
curiouslad:

Osama went completely off grid after 9/11 sir. Shekau on the other hand was posting videos to YouTube making telephone interview to the media. He should have been apprehended 'easily' before running off into the terrains.

But again not to discredit the hardworking done by our military maybe I'm wrong
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don't give up Ihejirika. Smoke them out and link them to their original financiers (A.PEE.SHE)
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
nijanigga:

I feel your pain and that of the relatives of the gallant major, but it doesn't work like that in the armed forces. I bet y'all will be singing a different song if his help had led to the capture of shekau.
Its a call to duty. RIP Marge
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Kelechi2020(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
Good riddance to bad nonsense....(spits on pc )they are always giving us things to think about so as to keep us busy and stop us from wondering about beer parlour talks like:
what are these boys(JTF) realy doing over dia in the north?do they want to copy the us military by staying in adamawa like they stayed in afganistan
Does dis dumbo of ...a(u can complete that)realy care about fighting terror in the north or in some 20...(also cmplete) ambition.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by Dagoma: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Good job JTF, all Nigerians are with ypu, praying for your success especially during this holy month. We all need Peace in our Father land.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by IYANGBALI: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
billante: Am sure that guy would never want to be captured alive! he will definitely be killed in a gun fight or Air strike soonest!

Which i think should be the best option, just like US did to Osama bin laden......long detention and trial while keeping alive is nonsense......and he might even be granted pardon later on, when those senseless northern elders start demanding rubbish and in other to curry political support from that region GEJ might oblige them

So they should waste the modafuckker now and close his chapter and troubles for life
seconed,thirded,fourted and fithed
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by IYANGBALI: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dagoma: Good job JTF, all Nigerians are with ypu, praying for your success especially during this holy month. We all need Peace in our Father land.
ol boy not all nigns o,those aboki people are not in support ofthe operation o,they want Nigeria to be islamised
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by crackhaus: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
nerodenero: Dont you think some information might have been withdrawn.
Oh that's for sure, some information may have been withdrawn. I'm just thinking constant updates going viral too often may not be result-effective. I'm no military man but that's what I think.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by crackhaus: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Kgdavid:

Okay, whatever man. I just offered me opinion. I don't come on nairaland to argue with folks I don't know. I assume you're in the military bro? No? Yes? Maybe? Huh? Cos I'm thinking you're not, so that just makes you a Rambo(part 1-4) watcher like the rest of us. We all just brainstorming here, yourself included.
Re: Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted by daffur: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
What are u doing outside the Army? Hopeless shlt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / Where Is The Ibom Air Launched By Governor Udom Emmanuel Before The Election? / Tinubu Holds Meeting With Party Loyalists Ahead Of Campaigns (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.