Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors (15813 Views)

How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea / Bristow Helicopter Crash Survivors In Lagos (photos) / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by calddon(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
after some weeks of western food, they would be put onto a western plain and transported back to the western part of nigeria to try again. Back to stage 1. i pity them though
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
chinedum45:

someone just repaired my fridge and in less than 1hour I paid him #12000. He is a Nigerian in Nigeria...only lazy fools think they can't make it in Nigeria

Because you don manage buy one "SEMSONG" fridge, you don dey feel like James Bond abi?

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
chinedum45:

someone just repaired my fridge and in less than 1hour I paid him #12000. He is a Nigerian in Nigeria...only lazy fools think they can't make it in Nigeria
its easier to make it in Nigeria than outside Nigeria,so how can they be lazy fools?

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by free2ryhme: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Na for niaja e dey happen grin grin.. make una no waste becos of greener pasture.

It is not always greener on the other side undecided

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Edmontino: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Amen

PECO4KING: Na every country you go see Nigerians. I hail for Nigga. One dey God go bless our country we go stay here and people will come and migrate here too.

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by ayobase(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
chinedum45:

And my papa said make I go learn that work years back, but I refused.....12K within an hour...damn...e never late...make I go see Baba Sule!
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Arsenate(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
chinedum45:

I wish I could like this post a million times. The way people talk about how hopeless Nigeria is I keep wondering if it's not the same Nigeria I live in. I look around and I see opportunities. only lazy peeps runaway from the country giving flimsy excuse.

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by justwise(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Arsenate: I wish I could like this post a million times. The way people talk about how hopeless Nigeria is I keep wondering if it's not the same Nigeria I live in. I look around and I see opportunities. only lazy peeps runaway from the country giving flimsy excuse.

If that Nigerian works as fridge repairer in Italy, US or the UK how much do you think he will be paid per hour?

2 Likes

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by kevinlesley: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
I wonder why people blame Gej for every silly mistake that people make! Gej have ruled this country for only 5yrs,the damaged done to this country can not be undone even in 10yrs,pls give d man a space & show some respect. You wil find out that most of us that shout Gej at any slightest mistake made by any tribe or group can not even sucessfully run a small scale business or a dept let alone a nation. If anyone is running away from his/her country and got drowned,hw is dt Gej's mking?Lazy pple,attention seekers,

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Orikinla(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Only mentally sick Nigerians will be found among such migrants.
I watch these documentaries of Nigerians trying to make their way to Europe through such dangerous routes and I wonder if they have been cursed.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Ferdinandu(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
with this EU economic crisis ,places like Spain and Greece having an unemployment rate of upto 25%,People are still ready to risk their life,waste a reasonable chunk of money that could have been put to a better use ,endure unimaginable hardships enroute .If these peeps can put all this efforts to try to survive in Africa,I tell u they may not become rich but they will have some reasonable comfort in Africa.The problem here is just ignorance. They all have the same mindset,"if it is not abroad i can't make it".They all think that money grows on trees in Europe.

3 Likes

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by immortalcrown(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Story everywhere

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by dasparrow: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ferdinandu: with this EU economic crisis ,places like Spain and Greece having an unemployment rate of upto 25%,People are still ready to risk their life,waste a reasonable chunk of money that could have been put to a better use ,endure unimaginable hardships enroute .If these peeps can put all this efforts to try to survive in Africa,I tell u they may not become rich but they will have some reasonable comfort in Africa.The problem here is just ignorance. They all think that money grows on trees in Europe.

My sentiments exactly! Well said.

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
I'm confused.

I thought Nigeria is now better and no need to travel out and no one is looking to travel out anymore?
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by juman(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
rhames: the leaders in Africa are cursed

I agree with you. Our continent is riddle with many bad leaders.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by CONSTAINE: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
PECO4KING: Na every country you go see Nigerians. I hail for Nigga. One dey God go bless our country we go stay here and people will come and migrate here too.

Na when you don die abi?wetin you dey do for nigeria,nor be to check nairaland,stay for your papa,he still feed you.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by CONSTAINE: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
justwise: its easier to make it in Nigeria than outside Nigeria,so how can they be lazy fools?

Electricians,carpenters and plumbers are paid up to $65 an hour in US and Canada.which company for naija fit pay you that money?na cheap labour dey naija,you fit work today make you no see work 2moro.Na A/C and fridge my uncle dey repair for years.he try build one house for AJah.but if na canada he dey he for make times 50 of wetin he get now.

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by CONSTAINE: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
NeuroBoss: One day, my country will be the envy of others
My country women will no longer try to enter a foreign land with pregnancy under bad conditions.
One day, young boys in my country would no longer be interested in travelling abroad except to enjoy the Oyibo winter as they come to enjoy our summer.

Stop talking like a prophet you are not.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by isaiahethan: 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lesson to others,illegal entry.Italy is poor at the moment,people should seek advice before going for such risk. cool

1 Like

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Bimpss(f): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
Honestly is it by force to travel?? I don't blame them sha, it's the misconception that Nigerians are given about overseas being "Paradise". After them suffer for boat reach obodo oyinbo, na so them go suffer when they no get paper.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Allohrandy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
CONSTAINE:

Electricians,carpenters and plumbers are paid up to $65 an hour in US and Canada.which company for naija fit pay you that money?na cheap labour dey naija,you fit work today make you no see work 2moro.Na A/C and fridge my uncle dey repair for years.he try build one house for AJah.but if na canada he dey he for make times 50 of wetin he get now.
grin grin grin.Stop lying brother. An average carpenter, Electrician, plumber don't make $65 per hour. Most make $20 per hour. Even an average Engineer in US don't make up to $65 per hour.

2 Likes

Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Bimpss(f): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Allohrandy: grin grin grin.Stop lying brother. An average carpenter, Electrician, plumber don't make $65 per hour. Most make $20 per hour. Even an average Engineer in US don't make up to $65 per hour.

Thank you! I was just about to point that out. Electricians make less than $28 PER HOUR where I live. If an electrician should make $65 per hour, then he must have graduated from Harvard with a Masters or something and connections in the right places. Even then, that is still debatable. Another Misconception he just gave some poor electrician to go and jump on the next boat to the U.S grin grin
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
These fools are running to Europe while the white Europeans like the Portugese are running to Mozambique and Angola to
find work.
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Ayab1203(f): 10:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
Person still dry risk him life to go Italy? This is Baaaaad! Education is the key oooo! No two ways to it
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Eastcoast33(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
....Nigerians among d survivors hmmmmm naija no dey carry last jooooor
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by Abdyd: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Europe by Bidon, Evil‘s way
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by nagoma(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
justwise:

If that Nigerian works as fridge repairer in Italy, US or the UK how much do you think he will be paid per hour?

And how much tax will he pay and bills and mortgage ?
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by nagoma(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Can we please have the names of Nigerians in this illegal desperate and dangerous escapade to be European slaves by all means?
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by seangy4konji: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
If you have ever drank garri for 6 month straight and the only time you eat bread is with seven up after working 10 hours straight then you will know the brain might just program it to out of this place so as not to die and it better trying to out and die than die without trying at all.
manny4life: RIP to the dead, but why do people take so much risk putting their lives in danger?
Re: 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors by seangy4konji: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
How many jobs have you created in nigeria?no insult.just asking
nagoma: Can we please have the names of Nigerians in this illegal desperate and dangerous escapade to be European slaves by all means?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Tumbles On A Bridge At Abalti Barracks This Morning / Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu / Tbilisi, Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.