Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police (16590 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki: Hahahahahaaaa...

ATTEMPTED MURDER!!! Who the fvck is the Police Lawyer?! How can you charge him with attempted murder?! Are they intentionally trying not to win the case?! You cant charge hin with attempted murder, because you cant prove that he was trying to kill him..

Conspiracy?! Like seriously?! When did he conspire?! My god! The Nigerian police force are really good for nothing more than to train Nama.

This just goes to show you how stupid the Nigerian Police truly are.. Even I sitting here could have easily told them that the 'attempted murder' charge can never stick. Neither the conspiracy charge. Rather charge him with 'Assault with a 'potentially' deadly weapon' or 'Maliciuos assault'.. Thats all they can do. And this is not a crime but a misdemeanor. grin

AMAECHI WINS!!! AGAIN!!

The problem with NL is that you have very ignorant people like you making comments like they know what they are talking about. That video will deliver a case of premeditated attempted murder anywhere in the world. It is such an easy case for the police. The part where they held the man down and Chidi Llyod raised his mace and brought it down will deliver a case of premeditated attempted murder against everyone in that scene. Your ignorant comments on NL cannot change that.

On another note, it is very shameful that you are trying to defend such an act. Your political inclination should never make you defend such an act. When you do that, you negate every right you have to call for equity and justice for any other event or person. Defending evil just because it soothes your political leaning is the bane of a failed society.

7 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by calddon(m): 9:55am On Jul 30, 2013
i just luv his name chidi loyd.
bdw who did he attempt to muder?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by vislabraye(m): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2013
Chidi Lloyd is not a monopoly of violence. If he's set free, how sure are U dat somEone else won't come with a machete and hack him ?
Rivers state people are very vindictive. U can't do something like dat to dem and not expect a reprisal attack. CL should be punished for his actions.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: There is nothing like legislative immunity for Nigerian legislators. The only protection for legislators is protection from libel for things they say in their discussions within the chamber. Only Nigerian presidents and governors have immunity. Most of you ACN supporters here on NL are not only childish, but you are very stup1d too. And there is no way a court will throw a case out in the first day of sitting. The first day will actually be spent soliciting for things like bail for the defendant.

All of you ACN kids on NL make PDP look so good. Your attitude, tribalism and hypocrisy will actually help to deliver 2015 to PDP. If this is what ACN has sent you guys out to do, then they are very stup1d too.

The ACN Children on Nairaland are even more matured than you are cheesy

Calling them fools and stupid makes them looks good grin

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2013

ATTEMPTED MURDER!!! Who the fvck is the Police Lawyer?! How can you charge him with attempted murder?! Are they intentionally trying not to win the case?! You cant charge hin with attempted murder, because you cant prove that he was trying to kill him..

Conspiracy?! Like seriously?! When did he conspire?! My god! The Nigerian police force are really good for nothing more than to train Nama.

This just goes to show you how stupid the Nigerian Police truly are.. Even I sitting here could have easily told them that the 'attempted murder' charge can never stick. Neither the conspiracy charge. Rather charge him with 'Assault with a 'potentially' deadly weapon' or 'Maliciuos assault'.. Thats all they can do. And this is not a crime but a misdemeanor. grin

AMAECHI WINS!!! AGAIN!!

that is why they always loose their cases in court undecided
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

The problem with NL is that you have very ignorant people like you making comments like they know what they are talking about. That video will deliver a case of premeditated attempted murder anywhere in the world. It is such an easy case for the police. The part where they held the man down and Chidi Llyod raised his mace and brought it down will deliver a case of premeditated attempted murder against everyone in that scene. Your ignorant comments on NL cannot change that.

On another note, it is very shameful that you are trying to defend such an act. Your political inclination should never make you defend such an act. When you do that, you negate every right you have to call for equity and justice for any other event or person. Defending evil just because it soothes your political leaning is the bane of a failed society.

Hahahahaaaa..

Another dumb fvck who thinks calling others ignorant makes his point more intelligible than others..

First of all, let me test your intelligence and ask you a simple basic LAW 101 question; What are the factors that must be present for somebody to be charged with murder (attempted murder).

