Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police (16592 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
kingbang:

1.If you happen to kill someone with punches during a fight, it can be called "manslaughter".
2.Whether he hit him on the chest changes nothing as long as the prosecutors can prove that grave harm was done intentionally which could have led to death.
3.Am neither the jury nor the judge here but from that video, the prosecutors can easily make that charge stick.

Thank you

Now know this sir;

If I walk into a room with the intention of killing you and punch you in the head till you drop dead, I will be charged with premeditated murder not manslaughter.. #ASK ANY LAWYER!

Reason being that I already had intent to kill and proceeded to act on that intent..

If we are fighting and in the middle of the fight we push down a desk and in the process of our fight, i pick up a stick, smash you across your head and you die.. Its manslaughter... Not murder. Reason: Because I couldnt have planned to kill you in the middle of a fight..

LAW 101... grin

Go find out the difference between Manslaughter and Murder. The difference is simply 'Intent'.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jodeci(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
I have never enjoyed any argument like this on NL.I have followed you two until now,just wish we have a judge or jury in-between.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
kingbang: I think most folks are getting this premeditation thing wrong. Premeditation can happen in seconds, you don't have to sit down and take hours to think it through. As long as it is done voluntarily and intentionally, it sticks. You can decide to kill someone in seconds. Hope this clears it up! Am out!!!

You just failed it!!

Premeditation is not a matter of seconds.. Can one meditate in a second?! grin

You are mixing up everything you know and forming one big salad of ideas.. grin

Planning = Premeditation

One sec decision = Spur of the moment.

An enraged man cannot have clear and rational thought.. He just goes with the flow of his rage.. #FACT!

Ever wondered why the jury found it hard to find Zimmerman guilty?!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Now know this sir;

If I walk into a room with the intention of killing you and punch you in the head till you drop dead, I will be charged with premeditated murder not manslaughter.. #ASK ANY LAWYER!

Reason being that I already had intent to kill and proceeded to act on that intent..

If we are fighting and in the middle of the fight we push down a desk and in the process of our fight, i pick up a stick, smash you across your head and you die.. Its manslaughter... Not murder. Reason: Because I couldnt have planned to kill you in the middle of a fight..

LAW 101... grin

Go find out the difference between Manslaughter and Murder. The difference is simply 'Intent'.

its obvious you know nothing about law sir. If you mistakenly kill someone with blows "in a fight" like i stated earlier, it can pass as man slaughter but as long as it was done intentionally, its murder. Like in the case of Lloyd, he needs a good defense team to beat this as long as that video is admissible as an evidence.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

You just failed it!!

Planning = Premeditation

An enraged man cannot have clear and rational thought.. He just goes with the flow of his rage.. #FACT!

Who gives a fuvk about your rage? FYI, you can premeditate murder in seconds. Please stop being ignorant sir! Am done with you sir! In your spare time, find a renowned lawyer to explain it to you. Just don't come here and embarrass yourself.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by alexchiny: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

You just failed it!!

Planning = Premeditation

Kai,What english can do to people. Forget the "meditate" in the name, you can actually premeditate to murder in seconds. what matters is the intent and not how long it took to think it out. Just accept you ignorance and move on. Stop arguing childishly.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
NNA eh
Bia, Okija come enroll me in this University of the gods make I study law na grin grin grin

Leave these noise makers jare, the list is endless Aluu 4, Zimmerman, Chidi the MAcer grin grin
I hate law angry angry if you got issues to settle mehn its the Lloyds way or nuffin else
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
There is a reason Hon. chinda never defended himself nor fought back against Hon. Chidi Lloyd's brutality.

Is Hon. Chinda's condition not life threatening?

This one no be two fighting ooh....

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ckkris: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Rage automatically nullifies premeditation..

