Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570038 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Enyi12345: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
is your network down throughout today or what. bought data the seller couldn't transfer the whole day and I recharge with my bank for airtime and my money was deducted but no airtime credited to my account.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Godchild2015:
Pls oh my people . of recent mtn had been deducting my money for no reason. Just today they have deducted #50 naira again. I tried calling their customer care (180) could not get option for me to interact with any of their staff. Pls oh, what the way forward my people?

Hi Godchild2015, so sorry to hear about the deduction. Kindly send your mobile number via the email message to enable run a check. In addition, dial *447# then follow the prompt to manage any active value added services on your line.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Enyi12345:
is your network down throughout today or what. bought data the seller couldn't transfer the whole day and I recharge with my bank for airtime and my money was deducted but no airtime credited to my account.no is 08136244035

Hi Enyi12345, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please confirm the amount of airtime you recharged. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by NaijaTechnician(m): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
tayoccu:
Y'ello Nairalanders,

We are using this thread as another channel to help, listen and learn from existing and potential MTN subscribers. Do not hesitate to send your inquiries, complaints and suggestions here, JideSM and I will do our best to make sure you get satisfactory response.

Please note I no longer work with the organization, please direct all your queries to jidesm.

Thank you.

Welcome to the new World!

I subscribed for weekly Data on MTN and now its remaining 84.55MB I can't use my MTN line to browse. Pls what is happening? Help me.. The affected number is on my signature.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Erudite01: 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
I can't browse with my mtn sim using the main account balance but i can with the bonuses, I have called the customer representative up to 50 times and the final word I usually get is we will send your issue to the technical line up to 30 times.
Anybody who has encountered such a problem and solved it please help a brother
'
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nbote(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
JideSM:

Greetings Mr JideSM, help me run a check on dis line 08065343655.. Shared data to d line but still d airtime is being deducted when it browses
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Optionally(f): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
JideSM:

Hi Enyi12345, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please confirm the amount of airtime you recharged. Regards
please what is the new mtn customer care line
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by AyoDonald11: 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good day @ JideSM, my phone got stolen recently, please what's the possibility of getting my line retrieved without an ID? as presently I don't have any valid means of identification.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by arcahmad(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
weldone mr jide for your good job, l lost my phone to thieves tonight, my phone number is 07069672461 thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by BunbleBee: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
JideSM:

Hi BunbleBee, please be informed that Valid Means of Identification for welcome back include:
1. International Passport
2. Valid National Driver’s License
3. National Voters Card
4. National Identity Card
5. NIMC Slip
6. Police and Military Identity Card
7. Valid Student Identity Card
8. Sworn Affidavit
sorry needed to ask this. how do I keep my number from being recycled...my NIMC slip is delaying
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Decency1984(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
good evening. please I am having problem with my mtn sim.

each time I buy data and used half of the data I would not be able to use the remaining data again.
right now I am having enough data on my sim but it cannot connect and when I borrow data it got connected.
please can you help me to resolve it?

my phone number is 08166021850 .thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by gkbiz2(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2018
Hi MTN support,

Some of your subscribers are using your line to defraud people saying they are selling/reselling cheap MTN data bundles.
Below is the detail of one of them. He is a scammer and known on various Whatsapp groups for scamming people.
His phone number is 08132515468.
His full name is MARTINS DANIEL.
His bank detail is DIAMOND BANK 6680613726.

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Caracta(f): 2:11am On Jul 02, 2018
I’ve been trying to do a proxy SIM-swap or welcome back for over two months now. It’s really frustrating.

I need help!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

I subscribed for weekly Data on MTN and now its remaining 84.55MB I can't use my MTN line to browse. Pls what is happening? Help me.. The affected number is on my signature.

Hi NaijaTechnician, so sorry for the difficulty you are having with internet. Your line has been worked on. Please power your device off and on then try again. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Erudite01:
I can't browse with my mtn sim using the main account balance but i can with the bonuses, I have called the customer representative up to 50 times and the final word I usually get is we will send your issue to the technical line up to 30 times.
Anybody who has encountered such a problem and solved it please help a brother
'

Hi Erudite01, apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Please provide your mobile number via the E-mail message to enable me assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2018
Nbote:

Greetings Mr JideSM, help me run a check on dis line 08065343655.. Shared data to d line but still d airtime is being deducted when it browses

Hi Nbote, So sorry for the inconvenience. Checks on the line you provided show that it is on MTN Beta talk tariff plan. Please be informed that the Beta talk bonus airtime takes priority over active Data bundle. All chargeable activities (data,sms,calls) are billed first from the Beta talk bonus airtime. Let me know if you need more clarification
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
AyoDonald11:
Good day @ JideSM, my phone got stolen recently, please what's the possibility of getting my line retrieved without an ID? as presently I don't have any valid means of identification.

Hi AyoDonald11, kindly visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre with a Sworn Affidavit to retrieve the line. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
arcahmad:
weldone mr jide for your good job, l lost my phone to thieves tonight, my phone number is 07069672461 thanks

Hi arcahmad, i'm truly sorry about your lost phone. Please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to retrieve the line. The requirements for Welcome back include:
1. A Welcome Back Form (to be filled in the office)
2. SIM certificate (PUK Number)
3. Three (3) frequently-dialed numbers
4. Valid means of Identification
5. Correct SIM registration details

Kindly note that Valid Means of Identification for welcome back include:
3. National Voters Card
5. NIMC Slip
8. Sworn Affidavit
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
BunbleBee:
sorry needed to ask this. how do I keep my number from being recycled...my NIMC slip is delaying

Hi BunbleBee, MTN KEEP MY NUMBER (KMN) enables MyCustomers to keep phone number(s) active on the MTN Network without carrying out any activities (Voice, Data & SMS) for as long as 3 years.