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

The ACN Children on Nairaland are even more matured than you are cheesy

Calling them fools and stupid makes them looks good grin

You can rant and throw your insults all you want, it makes no difference to me. I will say it as it is. It is very childish of you guys. You lots forget one thing. There are many people on NL who dont comment. They just read the comments and laugh at what some of you say. It is very childish. Defending a man who the whole world saw on camera hitting a fellow legislator with the mace is very childish. If you think you can convince anyone otherwise with your crap posts, then I feel sorry for you. Only fellow kids like you will take you serious. The thread on age groups on NL revealed a lot. I saw the age range of some people who posts here and I just realised why they post the crap they do.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ocelot2006(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2013
otokx: Amaechi wins yet again - Port Harcourt first son.

Care to explain how Amaechi won this one, when one of his staunchiest supporters, Chidi Lloyd, just got arrested?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2013
ocelot2006:

Care to explain how Amaechi won this one, when one of his staunchiest supporters, Chidi Lloyd, just got arrested?

Looking at the charges brought against Chidi lloyd, its very obvious that Amaechi is about to win. That is assuming that the law is allowed to take its course without interferance or favor..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jemoke: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2013
the immunity is removed and covered with shame.i dey laugh in yoruba haaaaaaha
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Hahahahaaaa..

Another dumb fvck who thinks calling others ignorant makes his point more intelligible than others..

First of all, let me test your intelligence and ask you a simple basic LAW 101 question; What are the factors that must be present for somebody to be charged with murder (attempted murder).

Let me give you the benefit of doubt and engage you. The most important factors in attempted murder are
1. Motive and
2. That the action is capable of causing death.

That video delivers that on a platter of Gold.

Just to add that attempted murder is not the only charge that will be on the charge sheet.

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Use your head and not your whatever? Read again what he said wink

if you charge CL with murder and conspiracy to murder you will loose the case I can bet you on that cool

That video isnt enough to prove a murder case my guy.

Have you followed a court proceeding before?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Use your head and not your whatever? Read again what he said wink

if you charge CL with murder and conspiracy to murder you will loose the case I can bet you on that cool

That video isnt enough to prove a murder case my guy.

Have followed a court proceeding before?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can almost bet my car that you like Okija, are less than 27 years and you are here claiming that you know anything about the law. laughable
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ocelot2006(m): 10:12am On Jul 30, 2013

AMAECHI WINS!!! AGAIN!!

We all saw the video were Lloyd was busy bludgeoning the head of his fellow lawmaker, not once, not twice. Ever heard of the phrase "blunt force trauma"? Or were you expecting the victim to die on the spot before Lloyd is charged with ATTEpTED murder?

Btw, how did Amaechi win this one, when one of his staunchiest supporters in the state, Lloyd, is in police custody and facing jail time
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jadakiss213(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

We have been with nairaland since 2008 bro and have seen people in this useless country do worst and walk free undecided

In another 4 week or more the whole country will forget about it and look for another story to masturbate on wink

Is the girl child noise not over now?

Can you still remember the Aluu 4? sad

Nigerians, we are the problem of ourselves wink
yea..true that..I silently pray and hope this doesn't go same way..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ocelot2006(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Looking at the charges brought against Chidi lloyd, its very obvious that Amaechi is about to win. That is assuming that the law is allowed to take its course without interferance or favor..

How's he going to win there's a video in circulation that captures Lloyd red-handed in the act? Care to explain?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Let me give you the benefit of doubt and engage you. The most important factors in attempted murder are
1. Motive and
2. That the action is capable of causing death.

That video delivers that on a platter of Gold.

Just to add that attempted murder is not the only charge that will be on the charge sheet.

was there any motive prior to that event that CL have to kill him?

Even if the monster CL must be jailed the police should not organize his escape route wink
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2013
ocelot2006:

We all saw the video were Lloyd was busy bludgeoning the head of his fellow lawmaker, not once, not twice. Ever heard of the phrase "blunt force trauma"? Or were you expecting the victim to die on the spot before Lloyd is charged with ATTEpTED murder?