Lloyd started his actions after Governor Amechi arrived with well-armed Security Operatives that helped him subdue his victims. Not rage at all, but premeditated and on cue.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by nutarious(f): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
After cross section of the two argument, and studying it from scratch I have come to some reasonable conclusion.
1-you cannot murder in rage
2-you can be charge for manslaughter in rage
3- a murder has to be plannned and proven so to call it a murder
4-a manslaughter needs noo planning, any crime that relates to death Ω̴̩̩̩̥δt planned before or prior to is manslaughter
5-a jury will Ω̴̩̩̩̥δt judge in due to emotion or video wiithout considering this reasons
6-lastly, anybody can witness Rage, as. A result of anything. Your actions as a result of rage will be. Use against you
7- a murderer don't have. Rage, its well planned or on mission..NB-not all murder are assult, you can murder by poison, sniping, acid etc witout a one on one asssault
8-you have to know the meaning of murder and manslaughter to be sure of what they are saying here. I mistakenly kill SM1 wt my car, manslaughter. Imurder has to be well planned.
If you are a matured person ƔhU̶̲̥̅̊?
Don't abuse, its good to argue. Please we are all mature people. Even @ the court it will be argued. ONLY D JURY HAS D ANSWER. Thank You
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by gregg2: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: There is nothing like legislative immunity for Nigerian legislators. The only protection for legislators is protection from libel for things they say in their discussions within the chamber. Only Nigerian presidents and governors have immunity. Most of you ACN supporters here on NL are not only childish, but you are very stup1d too. And there is no way a court will throw a case out in the first day of sitting. The first day will actually be spent soliciting for things like bail for the defendant.

All of you ACN kids on NL make PDP look so good. Your attitude, tribalism and hypocrisy will actually help to deliver 2015 to PDP. If this is what ACN has sent you guys out to do, then they are very stup1d too.

I feel you bros
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Inoknowbook: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Reasobns why a case for attempted murder cannot stick;

1. For murder to be the case, two components must be present;

- The Mens Rea: In criminal law, it is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".

- The Actus Rea: Sometimes called the external element or the objective element of a crime, is the Latin term for the "guilty act" which, when proved beyond a reasonable doubt in combination with the mens rea, "guilty mind", produces criminal liability in the common law-based criminal law jurisdictions

Now we can say we have the latter, but proving the former would be extremely tough. All you keep shouting is 'The video'. Well.. How can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that 'Chidi lloyd conspired to kill Ihunwo with a mace'?!

Remember:

The mace was a weapon of chance. Chidi came into that hall empty handed and only grabbed that mace because it was the nearest weapon he could find. If it were not there, he would either have attacked them with his fist or with a computer or a camera stand or any other weapon of chance he could spot. This in itself removes the 'Mens Rea' which is necessary for murder to occur.. Even if Ihunwo had died from the Mace blows, the highest Chidi can be charged with would have been 'Manslaughter'.

This is the law not 'emotions'.. [/b]

My dear lawyer, where is it stated in the criminal law that one must possess guilty mind several hours before the actual commission of the crime? Don't you think that Chidi Llyod could have developed guilty mind right there in the house. He may have concluded on seeing the victim at the house to do away with him so that he won't constitute further problems to his faction, even though he never thought of killing anybody prior to going to the house. Had it been there was no video, I would have agreed with you that it would be hard to prove scienter. But unfortunately for Chidi, the whole incident was recorded on the video. The video will make it relatively easy for the prosecution to prove attempted murder. Now ask yourself this question, if he did not intend to kill the victim, why did he use a weapon as big and as dangerous as the mace while others were just beating him with their bare hands? Had he never intended killing him, he would not have gone to take the mace, and not just that, he would not have subjected the victim to several blows after seeing that he did not die. The video will show that Chidi, on sighting the victim, decided there and then to eliminate him. To achieve this evil intent, he took a heavy instrument that he knew would enable him to achieve his purpose, to wit, the mace, and landed several blows on the victim. The need for several blows was necessitated by the fact that the victim did not die after the first blow. The video is also going to show, those suspects that never intended to kill the victim, to wit, those that were beating him with their bare hands.

With the video, the attempted murder charge is for the police to lose. Proving scienter has never been so easy. It's not every day you see the actual commission of a crime so vividly recorded. Chidi Lylod's intent to kill will be staring at the judge korokoro via the video.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
I no know book:

