Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,790 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

"Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? (8036 Views)

Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
I just read an experienced person advising a young but confused person on how to make a wise choice on a life-partner saying:

"..It'll work out as long as you marry your friend; do not marry your lover...".

Confusion galore!..LoL! I thought a lover is in love, and love conquers all (so they say), why would friends survive the turbulence of marriage, and lovers don't? Someone should help and explain this wise quote. For those whose marital 'boats' are sailing on very stormy water or even have sunk already, and for those who are torn between decisions now there may be a lot to learn from this honestly.

Please help explain this phrase in practical terms.

1. Who is a friend and who is a lover (what are the distinct characteristics of both)?
2. Why do friends survive the turbulence of marriage, and lovers don't?
3. Friendship and Love, which is more important in marriage?

Okay over to experienced wise counselors in the house...help us the JJCs..LoL!
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by vivianc(f): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Love is not enough for marriage, marriage is beyond romance and mushiness. Its more practical than these.........

If the sole reason you wanna marry someone is because you are insanely in love with the person and you over look some vital issues, those issues will come back and frustrates your love.

Who is a friend? I think a friend is someone you often agree with because he/she is a lot more like you. Practically, I have realised that for you to be friends with someone, there must be a part of you that's in that person. And yes, often times we fall in love with people that's entirely opposite us which brings about untold friction in that relationship. While our heads are screening "get out now before its too late!" Our hearts are saying "love conquers all, love would make everything alright, there is no perfect person out there."

Well, I have got some news for you; love doesn't make somethings alright! Rather it gets frustrated!

No matter how much you melt in his/her arms, if you guys are opposite of each in a not so good way, it might not work.

My opinion.

7 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
That is one of the best pieces of advice you can get. Love is relative. Our people say that two friends can share one plot of land peacefully but two enemies cannot share 100 plots without fighting. Friendship is what sustains a marriage. Some people claim they fall in love with people they have nothing in common with. It may just be the person is good looking or rich and that for them is love. A man may shower a lady with expensive gifts and she reciprocates by falling in love. It may be his good looks, voice, charm, charisma, swagger, baby face etc. But all those things do not make a marriage work. Friendship is key.

If your good friend call you that horrible nick name, you will probably laugh and insult him too and it ends there. If someone not so close to you does the same, you will fight like a lion. My point is friendship is what keeps you through the marriage. It is what makes you enjoy each other's company. It is what keeps you through the good times and tough times. When the reality and pressures of raising a family sets in, friendship is what sustains it. Whether you are living in a mansion or a flat, you would rather be with someone you can talk to and share common interests. By then, you would have been tired of the looks, charm, swagger. That is why you hear some people divorce due to unreconciliable differences. That means nothing other than we are just not friends. They could both be very good people but they may just not be friends - that is the meaning of irreconciliable differences.

4 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nashville: That is one of the best pieces of advice you can get. Love is relative. Our people say that two friends can share one plot of land peacefully but two enemies cannot share 100 plots without fighting. Friendship is what sustains a marriage. Some people claim they fall in love with people they have nothing in common with. It may just be the person is good looking or rich and that for them is love. A man may shower a lady with expensive gifts and she reciprocates by falling in love. It may be his good looks, voice, charm, charisma, swagger, baby face etc. But all those things do not make a marriage work. Friendship is key.

If your good friend call you that horrible nick name, you will probably laugh and insult him too and it ends there. If someone not so close to you does the same, you will fight like a lion. My point is friendship is what keeps you through the marriage. It is what makes you enjoy each other's company. It is what keeps you through the good times and tough times. When the reality and pressures of raising a family sets in, friendship is what sustains it. Whether you are living in a mansion or a flat, you would rather be with someone you can talk to and share common interests. By then, you would have been tired of the looks, charm, swagger. That is why you hear some people divorce due to unreconciliable differences. That means nothing other than we are just not friends. They could both be very good people but they may just not be friends - that is the meaning of irreconciliable differences.

