Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant (16722 Views)

Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant / So APGA As A Party Is Now Dead And Buried! Thanks To Peter Obi / Leaked Letter Of Agreement Between Willie Obiano And APGA As The Next Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by mikeapollo: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2013
A desperate, shameless man!

I cant imagine how a former CBN Governor, a professor in Economics can descend so low into the murky waters of Nigerian politics so soon after leaving the CBN. For God's sake, there are many global bodies like AfDB, World Bank, IMF, ECOWAS etc that this man can work for as consultant!
His motivation must have been money and power the Nigerian way, not professionalism.

No wonder he tolerated and even covered up a lot of shenanigans in the banking sector when he was CBN governor
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by nwabobo: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2013
This could be mere speculation. I reserve my comment until I hear from Soludo himself.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2013
mikeapollo: A desperate, shameless man!

I cant imagine how a former CBN Governor, a professor in Economics can descend so low into the murky waters of Nigerian politics so soon after leaving the CBN.
His motivation must have been money and power....No professionalism

Very dumb post!

Who says politics must be left to unprofessional people?

This is the very reason why thugs are making laws for us and running our government and yet you people want development.

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Ugo50: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2013
God i Thank u 4 dis
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by nwabobo: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2013

I cant imagine how a former CBN Governor, a professor in Economics can descend so low into the murky waters of Nigerian politics so soon after leaving the CBN. For God's sake, there are many global bodies like AfDB, World Bank, IMF, ECOWAS etc that this man can work for as consultant!
His motivation must have been money and power the Nigerian way, not professionalism.

No wonder he tolerated and even covered up a lot of shenanigans in the banking sector when he was CBN governor

Your post above shows you do not know the man C C SOLUDO. He has done all you recommended above and more;

"I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures." - Soludo

8 Likes

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by bestview: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2013
abagoro: Which ever way we look at it I'm impressed with how the Anambra political atmosphere is shaping up. Whether Ngige or Soludo, it is a win-win for Anambrians. Can't wait for them to join the league of States with real leaders. Right now if I was in Anambra I would be confused on who to vote for between Soludo and Ngige. The Ubas will be a continuation of business as usual.

You have come again with your usual madness. Let me make it clear to you now, the least leader in Anambra state trounces all the best candidate from your state and also present clown called governor in your state. That is a known fact! Deal with it..

@Topic: Anambra is the home of the brightests, most times its always too hard to a choice.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by bigsheg(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Soludo all the way. Thank you for avoiding the PDP and the lure of those small parties. Now it's Soludo all the way. I don't mind working for him just to make sure he wins this election (by the way you can reach me through my email address if you are interested in my services). His nearest opponents are Ngige and Uba. Ngige will lose so many votes because of his affiliation with the ACN. There's nothing that an average Anambra Igbo hates more than having their governor receive orders from Tinubu and all those Ofenmanu people at the helm of affairs in ACN.
"Yoruba indeed"..no wonder the east is the way it is...Have u bothered to see how the ACN guvnors are transforming their various states?Keep living in the past.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by slimghost(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2013

Either you are a kid or you are the dumbest person ever on Nairaland, no pun intended! So technocrats and professionals should leave politics for thugs and illiterates? SMH

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by jacintamary: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2013
[size=18pt]My brother and mentor Sir Chris Nwabueze Ngige,
For the first time in ten years, I will support someone else not because I no longer like you but because something bigger than you is about to happen in our dear state.
We all love our states and now is the time to prove it.
We all want SOLUTION to our anambra problems.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 30, 2013
A Soludo/Ekwunife ticket will be tough to beat! Ekwunife will be instrumental in garnering the female vote, and grassroots 'mobilization'; since she's been a long-standing member of APGA. Soludo, on the other hand, bringe his rich economic knowledge needed to transform Anambra into a world-class business destination.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by bestview: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2013
tomakint: If the news in this thread is anything to go by, I rejoice with my Igbo compatriots (especially the Anambrarians) for fielding one of the best brains in Economics to ever emerge out of Africa, Chief Charles Soludo! He has my support already cool

No no no...correction

Not Chief, but Professor Chukwuma Soludo
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by bestview: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: Wow!! Excellent.

