Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma (24032 Views)

How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by guttentag(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
I just don't know what to do right now, am so confused, please somebody should please help me. My dad was knocked down by a BIG JOE motor in ekpoma on the 29.07.2013, the bus was coming from abuja. now they have made by mother to be a widow. i feel so much pain and i can't speak on it, i really can't believe i no longer have a father again.

2 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by phrancys001(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
If d driver was reckless,get a good lawyer and sue if they are not taking responsibility for their action.hardluck bro.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Daresh(f): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Get a lawyer and sue them

2 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Caracta(f): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Accept my sympathy OP. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Is there any evidence you can use to support your cause? Pictures, number plate, witnesses, etc.? To sue them, i think you'll need "something" that holds water.

Be strong. May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by obowunmi(m): 2:09am On Aug 01, 2013
Sorry to hear. May his soul RIP.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 01, 2013
So sorry for ur loss, I just couldn't ignore ur thread. First of, u'll need to know the vehichle number and time of incidence, and why it happened. All this is to esterblish that it happened and the cause. If the vehichle had passengers as expected, its had to believe that all of them will be Willing partakers in the crime.. And have you been contacted by a rep of that company. If no, then u'v got to be strong and lodge a formal complaint with the governor's office. What u seek, I believe is Justice and ur Governor(Oshomole,I presume) seems proactive enough. File in a complaint with the legal council wing of youth corpers. They won't charge you. If there is any NGO in that state that champions rights, file a complaint with them. I know you feel weak and fraustrated due to your loss............. But stand out and speak out, someone is bound To hear. Most importantly, never stay too long away from your mom.. You have to be around to help her grief

12 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Ivynwa(f): 7:33am On Aug 01, 2013
May God comfort your heart dear.
It hurts deeply to lose a parent, God will take away the pain and make everything
alright. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by maclatunji: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
guttentag: I just don't know what to do right now, am so confused, please somebody should please help me. My dad was knocked down by a BIG JOE motor in ekpoma on the 29.07.2013, the bus was coming from abuja. now they have made by mother to be a widow. i feel so much pain and i can't speak on it, i really can't believe i no longer have a father again.

Sorry for your loss. You should try to get a decent lawyer to fight the case on behalf of your family.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Very sad indeed. When people say get a lawyer, for compensation or what? What amount will compensate for the loss of a loved one? I pray God comforts u at this trying times.

2 Likes

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by towieboy: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
I'm sorry bro, this life can be very harsh but God knows the beginning from the end. He will comfort you and your mother through these challenging times.

1 Like

Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
bros. I have 2 questions for yhu.
1.was the driver reckless while driving on that day?
2.were yhu @ d accident scene?
if both answers to DAT questions above are yes, my brother take serious legal action immediately.
but if no, my brother I would advice yhu to leave DAT case alone and move on with ur family, if not yhu will make ur mother lose 2 pple in d family. bcus as I have read from d above d GOVT did not press charges.
lastly am sincerely sorry for ur loss. take heart.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by JudiciumDei: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
so sorry about that dear. May His Soul rest in Perfect Peace. Amen!! and May the Good Lord grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by slap1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
There's little you can do, I'm afraid, unless you have the money or power to box the company to a corner. A lawyer is ok if you can afford one. God is your strength, brother.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Sorry for the loss. I sympathise with you.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Odunharry(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
God will neva depart u people...
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
If you stay in Benin, google lawyers in Benin and if you don't have the money, some do pro bono (usually for criminal cases sha) and you can pay after justice is served. Look for lawyers above 40yrs of age. E get why
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by AnOlAd: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
So sorry for your loss.. cry
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Jesuspikin87(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
Sorry for ur loss.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
I heard about this accident..sorry dear.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by sagytariusTM1: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
murimoney: bros. I have 2 questions for yhu.
Make him fry egg for yhu before u ask ur kweshun?
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by Chima2012: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
I am so sorry for your loss. Certainly you have a very good claim against the company. But first, your mother and siblings need your support. Lodge a formal report to the Police. Get a government hospital to do an autopsy. Make sure a good picture of the corpse is taken by a police photographer. Prepare for your father's burial; bury him and come back for the Transport company. God be with you and your family.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by BrokenTV: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
Take heart my brother, i know how you feel, i pass throw it when i lost my father tho not throw accident. The lord is your strength.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by alphaconde(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
Am so sorry
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by SailorXY: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
sagytarius™:
Make him fry egg for yhu before u ask ur kweshun?
I wonder
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by yuzedo: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
How unfortunate! Sorry to hear. I take it you want "justice" served. You may proceed against the company if you have the rgistration number of the vehicle and credible witnesses who can establish/testify to recklessness on the part of the driver, otherwise, you might have to "leave it to God". My sincere condolences to you and your family. Be strong.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by riskit33: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bros words fail me at this point, i really had to compel myself to make this post. Sorry for your loss please. But you weren't specific about the kind of help you need from us. Can you let us know?
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by whealthy(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
if what you seek his compensation, then act fast in getting a lawyer to secure a Mareva Injunction to keep the bus within jurisdiction so as to force the company to put up appearance and or pay decided compensation.
if you need comfort, and to get over it quickly or one of those who believe in leaving it to God, u can ignore the first advice and pray harder while drawing closer to your family members.
if you want the driver to be brought to book (which would depend on circumstances of the case to determine his culpability);pray for the police (to apprehend and charge him), the court (to ensure a speedy trial) and ur family (for strength to bear the long walk to justice)
RIP TO THE DECEASED, MY CONDOLENCE TO YOU!
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by duality(m): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
what about the passengers in the bus coming from Abuja? dem no fit talk? If they are on this forum, they should speak up and put the devil to shame. biko! angry
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by ohisola(f): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bt u people have already taken justice into ur hands now. Sm1 just told me abt d destruction of big joe office @ Ekpoma including the assault on their passengers. So if u want to take any legal action tink twice.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by samfibby(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Short of words. I just came back from Abuja via that road. We should learn to appreciate the lords mercy in our life. Op, please take heart. If u are suing the company, it should be that other drivers would exercise caution when driving and not just the monetary reward. I pray your father's soul rest in peace.
Re: Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma by ft2020(m): 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hardluck Dear,God almighty will bring the culprit to book.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.