Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food (2203 Views)

Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew / If You Hate Beans, Abeg Report Here. / Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by davidif: 10:28pm On May 31, 2008
TOH;
How is maggi and co. bad for me? i am just curious.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by 4Him1(m): 3:15am On Jun 01, 2008
chika98:

Why wont you get tired of it when you only limit yourself to mickkyDs and stuff.
There are tons of "yankee" foods out there. Eg Steak, pasta etc and these you can make yourself.

are those ur idea of "yankee foods"?
Steak is just beef!
Pasta - same thing as naija spaghetti!
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by chika98: 3:56am On Jun 01, 2008
4 Him:

are those your idea of "yankee foods"?
Steak is just beef!
Pasta - same thing as naija spaghetti!
Yeah and how you make it is what makes it different from naija food. Is spaghetti a nigerian dish?
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by sheniqua: 4:00am On Jun 01, 2008
chika98:

Yeah and how you make it is what makes it different from naija food. Is spaghetti a nigerian dish?

Is spaghetti american dish?
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by sheniqua: 4:03am On Jun 01, 2008
you don go google lipsrsealed
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by 4Him1(m): 4:27am On Jun 01, 2008
Madam Chika, dont bother googling . . . pasta is an italian dish grin
Steak isnt solely American, it is consumed in Europe and even Africa (we just call it suya).

All these ignorant people who love to argue.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by TOH(f): 6:19am On Jun 01, 2008
davidif:

TOH;
How is maggi and co. bad for me? i am just curious.

MSG.

Plus isnt it the same maggi some people claim they use as omo (detergent), lol
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by chika98: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2008
4 Him:

Madam Chika, don't bother googling . . . pasta is an italian dish grin
Steak isnt solely American, it is consumed in Europe and even Africa (we just call it suya).

All these ignorant people who love to argue.
lol. I wasn't even googling anything. I know pasta is Italian. Help me tell them jor
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by TOH(f): 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2008
pasta is Chinese.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by chika98: 12:15am On Jun 02, 2008
TOH:

pasta is Chinese.
Ofcourse it is. Wdf?
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by TOH(f): 3:00am On Jun 02, 2008
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by omoge(f): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2008
as long as i have my stew, am all right.
yam not good for you, pyam not good, rice no good.
i eat my green plantain and make okra for my stew to eat with Farina. i love stew and boiled beans.

i don't really see any diff between oyinbo and niaja food sha.

bear in mind, we shall all die out of something no matter how you run away from that palm oil, steak, white maggi (loathe it), knorr, maggi, burger (goodness i am eating Chicken nugget from burger king o) make i talk smallĀ  grin
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by JeSoul(f): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2008
omoge:

as long as i have my stew, am all right.
yam not good for you, pyam not good, rice no good.
i eat my green plantain and make okra for my stew to eat with Farina. i love stew and boiled beans.

i don't really see any diff between oyinbo and niaja food sha.

bear in mind, we shall all die out of something no matter how you run away from that palm oil, steak, white maggi (loathe it), knorr, maggi, burger (goodness i am eating[b] Chicken nugget from burger king o[/b]) make i talk small grin
I took some kids to BK yesterday and tried those things and it was so bland tongue . . . never again lipsrsealed. Anyways one must never expect much from anything that comes off the dollar menu
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by dee02(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2008
u fit try akamu and ponmo!
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 12:07am On Jun 04, 2008
There are many different america fods out there. Instead of going to mickydees, try Subway, Applebees and some soul food joints.

I LOVE AMERICA FOOD.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by omoge(f): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2008
Soul food? ummm

once i went out with my roomie to a soul food joint, . goodness!!! so salty. i don't know if i will ever go to a soul food resturant. . .

unless if i go down south cheesy might find one that isn't salty.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2008
omoge:

Soul food? ummm

once i went out with my roomie to a soul food joint, . goodness!!! so salty. i don't know if i will ever go to a soul food resturant. . .

unless if i go down south cheesy might find one that isn't salty.

soul food are the bomb. Its better down south though, places like ATL and Florida
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by davidif: 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2008
SeanT21
Is there something wrong with you? don't you know that Soul Food is very VERY bad for your health, no wonder black americans have the highest diabetes rate in America.

On a side note, my friend from naija was talking to another naija lady who was in hospital, she is a nurse and she said she is having so many problems mostly because of yanki foods. The lady has been here since she was 15, she is pretty old now and she is having all this kidney problems despite the fact that she doesn't drink. Yanki food is poisonous especially, the canned foods and the chicken. The chicken is fattened unnaturally with so many chemicals and the canned foods are already laced with chemicals so constant exposure to it (probably 2 decades) eventually results in some sickness or the other, that's why yanki people have so many sicknesses that we don't have like brain cancer, brain tumor e.t.c.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by naijadiva2(f): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2008
SeanT21:

soul food are the bomb. Its better down south though, places like ATL and Florida

yea, i hear the folks down south know how to cook. they got some good food and i mean real food. nothing like the what we have up here.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by davidif: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2008
real food that can kill you. There food is so incredibly unhealthy its not even funny, why do you think that African Americans die the most from heart disease and diabetes even more than whites and Latinos.
Re: Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food by naijadiva2(f): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2008
davidif:

real food that can kill you. There food is so incredibly unhealthy its not even funny, why do you think that African Americans die the most from heart disease and diabetes even more than whites and Latinos.

who cares, atlease i can say that i didn't die of starvation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tools For Baking And Sugar Craft / Can U Name A Typical Breakfast From Your Tribe-igbo,yoruba,hausa Etc / 4 Nigerian Delicacies That Are More Than Just Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.