I've read this several times trying to come to terms with the sermons we hear from religious men & women everyday about how “God is Love" & how that relates to marriage Vs ur explanation I almost came to the conclusion that secular (worldly) suggestions of Do's & Dont's of life situations are more practical & make more sense than religfious recommendations. So which do we follow - my pastor's or the counselor's?
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

I've read this several times trying to come to terms with the sermons we hear from religious men & women everyday about how “God is Love" & how that relates to marriage Vs ur explanation I almost came to the conclusion that secular (worldly) suggestions of Do's & Dont's of life situations are more practical & make more sense than religfious recommendations. So which do we follow - my pastor's or the counselor's?

You are right, love is EVERYTHING . . .

The problem is that most people mistake lust for love these days, that's why they are advised not to marry out of 'love'!

Without love, a marriage cannot succeed . . . . but only REAL love stands the test of time.

On my wedding day, I read from the scripture where men were advised to love their wives the way Christ loves the church. So much more that he was willing to give up his life for our sake.

That kind of love does not come overnight. you can only build that kind of love with someone you trust and respect. Someone you value like a friend . . .

3 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ujujoan:

You are right, love is EVERYTHING . . .

The problem is that most people mistake lust for love these days, that's why they are advised not to marry out of 'love'!

Without love, a marriage cannot succeed . . . . but only REAL love stands the test of time.

On my wedding day, I read from the scripture where men were advised to love their wives the way Christ loves the church. So much more that he was willing to give up his life for our sake.

That kind of love does not come overnight. you can only build that kind of love with someone you trust and respect. Someone you value like a friend . . .

Well, well, well some people who were in love & wedded in the church to seal that love turned to worst enemies even hurt & kill one partner when things go wrong. Most times when things aren't going quite the way one party expected it to. Therefore the concept of 'True Love' is questionable today- so much faking! Except we accept most people don't know what love is n the first place.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

Both mean the same thing. There are different kinds of love and the love for brother/sister is different from husband/wife. Love itself is a choice. You choose to love just as God chose to love us. What makes loving easier in marriage is if that person is your friend.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by bigheart2013(m): 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nashville:

Both mean the same thing. There are different kinds of love and the love for brother/sister is different from husband/wife. Love itself is a choice. You choose to love just as God chose to love us. What makes loving easier in marriage is if that person is your friend.

Wo! wo!! wo!!!, You all have thrown me into a well of confusion this afternoon, and I am trying to swim out now grin.

Consider this 2 scenarios: A guy has 2 ladies in his life:

Lady No.1 is not very educated (High School Graduate, while the man is a university graduate). They are best of friends, even buddies that they share almost every info, laf and play like kids. He calls her even in time of pains in his life, they hardly argue (maybe bc the lady has nothing at stake). However, he has no sexual attraction for her even though they can marry (more like best friends). Therefore, if they get married bc they are best friends they may have problems of infidelity. Moreover he is worried about the educational gap.

Lady No 2. Very educated, has a nice job, nice body and carriage. Both are 'in love'. The man is 'In love' with her because she's more of a wife material and fits the picture of 'Mother of his kids', and also may attract more respect to the family. However, they are not as good friends as girl No.1. They argue often & makeup (maybe bc she asserts her rights as an educated lady). She's a bit more conservative than girl No 1, so he really can't do his buddy 'naughty chats' with her, as he does with girl No.1.

If you were to advise this confused man to choose between marrying a friend (Lady No. 1) and marrying a Lover (lady No.2) who will you go for? grin wink grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by mgbeketoto: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Your friend will always be there. . . LOVERS COME AND GO! cool
In marriage. . . You ALWAYS marry a GOOOOOD FRIEND. . .then keep strings of lovers!
The very best of both worlds. . . .! kiss

I never wish to marry any of my lovers. . . WE ARE NOT FRIENDS. . . .NEVER WILL BE! kiss
Too late to develop 'FRIENDSHIPS' that would be as solid as those I have had in the past.
Not innerestid in 'getting to know "OLD DOGS WITH OLD TRICKS"! grin
Lovers are just for 'scratch and go' purposes ONLY! Not keepers. . . . USE AND DUMP THEM AT WILL. . . KEEP YOUR 'FRIEND AND HUSBAND'!cool