The Service prevents the MTN number(s) from being disconnected/recycled on the MTN Network for the period of activation

1 Share

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Skrilla: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hi JideSM,

About a week ago, I noticed my phone no longer had service and honestly, I did not know about the "Keep my Number" program until I went to the MTN website searching for a solution.

The line has been actively roaming and I use it for my banking transactions and to receive alerts. The last text message I received on that number was about 6 weeks ago.

I mailed the customer service address to let them know I cannot afford to lose my number as that is what I have on my account but they've been saying that the line has been disconnected and cannot be reconnected.

Please what are my options ?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by xxgig(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
JideSM:

Hi arcahmad, i'm truly sorry about your lost phone. Please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to retrieve the line. The requirements for Welcome back include:
1. A Welcome Back Form (to be filled in the office)
2. SIM certificate (PUK Number)
3. Three (3) frequently-dialed numbers
4. Valid means of Identification
5. Correct SIM registration details

Kindly note that Valid Means of Identification for welcome back include:
3. National Voters Card
5. NIMC Slip
8. Sworn Affidavit
hello, i am using a zte wifi/mifi with MTN as the service provider, each time i try to access webmail while connected to the device, it keeps loging me out saying my ip address has changed however this doesn't occur when i am connected to another service provider enabled device, is there a way this can be fixed?
oh even on my phone i cant access webmail using purchased data on my personal mtn line
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by OlatunjiOmotayo(m): 5:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning all, playing how do I roam my MTN number for both voice and data in Dubai, info urgently needed pls, thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Krak(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
JideSM:

Hi BunbleBee, MTN KEEP MY NUMBER (KMN) enables MyCustomers to keep phone number(s) active on the MTN Network without carrying out any activities (Voice, Data & SMS) for as long as 3 years.

The Service prevents the MTN number(s) from being disconnected/recycled on the MTN Network for the period of activation

If only you had started this long ago, I would not have lost my precious first number.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Decency1984:
good evening. please I am having problem with my mtn sim.

each time I buy data and used half of the data I would not be able to use the remaining data again.
right now I am having enough data on my sim but it cannot connect and when I borrow data it got connected.
please can you help me to resolve it?

my phone number is 08166021850 .thanks

Hi Decency1984, apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Checks on your line show you are able to browse now. Please confirm resolution. Also note that you were given 1GB main data bundle (to be used 24hrs) and 500MB (to be used between 1am and 7am).
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
gkbiz2:
Hi MTN support,

Some of your subscribers are using your line to defraud people saying they are selling/reselling cheap MTN data bundles.
Below is the detail of one of them. He is a scammer and known on various Whatsapp groups for scamming people.
His phone number is 08132515468.
His full name is MARTINS DANIEL.
His bank detail is DIAMOND BANK 6680613726.

Hi gkbiz2, so sorry to hear this. Please report to the appropriate security agent. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Caracta:
I’ve been trying to do a proxy SIM-swap or welcome back for over two months now. It’s really frustrating.

I need help!!!

Hi Caracta, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced. kindly send a mail stating the detailed requirements below to mtncustomercare3@mtn.com for assistance

• Probable date of return
• Your Line's year of activation
• Tariff plan (MTN BetaTalk, XtraValue, IPulse, etc.)
• Last amount recharged
• The PUK code of the line
• Correct details of your SIM registration (Your full name, address and date of birth)
• Six (6) frequently dialed phone numbers
• Proxy physical visit to the office and proxy’s data duly captured (live picture and demographics)
• Your proxy would do a sworn affidavit here in Nigeria with his/her passport photograph affixed, stating that the line owner is authorizing the proxy to perform the SIM registration and SIM swap on his behalf.- Scan and send to you, which you would in turn sign, scan and send to us
• Letter of authorization duly signed by the line owner (Signature on ID should match signature on letter)
• Proxy's phone number
• Approved identification card (International Passport Data Page, Driver's License, Permanent Voter's Card, or National ID Card) of proxy
• Your International passport data and visa page
• Your current address (full description)
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
Skrilla:
Hi JideSM,

About a week ago, I noticed my phone no longer had service and honestly, I did not know about the "Keep my Number" program until I went to the MTN website searching for a solution.

The line has been actively roaming and I use it for my banking transactions and to receive alerts. The last text message I received on that number was about 6 weeks ago.

I mailed the customer service address to let them know I cannot afford to lose my number as that is what I have on my account but they've been saying that the line has been disconnected and cannot be reconnected.

Please what are my options ?

Hi Skrilla, i'm truly sorry about the difficulty you are having with your line. Please send the affected mobile number via E-mail message to enable me run a check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
xxgig:

hello, i am using a zte wifi/mifi with MTN as the service provider, each time i try to access webmail while connected to the device, it keeps loging me out saying my ip address has changed however this doesn't occur when i am connected to another service provider enabled device, is there a way this can be fixed?
oh even on my phone i cant access webmail using purchased data on my personal mtn line

Hi xxgig, so sorry that this happened. Please send the affected mobile number and a contact number via E-mail message to enable me assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
Krak:

If only you had started this long ago, I would not have lost my precious first number.

Hi Krak, so sorry to hear this sad
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:54am On Jul 06, 2018
OlatunjiOmotayo:
Good morning all, playing how do I roam my MTN number for both voice and data in Dubai, info urgently needed pls, thanks

Hi OlatunjiOmotayo, please note that Roaming service is available by default on your MTN line. The MTN preferred roaming partner in Dubai (UAE) is DU network. Once get there, just search for network manually on your device to connect. Let me know if you need further clarification.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.