Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond (16438 Views)

FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh / FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by blacksta(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
tpacalipse: Who still goes to this messed UK?

Another mumu and yet he queuing at embassy for visa

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by alarm4: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
i have a dream that one day Rooney will play for Eyinmba FC....
and i also have a dream that one day Beckham will come begging to caoch shooting star FC...
thats my dream....... what Abt urs!
say ur own!!!!!!!
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
So, is this thing true for real?
I need to be in that UK before the end of this year and I ain't got no 3000 pounds to pay. angry angry angry
What exactly are these people on about?
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by olas24u(f): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: To retaliate a country’s policies, you must have a corresponding amount of power to act. If Nigeria slams a £10,000 visa bond on the UK citizens, what other cards do we have to deal with if the country responds with another policy? Can Nigeria match them discrimination for discrimination, and xenophobia for xenophobia? Do they display as much desperation to come here as we do to their country? How many UK nationals want to visit Nigeria compared to the 180,000 Nigerians that apply to their country? Do they hold “Anointing for Visa” services in their churches like we do here? Do their citizens go to church to “praise God” and testify that they had been offered a visa to abandon their own country? We have been too true to Nietzsche’s observation: no one is such a bold liar as an indignant man.
Just send their airlines packing and youw ill get result or reduce their routes to only kano and drop lagos,abuja,porthharcouth and enugu.The will beg
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by mckemsoc(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
alarm4: i have a dream that one day Rooney will play for Eyinmba FC....
and i also have a dream that one day Beckham will come begging to caoch shooting star FC...
say ur own!!!!!!!

Keep day-dreaming, its not a crime 2 do so.

@Op, if this retaliation of a thing takes anoda turn, I wonder if its d brits or Nigerian dat would suffer most.
Btw, hw many of them are queuing and clamouring 4 naija visa d way Nigerians are killing demselves 2 obtain a UK visa?

Truth b told, a lot of Nigerians are messing up their country for dem and they are tired of it. Period!
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by oseo1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
The Nigerian government has always operated a reciprocal system, for example an American can get a maximum of 2 years visa because that is what they give us. It's not a new thing it's standard operating procedure. So if the require a bond from us we will require one from them.

The basic difference between the Nigerian going to London and the brit coming to lagos is that the Nigerian is going to spend money and the brit is coming to earn money. The British government will backtrack after 3-6 months when they see that they are the ones losing out not us.

Plus £3,000 is nothing to the man who wants to disappear and get lost in London.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Feedmemore(f): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
Last i checked, talk was still cheap. Lol
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by dallyemmy: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
Well, to me the best retaliation is for us to develop our country just like UAE, China and Japan. Then the UK citizens would be seeking our visa the way they seek that of UAE, China and Japan.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by YvonneDiamond(f): 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Good move. Proudly Nigerian.
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by letibab(f): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Whenever the conservatives are in power in the UK they always target immigrants from these countries.The requirement for prior visa before going to UK from these countries was introduced by a Tory government in the 1980s. And now this!

Talk about racism or discrimination! They are all third world countries and the policy has everything to do with skin colour and relative poverty of tourists from these countries.

One might ask what is the benefit of being in the Commonwealth which Britain is the traditional Head? Nigeria should get out of that old relics of colonial mentality.

There are better equipped industrial powers that Nigeria can do business with and should shun UK. But do slap the same restrictions on UK!
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Piro4rl(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
It's a good move by the FG
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by wayodude(m): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
alarm4: i have a dream that one day Rooney will play for Eyinmba FC....
say ur own!!!!!!!

My own is that you should finally stop smoking that thing that you smoked before you typed that poo cheesy

No offence lol

1 Like

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Afroconnect: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
shame on Nigeria.so they are trying to get our best brains and all our rich people but deny the average Nigerian.
why is Nigeria tolerating all these poor terorists chadians,cotonu people and Ghanians-we have tens of millions of poverty stricken people in Nigeria,still we allow more poor dumb people into Nigeria...what a country.
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by wayodude(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Its good to be patriotic but lets face facts:

Do Nigerians in their 10s of thousands grossly misuse their visas to the UK or not?

Keep to topic and reply....

The countries listed most especially India, Pakistan and Nigeria dont have any leg to stand on. The are indeed the highest risk countries with regards to legal migrants and visitors turning to illegal by overstaying.

Whether taking a bond from travellers is best approach to manage the situation ..me i no know sha.

Maybe our govt can try to discourage our people from breaching their visas conditions and always trying to beat the system everywhere they go. That would surely help.