I was pained at Soludo's loss in 2010.

I can't wait for the Soludo Solution. This is excellent. Let all those 23 PDP folks slug it out with themselves.

Soludo has a free ride here. I hope Chris remains in the senate. Thats where he belongs.

Anambra will be the greatest state(Or second greatest. Edo will be the greatest grin) in Nigeria if Soludo comes on board, not because of Soludo himself, but because he will be able to harness the collective power of Anambrarians for the massive development of Anambra State and an eventual spread across the South East region.

Anambra state without question has the greatest collection of capable Nigerians. No state is that blessed in terms of Human resources.

Of course, that one is unarguable..

Its a fact known world over..

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by billante(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2013
To balance the anambra North agenda, APGA should throw up the soludo/Obaze candidate..... so everybody will not feel cheated and happy.
No party can defeat dis combination

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by asha80(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2013
billante: To balance the anambra North agenda, APGA should throw up the soludo/Obaze candidate..... so everybody will not feel cheated and happy.
No party can defeat dis combination
will obaze agree?
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Hardeydamola(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2013
billante: Afam abeg front page this fantastic news make the sensitization start!

Its soludo or nobody else! he is nairaland candidate already

for ur mind Nairaland candidate ko Nairasea candidate ni...My brother you seem to be a sycophant...dis soludo sef no be corruption follow am after CBN

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/efcc-grills-soludo-ex-cbn-gov-others/
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Chrislaug(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2013

Better censor that soak-away you call "mouth" before releasing those empty thoughts of yours.
Mshewww! You were still shitting in your pampers when Soludo got his 1st class @ UNN. He's d best governship candidate. His reputation precedes him.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Chrislaug(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2013

Better censor that soak-away you call "mouth" before releasing those empty thoughts of yours.
Mshewww! You were still shitting in your pampers when Soludo got his 1st class @ UNN. He's d best governship candidate. His reputation precedes him. Africa, Dubai, Taiwan.... That's d new Anambra. cool

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Dospix(m): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2013
sobaemma: mark my word there will be bomb explosion in kano
sobaemma: mark my word,There will be bomb in kano state sabongari
This young man should know something about this bombing.I did a dig on him and discovered he posted this on multiple threads.We need real computer genius to thrace the ip address of this comment. We have a suspect,and this young man is our prime suspect.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2013
[size=18pt]Soludo is one that listens. We already have a winner for the up coming election.

Don't know about the rest of you but Anambra is too big and strategic a state to recycle leaders.

Fresh Air. Soludo 2015, APGA 2015
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2013
[size=14pt]There is no reason why all south east states should not have APGA Governors by 2015. APGA has a reputation for producing performing Governors. Example, Peter Obi and Owelle Rochas.

APGA is the security, prosperity and progress of Alaigbo.

APGA Ka anyi ga eso.[/size]
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by StCapital: 8:51am On Jul 30, 2013
Please everybody in ANAMBRA should support SOLUDO,i believe if he wins,which i'm 100% sure,the whole SOUTH EAST and NIGERIA will benefit from his idea,he is the best candidate among all the state ASPIRANTS.I dont know why SOLUDO is not in Jonathan's Government,it is because of HAUSA POLITICS that made YAR'DUA to remove him and put sanusi who is not better than SOLUDO.

Please everybody in Nigeria and out side Nigeria should support our best candidate SOLUDO.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by dubem3(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2013
it will be good to have Soludo as governor if only he is willing to dedicate time, resources and honesty to the job.
It will good to have him there if he understands the height of expectations mounted on and expected from him and is ready to live up to and transcend these expectations.
It will be wonderful to have him on that exalted seat if really, as a patriot he understands the exemptions thathave been made on his behalf and is willing to through his achievements quell the ill feelings of his counter parts who were sacrificed on the alter to have him paint us 'bright yellow'.