LOVERS ARE INTERESTING AND UNSTABLE
FRIENDS ARE BORING AND STABLE

Your choice! I have made mine. . .I AM KEEPING FRIENDS ONLY! cool
I ONLY KEEP MARRIED LOVERS AND FRIENDS! kiss

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by bigheart2013(m): 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
mgbeketoto: Your friend will always be there. . . LOVERS COME AND GO! cool
In marriage. . . You ALWAYS marry a GOOOOOD FRIEND. . .then keep strings of lovers!

I never wish to marry any of my lovers. . . WE ARE NOT FRIENDS. . . .NEVER WILL BE! kiss
Too late to develop 'FRIENDSHIPS' that would be as solid as those I have had in the past.
Lovers are just for 'scratch and go' purposes ONLY! Not keepers. . . . USE AND DUMP THEM AT WILL. . . KEEP YOUR 'FRIEND AND HUSBAND'!cool

grin grin grin.. Big, deep hmmmmmmmmm!!! to this candid, blunt contribution. So in the scenarios I gave above the girl in love (lady No.2) should be history? grin grin. But u must admit that most marriages are based on people who are 'foolishly' in love and passionate about each other though they may not be friends? Is that why we have divorces everywhere?
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by mgbeketoto: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
bigheart2013:

grin grin grin.. Big, deep hmmmmmmmmm!!! to this candid, blunt contribution. So in the scenarios I gave above the girl in love (lady No.2) should be history? grin grin. But u must admit that most marriages are based on people who are 'foolishly' in love and passionate about each other though they may not be friends? Is that why we have divorces everywhere?

Wrong! MOST MARRIAGES ARE BASED ON CONVENIENCE(for men) and DESPERATION(for women) or UNPLANNED PREGNANCIES. . . NOT LOVE! kiss

There is NO SUCH thing as LOVE before marriage kiss. . . .ONLY INFATUATION. YOU ONLY FALL IN LOVE AFTER A SPOUSE HAS GIVEN YOU REASONS TO EARN SUCH AN ACCOLADE! kiss Love build with time. . .THROUGH THICK AND THIN! kiss

A wise man or WOMAN will ALWAYS keep BOTH friend and LOVER! kiss
They complement each other well. . . .to make life interesting.

It is ALL GOOD now. . .since THEY ARE ALL SINGLE! cool

Caution:. . . ONCE THE MAN GETS MARRIED TO EITHER #1 OR #2. . .HE NEEDS TO WAIT FOR THE 'LOSER-LADY' TO FIND HER OWN HUSBAND. . . THEN RESUME THE LOVE TRIANGLE. . . WITHOUT GETTING HIS/HER LIFE MESSED UP!

Married people should NEVER FOOL AROUND WITH SINGLE PEOPLE . . .AND VICE VERSA!

I believe in EQUAL risks. . . AND YOLKING! kiss

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
mgbeketoto:
... ONCE THE MAN GETS MARRIED TO EITHER #1 OR #2. . .HE NEEDS TO WAIT FOR THE 'LOSER-LADY' TO FIND HER OWN HUSBAND. . . THEN RESUME THE LOVE TRIANGLE. . . WITHOUT GETTING HIS/HER LIFE MESSED UP! Married people should NEVER FOOL AROUND WITH SINGLE PEOPLE . . .AND VICE VERSAkiss

grin grin grin grin grin grin...OMG!! I am rolling on the floor here.. cheesy. This is even getting more daisy than anyone could think. Somehow we are getting close to the root of why why marriages are hitting rocks - People are getting married to wrong people for reasons and qualities that don't last, Period!
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
bigheart2013:

Wo! wo!! wo!!!, You all have thrown me into a well of confusion this afternoon, and I am trying to swim out now grin.