My dear lawyer, where is it stated in the criminal law that one must possess guilty mind several hours before the actual commission of the crime? Don't you think that Chidi Llyod could have developed guilty mind right there in the house. He may have concluded on seeing the victim at the house to do away with him so that he won't constitute further problems to his faction, even though he never thought of killing anybody prior to going to the house. Had it been there was no video, I would have agreed with you that it would be hard to scienter. But unfortunately for Chidi, the whole incident was recorded on the video. The video will make it relatively easy for the prosecution to prove attempted murder. Now ask yourself this question, if he did not intend to kill the victim, why did he use a weapon as big and as dangerous as the mace while others were just beating him with their bare hands? Had he never intended killing him, he would not have gone to take the mace, and not just that, he would not have subjected the victim to several blows after seeing that he had refused to die. The video will show that Chidi, on sighting the victim, decided there and then to eliminate him. To achieve this evil intent, he took a heavy instrument that he knew would enable him to achieve his purpose, to wit, the mace, and and landed several blows on the victim. The need for several blows was necessitated by the fact that the victim refused to die after the first blow. The video is also going to show, those suspects that never intended to kill the victim, to wit, those that were beating him with their bare hands.

With the video, the attempted murder charge is for the police to lose. Proving scienter has never been so easy. It's not every day you see the actual commission of a crime so vividly recorded. Chidi Lylod's intent to kill will be staring at the judge korokoro via the video.

You just said it all. Lloyd is in deep ish!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by dovet: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
A lot has been said about this matter and most of it from sentimental points of view. A careful look at the video of Chidi Lloyd will CLEARLY tell that he initially was running away. No one has bothered to ask why Chidi Llyod was RUNNING AWAY FROM MR CHINDA- the person he supposedly conspired to murder. Everyone condemns Mr Lloyd for what he has done but some of us would REACT more brutally if provoked REPEATEDLY. Was Mr Chinda sitting down and minding his business when he was attacked? You don't turn your back on an enemy, you only turn your back in an attempt to flee and avoid attack. but we are a people of sentiment, we judge by how we feel.Can someone please find out from Mr chinda why he was chasing Mr Llyod? the police have carefully left him out of this matter because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. By the way how many innocent Nigerians die at the hands of the police without the least form of provocation?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kingbang: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
dovet: A lot has been said about this matter and most of it from sentimental points of view. A careful look at the video of Chidi Lloyd will CLEARLY tell that he initially was running away. No one has bothered to ask why Chidi Llyod was RUNNING AWAY FROM MR CHINDA- the person he supposedly conspired to murder. Everyone condemns Mr Lloyd for what he has done but some of us would REACT more brutally if provoked REPEATEDLY. Was Mr Chinda sitting down and minding his business when he was attacked? You don't turn your back on an enemy, you only turn your back in an attempt to flee and avoid attack. but we are a people of sentiment, we judge by how we feel.Can someone please find out from Mr chinda why he was chasing Mr Llyod? the police have carefully left him out of this matter because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Unfortunately and embarrassingly, you are the one being sentimental here.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Okijajuju1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
The gods are wise.. cheesy

Brother Chris! Your guy stand fit! No shaking! Na street lawyer I be o! Two fighting na ehn I sabi judge.. grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jmaine: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
Okija_juju: The gods are wise.. cheesy

Brother Chris! Your guy stand fit! No shaking! Na street lawyer I be o! Two fighting na ehn I sabi judge.. grin

angry
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy
hahahaha you're very funny o! The intention to kill is the most essential ingredient in both attempted murder and murder case. It's not sufficient to prove that he intended to commit the offence;or the actus reus(the guilty act)like we can see in Chidi Llyod's video pounding chinda is not sufficient to hang the spectre of criminal liability around his neck. The police cannot prove he intended to kill because the burden of proof that he had the intention (mens rea)guilty mind to kill will be an herculean task.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Bros I be street Lawyer o!!

Learnt from my aunties, my mum, John Grisham, and now my mother in-la and my wife are both lawyers.. grin

I am an engineer.. But my alter ego is a 'wanna-be lawyer'.. grin
That's great! I know full well you're a lawyer. Stop hiding your light under the bushel. I read quite a lot of John Grisham's books ranging from The Associate, Pelican brief,The court e.t.c.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by AyeeIdris(f): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

A girl got slapped at a party. Shes angry! She plans to revenge. Her revenge is to slap her assailant in a crowded mall, which she does and for which the girl dies from the slap..