Btw, how did Amaechi win this one, when one of his staunchiest supporters in the state, Lloyd, is in police custody and facing jail time

I wanted to mention that before but I just dont have all the inspiration to engage these guys because they sound too childish. A man does not die in attempted murder. If he actually dies, it becomes manslaughter or premedidated murder charge, not attempted murder.

4 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

was there any motive prior to that event that CL have to kill him?

Even if the monster CL must be jailed the police should not organize his escape route wink

I said before that you are less than 27 years and you just proved me right. I am sure you are in the 18-25 bracket. Do you even know the meaning of motive? Is motive an event or a reason? You dull my inspiration to discuss with you with your unintelligent posts
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2013
ocelot2006:

How's he going to win there's a video in circulation that captures Lloyd red-handed in the act? Care to explain?

If you charge me with a theft of say N30,000 and the judgement will be base on that premise wink

but if the judge now discover that it was not N30,000 but N2,000 that I stole; bro you have lost that case I tell smiley

Justice is blind, it is what you can prove in court that will make the case.

For a murder case to be proven in court beyond reasonable doubt, the evidence that he did it is not enough but what and how it lead to it( motive behind it )

Our Nigerian Police are always loosing cases in court I tell you due to their inability to charge the defendant with the appropriate charges tongue

Chidi Llyord is a thug so are the rest of RSHA members wink
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

If you charge me with a theft of say N30,000 and the judgement will be base on that premise wink

but if the judge now discover that it was not N30,000 but N2,000 that I stole; bro you have lost that case I tell smiley

Justice is blind, it is what you can prove in court that will make the case.

Again, you expose your ignorance. Have you ever heard the term multiple count charge? Do you even know you can be acquitted of some charges and found guilty of others and punished accordingly? dont argue stuff like you know what you are saying when you obviously dont. If you are a law student, you should go back and read your books again. You cant graduate with this kind of knowledge except by blocking. cheesy
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Again, you expose your ignorance. Have you ever heard the term multiple count charge? Do you even know you can be acquitted of some charges and found guilty of others and punished accordingly? dont argue stuff like you know what you are saying when you obviously dont. If you are a law student, you should go back and read your books again. You cant graduate with this kind of knowledge except by blocking. cheesy

Oh yes! he can be guilty of the others, base on that you are right but not ATTEMPTED MURDER OR CONSPIRACY TO MURDER wink

He can be charged for assault or beating his colleague with dangerous weapon( as in the mase )
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2013
jude33084:

Oh yes! he can be guilty of the others, base on that you are right but not ATTEMPTED MURDER OR CONSPIRACY TO MURDER wink

I am right in everything I posted including your age bracket. Stop making a fool of yourself joor. It isnt funny.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

I am right in everything I posted including your age bracket. Stop making a fool of yourself joor. It isnt funny.

If you talk about age I sincerely believe that I am older than you but that is not the issue here, we are discussing about the charges the NPF are having on the thug called CL smiley
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2013
[b]Reasobns why a case for attempted murder cannot stick;

1. For murder to be the case, two components must be present;

- The Mens Rea: In criminal law, it is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".

- The Actus Rea: Sometimes called the external element or the objective element of a crime, is the Latin term for the "guilty act" which, when proved beyond a reasonable doubt in combination with the mens rea, "guilty mind", produces criminal liability in the common law-based criminal law jurisdictions

Now we can say we have the latter, but proving the former would be extremely tough. All you keep shouting is 'The video'. Well.. How can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that 'Chidi lloyd conspired to kill Ihunwo with a mace'?!

Remember:

The mace was a weapon of chance. Chidi came into that hall empty handed and only grabbed that mace because it was the nearest weapon he could find. If it were not there, he would either have attacked them with his fist or with a computer or a camera stand or any other weapon of chance he could spot. This in itself removes the 'Mens Rea' which is necessary for murder to occur.. Even if Ihunwo had died from the Mace blows, the highest Chidi can be charged with would have been 'Manslaughter'.

This is the law not 'emotions'.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Reasobns why a case for attempted murder cannot stick;

- The Mens Rea: In criminal law, it is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".

