Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families (17631 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / Until JK Started His Campaign, Lagos Didnt Have Igbos, Yorubas Or Hausas. / 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:44am On Jul 30, 2013
bittyend:

Did you read what I posted? Go back and read it again and post a coherent rebuttal.

If you have no fixed abode in any part of the world and you have become a nuisance to the public, those controlling the place have a right to send you back to where you can be more useful; regardless of your status.

Maybe the militants should start sending Lagosians back to their states. By the way I am am not Ibo. I was born and raised in PH. If you like celebrate the signorance of Gov. Fashola but he is wrong here. Yourubas are also dependent in other states. Or are all Yorubas in Lagos alone?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by manny4life(m): 12:46am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Oh Boy, call it what you want! If you like call it execution, it doesn't change the name of this good policy.

Ahh, is that you have to offer? I thought it was good because he looked to international law and standards? Well call it good, as far I'm concerned, HE MISSED THE MARK.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by naptu2: 12:47am On Jul 30, 2013
The reason why nobody has been able to sue is simply because nobody has been deported.

People who violate environmental sanitation laws are given 4 options (previously they were given 3 options).

1) Go to a rehabilitation centre

2) Go to jail.

3) Repatriation/re-integration

4) Community service.

Basically, they make a choice.

Furthermore, it is not only non-lagosians that are given the choice of re-integration. If the arrested person is from Lagos, the ministry will search for the person's relatives and reunite him with his family.

The goal is to ensure that the person has no reason to commit the offence again.

Think about it, it would be a waste of resources to simply round up people and expel them, because they will simply get on the next bus to Lagos.

Note: the process is well documented.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

State of Origin is our term for dividing us. If we can live anywhere, why should we give a flying f because of state of origin.

Should we tell uncle Wole not to talk about Rivers issue because of state of origin? Should Yorubas stop being heads of Petroleum industries because of state of origin?

Let Gov. Fashola act like a democratic leader. How can you deport someone because either he was born in a different state or his parents were born in a different state?

My friends dad said something once that touched me. He said he was born in Lagos but started working in Port-Harcourt at a very young age. He is from Ogun state but has never been there. He knows nothing about Ogun State or his hometown. Now his kids were born and raised in Port-Harcourt. He still can't imagine that his son is looked at as an Ogun State person.

If we are deporting a boy like that, will Gov. Amaechi deport him to Ogun.

Have you not read where Uncle Wole was told to mind his business and desist from going to Rivers? Or you're pretending?
I did not invent State of Origin, it's official, it's nation wide policy. When you are taking common entrance examinations, we have it. When you are taking JAMB, we have it. When you are enrolling in the military we have it. When you aspire to rule the country, it's being invoked: it's our turn, you get it? But now, you suddenly realize it's dividing us! Kudos. At least, it's good you know there's state of origin.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2013
naptu2: The reason why nobody has been able to sue is simply because nobody has been deported.

People who violate environmental sanitation laws are given 4 options (previously they were given 3 options).

1) Go to a rehabilitation centre

2) Go to jail.

3) Repatriation/re-integration

4) Community service.

Basically, they make a choice.

Furthermore, it is not only non-lagosians that are given the choice of re-integration. If the arrested person is from Lagos, the ministry will search for the person's relatives and reunite him with his family.

The goal is to ensure that the person has no reason to commit the offence again.

Think about it, it would be a waste of resources to simply round up people and expel them, because they will simply get on the next bus to Lagos.

You are wasting your time on these people if you think they are not aware of this policy. Let them call it whatever they like.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:52am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Have you not read where Uncle Wole was told to mind his business and desist from going to Rivers? Or you're pretending?
I did not invent State of Origin, it's official, it's nation wide policy. When you are taking common entrance examinations, we have it. When you are taking JAMB, we have it. When you are enrolling in the military we have it. When you aspire to rule the country, it's being invoked: it's our turn, you get it? But now, you suddenly realize it's dividing us! Kudos. At least, it's good you know there's state of origin.

