Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families (17654 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / Until JK Started His Campaign, Lagos Didnt Have Igbos, Yorubas Or Hausas. / 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2013
APC ba?

No wahala
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 30, 2013
manny4life:

As much as I agree with you, and I wish they will list, however, it does not excuse the illegal actions of Fashola. Nigeria is a sovereign nation, Lagos isn't but a state subject to Nigerian Constitutional Laws, and what Lagos did is WRONG.

Lagos took the right decision. What I found curious is the "tribalization" of the whole stuff by Igbos. Yorubas have been reunited with their families in Ekiti, Ogun and Oyo. Igbo did not raise any objection. Hausa-Fulanis have been reunited with their families in Kano, Yobe etc. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Now, that a few Igbo are being assisted to reunite with their relations, it's "tribalism".

If you think Lagos is flouting the constitution, organize, hire a barrister and sue LASG. That's how to test the legality or constitutionality of LASG action. Crying, whining and lamenting all days on Nairaland won't stop this good policy.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by nduchucks: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 12:09am On Jul 30, 2013
I don't know what the fuss is about.

They sent them back to their states of origin for creating nuisance in a state that's far from home; so freaking what?

It happens in every country in the world!

I remember vividly that I was sent back to London from Hull a few years for public disorder and having no fixed abode there.

I have a friend that was given asbo in Leeds and sent back to London.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by strangest(m): 12:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Left at upper iweka road by express around 3am? What kind of reunion is that? This is not the first time but the second time... Who is Fashola trying to decieve? Oh let me guess, his training arena for hawkers didn't cover his useless lies ... And I thought he once denied doing such...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 12:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Send oafs and wastemen back to where they can become useful.

Who cares what their people think?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 30, 2013
strangest: Left at upper iweka road by express around 3am? What kind of reunion is that? This is not the first time but the second time... Who is Fashola trying to decieve? Oh let me guess, his training arena for hawkers didn't cover his useless lies ... And I thought he once denied doing such...

It won't be the last time too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by AK481(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2013
When a man cook for the whole village they will finish it but wen the whole village cook for the man....... Nuff said.

The truth is dat igbos are not lazy,igbos are not destitutes...fact

In every 100 beggars in the street of lagos,we have 80 hausa/fulani (northerners),18 yorubas and 2 igbos.infact I hardly see igbos beg or being idle....fact again!

The issue of deportation is mere hatred by the fashola administration and perhaps the core yorubas at large towards the igbos,it has taken sooo many metamorphosis before getting to this internal deportation(never heard of anything like this before now).let me remind u of the ladipo incident wen fashola locked up the market,a spare part market,a condemnand metal scrap market under the allegation of being dirty,odun ade and alaba market follow suit bt lagos island market wasn't affected,did I hear u say because lagos island is 50-50? Yes u re correct if u say so.

How come hausa fulani almajiri wasn't deported with proof?

How come an ebonyi "madman and begger" was reunited with his family in opi iweka? Is it for him to continue his madness in anambra,because this anambra love mad people?

Dis guy of a spokeman has just made it easier for a baby lawyer to win the case and sue the lasg for damages relating to violation of human right and "attempted murde",kidnapping.

Incase u all re wondering wen all this wickedness and act of cowardice for these folks will end,then just wait a little longer because "their problem is genetically marked and motivated"..like okija juju once said.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by LandofMH: 12:14am On Jul 30, 2013
Lagos and another of its political spins. I have to borrow this spin abeg. "family reunion".. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Afam4eva(m): 12:16am On Jul 30, 2013
The Lagos state governments must think Nigerians are 1diots. If they were reuniting these people with their families, did these people as for it? And why were those that were supposedly reunited with their families unhappy about the event and gave account of how they were arrested and bundled by the task force. In my 27 years as a human being, i've never seen a government that lies the way the Lagos state government does. They lie with blatant shamelessness. I won't be surprised if they consult from Lie Mohammed from time to time. kai.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by basilo101: 12:17am On Jul 30, 2013
Under upper iweaka flyover at 3am? Which kind family re-union b dis?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Seriously, I love this Fasola dude.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 12:21am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption: Seriously, I love this Fasola dude.

King Fashola is a genius and ahead of his time! cool

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by eightsin(m): 12:22am On Jul 30, 2013
I'm just laffing... Naija i hail oo...una no de fail oo.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by basilo101: 12:24am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Lagos took the right decision. What I found curious is the "tribalization" of the whole stuff by Igbos. Yorubas have be reunited with their families in Ekiti, Ogun and Oyo. Igbo did not raise any objection. Hausa-Fulanis have been reunited with their families in Kano, Yobe etc. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Now, that a few Igbo are being assisted to reunite with their relations, it's "tribalism".

If you think Lagos is flouting the constitution, organize, hire a barrister and sue LASG. That's how to test the legality or constitutionality of LASG action. Crying, whining and lamenting all days on Nairaland won't stop this good policy.
u realy tnk he won't b sued? Watch me
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2013
basilo101:
u realy tnk he won't b sued? Watch me

That's what we want. Be a good citizen, go to court and challenge the constitutionality of LASG policy.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2013
bittyend: I don't know what the fuss is about.

They sent them back to their states of origin for creating nuisance in a state that's far from home; so freaking what?

It happens in every country in the world!

I remember vividly that I was sent back to London from Hull a few years for public disorder and having no fixed abode there.

I have a friend that was given asbo in Leeds and sent back to London.

Don't condone what is wrong. There is nothing as their state of origin. Anyone can reside anywhere in Nigeria. Why should Lagos be different. Maybe the Niger Deltans should demand that every top position that can be occupied by qualified Niger Deltans should be given to them and all Yorubas should step down.

