Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police (16591 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: To prove motive in court, all you need do is show an event prior to the act that proves the offender had a reason to do what he did. That is all you need to do.[size=30pt] A jury for example [/size] does not need to go searching wikipedia like you to understand these rudiments. You are clueless. You guys are even helping to provide that motive with your claim that Chinda attacked him earlier. He has also helped to provide motive by claiming he was attacked and ended up in the hospital before he came back to the chamber to attack Chinda. That is why I found it funny when some of you kept claiming he was attacked first. what you didnt realise is that you were all providing a proof of motive

Too much movies grin

Pls can somebody tell this guy about our judicial proceedings cheesy grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Too much movies grin

I would, but whats the point... grin

This shiit is just now like comic relief.. grin I was slowly beginning to feel like a bully! grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ckkris: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

An object, like a mace, it capable of causing death and if used during a fight, except you can prove it was in self defense, you can be charged for attempted murder or murder.

But it wasn't even a fight. Mike was just begging to let put the matter to vote. Its on video.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I would, but whats the point... grin

This shiit is just now like comic relief.. grin I was slowly beginning to feel like a bully! grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Vengance is not 'intent to kill'... grin

hahahahahaaaaaa....

You just use terminologies ignorantly like a lawyer wannabe.

The key word in court is motive. Always remember that word because it could help you one day. Once you prove revenge as motive, then you are as good as done. I will put it in a layman's way for you.

Going by his own story, he was attacked first, he went for treatment, then left the hospital and headed back to the assembly. When he got there, he seize a mace, attacked several people who fled, then 3 men held down a man for him, he raised his mace up in the air and brought it down on the man. simple case for the judge.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Too much movies grin

The only reason I have been on this thread is just to educate you folks a little. I am a very busy guy. But sometimes it is important to educate fools like you on NL who think you can come here and post crap and deceive many of the kids here with your crap. I might not even engage on any thread again for a long time. But for this one, I just need to put you guys in your place. You guys are childish at best
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You just use terminologies ignorantly like a lawyer wannabe.

The key word in court is motive. Always remember that word because it could help you one day. Once you prove revenge as motive, then you are as good as done. I will put it in a layman's way for you.

Going by his own story, he was attacked first, he went for treatment, then left the hospital and headed back to the assembly. When he got there, he seize a mace, attacked several people who fled, then 3 men held down a man for him, he raised his mace up in the air and brought it down on the man. simple case for the judge.

A girl got slapped at a party. Shes angry! She plans to revenge. Her revenge is to slap her assailant in a crowded mall, which she does and for which the girl dies from the slap..

What charges would you bring against her?!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

The only reason I have been on this thread is just to educate you folks a little. I am a very busy guy. But sometimes it is important to educate fools like you on NL who think you can come here and post crap and deceive many of the kids here with your crap. I might not even engage on any thread again for a long time. But for this one, I just need to put you guys in your place. You guys are childish at best

Always throwing abuses here and there, typical Nigerian I must say wink

I am a worker too but free today hence my involvement in this matter wink

I want you to admit that the MURDER CHARGE against him will not work but the rest charges can be use against him, even resulting in sending him to prison but NOT MURDER OR CONSPIRACY TO MURDER

smiley
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

I want you to admit that the MURDER CHARGE against him will not work but the rest charges can be use against him, even resulting in sending him to prison but NOT MURDER OR CONSPIRACY TO MURDER

smiley

You stand a better chance of getting him to admit that he is an 'iidiot' than you are of getting him to bow to superior arguement..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

A girl got slapped at a party. Shes angry! She plans to revenge. Her revenge is to slap her assailant in a crowded mall, which she does and for which the girl dies from the slap..

What charges would you bring against her?!

Why do you repeat your ignorance continually? The girl cannot die from the slap!!! Haba, cant you read? They will have to conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death. The slap cannot be the cause of death. Didnt you see that from the article you posted? It shows, you didnt even read your own article. Further proof that you were just copying and pasting google searches. Haba, help your ignorance now! na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Why do you repeat your ignorance continually? The girl cannot die from the slap!!! Haba, cant you read? They will have to conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death. The slap cannot be the cause of death. Didnt you see that from the article you posted? It shows, you didnt even read your own article. Further proof that you were just copying and pasting google searches. Haba, help your ignorance now! na wa o!

Aboki rests!!

Returns to shining shoes..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by wirinet(m): 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy

Mr Octopus, we appreciate you taking time off you busy schedule to freely educate us on legal matters, but as a lawyer you should be first to acknowledge law is not black and white.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

smiley

Chinda is not dead. How can they put a charge of murder or conspiracy to murder on Llyod? Are you sure you are not from Ekiti and smoking those things too much?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
wirinet:

Mr Octopus, we appreciate you taking time off you busy schedule to freely educate us on legal matters, but as a lawyer you should be first to acknowledge law is not black and white.

Is he really a lawyer?!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chinda is not dead. How can they put a charge of murder or conspiracy to murder on Llyod? Are you sure you are not from Ekiti and smoking those things too much?

Did you even read the charges the NPF have against him?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ckkris: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

[Aboki rests!!

[Returns to shining shoes..

Or, better still, to the Oracles of Ogwugwu
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
ckkris:

Or, better still, to the Oracles of Ogwugwu

My guy, abeg no blow my cover.. grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Did you even read the charges the NPF have against him?

One thing I have noticed on NL is that folks dont read. Yet they try to argue like they know anything. Do you know the difference between Murder and attempted murder? You are too slow, honestly!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jmaine: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

My guy, abeg no blow my cover.. grin

Lolz . . . Who no sabi say na you cheesy
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
jmaine:

Lolz . . . Who no sabi say na you cheesy

Can you imagine that he didnt change his bolded font and red font signature but still think we dont know who is posting. This Okija guy na fufu, i swear!