Those who told Uncle Wole to shut up are also ignorant. He is fighting for all and they use tribalization to hide and condone evil. Just as Stae of origin is used to marginalize people of benefits of states they are in or born.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Those who told Uncle Wole to shut up are also ignorant. He is fighting for all and they use tribalization to hide and condone evil. Just as Stae of origin is used to marginalize people of benefits of states they are in or born.

You have raised a good point, no doubt. But Fasola did not invent State of Origin. If you want state of origin to be removed from every policy in this country, make a representation to NASS and let them amend the military imposed constitution to reflect such changes.

But as long as that's what the law says, you have to obey it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:07am On Jul 30, 2013
bittyend:

If there are Yoruba oafs and riffraff out there causing nuisance with no fixed abode, send them back to their villages. They will be more useful there as farmers than causing public disorder everywhere.

Yorubas have everything they need to stand alone. I honestly don't know why they have refused to leave that God forsaken shytehole, for fuucc sake.

Why won't you abuse the Niger Delta people forgetting they have gone through pains for this nation to stand. The air pollution from gas flaring makes the brains and lungs of kids in those regions be like that of chronic smokers. They drink water polluted with dangerous chemicals and yet not even pipe water to drink or light for a bit of convenience.

While funds were diverted to Lagos and Abuja for larvish development. Then you spit on them and call their place a sh**hole.

If you like deport more people and forget they also served Lagos and the country.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2013
There is nothing we won't here in Nigeria. 5>27 in impeachment, Uncle Wole can't talk wbout Rivers State, First lady blocking Govenors road and now people being deported in their own country.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Why won't you abuse the Niger Delta people forgetting they hav gone through pain for this nation to stand. The air pollution from gas flaring makes the brains and lungs of kids in those regions be like that of chronic smokers. They drink water polluted with dangerous chemicals and yet not even pipe water to drink or light for a bit of convenience.

While funds were diverted to Lagos and Abuja for larvish development. Then you spit on them and call their place a sh**hole.

If you like deport more people and forget they also served Lagos and the country.

I had a good laugh. Who diverted the funds to Lagos? What was the response of Niger Delta people when the funds were diverted? The price of oil is being artificially kept high to allow some western oil majors to divest from countries like Nigeria. Oil price will soon crash.

Besides, the oil in Niger Delta is not there because of the sweat of people living there. It's like rain water.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 1:16am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Why won't you abuse the Niger Delta people forgetting they hav gone through pain for this nation to stand. The air pollution from gas flaring makes the brains and lungs of kids in those regions be like that of chronic smokers. They drink water polluted with dangerous chemicals and yet not even pipe water to drink or light for a bit of convenience.

Mr thegoodjoehunt, you need to stop hunting claptrap, and read my posts carefully before making up absurd assumptions. Where did I call Niger delta a shytehole? Is Niger Delta now an euphemism/pseudonym for Nigeria? I'm lost! angry

Who's the president and the oil minister? Are they not from Niger Delta? But why haven't they stopped the gas flaring? Your oil money made Switzerland, USA, UK, France etc. and your elites richer. It also built Abuja. Lagos built itself! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:16am On Jul 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

I had a good laugh. Who diverted the funds to Lagos? What was the response of Niger Delta people when the funds were diverted? The price of oil is being artificially kept high to allow some western oil majors to divest from countries like Nigeria. Oil price will soon crash.

Besides, the oil in Niger Delta is not there because of the sweat of people living there. It's like rain water.