What charges would you bring against her?!
I don tire to dey read all these wanna-be lawyers(your words dear) saying matters that they really don't know much about. Ever heard of the "Egg Shell princple" Applicable here and in many countries. Meaning if you slap someone and the person has some special peculiar condition that causes them to die from the slap, it is still murder. And Men reas is not only just intent to kill. If you have intent to cause grevious bodily harm and the person dies from that, that's still murder. The locus classicus case that I can't recall right now (it don reach 10 years since I learn am for criminal law). The guy was fighting with his brother and hit him once with the blunt end of his cutlass. The brother died immediately. Obviously he didn't intend to kill him, since he used the blunt end, but he intended to injure him and it was still murder. Manslaughter is more accidental, like vehicular manslaughter, provocation or causes where murder can't be proved.

In the words of Damien Sandow, you are welcome.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by otodeluxe(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na lie oo! D man is doing serious frog jump. He deserves it sha
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by RtFNJ: 12:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Its only foolish pple dat will come out n declare Amaechi a winner.. U guys should wait and see..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 31, 2013
dovet: A lot has been said about this matter and most of it from sentimental points of view. A careful look at the video of Chidi Lloyd will CLEARLY tell that he initially was running away. No one has bothered to ask why Chidi Llyod was RUNNING AWAY FROM MR CHINDA- the person he supposedly conspired to murder. Everyone condemns Mr Lloyd for what he has done but some of us would REACT more brutally if provoked REPEATEDLY. Was Mr Chinda sitting down and minding his business when he was attacked? You don't turn your back on an enemy, you only turn your back in an attempt to flee and avoid attack. but we are a people of sentiment, we judge by how we feel.Can someone please find out from Mr chinda why he was chasing Mr Llyod? the police have carefully left him out of this matter because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. By the way how many innocent Nigerians die at the hands of the police without the least form of provocation?

Does that mace-ing scene have a second part? Guess we saw a different video from the one you watched. Thank God una no fit edit video wey don dey public domain, you for tell us say Chidi Lloyd was killed and he later resurrected smiley
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2013
On a lighter note, i read your post with sick feeling of suspense from the outset;especially the first gambit of your post though you were making sense not until you got to the middle and the end, you're just kind of missing it out. Let me test your Legal knowledge:Assuming Mr. A is an hunter who goes on a hunting expedition whenever he desires to do so. One night he went to hunt for antelopes and on his way home he saw a big bird on top of a tree quite some distance from where he was and shot at it thinking it was a bird. As hard luck would have it on him, it was a human being which he only got to know after he killed the supposed bird from the groanings. What offence would you charge him with?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2013
Ayee Idris:
I don tire to dey read all these wanna-be lawyers(your words dear) saying matters that they really don't know much about. Ever heard of the "Egg Shell princple" Applicable here and in many countries. Meaning if you slap someone and the person has some special peculiar condition that causes them to die from the slap, it is still murder. And Men reas is not only just intent to kill. If you have intent to cause grevious bodily harm and the person dies from that, that's still murder. The locus classicus case that I can't recall right now (it don reach 10 years since I learn am for criminal law). The guy was fighting with his brother and hit him once with the blunt end of his cutlass. The brother died immediately. Obviously he didn't intend to kill him, since he used the blunt end, but he intended to injure him and it was still murder. Manslaughter is more accidental, like vehicular manslaughter, provocation or causes where murder can't be proved.

In the words of Damien Sandow, you are welcome.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2013
kolado: On a lighter note, i read your post with sick feeling of suspense from the outset;especially the first gambit of your post though you were making sense not until you got to the middle and the end, you're just kind of missing it out. Let me test your Legal knowledge:Assuming Mr. A is an hunter who goes on a hunting expedition whenever he desires to do so. One night he went to hunt for antelopes and on his way home he saw a big bird on top of a tree quite some distance from where he was and shot at it thinking it was a bird. As hard luck would have it on him, it was a human being which he only got to know after he killed the supposed bird from the groanings. What offence would you charge him with?

Negligent homicide/Negligent Manslaughter..

I guess
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Negligent homicide/Negligent Manslaughter..