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

One thing I have noticed on NL is that folks dont read. Yet they try to argue like they know anything. Do you know the difference between Murder and attempted murder? You are too slow, honestly!

Why do you always use abusive words anytime you want to argue your point?

is that your culture?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jmaine: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Can you imagine that he didnt change his bolded font and red font signature but still think we dont know who is posting. This Okija guy na fufu, i swear!

Abi ooo !!! And I dey guess who you be . . . . Pope Baba wink
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Why do you always use abusive words anytime you want to argue your point?

is that your culture?

Ok please, I am sorry. Dont be angry. Just dont sound the way you do. It is a bit irritating
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Ok please, I am sorry. Dont be angry. Just dont sound the way you do. It is a bit irritating

grin grin grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by wirinet(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy

Mr Octopus, we appreciate you taking time off you busy schedule to freely educate us on legal matters, but i feel you and other have allowed emotions generated by the graphic details of the violence on honorable chinda to becloud your judgement.

First i must confess i am not a lawyer, i just have affinity for law, so i respect the opinion of lawyers, but on this case i feel you are wrong.

First it would be difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt that honourable Lloyd had prior intent to murder honourable chinda. Your revenge argument does not prove intent to murder. It only proves intent to revenge assault. Revenge does not necessarily mean intent to murder without taking what the person is evening into consideration. Honorable chinda might have hit Lloyd with a camera stand and honourable Lloyd decides to revenge with a mace.

If you still insist on attempted murder, then i will ask, what prevented Lloyd from murdering Chinda? Who or what prevented Lloyd from macing Chinda to death? If chinda only maced chinda two or three times and left him voluntarily, then intent to murder is defeated.

Then why are you so fixated on Lloyd, what of the policeman and sss guy that also assaulted Chinda? Is it because they used their boots and fists instead of a mace that you deemed them not culpable in the attempted murder charge?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Willygr8t: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
In fact. It's quite unfortunate dat some NL members R really wallowing in ignorance. What is d difference b/w Attempted murder and Failed murder as being discussed. Even people whose thinking faculty has expired or their head is more than their brain will also fault Nigeria Police. You guys R not the judge or prosecutor, so why crying more than d bereaved. If U don't have anything reasonable to contribute in a post, then keep shut than insulting d police dat R performing their duty. Simply put, these are "BUSY BODY PERSONS" PLS BE WARNED.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Okijajuju1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Willygr8t: In fact. It's quite unfortunate dat some NL members R really wallowing in ignorance. What is d difference b/w Attempted murder and Failed murder as being discussed. Even people whose thinking faculty has expired or their head is more than their brain will also fault Nigeria Police. You guys R not the judge or prosecutor, so why crying more than d bereaved. If U don't have anything reasonable to contribute in a post, then keep shut than insulting d police dat R performing their duty. Simply put, these are "BUSY BODY PERSONS" PLS BE WARNED.

Huh
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by 0m0nnakoda: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
A bit surprising ,hmm.The police do not normally charge alleged criminals.I don't see this case as being different.

Normally this should be the DPP or attorney general or someone of that sort . Now the alleged offence here is ordinarily prosecuted by the state government and I wonder whether the state government has the polical will through its AG to prosecute this case.One would like to hear who is in charge of the prosecution. Despite the Federal interest in the case.The FG cannot prosecute cases of murder or attempted murder unless within the context of a Federal crime e.g. terrorism,insurrection,treason etc. Any alleged offences here are "STATE" offences and it is for the DPP to prosecute. I think the Police are jumping the gun here
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
Attempted murder is a good case, no one beats someone with a iron mess and expect him to survive, Chidi Lloyds motive was to murder the victim and there is video evidence to back that up. In the court of law, he has to prove that he was playing with the mess, he has to negotiate that it is assault and serve jail term or face trial forever while being recalled by his constituency..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
I am not a Lawyer but i just discussed this with a SAN relative of mine. He confirmed that the police can really make a case of an attempted murder stick. Picking up a mace and raining deadly blows on someone is quite premeditated.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
kingbang: I am not a Lawyer but i just discussed this with a SAN relative of mine. He confirmed that the police can really make a case of an attempted murder stick. Picking up a mace and raining deadly blows on someone is quite premeditated.

[b]Really?!

Premeditated?! When did he premeditate this?! Before he entered the hall empty handed or whilst he was chasing Bipi off of the 'speakers seat' just before he walked past the mace and only grabbed it as a weapon of chance?!

Please educate us how the mace was a premeditated weapon of attack, using the definition of premeditated to be;

pre·med·i·tat·ed (pr-md-ttd)
adj.
Characterized by deliberate purpose, previous consideration, and some degree of planning: a premeditated crime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

[b]Really?!

Premeditated?! When did he premeditate this?! Before he entered the hall empty handed or whilst he was chasing Bipi off of the 'speakers seat' just before he walked past the mace and only grabbed it as a weapon of chance?!

Please educate us how the mace was a premeditated weapon of attack, using the definition of premeditated to be;

pre·med·i·tat·ed (pr-md-ttd)
adj.
Characterized by deliberate purpose, previous consideration, and some degree of planning: a premeditated crime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you high? Are you just a charge and bail lawyer? He looked around, saw the mace, walked towards it and picked it up, then started smashing the dude's head with it. That's PREMEDITATED! gosh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Submits Confab Report To Senate / Electoral Act: Buhari Won’t Force Amaechi, Ngige, Others To Resign / Atedo Peterside Joins Social Democratic Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.