Lady No.1 is not very educated (High School Graduate, while the man is a university graduate). They are best of friends, even buddies that they share almost every info, laf and play like kids. He calls her even in time of pains in his life, they hardly argue (maybe bc the lady has nothing at stake). However, he has no sexual attraction for her even though they can marry (more like best friends). Therefore, if they get married bc they are best friends they may have problems of infidelity. Moreover he is worried about the educational gap.

Lady No 2. Very educated, has a nice job, nice body and carriage. Both are 'in love'. The man is 'In love' with her because she's more of a wife material and fits the picture of 'Mother of his kids', and also may attract more respect to the family. However, they are not as good friends as girl No.1. They argue often & makeup (maybe bc she asserts her rights as an educated lady). She's a bit more conservative than girl No 1, so he really can't do his buddy 'naughty chats' with her, as he does with girl No.1.

If you were to advise this confused man to choose between marrying a friend (Lady No. 1) and marrying a Lover (lady No.2) who will you go for? grin wink grin

I'm with you on this.
The challenge is to find someone you are attracted to and at the same time are friends with.
I think many marriages fail or are unhappy because very few people are lucky enough to find both in one person.

@ those who recommend to marry a friend:
What do you do when you are married and not atrracted to this person? At the end of the day, you share a bed.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I'm with you on this.
The challenge is to find someone you are attracted to and at the same time are friends with.
I think many marriages fail or are unhappy because very few people are lucky enough to find both in one person.

What do you do when you are married and not atrracted to this person? At the end of the day, you share a bed.

Wahala!! Yet someone wants to convince me that there should be no s*x before marriage in dis day and age when men will dump u once the 'thing' is no longer wet and tight for them... cheesy. It's better he finds out b4 marriage that mine is not good enough for him & find someone else than abandon me after marriage bc "..his pastor told him I am a 'witch'..." Lies!! Na who dem wan fool? We all know why they run to younger girls... cheesy
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

Wahala!! Yet someone wants to convince me that there should be no s*x before marriage in dis day and age when men will dump u once the 'thing' is no longer wet and tight for them... cheesy. It's better he finds out b4 marriage that mine is not good enough for him & find someone else than abandon me after marriage bc "..his pastor told him I am a 'witch'..." Lies!! Na who dem wan fool? We all know why they run to younger girls... cheesy

How is what you are saying related to my post? Sorry, I don't get your point.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
carefreewannabe: ...What do you do when you are married and not atrracted to this person? At the end of the day, you share a bed.

I am referring to the above quote and concurring that you are right that people should marry people they are attracted to. and the rest of the emphasis was mine that I'd rather test for such a 'compatibility' before marriage than after 'marriage'. men will never tell the real reason why they dumped a woman after intimacy. They usually only come up with a nice story, as I stated, to justify it.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by mgbeketoto: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

grin grin grin grin grin grin...OMG!! I am rolling on the floor here.. cheesy. This is even getting more daisy than anyone could think. Somehow we are getting close to the root of why why marriages are hitting rocks -

People are getting married to wrong people for reasons and qualities that don't last, Period!

MU HE HE HE HE HE HE. . . I DEY LAUGH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Even if there were crystal balls to tell people the RIGHT or WRONG people before marriage. . . .THERE WOULD STILL BE BREAK-UPS.

Reason:. . . .THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY OF FINDING A BETTER MAN OR WOMAN after marriage!

NO ONE IS REALLY THE ONE. . . TILL DEATH DO YOU PART! kiss

The one FACT no one can control in ANY RELATIONSHIP is that PEOPLE CHANGE! NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT!

Experience is always the best teacher. . . NOT CYBER DISCUSSIONS FROM FANTASTIC DELUSIONISTS ROMANTICS! grin

Please, take some time and watch Investigation Discovery Channel. . . PARTICULARLY. . .WHO THE SH*T DID I MARRY? or SNAPPED! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMEPzeAb78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYSiSxngaU

Where you have couples who have been married for over 40 years killing themselves for INSURANCE BENEFITS to elope with other men and/or women! HA!