Soludo, if you come in, it's a big shoe you step into and that, you must surpass. I am not willing to vouche for the fact that there will be no consequences if you go there to play the gluttonous politics of 'all man fill your pockets'
ogwu cha kwaa ka ora'm n'onu.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Longeria(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2013
joney360: Nobody should blame Obi for this. He lost the leadership tussle in court to Umeh. Now Umeh has the upper hand in negotiations. so that's how zoning went.
Anyway am from Anambra North but I will happily fur fit my so called birth right to Soludo
Thanks for your matured comment

1 Like

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by 1MCN: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Could there be a better news! Am not exactly from Anambra, but as Nwa'fo I know that this is not just good for Anambra. It's good for Nd'Igbo. Cant wait for him to fulfill the promise of making Onitsha and Nnewi that world trade centre he promised in his 2010 campaign and Aba that Technology hub of Africa.

This is my personal vision for the East, proposed according to each's comparative advantage:
1. Make Anambra Africa's largest commercial centre
2. Abia, our home for technology and manufacturing.
3. Imo, centre of education and research and oil and gas.
4. Enugu, the tourism and entertainment home.
5. Ebonyi, our source of Agricultural produce both crops and livestock.

Of course, every state will have the presence of each of those sectors but a state must perfect at leat one to global landmark.

Meanwhile, I've developed a comprehesive development strategy for Southeast awaiting publication.
Chukwu gozie Alaigbo ebem si bia ma ndi ya nile. Ise!

12 Likes

Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by iykmilo: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2013
I will keep my comment to myself until i comfirm d authencity of this news from other sources. I pray its not true.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2013
1MCN: Could there be a better news! Am not exactly from Anambra, but as Nwa'fo I know that this is not just good for Anambra. It's good for Nd'Igbo. Cant wait for him to fulfill the promise of making Onitsha and Nnewi that world trade centre he promised in his 2010 campaign and Aba that Technology hub of Africa.

This is my personal vision for the East, proposed according to each's comparative advantage:
1. Make Anambra Africa's largest commercial centre
2. Abia, our home for technology and manufacturing.
3. Imo, centre of education and research and oil and gas.
4. Enugu, the tourism and entertainment home.
5. Ebonyi, our source of Agricultural produce both crops and livestock.

Of course, every state will have the presence of each of those sectors but a state must perfect at leat one to global landmark.

Meanwhile, I've developed a comprehesive development strategy for Southeast awaiting publication.
Chukwu gozie Alaigbo ebem si bia ma ndi ya nile. Ise!

uche gi diya!
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by onyengbu: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2013
iykmilo: I will keep my comment to myself until i comfirm d authencity of this news from other sources. I pray its not true.
[size=14pt]My friend, Like that boy on AZ oil advert will say:[/size]

[size=18pt]There is no smoke without fire ooo grin

Ad we all pray its true![/size]
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Plshavmercyamen: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2013
In as much as I like the candidacy of Soludo owing to his competence and political expediency that led to his moving to APGA. But, I wonder how Peter Obi will be able to calm the nerves of both the candidates and pple 4rm Anambra North. U knw is not politically wise to raise the hope of a pple only to dash it in a twinkle of an eye and this might definitely work against the candidacy of Soludo as i wonder the face with which Peter Obi will lead Soludo on campaign tours to Anambra north. Mind you, Ngige might capitalise on this to select a grassroot politician frm North as his running mate which wil further pitch d realisation of Soludo candidacy as Gov'nor into jeopardy. All d same, may the best of the best win as we are on ground to ensure this party or Zonal affiliation nt withstanding.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
This is the best news my ears have heard in recent times.
I will personally get involved in the campaign.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by Coenvict: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
NGIGE IS THE MAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by duality(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
I no trust this Anambra people.. Tomorrow one Billionaire who has no intention of becoming governor will bring out 10 billion and flag off his campaign just to stop soludo. You know their are lots of money miss road from that state.
Re: Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant by kingbang: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Coenvict: NGIGE IS THE MAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Wakey Wakey!!!! NO APC in Anambra!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

mODIFIED / Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria / PHOTOS: Fayose And Makarfi At PDP NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.