You can laugh but the fact is Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for long and gained lots of devlopment from the Oil revenue. Same with Abuja. While the Niger Delta was left to perish. It is a fact. People at the creeks where petroleum production see hell.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:19am On Jul 30, 2013
bittyend:

Mr thegoodjoehunt, you need to stop hunting claptrap, and read my posts carefully before making up absurd assumptions. Where did I call Niger delta a shytehole? Is Niger Delta now an euphemism/pseudonym for Nigeria? I'm lost! angry

Who's the president and the oil minister? Are they not from Niger Delta? But why haven't they stopped the gas flaring? Your oil money made Switzerland, USA, UK, France etc. and your elites richer. It also built Abuja. Lagos built itself! undecided

Yorubas have everything they need to stand alone.I honestly don't know why they have refused to leave that God forsaken shytehole, for fuucc sake.

What did you mean by the above statement, so I don't misunderstand you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You can laugh but the fact is Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for long and gained lots of devlopment from the Oil revenue. Same with Abuja. While the Niger Delta was left to perish. It is a fact. People at the creeks where petroleum production see hell.

I don't care if they are left with nothing. Did the Yorubas make Lagos Nigeria capital? Did the Yorubas prevent capital from being moved to Abuja? Remember, Calabar was once a capital and in future, Enugu might be one. Lmao!
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by manny4life(m): 1:22am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

This is a simple fact they don't want to accept,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22am On Jul 30, 2013
bittyend:

You feel they can make Bayelsa or Rivers State capital of Nigeria? Their powers are limited. Lagos and Abuja took years of Billions of Dollars pumped into those states for years.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Yorubas have everything they need to stand alone.I honestly don't know why they have refused to leave that God forsaken shytehole, for fuucc sake.

What did you mean by the above statement, so I don't misunderstand you.

Read carefully:

I said: LEAVE that GOD FORSAKEN SHYTEHOLE.

What's the correlation between 'LEAVE' and 'GOD FORSAKEN SHYTEHOLE', and Niger Delta?

Care to explain?
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Don't condone what is wrong. There is nothing as their state of origin. Anyone can reside anywhere in Nigeria. Why should Lagos be different. Maybe the Niger Deltans should demand that every top position that can be occupied by qualified Niger Deltans should be given to them and all Yorubas should step down.

Please Gov. Fashola should stop this madness or he should reunite himself with his family.

Hilarious. Comparing destitutes with people with corporate jobs in private institutions. By the way, for as long as I can remember, many Niger-deltans have been demanding this but nothing has changed because its stupid.

You know, its amusing the uproar that greeted this action by the LASG by the Igbos while we didn't hear much when Abia sacked Imo workers in its employment. Same Igbos on nairaland that were gloating when destitute non-lagosian Yorubas and Hausas got "re-united" with their kith and kin... SMH
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by manny4life(m): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2013
For me, as much there's relevance to the issue at hand, arguing the obvious is height of it.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:24am On Jul 30, 2013
manny4life:

This is a simple fact they don't want to accept,

Then people from other States gets kicked out from the same state. It is a pity what is going on. Now Nigerians are facing Ghana must go from Lagos.
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by bittyend(m): 1:24am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You feel they can make Bayelsa or Rivers State capital of Nigeria? Their powers are limited. Lagos and Abuja took years of Billions of Dollars pumped into those states for years.

But Bayelsa and Rivers have taken billions of dollars since oil derivation, what have they done with it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 30, 2013
TouchDown:

Hilarious. Comparing destitutes with people with corporate jobs in private institutions. By the way, for as long as I can remember, many Niger-deltans have been demanding this but nothing has changed because its stupid.

You know, its amusing the uproar that greeted this action by the LASG by the Igbos while we didn't hear much when Abia sacked Imo workers in its employment. Same Igbos on nairaland that were gloating when destitute non-lagosian Yorubas and Hausas got "re-united" with their kith and kin... SMH

That's it. If it's a tribal issue, would Fasola also "deport" Yorubas in Lagos?
Re: Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families by tpia5: 1:26am On Jul 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What are you trying to say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria / Victoria Tayo Odumosu In Age Falsification Scandal (Photo) / Governor's Aides, Ebonyi Council Chairman, Lawmaker, Others Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.