Is it after years of marriage you REALLY find out if you have married a FRIEND OR AN ENEMY? Some friends turn out to be your worst nightmare. . . or your worst nightmare becomes your dream come true.

HOW CAN YOU TELL BEFORE GETTING MARRIED. . .WITHOUT FACING THE GOOD, THE BAD AND UGLY OF IT ALL?

Dream on! kiss
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

I am referring to the above quote and concurring that you are right that people should marry people they are attracted to. and the rest of the emphasis was mine that I'd rather test for such a 'compatibility' before marriage than after 'marriage'. men will never tell the real reason why they dumped a woman after intimacy. They usually only come up with a nice story, as I stated, to justify it.

Ok, I get it but I DIDN'T say people SHOULD marry who they are attracted to. I just wanted to ask people a question.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Woged2005(f): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Reason:. . . .THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY OF FINDING A BETTER MAN OR WOMAN after marriage!....The one FACT no one can control in ANY RELATIONSHIP is that PEOPLE CHANGE! NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT!...

I just made that point above but using a different analogy. Therefore, whatever steps anyone takes to identify a real partner who can at least last, is not a waste of time. From your very useful insights, I can tell you are very experienced with relationships. This LOVE 'thing' nawa...looks more like a 'bait' or 'catch word' to lure or catch a 'fish' (the innocent girl). I wish someone can list for me here qualities of a male or female friend to look out for...
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by mgbeketoto: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Woged2005:

I just made that point above but using a different analogy. Therefore, whatever steps anyone takes to identify a real partner who can at least last, is not a waste of time. From your very useful insights, I can tell you are very experienced with relationships. This LOVE 'thing' nawa...looks more like a 'bait' or 'catch word' to lure or catch a 'fish' (the innocent girl). I wish someone can list for me here qualities of a male or female friend to look out for...

Very experienced! cool
You can never tell. . . until it is over.
YOU might even be the one to be WATCHED! Not the other party! kiss
Instead of worrying about others. . . THE REALITY IS THAT PEOPLE TRANSFER THEIR INSECURITIES BY WORRYING ABOUT OTHERS. . . .AKA TRANSPOSITION!
Why spend so much time looking for THE PERFECT TOOLS to spot THE RIGHT ONE. . .?
All you need to do is PLAY WELL YOUR PART. . .! kiss
The rest? OUT OF YOUR CONTROL! kiss

Pure Psychology! kiss ANY GOOD RELATIONSHIP STARTS WITH A SOUND MENTAL HEALTH(not PARANOIA). . .and A HEALTHY DOSE OF SELF-LOVE!
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SINS AND SECRETS IN ANY MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP. . . . .
When anyone gets to that 'BRIDGE'. . . 2 CHOICES ONLY. . . . JUMP IN AND DROWN or CROSS IT AND LIVE! kiss
Simple! kiss

Much ado about nothing really. . .LIFE IS TO DAMN SHORT. . . ENJOY IT WITHOUT FEAR OF FAILURE! kiss

Off to work jare! cool

4 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
The phrase to me, means there will come a time when the love will fade away and the attraction will also fade away but the only thing that can keep the couples going is friendship. In as much as love is important, is also very compulsory to be best of friends with each other.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Winneygirl(f): 3:44am On Jul 31, 2013
Woged2005:

I wish someone can list for me here qualities of a male or female friend to look out for...
I dont thnk you will get a list that will be exhaustive. Besides friendship isn't something U make out of a script.
But to have the kind of friend I think U need, U have to be willing to open Urself up. U get wat U give. Be Urself.
A real friend would expect that U just be Urself. U will feel no pressure to be wat U're not. No need to put up a font, or meet certain expectations.
Laugh when U feel like, get angry when U're pissed off, shout with food particles in your mouth, or just smile when U want to.
A friend will not expect that U be anything other than who U are.
U will gradually realize that U love that person who U can talk to, & not get a judgemental eye.
Who U call, and d person can tell from Ur tone of voice if U're not ok.
Who would scold U for Ur wrongs but encourage U to move forward. Motivate U to be better than U are now. Shape up/modify Ur ideas 2 make them beta, & still call U a bush woman for not doing something right.