We are in the middle of rebranding abi no be so?
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by PureNigerian: 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
@bloggernaija:

Retaliate with what and against whom.this bond reveals the president's lack of international political clout .
If he had one,all it would have taken is a phone call or cashing up on IOUs.
This was something OBJ knew how to do very well .
As we speak ,family members and girl friends of the political elites(those without a foreign passport) are probably prepping their £3000 bond for their next shopping trip to harrods.
So who is deceiving who .

True talk

@mankand:

Headless leaders leading biased and greedy citizens
why not make your country liveable and conducive for your citizens I bet nobody in his or her right sense will be ready to pay such amount to the British thieves
After they have drained this country and discover that it is impossible to suckling Nigeria dry because a mosquito cannot suckling dry the blood of anyone, they are deviating another means.
The best the government can to to retaliate is to start setting up projects, improving the lives and standard of living in the country then give Nigeria 5 years, those running abroad will start running back. It is a simple mathematics and you need no prophet to tell you this

God bless you.

In the 60s and early 80s we didn't need a visa to the UK, ask yourselves what changed.
How many UK citizens have over stayed their visit to Nigeria?
You obtain a UK visa for 2 weeks and stay there for ten years committing all kinds get rich
quick crimes and they propose a measure to check against such vises and you are here talking
about retaliation.
Then you now have a confused government (GEJ) that think upside down and says the best solution
is to support criminality.
If you support the government of Nigeria on this then you are supporting the Chinese, the Indians, the Lebanese
and all others nationalities that live in Nigeria with expired visas.
Why not ask your government to build institutions that will stop the exodus of Nigerians to foreign land.
We always like to lay blame where it doesn't belong.
With this kind of attitude, Nigeria will never move forward.
Or is it that only Nigerians visit UK from Africa.
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by PureNigerian: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
@wayodude
Its good to be patriotic but lets face facts:
Do Nigerians in their 10s of thousands grossly misuse their visas to the UK or not?
Keep to topic and reply....

No mind them
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by oseo1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
It is harder to get a Nigerian visa than an American #fact. If you don't believe me ask around.
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by bloggernaija: 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
gboss4sure:

Your hated for the president know no bound. So what would you say about the Presidents of the other 4 countries that the bond was imposed on?. This is a political decision based on the re-election of the uk's president do you really think a phone call could sort it out? By the way which Nigerian president has ever sorted any sort of issue with just a phone call. Try to buy some sense from the market and stop dragging the presidents name into every issue.

I do not hate.the word is dislike. I dislike people who are corrupt,myopic and people who deflect their inadequacy unto others.
FACT-nigeria has more dollar billionaires than Britain.nigeria has more natural resources than Britain .yet many Nigerians jump on planes to travel to the United Kingdom .
What is holding us back?
The kind of leaders.
Now how do you expect me to respect someone who goes to china(a third world 30yrs ago) to prostrate and beg for money to sweep his own street.money he will probably spend a significant chunk eating.
If you want to be a slave ,go ahead
But there is dignity in not being a perpetual achohlic debtor especially when you have enough to fix your own roof .
That is one thing OBJ did well which blunts some of his own inadequacies.

He passed on a good credit balance to GEJ and Yar adua.the only thing they had to do was build on it and start the task of nation building.
The only thing they have succeeded in doing is to hire paid agents to troll social networks ,fan the embers of ethnic hatred ,and insult people.

By the way,I am socially liberal and a fiscal conservative .so anyone whose selling point is to utilise religion as a weapon or who goes borrowing for no reason but due to his lack of essential leadership qualities ,is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Profidada: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
I think the best retaliatory measure should be directed at shell which i think is the british greatest interest in nigeria. We should use the inability of shell to stop gas flaring which is a crime in nigeria to deal with the british. A stiffer penalty should be imposed on them.
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
I HAVE A DREAM! I HAVE A DREAM!! I HAVE A DREAM!!!
THAT ONE DAY, SOME PERSON FROM DAVID CAMERON'S LINEAGE WILL SLEEP OVER AT THE NIGERIAN EMBASSY FOR VISA

I HAVE A DREAM! I HAVE A DREAM!! I HAVE A DREAM!!!
THAT ONE DAY, SOME PERSON FROM THE ROYAL FAMILY IN ENGLAND WILL QUEUE AT THE NIGERIAN EMBASSY FOR VISA
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by taharqa2: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
HNosegbe: I never expected Cameron's Conservative government to backpedal with this policy. The move is clearly a political one to curry favour with his right-wing anti-immigration base.