I guess
Yea, you got it. Murder wasn't premedidated. As such we can now analyse chidi Llyod's case from legal point of view. Was death premedidated? No! Did he ever have the intent to kill when he grabbed the mace? Somehow hard to say yes albeit grabbed it in the heat of passion should water down the intention to kill many people presumed he had. Like You earlier said if he had brought it from outside to smash chinda we could have said Yes. If chinda had died Chidi would have been guilty of Negligent manslaughter. He didn't die so chidi will be guilty of Assault since the latter neither had the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm which he would have been guilty of attempted murder if he had brought the mace or any lethal weapon from outside to assault chinda. Some people don't knw how the law works. Bro,you're intelligent!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by badesco(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
That Chidi Lyold should be sent to long term in prison.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jodeci(m): 11:32am On Aug 01, 2013
he Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court has sentenced a self-confessed drug-addict, Ibrahim Yahaya, to three years imprisonment for attempted murder.

The convict, who was arraigned on two counts of unruly conduct and attempted murder, was said to have caused body injury to one Suraju Yakubu, by beating and stabbing him with a broken bottle.

The offence was said to have been committed at Okobaba area of Ebute Meta on July 26, 2013 around 11.45pm.

The victim was however rushed to the hospital, just as the police arrested the suspect shortly after.

The charge read, “That you, Ibrahim Yahaya, on July 26, 2013, at about 23.45 hours, at 28 Okobaba Street, Ebute-Metta, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conduct yourself in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace, by causing fear to the public and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 56 (1) (1) (a) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

“That you Ibrahim Yahaya, on the same date, place, and time at the aforesaid magisterial district, did beat and stab one Suraju Yakubu with a broken bottle, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 171 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos state of Nigeria, 2011.”

The convict pleaded guilty to the charges and urged the court to forgive him.

In her ruling, the magistrate, Miss S. O. Solebo, convicted the accused of the two charges, and thereafter sentenced him to three years imprisonment without the option of fine.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-jailed-three-years-for-attempted-murder/
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by wirinet(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
jodeci: he Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court has sentenced a self-confessed drug-addict, Ibrahim Yahaya, to three years imprisonment for attempted murder.

The convict, who was arraigned on two counts of unruly conduct and attempted murder, was said to have caused body injury to one Suraju Yakubu, by beating and stabbing him with a broken bottle.

The offence was said to have been committed at Okobaba area of Ebute Meta on July 26, 2013 around 11.45pm.

The victim was however rushed to the hospital, just as the police arrested the suspect shortly after.

The charge read, “That you, Ibrahim Yahaya, on July 26, 2013, at about 23.45 hours, at 28 Okobaba Street, Ebute-Metta, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conduct yourself in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace, by causing fear to the public and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 56 (1) (1) (a) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

“That you Ibrahim Yahaya, on the same date, place, and time at the aforesaid magisterial district, did beat and stab one Suraju Yakubu with a broken bottle, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 171 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos state of Nigeria, 2011.”

The convict pleaded guilty to the charges and urged the court to forgive him.

In her ruling, the magistrate, Miss S. O. Solebo, convicted the accused of the two charges, and thereafter sentenced him to three years imprisonment without the option of fine.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-jailed-three-years-for-attempted-murder/

Please can explain how the case you quoted above relate to the Chidi Lloyd case? First the guy pleaded guilty to all charges read against him, meaning he did not even present a defense, probably because he could not afford a SAN and was given a charge and bail lawyer. Then we do not have any details of the case. What caused the fight, how did he come about the weapon, what is the motive of the attempted murder, etc. In chidi Llyod case evidence will be presented as to the cause of the fight, how the weapon was gotten. And most importantly Chidi will have very experienced lawyers in his team, so no chance of him pleading guilty to any charge the police comes up with.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
wirinet:

Please can explain how the case you quoted above relate to the Chidi Lloyd case? First the guy pleaded guilty to all charges read against him, meaning he did not even present a defense, probably because he could not afford a SAN and was given a charge and bail lawyer. Then we do not have any details of the case. What caused the fight, how did he come about the weapon, what is the motive of the attempted murder, etc. In chidi Llyod case evidence will be presented as to the cause of the fight, how the weapon was gotten. And most importantly Chidi will have very experienced lawyers in his team, so no chance of him pleading guilty to any charge the police comes up with.

Thanks...

Brilliant response. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fubara To Get Ambode Treatment, Wike Determined To Remove Him – Primate Ayodele / Gunmen Attack: Resort To Violence Cannot Save You- PDP Tells Yahaya Bello / Abuja Court Reinstates Pondei-led NDDC Interim Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.