Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega (2717 Views)

Federal High Court To Decide Apc Guber Candidate Faith's In Akwa Ibom State / INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by draogtech: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
The APC would be Nigeria’s largest opposition party.

The policy making organ of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, will meet on Thursday to take a final decision on the application filed by the political parties merging to register as the ‘All Progressives Congress (APC)’, an official has said.

Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to Chairman of INEC, Attahiru Jega, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja that the commission’s chairman and the commissioners would meet as empowered by the law to take the decision.

On June 12, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC); and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) submitted an interim application to INEC for the registration of APC.

Mr. Idowu said that the process of registration of the merger groups as APC was on going as there was no infringement of any provision of the law on the issue.

“The stipulated 30 days after the application for registration has not lapsed so the commission has not broken the law. As at today we are speaking the process is on, no law has been broken,” he said.

Fears have been raised that INEC is not favourably disposed to registering the APC, following an ongoing court case filed by another group that had sought registration, and denied by INEC, using the same acronym.

Leaders of the merger APC have voiced their frustration at the electoral body’s seeming delay of the registration, saying they would be deemed registered by the end of the week if INEC did not accept or outrightly reject their application for registration.

If registered, the APC, which already has 11 state governors and several other merging groups and parties as members, will be Nigeria’s largest opposition party.

On allowing independent candidate in the 2015 general elections, as being suggested in the ongoing constitution review exercise, Mr. Idowu said it was not yet a law.

He said that since it was not in the Electoral Law, INEC as political umpire, would not do anything that was unconstitutional.

“The law that we have now does not allow for independent candidates; it is not even on the radar, but if the law is amended to reflect participation of independent candidates, then it becomes a law,” he said.

He said that until that was done the commission did not have such plan in its 2015 agenda.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141904-inec-to-decide-apc-registration-on-thursday-jega.html
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by pullyacap: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
we wait, we will watch and eventually witness the birth of APC....no matter what!
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by princesammmy: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
still waiting. so that they can shutdown Abuja
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Longeria(m): 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thunder fire anybody who will bring ABANDONED PROPERTY CRISIS........ A. P. C again in Igbo land.

Can you imagine igbos being deported from APC state or killed outright.

Anything that will bring back miseries to Igbo land again be it HIV ACN AIDS HBP APC STD CPC
HOLY GHOOOOOOOOOST FIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEEE.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by dinachi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Longeria: Thunder fire anybody who will bring ABANDONED PROPERTY CRISIS........ A. P. C again in Igbo land.

Can you imagine igbos being deported from APC state or killed outright.

Anything that will bring back miseries to Igbo land again be it HIV ACN AIDS HBP APC STD CPC
HOLY GHOOOOOOOOOST FIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEEE.
It is because of people like you that Igbos remain in political slavery till today. SHAME ON YOU!

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Mrhod: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
I thought dey hv registered it,is it so difficult to register a party? d news of APC registration is getting me bud, dey should concentrate on registering their party and stop all dis their talk, APC ALL D WAY.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Akpaife(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mrhod: I thought dey hv registered it,is it so difficult to register a party? d news of APC registration is getting me bud, dey should concentrate on registering their party and stop all dis their talk, PDP ALL D WAY.

Even me,let's wait n see d out come
Them never register their party since n talking n making noise all over d places
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Longeria(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
dinachi: It is because of people like you that Igbos remain in political slavery till today. SHAME ON YOU!
It's people like you that has helped in no small way in sabotaging igbo land with your partners in crime, the ofenmanus and abokis.

You're a waste of SPERM.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by samuelkaykay(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
To be born is not the issue,how you were born don't really matter,when you were born may not be a factor BUT THE ISSUE IS HOW LONG AND HOW WELL YOU LIVE.We are not afraid of them,though they shall gather,but they will scatter.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Candyrain(m): 12:13am On Jul 31, 2013
A political name or acronym that has once existed can be registered again. I heard that the acronym APC has been used before now. If that's the case why are these present APC causing confusion, don't they know what's written in the INEC's constitution? Name is not what we want to eat, their manifesto and there good vision is what we are after.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 31, 2013
Jega's got no other choice than to register the party.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by dodorima(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2013
APC is already a failure
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by dridowu: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
PDP VS APC VS OTHERS.....................................2015.................Who the crown fit let him wear
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by deandavid(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2013
We are in great need of a strong national opposition party in this country. We cnt sit and watch a group of persns to rule us as they like, we need people dat ll challenge them in the state and local govt levels. God i pray they register the party come 2moro. Amen.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Opey4luv(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2013
Politics and its dramas, the Amaechi-GEJ one just ended, lemme get a chair and some popcorn, and watch this new one unfold.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by deandavid(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2013
dodorima: APC is already a failure
How? Pls explain.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by Danjunior(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2013
NOTE:I see the mod sabotaging MRHOD comment. He meant to say PDP , but it is written APC. Abeg small small Oo. Or please correct me
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by coolestboy(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2013
INEC shd please register the baboon choping set of people make we hear word.
I tire 2 dey hear d name...
APC KO, ARMOUR TANK NI
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2013
I know its just a game they (INEC) are playing with APC. And I suspect PDP as the referee in the game.
Last Bullet:
The party ll still be registered.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by LagosBoi2(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2013
No matter how People Deceiving People tries, APC will be registered. The last time i checked all their siting governors are performing well, I can't wait for them to work at the federal level.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by bashydemy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Why is it taking INEC so long now, they are playing some trick i guess
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by naptu2: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Rhythm FM breaking news. "INEC approves registration of APC".
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by nwadaigbo: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
APC is d party for the dogs and baboons
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by fexlist(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Alright, w'll now av a strong opposition party in APC
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by naptu2: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
fexlist: Alright, w'll now av a strong opposition party in APC

Yes. I hope it leads to healthy competition that's based on delivering development to the people.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by BlueMurder(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Can't wait to have a virile opposition which offers a viable opposition to the ruling party.
Re: INEC To Decide APC Registration On Thursday- Jega by ogunteluwo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ok, but one thing I will entail to everybody is that politics is politics. Either APC or PDP, all will behave the same.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS From Abuja's Legislative Quarters Killing By Uniformed Men / Please Help: Sample Letter Requesting For Funding An NGO / How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.