- The Actus Rea: Sometimes called the external element or the objective element of a crime, is the Latin term for the "guilty act" which, when proved beyond a reasonable doubt in combination with the mens rea, "guilty mind", produces criminal liability in the common law-based criminal law jurisdictions

Now we can say we have the latter, but proving the former would be extremely tough. All you keep shouting is 'The video'. Well.. How can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that 'Chidi lloyd conspired to kill Ihunwo with a mace'?!

Remember:

The mace was a weapon of chance. Chidi came into that hall empty handed and only grabbed that mace because it was the nearest weapon he could find. If it were not there, he would either have attacked them with his fist or with a computer or a camera stand or any other weapon of chance he could spot. This in itself removes the 'Mens Rea' which is necessary for murder to occur.. Even if Ihunwo had died from the Mace blows, the highest Chidi can be charged with would have been 'Manslaughter'.

Thank you for that my fellow learned Nairalander wink

Alot of them in here shouting murder charges have not even visited a court room before or take their time to read a court case file but make loud noise on NL eg is theoctopus
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

I can almost bet my car that you like Okija, are less than 27 years and you are here claiming that you know anything about the law. laughable

Dude!!

If you are indeed older than 27, then I suggest you hide your head in shame because I am schooling you in things that you should have known at age 22.

I have over 8 lawyers in my extended family, 1 judge. My mother is a lawyer, my mother in law is a lawyer and my wife is guess what?!! A LAWYER!! So I think I should have a fair idea of what I am talking about.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Reasobns why a case for attempted murder cannot stick;

Remember:

This is the most hillarious thing I have seen this morning. You took over 25 minutes to go to wikipedia and came back with a copy of whatever you found there, pasted it here and you think it actually supports your point? You must be a good comedian. Try harder bro. You dont even know the meaning of what you pasted there, believe me
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by jude33084(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Dude!!

If you are indeed older than 27, then I suggest you hide your head in shame because I am schooling you in things that you should have known at age 22.

I have over 8 lawyers in my extended family, 1 judge. My mother is a lawyer, my mother in law is a lawyer and my wife is guess what?!! A LAWYER!! So I think I should have a fair idea of what I am talking about.

Guy IGNORE THAT BOY
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2013
Let me help you a bit.

You dont have to bring a weapon from home before it can qualify for a weapon that can be used for attempted murder. That your post actually made me laugh for like 2 minutes. You are so funny dud.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

This is the most hillarious thing I have seen this morning. You took over 25 minutes to go to wikipedia and came back with a copy of whatever you found there, pasted it here and you think it actually supports your point? You must be a good comedian. Try harder bro. You dont even know the meaning of what you pasted there, believe me

Im sure say na your type for don sentence Zimmerman to death for their palour.. grin

Yeah!! I lifeted the darn definition off of wikipedia, but that doesnt make it any less true. In law, cases are not solved based on 'emotions' but certain laid down laws.

Your real problem is a limited mindset.. Chack out this scenario;

Chidi lloyd rushes into that hall empty handed as he was, grabbed ihunwo, pins hin to the ground and rains down punches on his face and causes the exact same damage he did to ihunwo with the mace, would you still be shouting 'Attempted murder'?! I doubt it. Stop focusing on the mace my child.. Look at the broader picture..

Now if Chidi Lloyd had grabbed a stick from outside and walked into that hall with it and proceeded to attack Ihunwo with that stick, then you have a solid basis to claim 'Mens rea' and thus attempted murder based on the 'actus rea'.

If you cant prove intent, then you have no case for murder.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2013
To prove motive in court, all you need do is show an event prior to the act that proves the offender had a reason to do what he did. That is all you need to do. A jury for example does not need to go searching wikipedia like you to understand these rudiments. You are clueless. You guys are even helping to provide that motive with your claim that Chinda attacked him earlier. He has also helped to provide motive by claiming he was attacked and ended up in the hospital before he came back to the chamber to attack Chinda. That is why I found it funny when some of you kept claiming he was attacked first. what you didnt realise is that you were all providing a proof of motive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Ganduje's Election As Kano Governor / Uzodimma Appoints Self Commissioner For Lands In Imo / Will 'President' Buhari Rear Cows In Aso Rock Gardens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.