Please Gov. Fashola should stop this madness or he should reunite himself with his family.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by warrikid(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2013
yemi2plus2: Let it be noted that at the risk of sounding platitudinously humdrum,we have asseverated for the upteenth time, that the convocation of a sovereign national conference for purposesof interrogating the odoriferous vaudeville of our national jeremiad, remains the only potentand efficaciously utilitarian paspartou out of our cascading national sirocco but alas,disdain complacency to say the least and at best Olympian pococuranteismand the tedium of prescriptive poco a poco is what we have been greeted with by intellectual philistines,hig h priests of a prebendal state and their opprobrious agents...LOOK AM NOW?If this is indeed true,many more may follow and this deposits me in a state of heebie jeebies.
Hahahahahahahaha.LWKMD.
Dis guy medicine don finish again oo.loooolz.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Don't condone what is wrong. There is nothing as their state of origin. Anyone can reside anywhere in Nigeria. Why should Lagos be different. Maybe the Niger Deltans should demand that every top position that can be occupied by qualified Niger Deltans should be given to them and all Yorubas should step down.

Please Gov. Fashola should stop this madness or he should reunite himself with his family.

There's my brother.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by brosdoncome(m): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2013
yemi2plus2: Let it be noted that at the risk of sounding platitudinously humdrum,we have asseverated for the upteenth time, that the convocation of a sovereign national conference for purposesof interrogating the odoriferous vaudeville of our national jeremiad, remains the only potentand efficaciously utilitarian paspartou out of our cascading national sirocco but alas,disdain complacency to say the least and at best Olympian pococuranteismand the tedium of prescriptive poco a poco is what we have been greeted with by intellectual philistines,hig h priests of a prebendal state and their opprobrious agents...LOOK AM NOW?If this is indeed true,many more may follow and this deposits me in a state of heebie jeebies.

Hon patrick Obahiagbon must be a basta-rd for being ur role model cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2013
Who hid my post?
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 12:36am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Did you read what I posted? Go back and read it again and post a coherent rebuttal.

If you have no fixed abode in any part of the world and you have become a nuisance to the public, those controlling the place have a right to send you back to where you can be more useful; regardless of your status.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by lecrae(m): 12:40am On Jul 30, 2013
He did the right thing, dey suld go back to where they came 4rm n create their nuisance there, no space in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by manny4life(m): 12:40am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Lagos took the right decision. What I found curious is the "tribalization" of the whole stuff by Igbos. Yorubas have be reunited with their families in Ekiti, Ogun and Oyo. Igbo did not raise any objection. Hausa-Fulanis have been reunited with their families in Kano, Yobe etc. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Now, that a few Igbo are being assisted to reunite with their relations, it's "tribalism".

Reunited is a classier way of saying deportation... CLASSIC BS.

A few Igbos are assisted to reunite with their relations? Are you kidding me? Like I said, where they coerced, pressured, forced or was it "at will"? A govt that doesn't respect the will of its citizens should be frowned upon, like I said, since he looked up to international standard, using "international standard" as the elementary component in his decision, did he forget such actions are supervised by the "COURT"?

Unfortunately, I cannot sue Lagos because a) I'm not in Lagos, and b)it's too early for a lawsuit, perhaps civil right activist know what best to do. I wish if the "retardeen" will invoke his statutory authority and silence this man called Fashola, then there will be no need to sue.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:41am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

There's my brother.

State of Origin is our term for dividing us. If we can live anywhere, why should we give a flying f because of state of origin.

Should we tell uncle Wole not to talk about Rivers issue because of state of origin? Should Yorubas stop being heads of Petroleum industries because of state of origin?

Let Gov. Fashola act like a democratic leader. How can you deport someone because either he was born in a different state or his parents were born in a different state?

My friends dad said something once that touched me. He said he was born in Lagos but started working in Port-Harcourt at a very young age. He is from Ogun state but has never been there. He knows nothing about Ogun State or his hometown. Now his kids were born and raised in Port-Harcourt. He still can't imagine that his son is looked at as an Ogun State person.

If we are deporting a boy like that, will Gov. Amaechi deport him to Ogun.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by iconaus: 12:42am On Jul 30, 2013
Brimmie: MY TAKE:
The only difference between international law and Nigeria is the imaginary boundary created by the British. .

As for me, I give kudos to Fasola for what he did.

Nigeria is an international union of many Nations. .. just like ECOWAS.

NOw yorubas know that Nigeria is not one . Why did you support the civil war? . Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 30, 2013
manny4life:

Reunited is a classier way of saying deportation... CLASSIC BS.

A few Igbos are assisted to reunite with their relations? Are you kidding me? Like I said, where they coerced, pressured, forced or was it "at will"? A govt that doesn't respect the will of its citizens should be frowned upon, like I said, since he looked up to international standard, using "international standard" as the elementary component in his decision, did he forget such actions are supervised by the "COURT"?

Unfortunately, I cannot sue Lagos because a) I'm not in Lagos, and b)it's too early for a lawsuit, perhaps civil right activist know what best to do. I wish if the "retardeen" will invoke his statutory authority and silence this man called Fashola, then there will be no need to sue.

Oh Boy, call it what you want! If you like call it execution, it doesn't change the name of this good policy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bigmo1(m): 12:43am On Jul 30, 2013
Ofonagoro :
I agree with what the LASG did. Igbo like to develop another man's land and leave his own destitute. Ndi Igbo let's go back home and develop our land and stop going to places we aren't wanted.
Pls when you leave, kindly leave ur beautiful chics behind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Several Die As Kwara PDP Members Scramble For Saraki’s Sallah Gifts / No COVID-19 Palliatives In My House, Abike Dabiri Cries Out / 2023: Tinubu Will Get 70 Percent Of South- East Votes - Afegbua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.