Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570604 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by thattallboi(m): 1:45pm On May 13, 2017
ryfoz:

Check if your msg center number is correct. Check it with others in ur area

How and where do I check the message center number
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by vanchi(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2017
Can someone explain to me MTN new policy on data roll over
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dam5reey(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2017
JideSM:

I'll contact you shortly.

Thanks for the call... However please note that the speed is not 4G I use to have, hence I can't stream.

I used to download MP3 files with lighting speed under 2 seconds at 4MBs, but now, it's like 3G...

Please look into the speed, Not making sense

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ryfoz(m): 2:58am On May 14, 2017
thattallboi:

How and where do I check the message center number

Go to Messages > settings > Text Message (SMS) > SMS center number

Here's mine for you to see and check if it's the same, if it's not type it just like mine.

That's assuming you are using an android

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Melkuk: 11:59am On May 14, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Melkuk, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Several attempts to reach you were unsuccessful as your phone was switched off. However, kindly restart your device then try again. Regards

Resolved the issue myself. Btw the fault was from your network, cos my phone was switched on and active all through yesterday.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dumas32(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2017
Can you please help remove my Mtn whatsapp weekly plan, number 08068176164
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Saintsquare(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2017
JideSM:

So sorry Saintsquare, may i know the issues you are experiencing with the network? You can share it here or via PM. Regards
I have beem mailing you since yesterday no reply
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by kingmolah: 9:01pm On May 14, 2017
JideSM:

Hi kingmolah, i'm unable to reach you on the mobile number you provided. Please send an alternative mobile number via Pm to enable me assist. Regards

contact me with this one 08138095141
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 6:36am On May 15, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Chisomhustler, apologies for the inconvenience. Checks on your line revealed that you were billed N4 for each sms you sent. However, please note that a page of sms can contain a maximum of 160 characters ONLY. Once it passes that, you will be billed for two sms pages. Let me know if you need more clarification. Regards
tnks so much..am ok
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dam5reey(m): 7:52am On May 15, 2017
Can you explain why I received the first text... sad
Then I had to check my data balance...

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:51am On May 15, 2017
youngsahito:
sorry sir 08146237801

Hi youngsahito, 08146237801 is currently on MTN Tru talk and NOT on MTN Pulse. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:59am On May 15, 2017
vanchi:
Can someone explain to me MTN new policy on data roll over

H vanchi, data roll over is still applicable on all data bundles once you auto-renew on the expiration date. However, 1. Validity periods will no longer be accumulated. The maximum validity period will now be 30 days.
2. All data balances are now separated i.e daily, weekly and monthly with different expiry dates.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:07am On May 15, 2017
Dumas32:
Can you please help remove my Mtn whatsapp weekly plan, number 08068176164

Hi Dumas32, please be informed that your request for deactivation has been completed. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:25am On May 15, 2017
Saintsquare:
I have beem mailing you since yesterday no reply

So sorry Saintsquare, i haven't received your mail. kindly re-send so i can assist accordingly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by GlorianaCO(f): 10:06am On May 15, 2017
Please help me..I have been spending a whole lot on data lately and it's very annoying I dnt know what to do....I subscribed for 1.5gb/1000 on Saturday nd nw my data balance is 753.08mb and the truth is that I dnt really do much with my phone, it's just instagram, whatsapp and Opera mini I dnt even make use if the Facebook app just opera mini. The worst part of it is that once I recharge MTN cuts my airtime and then my Mb....its really frustrating
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:38am On May 15, 2017
kingmolah:
contact me with this one 08138095141

May I know your device type?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by GlorianaCO(f): 11:46am On May 15, 2017
GlorianaCO:
Please help me..I have been spending a whole lot on data lately and it's very annoying I dnt know what to do....I subscribed for 1.5gb/1000 on Saturday nd nw my data balance is 753.08mb and the truth is that I dnt really do much with my phone, it's just instagram, whatsapp and Opera mini I dnt even make use if the Facebook app just opera mini. The worst part of it is that once I recharge MTN cuts my airtime and then my Mb....its really frustrating

pls help me out dis is my number 07034905126
Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:58am On May 15, 2017
GlorianaCO:

Hi GlorianaCO, so sorry that this happened. I'll contact you shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:59am On May 15, 2017
GlorianaCO:

pls help me out dis is my number 07034905126
Thanks

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by GlorianaCO(f): 2:36pm On May 15, 2017
JideSM:

thanks Jide...I tried calling 180 now after missing a call but to no avail
pls am still waiting . Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by OHIsIManuEL(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2017
MTN people, una wehdone o, i subscribed for night plan to update my phone's version and you people drained my main data. if i say e no pain me ehn, walahi I'm lying.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:29am On May 16, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:
MTN people, una wehdone o, i subscribed for night plan to update my phone's version and you people drained my main data. if i say e no pain me ehn, walahi I'm lying.