Cameron doesn't really care about limiting immigration (it's a senseless move, really) - he cares about winning the next elections.

I would suggest that Nigeria liaise with India, Kenya, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on the possiblility of adopting a coordinated, multilateral approach to this issue. I think that would better achieve the desired effect than taking a unilateral retaliatory measure.

Meanwhile, what are we still doing in the Commonwealth?
Great point..... Was thinking along same line too
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by kaeycea(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
The best retaliatory measure is to reduce d operations of BA to one airport and increase tax of 10000 pounds for every landing...
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by babaowo: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
ihesiulo a: Please get your facts right! is Kenya inclusive? with my readings in Heralds newspaper and other brits paper its Nigeria & Ghana from the African countinent.. when was Kenya included? Get your fact right!
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by seangy4konji: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
So UK don be like hotel weh go collect damages before i sleep incase i over shayo break bottle of i knacl akpako my wife con spoil dem bed,dem go remove am from damages before i comot abibut forgive me,if yyou pay 3000l pounds con knaclk oyinbo toto tear?dem fit remove damages from your 3l pounds abi
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
This makes it all seem like a child's play.

Even though the UK needs this to cut down illegal immigration, the policy is very discriminatory. I just hope our government will hit them at the spot where it will hurt, but then do we have the same immigration issues as the UK? Will placing some restrictions on UK citizens spell well for the Nigerian economy? I don't want anything to backfire o. This is why we really need to do away with the rot in our system. Nigerians wouldn't have to run helter-skelter outside the continent in search for greener pastures if things are in order here. cry
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Aedesmuskeeto: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
toprealman:
Well said. Tax is the mainstay of their economy. You earn £30000 and your take home falls to almost £22000 then you have bills to pay too.
Nobody will take you seriously till you kick some balls!!! These people colonised us, yet they treat us like fools.
ouch!!!
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Horus(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
P.Stacks:

We must fix this country and make it the Envy of other because we have what it takes...

Retaliate the policy or not retaliate, we must fix this country..

We must fix this country first.

This is the most important point
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by unmask: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
so Nigeria plans to retaliate....lmao....what are you planning to use to retaliate?......the brits that come here come with your money and they would leave with more of your money.....the only way you can retaliate is making the country better than uk.....which unfortunately is impossible.....better parly with them to reduce the bond at least that way the illegals could still go and it would help reduce the number unemployed peeps
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by unmask: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
ose_o: The Nigerian government has always operated a reciprocal system, for example an American can get a maximum of 2 years visa because that is what they give us. It's not a new thing it's standard operating procedure. So if the require a bond from us we will require one from them.

The basic difference between the Nigerian going to London and the brit coming to lagos is that the Nigerian is going to spend money and the brit is coming to earn money. The British government will backtrack after 3-6 months when they see that they are the ones losing out not us.

Plus £3,000 is nothing to the man who wants to disappear and get lost in London.
pls pray tell how the brits would lose out at the end? They will now get 3k pounds for Illegal migrants who thronged their shores for free before and as for the bonds they get to pay sure they would get it back as the only way they can overstay is if they get kidnapped....funny thing is bond or no bond, any brit that stays here for 2 yrs would most likely fuel his life for 22 months....I believe thats sufficient punishment.......abeg make I go buy fuel for my gen jare
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Coefficient(m): 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: To retaliate a country’s policies, you must have a corresponding amount of power to act. If Nigeria slams a £10,000 visa bond on the UK citizens, what other cards do we have to deal with if the country responds with another policy? Can Nigeria match them discrimination for discrimination, and xenophobia for xenophobia? Do they display as much desperation to come here as we do to their country? How many UK nationals want to visit Nigeria compared to the 180,000 Nigerians that apply to their country? Do they hold “Anointing for Visa” services in their churches like we do here? Do their citizens go to church to “praise God” and testify that they had been offered a visa to abandon their own country? We have been too true to Nietzsche’s observation: no one is such a bold liar as an indignant man.

Are you saying we should be spineless and remain in perpetual subserviency?
Re: FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond by Ama28(f): 2:08am On Aug 02, 2013
Its high time Nigerian government stop acting like we are the only ones that have interest or diplomatic stakes around the world. We also have many niche to bargain with.
Kudos to the Mr Minister!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndoma-egba, Otu, Others Defect To APC In Cross River State / Nigerian Engineers Decorate Buhari As Patron / Emir Umar Farouk: Nigerians Will Beg Buhari To Do A Third Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.