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by sleekdot(m): 4:40am On Jul 31, 2013
I think it means when the ravishing love and attraction fades.

If the 6 packs turn to potbelly, If the firm boobbs turn to slippers, If the smooth skin becomes wrinkled

Even thats too far even if you marry Beyonce by the time you fuckkk her consistently for 5yrs, she drops a few kids the attraction starts diminishing

The beauty queens and Mr Universe of 15yrs ago cant even stand out again

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 31, 2013
mgbeketoto: Your friend will always be there. . . LOVERS COME AND GO! cool

"Lovers are interesting and unstable, friends are boring and stable"

Nice one Calloti! wink
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Very experienced! cool
You can never tell. . . until it is over.
YOU might even be the one to be WATCHED! Not the other party! kiss
Instead of worrying about others. . . THE REALITY IS THAT PEOPLE TRANSFER THEIR INSECURITIES BY WORRYING ABOUT OTHERS. . . .AKA TRANSPOSITION!
Why spend so much time looking for THE PERFECT TOOLS to spot THE RIGHT ONE. . .?
All you need to do is PLAY WELL YOUR PART. . .! kiss
The rest? OUT OF YOUR CONTROL! kiss

Pure Psychology! kiss ANY GOOD RELATIONSHIP STARTS WITH A SOUND MENTAL HEALTH(not PARANOIA). . .A HEALTHY DOSE OF SELF-LOVE!
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SINS AND SECRETS IN ANY MARRIAGE. . . . .
When anyone gets to that 'BRIDGE'. . . 2 CHOICES ONLY. . . . JUMP IN or CROSS IT!
Simple! kiss

Much ado about nothing really. . .LIFE IS TO DAMN SHORT. . . ENJOY IT WITHOUT FEAR OF FAILURE! kiss

[size=26pt]CLASSIC [/size]
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2013
Woged2005:

Well, well, well some people who were in love & wedded in the church to seal that love turned to worst enemies even hurt & kill one partner when things go wrong. Most times when things aren't going quite the way one party expected it to. Therefore the concept of 'True Love' is questionable today- so much faking! Except we accept most people don't know what love is n the first place.

I'm not saying true love is only sanctioned in a church, I was only making reference to that scripture so you will have a better understanding of the kind of love required in a marriage.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 31, 2013
bigheart2013:

I'll take girl number 2. Problems must arise occasionally in every relationship as long as they are able to resolve those problems, most marriages are like the girl number 2 type. Marrying ur friend doesn't mean u should marry someone u are unattracted to.
However, if girl number 2 is very problematic and we can't seem to agree and we are always at each others throat, then I'd rather marry girl number 1. It's better to be without a woman than a troublesome one.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 31, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I'm with you on this.

At the end of the day, u use your vibrator, or your hand as the case may be, but if you wanna cheat, then find a lover outside cheesy lipsrsealed kiss
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by obyrich(m): 9:15am On Jul 31, 2013
Best thread in recent times! Every single nairalander should read this. Potential front page thread. I've learnt a lot myself.
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2013
Mgbeketoto, you make so much sense but this your user name na wa!

Very funny!

A post marry your lover and friend.....not your fvck mate!

If you can't find any, marry your friend , then look for fvck mate tongue.

Life is short!
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2013
Chillisauce:

At the end of the day, u use your vibrator, or your hand as the case may be, but if you wanna cheat, then find a lover outside cheesy lipsrsealed kiss

No, thank you!
Re: "Marry Your Friend; Do Not Marry Your Lover": Please What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2013
carefreewannabe:

No, thank you!

Odi egwu!

After now u go start checking the prices on Internet!

tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did I Act Too Desperate?? / How To Control BED BUG / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.