Hi OHIsIManuEL, apologies for the inconvenience. As discussed, a refund has been made on your line. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:53pm On May 16, 2017
GlorianaCO:

thanks Jide...I tried calling 180 now after missing a call but to no avail
pls am still waiting . Thanks

As discussed,
Open your device's Settings app .
Tap Data usage Cellular data usage.
If it's not already on, turn on your data limit. Tap Settings . Switch on Set data limit. ...
Tap Data limit.
Type an amount. To switch between megabytes (MB) and gigabytes (GB), tap the Down arrow .
Tap Set.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by LastSurvivor11: 1:05pm On May 16, 2017
ryfoz:

Dial 180
Wait for it to call 1st option or just press 9 if you are impatient
Them choose 1 and wait for the confirmation that it has been changed. I am not doing because I like MTN but becos u are a fellow addled individual in the same quandary I found myself once.

Thanks boss but it didn't work
Pls can you assist me more.. thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by OHIsIManuEL(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2017
JideSM:

Hi OHIsIManuEL, apologies for the inconvenience. I'm unable to reach you on the mobile number you provided. Regards
we just spoke!
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Preator: 11:26pm On May 16, 2017
I called mtn180 to confirm if Tecno Camon CX air works with MTN 4G. They said yes but I'll have to upgrade my Sim to 4G LTE for FREE. No P. I bought the phone, entered their Benin 3 store and requested for a Sim upgrade. They said I have to pay #900 for a service that I was told to be free. No yawa ( na me need 4G). I reach home put Sim for phone and subscribe but 4G no work. I went to Twitter they said there is no 4G in Benin. Then y was I sold a 4G Sim in a non-4G area? He said he is sorry. But sorry doesn't explain y I was scammed ( cos I still had 3G data on Glo). If I dont get a better response, na to give u some free bad publicity o.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Hennyola(m): 12:04am On May 17, 2017
What do I need to provide to get my sim upgraded to 4G LTE and I'll like to know your coverage areas to avoid stories that touch (just as the posted above me)

Device: Infinix Hot4 Pro

P.S: Sim pack lost
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Preator: 7:59am On May 17, 2017
Hennyola:
What do I need to provide to get my sim upgraded to 4G LTE and I'll like to know your coverage areas to avoid stories that touch (just as the posted above me)

They said its only Abuja, Lagos and PHC.
A valid ID card and details you used in registering as well as frequently dialed numbers shud do the trick. Plus some cash (amount seems to depend on where you are doing it)

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Hennyola(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2017
Preator:

They said its only Abuja, Lagos and PHC.
A valid ID card and details you used in registering as well as frequently dialed numbers shud do the trick. Plus some cash (amount seems to depend on where you are doing it)

Thanks, I'm in Lagos though buh I'll like to know if it covers ALL areas of the state.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
Preator:
I called mtn180 to confirm if Tecno Camon CX air works with MTN 4G. They said yes but I'll have to upgrade my Sim to 4G LTE for FREE. No P. I bought the phone, entered their Benin 3 store and requested for a Sim upgrade. They said I have to pay #900 for a service that I was told to be free. No yawa ( na me need 4G). I reach home put Sim for phone and subscribe but 4G no work. I went to Twitter they said there is no 4G in Benin. Then y was I sold a 4G Sim in a non-4G area? He said he is sorry. But sorry doesn't explain y I was scammed ( cos I still had 3G data on Glo). If I dont get a better response, na to give u some free bad publicity o.

Hi Preator, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please visit http://www.mtnonline.com/4g for details on MTN 4G LTE
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:33am On May 17, 2017
Hennyola:

Hi Hennyola, you can visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to upgrade to 4G. Also check http://www.mtnonline.com/4g for more details.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Preator: 10:50am On May 17, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Preator, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please visit http://www.mtnonline.com/4g for details on MTN 4G LTE
What for again? I have been informed that its only in 3 cities and Benin is not one of them. Its the deception that is disturbing. Why sell me a 4G line at #900 when you know I wont be able to use it? Especially after I was told that it should be free. Going back to my Glo line.

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.